NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke - Page 1023  

post #30661 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty tony View Post

He is the 2nd option.

Bradley Beal leads the team in shots.
He needs a better 1st option then.
Outta this world jupitar jack
Outta this world jupitar jack
post #30662 of 93193
Shaq and Kobe were never equals in any of those championship years either philosophically or tangibly.

Shaq>Kobe
Aggies Spurs
Aggies Spurs
post #30663 of 93193

2mq3v5i.jpg

 

8o

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

post #30664 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by WavyCrocket View Post

Alex Len is real 👀

Terps pimp.gif

I like him too. Legit 7 footer with skills and solid, if not spectacular, athleticism.

My impression of him is part of what made the Suns deal for Chandler a bit puzzling to me. Glad Len has been playing well lately.
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
post #30665 of 93193
nerd.gif
Houston Texans Seattle Seahawks Houston Rockets
Seattle Supersonics Houston Oilers
Houston Texans Seattle Seahawks Houston Rockets
Seattle Supersonics Houston Oilers
post #30666 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post

2mq3v5i.jpg


nerd.gif

Yeaaa good looks. This was the year i meant. 01. Cats conveniently forget about this savagery

Lakers tho...

Lakers tho...

post #30667 of 93193
That graphic is approximately half through the playoffs and only takes scoring into account.

Shaq finished averaging with a higher scoring average on a higher shooting percentage while being better in every major statistically category besides assists.
Aggies Spurs
Aggies Spurs
post #30668 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Friendly View Post

That graphic is approximately half through the playoffs and only takes scoring into account.

Shaq finished averaging with a higher scoring average on a higher shooting percentage while being better in every major statistically category besides assists.

 

 

basically. 

 

Shaq was even better in 01. 29 & 13 and again finished top 3 in mvp voting

post #30669 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty tony View Post

He is the 2nd option.

Bradley Beal leads the team in shots.
Are you srs?

A two to a real 1 ... Beal in no way shape or form better than wall right now and he certainly cannot carry a team. Let alone a n elite player.

Lmao your logics .. they are killing me.
post #30670 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keko Jones View Post

Are you srs?

A two to a real 1 ... Beal in no way shape or form better than wall right now and he certainly cannot carry a team. Let alone a n elite player.

Lmao your logics .. they are killing me.

I don't think you can read.

1st option =/= best player
post #30671 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Friendly View Post

That graphic is approximately half through the playoffs and only takes scoring into account.

Shaq finished averaging with a higher scoring average on a higher shooting percentage while being better in every major statistically category besides assists.

shaq averaged 1 more point than kobe

 

kobe had a better ft%, steals, assists. basically all the stats a guard should have

 

while shaq's stats reflected that of a post player, better rebounds, blocks and fg%

 

kobe had better stats vs the two strongest teams they faced (kings and spurs) while shaq took advantage of the weaker matchups

 

kobe had better averages during road games while shaq was better at home

 

shaq had more turnovers

 

 

so please take your nonsense elsewhere, we need to start talking about john wall 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

post #30672 of 93193
Curry the best player in the league. HANDS DOWN!
post #30673 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty tony View Post

I don't think you can read.

1st option =/= best player
so why say Beal is first option? You know that's not true .. regardless of how much more he shoots and that further emphasize my statement about Wall not being an eliet or franchise.


Your statement about Wall being the number 2 options is hilarious. But yeah I can't comprehend. Is cool ....
post #30674 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keko Jones View Post


so why say Beal is first option? You know that's not true .. regardless of how much more he shoots and that further emphasize my statement about Wall not being an eliet or franchise.


Your statement about Wall being the number 2 options is hilarious. But yeah I can't comprehend. Is cool ....

 

Because first option means FIRST OPTION ON OFFENSE. The offense is NOT designed for Wall to be the primary scorer. That is a fact.

 

All that other **** you're talking about  "elite or franchise" is null and void. And yeah...you can't comprehend...because in your mind best player = first option.

post #30675 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post

shaq averaged 1 more point than kobe

kobe had a better ft%, steals, assists. basically all the stats a guard should have

while shaq's stats reflected that of a post player, better rebounds, blocks and fg%

kobe had better stats vs the two strongest teams they faced (kings and spurs) while shaq took advantage of the weaker matchups

kobe had better averages during road games while shaq was better at home

shaq had more turnovers


so please take your nonsense elsewhere, we need to start talking about john wall 

But you can make the argument that Kobe was largely the beneficiary of teams focusing on and trying to control Shaq. He was clearly the focal point for the Lakers in that era. Don't think you can make that argument the other way around.
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
post #30676 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post

shaq averaged 1 more point than kobe

kobe had a better ft%, steals, assists. basically all the stats a guard should have

while shaq's stats reflected that of a post player, better rebounds, blocks and fg%

kobe had better stats vs the two strongest teams they faced (kings and spurs) while shaq took advantage of the weaker matchups

kobe had better averages during road games while shaq was better at home

shaq had more turnovers


so please take your nonsense elsewhere, we need to start talking about john wall 

But you can make the argument that Kobe was largely the beneficiary of teams focusing on and trying to control Shaq. He was clearly the focal point for the Lakers in that era. Don't think you can make that argument the other way around.
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
post #30677 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post

shaq averaged 1 more point than kobe

kobe had a better ft%, steals, assists. basically all the stats a guard should have

while shaq's stats reflected that of a post player, better rebounds, blocks and fg%

kobe had better stats vs the two strongest teams they faced (kings and spurs) while shaq took advantage of the weaker matchups

kobe had better averages during road games while shaq was better at home

shaq had more turnovers


so please take your nonsense elsewhere, we need to start talking about john wall 

But you can make the argument that Kobe was largely the beneficiary of teams focusing on and trying to control Shaq. He was clearly the focal point for the Lakers in that era. Don't think you can make that argument the other way around.
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
post #30678 of 93193
My bad for the triple post. Having some problems with NT right now. Won't even let me edit.
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
post #30679 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog1 View Post


But you can make the argument that Kobe was largely the beneficiary of teams focusing on and trying to control Shaq. He was clearly the focal point for the Lakers in that era. Don't think you can make that argument the other way around.

 

There's no point in even arguing this anymore.

 

Shaq is arguably the most dominant player at his position ever. For his generation...it's no argument at all. Rules were changed because of Shaq. It's not taking anything away from Kobe...it's just acknowledging the truth.

post #30680 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Collector 
How is posting about a basketball player in a basketball forum starting anything? I was told shut up and called a dope. I never get personal. I always attack to topic not the person. When dude told me to "go kill myself" the other day you said nothing. When guys talk about other men's "meat" you say nothing. What's the problem with me talking about my team and calling folk out on what they've said pertaining to basketball?

You have a member who gets tons of laughs in this thread now who's been banned several times. Once for threatening to kill other members via PM. Yet he's still here but I should be banned? The double standards are amazing really. Never change NT.
Bringing other people into a discussion about yourself is misguided, because he doesn't have anything to do with you (and neither does he, or him, or him, or anyone).

Second, you said yourself this other person has been banned multiple times, yet is still here. That's because whoever this person is obviously hasn't done anything we feel warrants an being IP ban and isn't on a 'ban on sight' status.

But I reiterate: that has nothing to do with you.

To answer your initial question, there are plenty of ways to mention an NBA player in an NBA thread but still be out of line.

Like I said earlier, we're done with this, because the thread isn't about you. You wanted to mention Wall, very few people wanted to discuss what you mentioned. You responses then moved to who doesn't like you and who is a meanie face and how unfair NT is.

If you have more concerns, PM me, PM someone else, keep them to yourself, or find another forum to fall in love with and join and then complain about their double standards.

"Ooooh, so you want me to just leave? Real cool, Mr. Mod."

Right? That's what you're thinking, right?

I gave 4 options, the same 4 options available to everyone on here. Literally everyone.

Me. manup. Mack52. Meth. rck. Van Ho. Chester. CP.

Literally everyone.
4L 8O 15S16 T23 !42
L. A. A N G E L S, L. A. L A K E R S, U K W I L D C A T S, L. A. R A M S, L. A. S P A R K S.
"This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs...
4L 8O 15S16 T23 !42
L. A. A N G E L S, L. A. L A K E R S, U K W I L D C A T S, L. A. R A M S, L. A. S P A R K S.
"This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs...
post #30681 of 93193
@DarthSka Very few wanted to discuss what I mentioned and yet Wall is still being discussed. It's the most talked about topic today but NO ONE WANTED TO DISCUSS WALL you say.

You allow folks to take personal shots at me all the time and say nothing. Can you quote 1 post of mine where I've done the same? I always stay on topic.

Go into the Foamposite thread and ask Big J (another mod) who sneaker Jesus is. He's been banned repeatedly and comes back everytime. If threatening to kill is allowed I don't want to hear a word about what I post. It's not my fault you can't keep up with the members of the thread you police.

BTW you be in the NFL thread to. Where were you when dude was posting go kill yourself? What did you say to him? Not a damn thing. You allow folks to cross the line and when I say something you wanna police me. DMX said something. He did his job. WHERE WERE YOU?
Edited by The Collector - 12/13/15 at 5:15pm
post #30682 of 93193
nerd.gifnerd.gif

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

post #30683 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog1 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post

shaq averaged 1 more point than kobe

kobe had a better ft%, steals, assists. basically all the stats a guard should have

while shaq's stats reflected that of a post player, better rebounds, blocks and fg%

kobe had better stats vs the two strongest teams they faced (kings and spurs) while shaq took advantage of the weaker matchups

kobe had better averages during road games while shaq was better at home

shaq had more turnovers


so please take your nonsense elsewhere, we need to start talking about john wall 

But you can make the argument that Kobe was largely the beneficiary of teams focusing on and trying to control Shaq. He was clearly the focal point for the Lakers in that era. Don't think you can make that argument the other way around.

while this is true, it does work both ways. shaq benefited from kobe's playmaking and as a (highly skilled) low post player with no range he had to rely on his teammates to get the ball to him in a position to score more so than kobe (although it should be noted that shaq was excellent at getting into scoring position). at the end of the day the opposing team's best wing defender(s) are going to be trying to check kobe, its not like anyone is going to double off kobe. shaq is clearly the focal point for the us in that era but for that year and that playoff run they were by all accounts, equals. I dont have the stats but I'm pretty sure shaq was assisted on a higher % of shots than kobe was. 

 

at the end of the day they were and still are the most dominant 1-2 punch ever :hat

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

post #30684 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post

2mq3v5i.jpg
People act like Kobe was out there avg 15 and 6

nerd.gif
post #30685 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willchamberlain View Post

He needs a better 1st option then.

IG: Romcadoo

 

Tumblr: b0b-photography

 

#teamwhitesocksonly nthat.gif 

IG: Romcadoo

 

Tumblr: b0b-photography

 

#teamwhitesocksonly nthat.gif 

post #30686 of 93193
Wade byke?
post #30687 of 93193

:rollin@ the grizzlies

post #30688 of 93193

We stil doing the sucking...

 

 

Dragic for Chalmers straight up, forget salaries

"WHO WILL SURVIVE IN AMERICA" ~ Gil Scott

"WHO WILL SURVIVE IN AMERICA" ~ Gil Scott

post #30689 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlDirtyReseller View Post
 

We stil doing the sucking...

 

 

Dragic for Chalmers straight up, forget salaries

 

It's like people forgot Goran existed.

 

If that were ANY other supposed top PG that just fell off like that...we wouldn't hear the end of it.

post #30690 of 93193
Point of the matter is, Shaq dominated the Finals matchup due to the more inferior eastern teams. Take a look at Playoff averages for both players and that gives you a better picture. Shaq didn't carry Kobe. Kobe didn't carry Shaq. They worked together all throughout the threepeat.

During their destruction of the Spurs in 2001, the media, announcers, and even Shaq himself declared Kobe the best player in the game.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
This thread is locked  
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke