NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke - Page 894  

post #26791 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy View Post

One day you'll be a legend like me.

*fist bump*

smokin.gif

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

post #26792 of 93193
pimp.gif legendary.
post #26793 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmaz96 View Post

can we take a moment to talk about how byke Wade is?

I had almost lost hope he would ever return to top form
post #26794 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy View Post

One day you'll be a legend like me.

Life goles

"I apologize, turns out it was not the Thunder's year.  I wish they hadn't played the games"

 

 

"I apologize, turns out it was not the Thunder's year.  I wish they hadn't played the games"

 

 

post #26795 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSka View Post
 
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post
Originally Posted by DarthSka View Post
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post
Originally Posted by DarthSka View Post

How many points you think Steph would get if he shot 46 times and had 20 free throws?

Like infinity?
Dem hypotheticals
Open questions aren't hypotheticals.

You're better than that... except with one topic.

Literally just one. laugh.gif  
Could you please explain how it's not a hypothetical?

No doubt.

 

First, let's begin with my original hypothetical.

 

What was I hypothetically saying would happen?

 

What was my original position?

 

I'll wait.

IF steph shot ___ ____ ____, how many points do you think he would score?

 

you're question was based on the hypothetical situation where steph takes that many shots

 

It is a question where we take what we currently know and use it to make an educated guess at the outcome for something that has yet to (or never will) happen

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

post #26796 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmaz96 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy View Post

One day you'll be a legend like me.

*fist bump*

smokin.gif

post #26797 of 93193

LeGoran byke :hat

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

post #26798 of 93193
post #26799 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSka View Post
 
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post
Originally Posted by DarthSka View Post
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post
Originally Posted by DarthSka View Post

How many points you think Steph would get if he shot 46 times and had 20 free throws?

Like infinity?
Dem hypotheticals
Open questions aren't hypotheticals.

You're better than that... except with one topic.

Literally just one. laugh.gif  
Could you please explain how it's not a hypothetical?

No doubt.

 

First, let's begin with my original hypothetical.

 

What was I hypothetically saying would happen?

 

What was my original position?

 

I'll wait.

IF steph shot ___ ____ ____, how many points do you think he would score?

 

you're question was based on the hypothetical situation where steph takes that many shots

 

It is a question where we take what we currently know and use it to make an educated guess at the outcome for something that has yet to (or never will) happen

A hypothetical is something conjured, a deviation from fact.

 

It's not just every 'if' statement,

 

"If dinosaurs and humans coexisted, do you think man hunted t-rexes?"

They definitely did NOT coexist, and we know that. Deviation from fact. Hypothetical, with a question.

 

"If Steph shot 46 times and 20 FTs, how many points do you think he would get?"

It's possible that this could happen. It's true that it hasn't happened before, but unlike dinosaurs, this could happen. Steph's career is not over.

 

"If it were to happen, what do you think?" =/= "It didn't, and can't, but pretend it did. What do you think?"

 

possibility =/= hypothetical

4L 8O 15S16 T23 !42
L. A. A N G E L S, L. A. L A K E R S, U K W I L D C A T S, L. A. R A M S, L. A. S P A R K S.
"This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs...
4L 8O 15S16 T23 !42
L. A. A N G E L S, L. A. L A K E R S, U K W I L D C A T S, L. A. R A M S, L. A. S P A R K S.
"This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs...
post #26800 of 93193
this hypothetical arguement is the worsest

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

post #26801 of 93193

 

Oakland Athletics | Golden State Warriors | NTWT

 San Francisco Giants | San Francisco 49ers | UCLA Bruins

 

 

 

Oakland Athletics | Golden State Warriors | NTWT

 San Francisco Giants | San Francisco 49ers | UCLA Bruins

 

 

post #26802 of 93193

can't stand this GSW crap.

post #26803 of 93193
I'm just wondering how did Steph reach this level man.

32/5/6 with 2 steals a game sick.gif

That's early 2000s SG numbers laugh.gif

He's shooting just under 46% from 3....on 11 attempts
post #26804 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Route View Post

can't stand this GSW crap.

You need a tissue?
post #26805 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Route View Post
 

can't stand this GSW crap.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #26806 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSka View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSka View Post
 
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post
Originally Posted by DarthSka View Post
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post
Originally Posted by DarthSka View Post

How many points you think Steph would get if he shot 46 times and had 20 free throws?

Like infinity?
Dem hypotheticals
Open questions aren't hypotheticals.

You're better than that... except with one topic.

Literally just one. laugh.gif  
Could you please explain how it's not a hypothetical?

No doubt.

 

First, let's begin with my original hypothetical.

 

What was I hypothetically saying would happen?

 

What was my original position?

 

I'll wait.

IF steph shot ___ ____ ____, how many points do you think he would score?

 

you're question was based on the hypothetical situation where steph takes that many shots

 

It is a question where we take what we currently know and use it to make an educated guess at the outcome for something that has yet to (or never will) happen

A hypothetical is something conjured, a deviation from fact.

 

It's not just every 'if' statement,

 

"If dinosaurs and humans coexisted, do you think man hunted t-rexes?"

They definitely did NOT coexist, and we know that. Deviation from fact. Hypothetical, with a question.

 

"If Steph shot 46 times and 20 FTs, how many points do you think he would get?"

It's possible that this could happen. It's true that it hasn't happened before, but unlike dinosaurs, this could happen. Steph's career is not over.

 

"If it were to happen, what do you think?" =/= "It didn't, and can't, but pretend it did. What do you think?"

 

possibility =/= hypothetical

exactly, since it has not happened it is at this current time conjured, not yet fact. we are not talking about the likely hood for something to happen we are talking about what if something happens. 

 

the only possible answers to your question are hypothetical answers, until your "if" statement actually happens then it is no longer hypothetical because we have facts on what would actually happen. The only possible non hypothetical answer to your question would be if steph was an NTer, read your post, went out to shoot 80 times in a NBA basketball game, and replied to your quote with "That."

 

there is nothing in the definition of hypothetical or hypothesis that suggests that the subject of the claim needs to be impossible. 

 

"what would you do if you won the lottery" is a hypothetical question, any response to it would be a hypothetical answer unless the person had actually won the lottery and was detailing events that actually happened.

 

your question is no different than someone saying "steph would be the GOAT if he wins 7 championships"

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

post #26807 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8PM at MSG View Post

I'm just wondering how did Steph reach this level man.

32/5/6 with 2 steals a game sick.gif

That's early 2000s SG numbers laugh.gif

He's shooting just under 46% from 3....on 11 attempts

Offseason work

"I apologize, turns out it was not the Thunder's year.  I wish they hadn't played the games"

 

 

"I apologize, turns out it was not the Thunder's year.  I wish they hadn't played the games"

 

 

post #26808 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhalilMack52 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Route View Post

can't stand this GSW crap.

You need a tissue toilet paper?

fixed

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

post #26809 of 93193

 

Oakland Athletics | Golden State Warriors | NTWT

 San Francisco Giants | San Francisco 49ers | UCLA Bruins

 

 

 

Oakland Athletics | Golden State Warriors | NTWT

 San Francisco Giants | San Francisco 49ers | UCLA Bruins

 

 

post #26810 of 93193

Chris Paul (ribs) will miss his second straight game, and 5th of the season, when the Clippers host the Magic tonight. J.J. Redick (ankle) is also out against his old team.

NBA 2m

post #26811 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhalilMack52 View Post


You need a tissue?

 

Can't stand GSW and Curry.  The bandwagon is another thing in itself.  He can obviously shoot, and by shoot, I think he is way way way better than Ray Allen.  If anyone has actually watched Curry play, Curry is one of a kind.  No one has been able to shoot like him, no one!!!  

 

Curious to see if UnderArmor will sign him a life time contract or whatever.  That ankle of his though.

post #26812 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Route View Post
 

 

If anyone has actually watched Curry play, Curry is one of a kind

As someone who hasn't, can you expand on this?

post #26813 of 93193
they're waving the Latvian flag in Milwaukee laugh.gifsmokin.giflaugh.gif

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

post #26814 of 93193

Green :x

post #26815 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea manup 
exactly, since it has not happened it is at this current time conjured, not yet fact. we are not talking about the likely hood for something to happen we are talking about what if something happens. 

the only possible answers to your question are hypothetical answers, until your "if" statement actually happens then it is no longer hypothetical because we have facts on what would actually happen. The only possible non hypothetical answer to your question would be if steph was an NTer, read your post, went out to shoot 80 times in a NBA basketball game, and replied to your quote with "That."

there is nothing in the definition of hypothetical or hypothesis that suggests that the subject of the claim needs to be impossible. 

"what would you do if you won the lottery" is a hypothetical question, any response to it would be a hypothetical answer unless the person had actually won the lottery and was detailing events that actually happened.

your question is no different than someone saying "steph would be the GOAT if he wins 7 championships"
Entertaining possibilities is not the same as hypothesizing impossibilities.

Not every created situation is a hypothetical; not every if is a hypothetical.

But I'm the bad guy for continuing, so let me stop. laugh.gif
4L 8O 15S16 T23 !42
L. A. A N G E L S, L. A. L A K E R S, U K W I L D C A T S, L. A. R A M S, L. A. S P A R K S.
"This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs...
4L 8O 15S16 T23 !42
L. A. A N G E L S, L. A. L A K E R S, U K W I L D C A T S, L. A. R A M S, L. A. S P A R K S.
"This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs...
post #26816 of 93193
Down Goes Krispy
post #26817 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Van Ho View Post
 

As someone who hasn't, can you expand on this?

You've got to be pulling.  LOL

 

His shooting abilities are unreal!  You have to watch him.  Self explanatory.  The same goes for the many individuals who don't watch Kobe, yet have something to say about his terrible shooting %.  People need to watch the games, NOT HIGHLIGHTS to understand.

 

People don't really commit the time into watching Curry and Kobe; yet will associate a terrible shooting percentage w/ Kobe and call him washed.   That's another topic in itself though.

 

Any ways, Curry's stats will serve enough for  people who don't watch him, but for people who actually do, man oh man, he's the next best thing.  I can understand why the NBA have made him the new face, and can understand why they will do whatever they can to protect him.  As much as I dislike the GSW and Curry, he's definitely in a league of his own.  There's no denying that.

post #26818 of 93193
Dirk vs Kristaps on Monday should be fun

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

post #26819 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSka View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by a-friend View Post

 
GSW fans aren't even that bad man.

Everytime ANY of them post (aside from maybe none(or 1)), I just assume the post says "stephGod" or "  ......record since" and move on to the next post.
Going to have to agree with this.

Of the recent champions in sports (not just NBA), GSW's current reign has been one of the least annoying reigns ever as far as fans go.

That's what happen when we smokin.gif nothin but fire in the yay b
post #26820 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Route View Post


Can't stand GSW and Curry.  The bandwagon is another thing in itself.  He can obviously shoot, and by shoot, I think he is way way way better than Ray Allen.  If anyone has actually watched Curry play, Curry is one of a kind.  No one has been able to shoot like him, no one!!!  

Curious to see if UnderArmor will sign him a life time contract or whatever.  That ankle of his though.

what are "things people said in 2011", Alex.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
This thread is locked  
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke