NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke - Page 1243  

post #37261 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peep Game View Post

Yep, and I'm sure there's others, but also these current LA rookies are playing with a roster who's beat players are Nick Young and a washed Kobe, not top 10 all time Shaq and Kobe. These dudes will know what's up soon up just leave to have actual futures on other teams, or just be satisfied with the lifestyle in LA and take the Ls. Westbrook/KD/Porzingis ain't rescuing them. Maybe Tony Snell at best.

Houston tears are definitely the saltiest laugh.gif. Enjoy dwight Howard pimp.gif
post #37262 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLiCiT305 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Em View Post

Well he's definitely never going to be an All-Star. They for sure need to completely throw away the idea he's ever going to be a point guard if they even wanna get decent play from him.
watch out guys , we have a prophet here 
homie believes embiid will still be a star tho laugh.gif I've got Lavines floor as a 6th man.
post #37263 of 93193
It's strange how lavine's best skill is dunking but he's not an in game dunker at all, that's a completely different skill that he doesn't have.
post #37264 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by leemelone View Post

It's strange how lavine's best skill is dunking but he's not an in game dunker at all, that's a completely different skill that he doesn't have.

Idk bro but i dont think dunking is a skill really
post #37265 of 93193
I would definitely say it is bro. Especially dunking on people, there's a method to it
post #37266 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLiCiT305 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Em View Post

Well he's definitely never going to be an All-Star. They for sure need to completely throw away the idea he's ever going to be a point guard if they even wanna get decent play from him.
watch out guys , we have a prophet here 
homie believes embiid will still be a star tho laugh.gif I've got Lavines floor as a 6th man.

Wait, why is believing that Embiid will be a star funny?

If it was sarcasm nevermind
post #37267 of 93193
The guy hasn't played in two years. Let's be real, the odds of him dominating or being healthy for that matter are against him.
post #37268 of 93193
Has there ever been anyone who has been as chronically injured as Embiid has early in his career who has gone on to be an all-star? Nobody I can remember.
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
post #37269 of 93193
Embiid = Oden
post #37270 of 93193
Ilgauskas but that's still not really encouraging. You could say bynum but you could clearly see the difference in his game after every injury.
post #37271 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by amel223 View Post

I wouldn't admit this to anyone I personally know but 2015 was a bad yr for me. It won't take much for me to have a good 2016 lmao.
dont worry, we have a captain america movie this year pimp.gif

Amen. Hopefully that's not the only highlight of my year embarassed.gif
post #37272 of 93193
I mean projecting his health for the rest of career is still up in the air. What's not up in the air is his potential to be a star. That's the one thing we do know. I don't see anything wrong with someone thinking he will become that star.

Judging by the recent pictures of him staying in great shape on putting on a load of muscle mass it leads me to believe he's working hard to take care of his body. Whether his body fails him who knows but that should increase his odds somewhat. Part of me feels he could have played this year. They're just playing it that safe given his age.
post #37273 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carver View Post

Oak want out of Philly. New reports coming out for that boy. Zinger was smart he didn't eem give the 6ers and interview roll.gif

That's too bad. Porzingus would have fitted perfectly with Noel...Would have made trading Embiid a no brainer.

I am so glad they are changing the culture there. It's about time we stop regressing.
post #37274 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by leemelone View Post

It's strange how lavine's best skill is dunking but he's not an in game dunker at all, that's a completely different skill that he doesn't have.

 

 

IMO 

 

It's because in game dunking requires having an elite first step, a strong frame to ward off defenders, and / or some gigs with the rock to shake free of your defender. Lavine has none of these traits.

 

So often, people say if someone can jump high that they're an elite athlete and I personally disagree. Jumping high doesn't make you a great athlete, relative to the NBA. 

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

post #37275 of 93193
Oak wants out for real? I wonder if we can make a deal for him that doesn't include Brad or Otto.
post #37276 of 93193
Oak for DLo which team says no
post #37277 of 93193
CXvTNUPWMAAfKAf?format=png&name=large

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

post #37278 of 93193
@shoeking101 I agree with all that but at the same time I don't. I'd say timing is the most important trait, reason kobe has always had a knack for catching bodies while someone like lebron has underachieved in that aspect of the game. Almost blurs the line between athleticism and iq. But yea I still agree with everything you said.
post #37279 of 93193

Rockets should send offers for Oak and Jennings. 

post #37280 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOStoIAH View Post

Oak for DLo which team says no

Lakers.
TEAM A BUNCH OF THINGS
Twitter - @EssentialShow
Instagram - MarshallLaw518
TEAM A BUNCH OF THINGS
Twitter - @EssentialShow
Instagram - MarshallLaw518
post #37281 of 93193
In-game dunking is definitely a skill. Maybe overlooked. It goes under the category of ability to finish. One of the most important aspects of the entire game. Getting to the goal and successfully scoring. In-game dunking ability is really no different than what made Derrick Rose so great with his ability to lay the ball up in traffic. An entire process of beating your man, finding creases and windows of other giant men to somehow get the ball past them and in the hoop. Doesnt matter how you do it as long as you get the job done. It's a pretty good observation of Lavine that i never thought of.

One dunk in particular that came to me off the top of my head that shows a good example of what I said was this dunk by LeBron vs the Mavs back in 07

There's a small misconception about LeBron with what makes him great. Which is that he just dunks on everyone because he's a freak athletically. Which to an extent is true, but athleticism alone doesn't cut it when you're going up against 7 foot monsters. In-game dunking is a skill LeBron possesses at high level that isn't as easy as he makes it look.
post #37282 of 93193
dunking is probably the most overrated stat
guys need to learn how to finish without it. work on floaters, shooting at angles, etc.


jahlil "we get money" okafor on the trade block laugh.gif
will embiid ever step foot in a game sick.gif
post #37283 of 93193
Trade Okafor to the Celtics , they the only team right now with the young talent and draft picks combo
NORTHEAST BALTIMORE RAVENS O'S MAGIC

WHERE DA BIG BOOTY FREAKS AT?
NORTHEAST BALTIMORE RAVENS O'S MAGIC

WHERE DA BIG BOOTY FREAKS AT?
post #37284 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carver View Post

Oak want out of Philly. New reports coming out for that boy. Zinger was smart he didn't eem give the 6ers and interview roll.gif

Source?
post #37285 of 93193
Will houston make the playoffs? I say yes. 

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

post #37286 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay02 View Post

In-game dunking is definitely a skill. Maybe overlooked. It goes under the category of ability to finish. One of the most important aspects of the entire game. Getting to the goal and successfully scoring. In-game dunking ability is really no different than what made Derrick Rose so great with his ability to lay the ball up in traffic. An entire process of beating your man, finding creases and windows of other giant men to somehow get the ball past them and in the hoop. Doesnt matter how you do it as long as you get the job done. It's a pretty good observation of Lavine that i never thought of.

One dunk in particular that came to me off the top of my head that shows a good example of what I said was this dunk by LeBron vs the Mavs back in 07

There's a small misconception about LeBron with what makes him great. Which is that he just dunks on everyone because he's a freak athletically. Which to an extent is true, but athleticism alone doesn't cut it when you're going up against 7 foot monsters. In-game dunking is a skill LeBron possesses at high level that isn't as easy as he makes it look.
Disagree that dunking is a skill. It is an ability imo.
post #37287 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by soychulo View Post


Disagree that dunking is a skill. It is an ability imo.

 

 

Lol dunking in an NBA game is without a doubt a skill. Especially in a 5v5 setting.

 

I guess if it's like in transition with nobody around then yeah it's an "Ability" that every NBA player has so it's kind of null and void to say that it's an "ability."

 

Dunking and dunking in traffic / through contact are two totally different things. The latter is without a doubt a skill that requires an incredible amount of strength, leaping ability, timing, and coordination to accomplish. 

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

post #37288 of 93193
I don't think the actual dunking is a skill, its the process of getting to the basket, sizing your man up etc. Which can easily be finished with a lay up or floater. It mainly falls under getting to the basket and finishing rather then dunking on someone.
Outta this world jupitar jack
Outta this world jupitar jack
post #37289 of 93193
I'm curious why some of yall say it isn't a skill.
post #37290 of 93193
It's both an ability and a skill. And yeah, I'm curious as to what an argument is that opposes it being skill.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
This thread is locked  
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke