NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke - Page 1210  

post #36271 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeking2102 View Post


Stats aren't everything. That is true.

But neither is what you see.

You say Draymond is a WAY better defender and a better passer. What if I disagree? Is my eyesight wrong there or something laugh.gif?

This is where the actual numbers come into play. It supports or doesnt support what you actually see because sometimes (not all cases) what you see isnt reality. This year alone I've seen blake check everyone from Reggie Jackson to AD to PG and KD and from my vantage point he was fantastic. From my eyesight it also appears that blake is better than draymond at shooting everywhere on the floor but the three point line. Right or wrong, but thats what I see. So now from what I've seen I think draymond isnt that much of a better defender than blake. See how easy it is to construct an opinion based on what I see?

You trust your eyesight 100% And dismiss the actual facts. I use both to come to a conlusion that I think is sound. Sorry you dont understand that

if you want to go by eye sight and both stats. dray is a way better defender. when blake finishes top 3 on the defensive player of the year list let me know. dont be such a homer,  be realistic. 

post #36272 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiengambino View Post


Kawhi only developed that mid range game in the last two years, just right now he's finally fully developed in that department
He wasn't doing what you said until his first Finals when they lost against the Heat
The growth of Leonard has been interesting
He doesn't have great handles, his form isn't perfect, yet he just can flat out score now
I'm sure Pop wasn't even expecting this

That's how good he's gotten in such short amount of times. 

He's a basic scorer, "I can't cross you over but i'm gonna take you to my sweet spots and just score on you."

 

Plus it helps that his hands are huge and arms are long and his hang time are long. 

**Pause**

post #36273 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willchamberlain View Post

If john wall or draymond are your best players u will pat yourself on the back for having 2nd round appearances. Wall being the best player will have the same results of cp3 being the best player

Still doesn't explain why you think Green is better at what he does then Wall. You blame Wall for not being able to win a title averaging 20 and 10 as a top defensive PG. Winning a title takes more then just your star player. If your not willing to factor in the team they play for then by your logic there are no star players. Curry wouldn't have won without Klay, Green etc. LeBron wouldn't have won without Wade, Bosh, Ray.
post #36274 of 93193
Who is the face of the clippers, cp3 or blake?

who is the face or the franchise of each team? Let's see if there is a pattern here.

is this person always the best player?

the the team captain title mean anything besides being the one that goes to takes pix with the little kids before tip off?

Lakers tho...

Lakers tho...

post #36275 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog1 View Post

Draymond is GOAT. Its obvious. MJ is a fraud.

magic 2.0

post #36276 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersman3000 View Post

if you want to go by eye sight and both stats. dray is a way better defender. when blake finishes top 3 on the defensive player of the year list let me know. dont be such a homer,  be realistic. 

Im not being realistic?

What roll.gif bro I'm using actual facts man it dont get more realistic than that. This has nothing to do with being a homer.

How can Draymond be a way better defender than blake if players shoot abt the same % against blake as they do draymond? How sway?

You ignoring the facts of this actually the unrealistic part of all of this b

Draymond is a very good, versatile defender thats on a great defensive team which is why he finished top 3 in DPoy. That has nothing to do with this here though

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

post #36277 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Collector View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willchamberlain View Post

If john wall or draymond are your best players u will pat yourself on the back for having 2nd round appearances. Wall being the best player will have the same results of cp3 being the best player

Still doesn't explain why you think Green is better at what he does then Wall. You blame Wall for not being able to win a title averaging 20 and 10 as a top defensive PG. Winning a title takes more then just your star player. If your not willing to factor in the team they play for then by your logic there are no star players. Curry wouldn't have won without Klay, Green etc. LeBron wouldn't have won without Wade, Bosh, Ray.

regardless of everything else...this is actual fact.

and top 10 chalmers.

Lakers tho...

Lakers tho...

post #36278 of 93193
John Wall went #1 and he's been Meh
post #36279 of 93193
If dirk had wall instead of jet terry he would've got swept by miami
Outta this world jupitar jack
Outta this world jupitar jack
post #36280 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlDirtyReseller View Post


laugh.gif
Lookin to get a discover card? Contact me and sign up under me and $100 FREE when you get approved. GET 10-15% cashback on NDC FNL FTL, etc etc
Lookin to get a discover card? Contact me and sign up under me and $100 FREE when you get approved. GET 10-15% cashback on NDC FNL FTL, etc etc
post #36281 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeking2102 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersman3000 View Post

hes a better defender. dont give me stats, you are the worst when it comes to try and drop stats to prove a point. stats arent everything .

  dray is a way better defender and its not close. . can defend almost anyone one on one ,
 dray is also the better passer. blake is a better scorer, dray a better shooter.  

dray is not a number one option, yes we know that. 
 i would say dray plays his role and is better at his role then blake is at his. id rather have draymond and find a first option for him to play with and be robin then have blake as my batman ...... 

Stats aren't everything. That is true.

But neither is what you see.

You say Draymond is a WAY better defender and a better passer. What if I disagree? Is my eyesight wrong there or something laugh.gif?

This is where the actual numbers come into play. It supports or doesnt support what you actually see because sometimes (not all cases) what you see isnt reality. This year alone I've seen blake check everyone from Reggie Jackson to AD to PG and KD and from my vantage point he was fantastic. From my eyesight it also appears that blake is better than draymond at shooting everywhere on the floor but the three point line. Right or wrong, but thats what I see. So now from what I've seen I think draymond isnt that much of a better defender than blake. See how easy it is to construct an opinion based on what I see?

You trust your eyesight 100% And dismiss the actual facts. I use both to come to a conlusion that I think is sound. Sorry you dont understand that

although i agree with you that blake is better than dray, i think it's a lot closer than you think. blake is hella underrated defensively but i don't think he's as versatile or as imposing as a defender than green. he also don't protect the rim as well as green. they might have a similar assist rate but green is pretty much a point forward, something i don't think blake can do in a consistent basis. blake is also a vastly underrated play-maker. we don't really have to bring up offense since blake's clearly superior. but the intangibles and leadership, green>>>>>>>>>blake. green is the type of player, you have no worries when you going to war, while blake is a player you love to have during a pick up game.
post #36282 of 93193
@Willchamberlain That's your response? You can't come up with one logical reason why Green is better at what he does then Wall?

I get it now. Your just a hater. Cool.
post #36283 of 93193
B Knight isn't going to be able to turn up without Bledsoe.
Part of his allure was E.Bled taking a lot of pressure off of him.

"I apologize, turns out it was not the Thunder's year.  I wish they hadn't played the games"

 

 

"I apologize, turns out it was not the Thunder's year.  I wish they hadn't played the games"

 

 

post #36284 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog1 View Post

Draymond is GOAT. Its obvious. MJ is a fraud.

You are too early for an april fool joke dude wink.gif
post #36285 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeking2102 View Post


Im not being realistic?

What roll.gif bro I'm using actual facts man it dont get more realistic than that. This has nothing to do with being a homer.

How can Draymond be a way better defender than blake if players shoot abt the same % against blake as they do draymond? How sway?

You ignoring the facts of this actually the unrealistic part of all of this b

Draymond is a very good, versatile defender thats on a great defensive team which is why he finished top 3 in DPoy. That has nothing to do with this here though

you forgot about steals and blocks

 

 

0.9 steals  0.5 blocks per game...blake 

 

draymond - 1.6 steals , 1.3 blocks per game. 

 

 

thats the samething:rollin. i know how much you like blake but get real my dude. 

post #36286 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by friscostylez View Post


although i agree with you that blake is better than dray, i think it's a lot closer than you think. blake is hella underrated defensively but i don't think he's as versatile or as imposing as a defender than green. he also don't protect the rim as well as green. they might have a similar assist rate but green is pretty much a point forward, something i don't think blake can do in a consistent basis. blake is also a vastly underrated play-maker. we don't really have to bring up offense since blake's clearly superior. but the intangibles and leadership, green>>>>>>>>>blake. green is the type of player, you have no worries when you going to war, while blake is a player you love to have during a pick up game.

 

Listen, I am not saying that Blake is WAY better than Draymond. I in fact said that the comparison was hard to make because they aren't tasked with severely different roles for their teams.

 

That being said, I already said that Draymond is a better defender than Blake but I really don't think it's by that much. Dray is a better rim protector. I agree with that. But this whole "Dray is a WAY better defender than blake" is a product of reputation and not fact. 

 

We all to a degree see what we want. Prime example is you just said Dray is pretty much a point forward. Well half the time I watch the Clips Blake is out there being a point forward. That's where the numbers come into play. And I'll give you the intangibles. We can't really measure that but I agree with that sentiment. 

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

post #36287 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog1 View Post

Draymond is GOAT. Its obvious. MJ is a fraud.

Draymond wouldn‘t survive on his own. He knows it.
post #36288 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersman3000 View Post
 

you forgot about steals and blocks

 

 

0.9 steals  0.5 blocks per game...blake 

 

draymond - 1.6 steals , 1.3 blocks per game. 

 

 

thats the samething:rollin. i know how much you like blake but get real my dude. 

 

Here's why you don't use "steals" and "Blocks" to measure defense and why I never brought those numbers up. They are not the same.

 

They lie.

 

DJ blocks a ton of shots, he isn't a great defender.

 

Allen Iverson stole the ball a ton, he wasn't a good defender. CP is #7 in the league right now in steals, but opponents are shooting almost 50% against him this year. He hasn't been good defensively despite his steals numbers. 

 

So to circumvent those surface numbers, we dig deeper. The reason why Dray is a better rim protector than Blake is because opponents score half the time at the rim against Dray, but over 60% of the time with blake at the rim. Not because Dray "blocks more shots." 

 

"Get Real" with that. 

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

post #36289 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeze View Post

regardless of everything else...this is actual fact.

and top 10 chalmers.

Basketball was, is and will remain a team sport. No matter how great or dominant you are, one Superstar player cannot win a championship. They might explode to dominate in a few games to win but in the finals you simply cannot take the whole load to win. Your teammates must know their roles, play tough defense and create offensive plays. Even players like chamberlain or jordan could not win with a bunch of average players. A really good coach is usually also required to have the team working well.
post #36290 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2 View Post


Basketball was, is and will remain a team sport. No matter how great or dominant you are, one Superstar player cannot win a championship. They might explode to dominate in a few games to win but in the finals you simply cannot take the whole load to win. Your teammates must know their roles, play tough defense and create offensive plays. Even players like chamberlain or jordan could not win with a bunch of average players. A really good coach is usually also required to have the team working well.

 

Blame MJ for making people believe that having the best player = championship

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

post #36291 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeking2102 View Post

Blame MJ for making people believe that having the best player = championship
LA Dodgers, Anaheim Angels, Anaheim Ducks, LA Galaxy, Minnesota TImberwolves, Carolina Panthers smokin.gif

Follow me on Twitter @therantingazn
LA Dodgers, Anaheim Angels, Anaheim Ducks, LA Galaxy, Minnesota TImberwolves, Carolina Panthers smokin.gif

Follow me on Twitter @therantingazn
post #36292 of 93193
But when u don't win we blame the stars. Except with me Ron it was always he needs more help, but everyone else we blame the stars. They get praised when they win, blamed when they lose. No one ever said the Lakers can't win without shaq, it was Kobe. They say Barkley didn't win any rings, not the teams he were on vice versa.
Outta this world jupitar jack
Outta this world jupitar jack
post #36293 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2 View Post

Basketball was, is and will remain a team sport. No matter how great or dominant you are, one Superstar player cannot win a championship. They might explode to dominate in a few games to win but in the finals you simply cannot take the whole load to win. Your teammates must know their roles, play tough defense and create offensive plays. Even players like chamberlain or jordan could not win with a bunch of average players. A really good coach is usually also required to have the team working well.

Not sure about the infatuation of Draymond.
post #36294 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeking2102 View Post

Listen, I am not saying that Blake is WAY better than Draymond. I in fact said that the comparison was hard to make because they aren't tasked with severely different roles for their teams.

That being said, I already said that Draymond is a better defender than Blake but I really don't think it's by that much. Dray is a better rim protector. I agree with that. But this whole "Dray is a WAY better defender than blake" is a product of reputation and not fact. 

We all to a degree see what we want. Prime example is you just said Dray is pretty much a point forward. Well half the time I watch the Clips Blake is out there being a point forward. That's where the numbers come into play. And I'll give you the intangibles. We can't really measure that but I agree with that sentiment. 

famb no need to get fiesty with me lol and i didn't say you said blake is way better but you did said "Everything else Blake is better than draymond at." and like i said it's a lot closer than what you think and your statement shouldn't be an easy one to make. that's all G. clearly, i haven't watched as many clippers games as you to debate the point forward claim but i did witness it for smalllllll portion in the past. but as a point forward, im still taking money green setting up my offense than watching griffin use his struggle handles to beat his man to give a lob to DJ.
post #36295 of 93193

Kobe 8 System :  The Man, The Myth, The Manigault
Kobe 8 System :  The Man, The Myth, The Manigault
post #36296 of 93193

Did Derek Fisher get suspended too? 8o

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

post #36297 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willchamberlain View Post

But when u don't win we blame the stars. Except with me Ron it was always he needs more help, but everyone else we blame the stars. They get praised when they win, blamed when they lose. No one ever said the Lakers can't win without shaq, it was Kobe. They say Barkley didn't win any rings, not the teams he were on vice versa.

Agreed. However we can't blindly use that logic. If you told me Wall had the best supporting cast in the NBA and couldn't get it done then you'd be right. He doesn't and hasn't in his career. AD has only made the playoffs once and got swept. Do you believe the same about him? He can't be the best player on his team and win a title.
post #36298 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeking2102 View Post
 

Did Derek Fisher get suspended too? 8o

 

Nah, he got her number.

Kobe 8 System :  The Man, The Myth, The Manigault
Kobe 8 System :  The Man, The Myth, The Manigault
post #36299 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willchamberlain View Post

If dirk had wall instead of jet terry he would've got swept by miami

Probably so. Because he would have been a teenager
post #36300 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by friscostylez View Post


famb no need to get fiesty with me lol and i didn't say you said blake is way better but you did said "Everything else Blake is better than draymond at." and like i said it's a lot closer than what you think and your statement shouldn't be an easy one to make. that's all G. clearly, i haven't watched as many clippers games as you to debate the point forward claim but i did witness it for smalllllll portion in the past. but as a point forward, im still taking money green setting up my offense than watching griffin use his struggle handles to beat his man to give a lob to DJ.

 

Lol if my sentiment came off feisty then my bad bro, that wasn't how it was supposed to come across. Just the way a ***** be typing sometimes haha we good g.

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
This thread is locked  
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke