NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke - Page 1032  

post #30931 of 93193


I'm waiting foe the NBA to scrub this form the internet. It looks bad, Kenndey gave him several outs, tried to seperate himself hit em with a tech, and rondo came all the way across the court to hit em with the F bomb. mean.giflaugh.gif


This dude Rondo is an idiot. laugh.gif
Instagram. | just my art and photography. #NT will follow back. Also Flickr.
Instagram. | just my art and photography. #NT will follow back. Also Flickr.
post #30932 of 93193
@boogiecousins: #NBAVote Rajon Rondo

welp.

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

post #30933 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise50 View Post

Not that but if you can't see the basic difference b/t a black to black and white to black then idk what to say. Not trying to derail but it's just not the same. I'll even say I don't like the word period but as a black man I'll be more offended if a white person said it then if a black person did.

Black person wasn't whipping my great great grandfather *** and calling him a "*****" or telling my mother she had to pick her food up from the back door laugh.gifmean.gif


Moving along though

I'm black too and I hate it just as much when black people use it way too much as well compared to when other races use it. That doesn't mean I don't understand the difference, though. laugh.gif . Friends that know their friends are not gay will jokingly call their friends gay slurs. Just like friends will call each other racial slurs jokingly or use a racial term jokingly with each other. But, you're not going to use that term against people who you know will offend them. That's all I'm saying in regards to the Rondo situation. I guarantee you that's not the first time Rondo or any NBA player used a gay slur among their peers.

That's all I'm saying.
post #30934 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP1708 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by erupt107th View Post

I already countered CP's claim that the series, or at least a specific game, did not have any bad (suspicious) calls in favor of the Lakers which was a deciding factor in who won that series.

Someone can find that and post it so we can move on with the thread.

Now counter game 5 and food poisoning letting you guys get your 3 wins.

I'm not a kings fan. I hate them more than you do laugh.gif

Post your Thoughts on Game 5 and if I disagree then I will counter them.
post #30935 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhzmafia14 View Post


I'm black too and I hate it just as much when black people use it way too much as well compared to when other races use it. That doesn't mean I don't understand the difference, though. laugh.gif . Friends that know their friends are not gay will jokingly call their friends gay slurs. Just like friends will call each other racial slurs jokingly or use a racial term jokingly with each other. But, you're not going to use that term against people who you know will offend them. That's all I'm saying in regards to the Rondo situation. I guarantee you that's not the first time Rondo or any NBA player used a gay slur among their peers.

That's all I'm saying.

Yo that's not really the same though.  Gay people do call each other the "F" word from time to time.  What you're talking about is the equivalent of white people using the "N" word to insult each other which is far from okay and definitely only done by racist people.

post #30936 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100027 View Post

Yo that's not really the same though.  Gay people do call each other the "F" word from time to time.  What you're talking about is the equivalent of white people using the "N" word to insult each other which is far from okay and definitely only done by racist people.

No...simple text is below

Point A) black people will call other blacks the N word. No harm done. (whether friends or whatever)

Point A) gay people will call other gay people the F word. No harm done. (whether friends or whatever)

then you have...

Point B) another race calls a black person the N word (harm done)

Point B) a heterosexual calls a homosexual the F word (harm done)

that's what I'm saying. simple as that. this is how its viewed among the media today. i'm not saying a gay person being called the F word is just as bad as a white person calling a black person the N word or anything. its up to YOU as an individual to figure out in terms of what you consider is the worst. what i am saying is that there's a reason why rondo should've got more games if he knew bill kennedy was a homosexual.

either way it goes, its silly to use words KNOWINGLY that you will offend the other person whether by race or by sexuality.
post #30937 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh View Post



I'm waiting foe the NBA to scrub this form the internet. It looks bad, Kenndey gave him several outs, tried to seperate himself hit em with a tech, and rondo came all the way across the court to hit em with the F bomb. mean.giflaugh.gif


This dude Rondo is an idiot. laugh.gif

Rajon Rondo got off very very light

 

 

like Roger Goodell light :rollin

Hello darkness, my old friend - Kings fan

We are Tottenham, From the Lane...

USA Ain't Nothin' To Asterisk With 

My biography, as told by Grandtheftbike

Hello darkness, my old friend - Kings fan

We are Tottenham, From the Lane...

USA Ain't Nothin' To Asterisk With 

My biography, as told by Grandtheftbike

post #30938 of 93193
Tbh Noah walking off dropping f bombs at everyone he can see is just as bad if not worse than what rondo did

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

post #30939 of 93193
i think bHZ us saying the obvious that people don‘t want to admit. they slaughtered rondo for this particular slur, yet there are countless amounts of vulgar language, derogatory, between passed on the court.

what bhz is getting at, is why must the league picks and chooses particular vocabulary and not others? what makes a particular word more or less acceptable than the others?
post #30940 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhzmafia14 View Post


No...simple text is below

Point A) black people will call other blacks the N word. No harm done. (whether friends or whatever)

Point A) gay people will call other gay people the F word. No harm done. (whether friends or whatever)

then you have...

Point B) another race calls a black person the N word (harm done)

Point B) a heterosexual calls a homosexual the F word (harm done)

that's what I'm saying. simple as that. this is how its viewed among the media today. i'm not saying being a gay person being called the F word is just as bad as a white person calling a black person the N word or anything. its up to YOU as an individual to figure out in terms of what you consider is the worst. what i am saying is that there's a reason why rondo should've got more games if he knew bill kennedy was a homosexual.

either way it goes, its silly to use words KNOWINGLY that you will offend the other person whether by race or by sexuality.

Nah, you left out

 

Point Ca) a heterosexual calls a heterosexual the F word

Point Cb) another race calls a non-black person the N word

 

Point Ca being what Rondo did.

post #30941 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Route View Post

i think bHZ us saying the obvious that people don‘t want to admit. they slaughtered rondo for this particular slur, yet there are countless amounts of vulgar language, derogatory, between passed on the court.

what bhz is getting at, is why must the league picks and chooses particular vocabulary and not others? what makes a particular word more or less acceptable than the others?

thank you.

the same can go for people throwing the "B word" out there among each othters. But, let a NBA player call a woman assistant coach or ref that and see what happens to his image.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100027 View Post

Nah, you left out

Point Ca) a heterosexual calls a heterosexual the F word
Point Cb) another race calls a non-black person the N word

Point Ca being what Rondo did.

I did leave those those out laugh.gif thank you. But, I don't consider what Rondo did to be Ca because this entire thing started with Rondo KNOWING Kennedy was homosexual or at least this is the perception. Maybe he truly didn't know, but we all can believe what we want. If I knew, I'm pretty damn sure someone who is in the NBA for multiple years knew.
post #30942 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Route View Post

i think bHZ us saying the obvious that people don‘t want to admit. they slaughtered rondo for this particular slur, yet there are countless amounts of vulgar language, derogatory, between passed on the court.

what bhz is getting at, is why must the league picks and chooses particular vocabulary and not others? what makes a particular word more or less acceptable than the others?

The unwritten language contexts that we all accept as part of society and live with in our daily lives.  It's really not that complicated.

post #30943 of 93193
Kennedy didnt need to use this scenario to declare himself.

If Adrian Worj was the first to know this, that dude was clearly trying to ask and incite a particular response.
post #30944 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Route View Post

Kennedy didnt need to use this scenario to declare himself.

If Adrian Worj was the first to know this, that dude was clearly trying to ask and incite a particular response.
so you do have sense sometimes huh...
post #30945 of 93193
Quote:
Nah, you left out

Point Ca) a heterosexual calls a heterosexual the F word
Point Cb) another race calls a non-black person the N word

Point Ca being what Rondo did.

Dude, have you been living under a rock today? He's not heterosexual. It wasn't Ca at all.

Doc directed the same slur at him in the 2009 Bulls-Celtics series. Kennedy hadn't yet come out publicly, but it wasn't much of a secret in NBA circles. Rondo 100% knew what he was doing.
post #30946 of 93193
Adam.Silver is sketchy too. Reminds me of Mr.Burns and Smithers.
post #30947 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Route View Post

Adam.Silver is sketchy too. Reminds me of Mr.Burns and Smithers.

im about 75% sure silver's a switch hitter... doesn't surprise me on the rondo punishment
post #30948 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD617 View Post

Dude, have you been living under a rock today? He's not heterosexual. It wasn't Ca at all.

Doc directed the same slur at him in the 2009 Bulls-Celtics series. Kennedy hadn't yet come out publicly, but it wasn't much of a secret in NBA circles. Rondo 100% knew what he was doing.

roll.gif I didn't realize he was referring to Bill as being heterosexual, not knowing he came out stating he's homosexual. I thought he meant how Rondo viewed Bill Kennedy and didn't know he was homosexual.
post #30949 of 93193
Either way, I think it's almost impossible that Rondo didn't know.
post #30950 of 93193
Sixers trying to bring back Elton Brand and/or Shane Battier to serve as role models to the players on the team.


Something is going on in the front office between Hinkie and Jerry. I can feel it
post #30951 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos View Post

This is true. It was another shot that playoffs. I think Hornets Magic series that went in but didn't count as well. But they started reviewing buzzer beater baskets the next season if I'm not mistaken.

That said Sacramento had every opportunity to win that series. The samaki walker shot is what it is. But when you blow a 24 point lead with a chance to take a commanding 3-1 lead, you set yourself up for that.

Besides everyone still to this day has selective memory and selective outrage brining up game 6. Game 5 was a much bigger travesty. Considering game 5 is a series changing game in a 2-2 series. Between Shaq fouling out on those Ticky tack flop calls to fisher getting blatantly thrown out the way by Chris Webber so Bibby could be wide open on his game winner the Kobe getting totally hacked on the last shot of the game. Game 5 was a joke. That Sacramento team was mentally weak. They would've got washed in LA in game 6 down 3-2. Anyhow when you shoot 16-30 from the free throw line in a game 7 with the finals on the line at home, manage to go to overtime and still lose. You deserve to lose. No excuses whatsoever.

Anyhow I can't believe that series was 13 and a half years ago. Time flies.
THANK YOU. People love to hate on the Lakers for game 6 yet completely ignore the no calls on Fisher and Kobe and the weak *** foul calls on Shaq. Imagine if it went the other way. Imagine if Bibby got hacked on the potential game winning shot? The outrage would've been huge. Yet because it happens to the Lakers, people love to overlook that. Refs didn't make the Kings completely choke on game 7 with those air balls.
post #30952 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennistrane View Post

Sixers trying to bring back Elton Brand and/or Shane Battier to serve as role models to the players on the team.


Something is going on in the front office between Hinkie and Jerry. I can feel it

They can have Vince Carter. He's been a great role model here. Just give us Robert Covington.
post #30953 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhzmafia14 View Post


roll.gif I didn't realize he was referring to Bill as being heterosexual, not knowing he came out stating he's homosexual. I thought he meant how Rondo viewed Bill Kennedy and didn't know he was homosexual.

That's what I meant, that's the point I thought you were making.  Your comment clarifies though.

 

Though watching the video and reading more background I feel like Rondo must have known, like you said.  

post #30954 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhzmafia14 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennistrane View Post

Sixers trying to bring back Elton Brand and/or Shane Battier to serve as role models to the players on the team.


Something is going on in the front office between Hinkie and Jerry. I can feel it

They can have Vince Carter. He's been a great role model here. Just give us Robert Covington.

I'll take Noel and Embiid for Caron Butler

Hello darkness, my old friend - Kings fan

We are Tottenham, From the Lane...

USA Ain't Nothin' To Asterisk With 

My biography, as told by Grandtheftbike

Hello darkness, my old friend - Kings fan

We are Tottenham, From the Lane...

USA Ain't Nothin' To Asterisk With 

My biography, as told by Grandtheftbike

post #30955 of 93193
Aaron McKie.. Aaron McKie..

The sixers never produced any role models except for maybe Stackhouse or the infamous Allen Iverson.

You dont need a player to be a role model. You just need the coach to get these guys on the same page. This ain‘t infernal affairs or the departed where you plant a spy amongst the team.
post #30956 of 93193
This probably has no real truth to it, but...

Zbo + Clee for Terrence Ross + Patrick Patterson + Bismack Biyombo.

http://en.yibada.com/articles/94597/20151213/nba-trade-rumors-zach-randolph-toronto-raptors-playoff-toughness-power.htm

I'll take it.
post #30957 of 93193
look at this weak "apology"

@RajonRondo: My actions during the game were out of frustration and emotion, period! They absolutely do not reflect my feelings toward the LGBT community. I did not mean to offend or disrespect anyone.

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

post #30958 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmaz96 View Post

look at this weak "apology"

@RajonRondo: My actions during the game were out of frustration and emotion, period! They absolutely do not reflect my feelings toward the LGBT community. I did not mean to offend or disrespect anyone.

what do you want him to do instead
post #30959 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhzmafia14 View Post

This probably has no real truth to it, but...

Zbo + Clee for Terrence Ross + Patrick Patterson + Bismack Biyombo.

http://en.yibada.com/articles/94597/20151213/nba-trade-rumors-zach-randolph-toronto-raptors-playoff-toughness-power.htm

I'll take it.

Honestly could see that helping both teams. Change of scenery might perk Z-Bo up a bit and the Raps definitely could use some more low post scoring.

And bringing Patterson and Biyombo in would let the Grizz play a bit faster without losing much.
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
post #30960 of 93193
Being a transgender herself Rajon will be fine with that apology
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
This thread is locked  
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke