NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke - Page 1129  

post #33841 of 93193
I want my superstars buckets to be assisted lol
post #33842 of 93193
kawhi moving without the ball and putting himself in easy position smokin.gif
most of the time kawhi is getting the ball in the post and just flipping it in
Edited by DMan14 - 12/22/15 at 11:44am
post #33843 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeking2102 View Post

For perspective,


38% of Kawhi's scoring is unassisted. 

57% of Paul George's scoring is unassisted.

To take it a step further, 62% of Kawhi's buckets are assisted. For comparison, only 43% of Paul George's buckets are assisted.

This isn't a knock on Kawhi, but when you say KL > PG this has to be accounted for, especially when the responsibilities for both players are so drastically different.

Every year, the Spurs have a guy emerge in some way. This has been for like a decade. No shot to Kwahi because his development isn't mutually exclusive to the Spurs enabling guys at an elite rate. But you have to account for the fact he plays on the Spurs. Guys gotta get off the gas a tad and let Kwahi put in a season or two of full time #1 option work first
post #33844 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMan14 View Post

kawhi moving without the ball and Poppogawd putting players himself in easy position smokin.gif
post #33845 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by atransta View Post
 

 

PG13 is better than KL IMO but not by much.

 

 

 

Depending on how you interpret the way they play, the teams they play for, etc. it's a nice margin of difference.

 

Kawhi is blistering hot from 3, but 94% of all his 3 point makes are assisted. 94 PERCENT. 

 

So it's nice to say that KL is better than PG, but really to do is to ignore a VAST difference in responsibility for both players. 

 

I don't think KL can make plays for himself and others at an efficient rate, but regardless the fact that he doesn't right now should be taken into account when comparing the two players

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

post #33846 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconation24 View Post

I want my superstars buckets to be assisted lol

 

Right. 

 

It isn't a bad thing at all to score a lot off of assist. It really isn't. It's the mark of a great team in which the offense is working for you.

 

But to ignore that fact when comparing KL and PG is just flat out wrong. He still is just finishing plays instead of creating them and that's fine for the spurs but it hurts him when comparing him to other elite talents.

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

post #33847 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeking2102 View Post
 

 

Depending on how you interpret the way they play, the teams they play for, etc. it's a nice margin of difference.

 

Kawhi is blistering hot from 3, but 94% of all his 3 point makes are assisted. 94 PERCENT. 

 

So it's nice to say that KL is better than PG, but really to do is to ignore a VAST difference in responsibility for both players. 

 

I don't think KL can make plays for himself and others at an efficient rate, but regardless the fact that he doesn't right now should be taken into account when comparing the two players

 

I like the stats you are dropping and yup I agree PG has to do a lot more than KL which is why PG is better to me

Oklahoma City Thunder/ Real Madrid/ Baltimore Ravens/ Jose Aldo Jr.
Oklahoma City Thunder/ Real Madrid/ Baltimore Ravens/ Jose Aldo Jr.
post #33848 of 93193

Kawhi already has more Final's MVP's and DPOY than Scottie 8o

post #33849 of 93193
[/quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconation24 View Post

I want my superstars buckets to be assisted lol

The game is changing a bit, so I'm not as set on this theory as I have , but:

When you play against contenders, teams are not going to let superstars get assisted buckets. Teams like the Spurs ways to exploit your team's weakness. and in general, guys are not about to let a superstars get assisted buckets when push comes to shove.

Curry might be an exception, but he's dangerous because he can also destroy off the bounce and they have guys helping facilitate/assist from unconventional positions.
post #33850 of 93193
lol Kawhi still has a ways to go as a playmaker. Extremely nitpicky because he literally does everything else well, but that is the last remaining hole in his game.
  
  
post #33851 of 93193
All my posts will be met with claims of bias but you know where Istand in this.

San Antonio Spurs: MCMXCIX, MMIII, MMV, MMVII, MMXIV


I Never Cried When _____ Died, But I Definitely Will When Hov Does

San Antonio Spurs: MCMXCIX, MMIII, MMV, MMVII, MMXIV


I Never Cried When _____ Died, But I Definitely Will When Hov Does

post #33852 of 93193

its a matter of preference and we might be splitting hairs here but give me Kawhi

post #33853 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by pums View Post
 

its a matter of preference and we might be splitting hairs here but give me Kawhi

 

I really don't think it's hair splitting when the differences between the two are that drastic as far as responsibility is concerned. 

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

post #33854 of 93193

For team USA purposes 

LeBron KD PG Kawhi and Dray should get there before Melo

post #33855 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeking2102 View Post

Depending on how you interpret the way they play, the teams they play for, etc. it's a nice margin of difference.

Kawhi is blistering hot from 3, but 94% of all his 3 point makes are assisted. 94 PERCENT. 

So it's nice to say that KL is better than PG, but really to do is to ignore a VAST difference in responsibility for both players. 

I don't think KL can make plays for himself and others at an efficient rate, but regardless the fact that he doesn't right now should be taken into account when comparing the two players

Quote:
Originally Posted by atransta View Post

I like the stats you are dropping

Yeah, bro. You really gotta get on that blog or podcast.
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
post #33856 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeking2102 View Post
 

 

I really don't think it's hair splitting when the differences between the two are that drastic as far as responsibility is concerned. 

I think its splitting hairs cause they each have a strength/skill over the other which may be more beneficial on a team to team basis Kawhi has superior spot up shooting possible GOAT perimeter D while PG is better at creating his own shot and handling in the P&R it's what your team needs basically

post #33857 of 93193
Ya great posts in here from several of y'all. Kwahi and pg13 are both great swingman type players. Were a George hill away from seeing both on the same team embarassed.gif
post #33858 of 93193
new posts tab is gone again?? mean.gif

Kawhii over PG all day, yes PG may be a better scorer...but no one in the league can touch Kawhiis perimeter and all around defense. few can match his athleticism.

can't wait for spurs vs warriors
either you step up or you step off.
either you step up or you step off.
post #33859 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconation24 View Post

Ya great posts in here from several of y'all. Kwahi and pg13 are both great swingman type players. Were a George hill away from seeing both on the same team embarassed.gif

Chip Engelland prolly had a huge impact on  Kawhi 

post #33860 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by pums View Post

I think its splitting hairs cause they each have a strength/skill over the other which may be more beneficial on a team to team basis Kawhi has superior spot up shooting possible GOAT perimeter D while PG is better at creating his own shot and handling in the P&R it's what your team needs basically

Thats the thing though, everything KL does "better" than PG could be argued that its that way because of the team he plays for.

Does KL shoot better than PG and defend at such an elite level if he was tasked with scoring 25ppg a night and creating off the bounce for himself and others?

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

post #33861 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeking2102 View Post


Thats the thing though, everything KL does "better" than PG could be argued that its that way because of the team he plays for.

Does KL shoot better than PG and defend at such an elite level if he was tasked with scoring 25ppg a night and creating off the bounce for himself and others?

My thing is Kawhi's defense is historically good just of my eye test and even when PG locks down and i'm pretty sure he has to for streches and closing out games its great but it is not Kawhi great and i agree with that you can never really have an exact comparison cause even if you look at all the stats on who is the better , more efficient shooter context matters those looks just aren't gonna be the same

post #33862 of 93193
man i've seen kawhi make bron catch feelings and stomp his feet. and when they played last year, kawhi was abusing bron like the ginger step child

Lakers tho...

Lakers tho...

post #33863 of 93193

 

Never forget

post #33864 of 93193
but for reals... my man draymond gotta be in the discussion as well nerd.gif
post #33865 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by pums View Post




Never forget

smokin.gif

My first time seeing that.... sick.gif
post #33866 of 93193
Jimmy went from quiet hard worker to overly outspoken star laugh.gif

All that Taylor Swift got him letting off shots at everyone
post #33867 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballkid11 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by pums View Post




Never forget

smokin.gif

My first time seeing that.... sick.gif

Beta
post #33868 of 93193
I'm not certain I've see anyone ask the question: What would be the outcome of having Kwahi/PG swapping teams? I think the outcome would be in PG's favor
post #33869 of 93193

:hat

 

Kobe 8 System :  The Man, The Myth, The Manigault
Kobe 8 System :  The Man, The Myth, The Manigault
post #33870 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeze View Post

man i've seen kawhi make bron catch feelings and stomp his feet. and when they played last year, kawhi was abusing bron like the ginger step child

step child?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
This thread is locked  
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke