NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke - Page 1420  

post #42571 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Friendly View Post

Where the stat to measure ball handling?

I dont see George being a better ball handler or being able to create his own shot better than Leonard.

Well you can look at time of possession. Better ball-handlers tend to have the ball in their hands more frequently.

 

In terms of shot creating, you can simply look at % of shots assisted.

 

All of that info is readily available if you need proof

post #42572 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Collector View Post


You think CP3 is that much better then Wall right now? If so I get your case. No more need be said.

 

I think CP3 is better, but not by a large margin.

 

You're missing the point if you think the CP3 / Wall thing is about who's better.

 

It's not.

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

post #42573 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeking2102 View Post

I think CP3 is better, but not by a large margin.

You're missing the point if you think the CP3 / Wall thing is about who's better.

It's not.

Basically what everyone is saying is you need a PG who can shoot on the floor at all times. That's what it comes down to.
post #42574 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Collector View Post


Basically what everyone is saying is you need a PG who can shoot on the floor at all times. That's what it comes down to.

 

I mean kind of

 

You can't really justify Team USA taking Wall over Kyrie when Kyrie is a miles better shooter. And it's not like he's been bad in international competition. The Complete opposite.

 

The conversation about taking wall over CP3 is null and void because like I said, he HAS to make it

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

post #42575 of 93193

CP3 can shoot and control a team.

 

Wall's shooting is shaky.

 

Kyrie can shoot. He can distribute in THAT setting.

 

Wall has no shot man

post #42576 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmaz96 View Post

we all know who the "locks" are: CP3, Melo, LeBron, Davis, KD, Steph, Harden, Westbrook.

there's really only 4-5 spots up for grabs
Yup even though harden and AD are meh to me they will still probably make it because of the last run.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Collector View Post

Basically what everyone is saying is you need a PG who can shoot on the floor at all times. That's what it comes down to.

That and just like anything in life seniority rules

Sunny Side FL

 

 

Sneaker Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCff1h6qT8QO35sPDZHUK0Cg

 

Its a hobby

Sunny Side FL

 

 

Sneaker Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCff1h6qT8QO35sPDZHUK0Cg

 

Its a hobby

post #42577 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican View Post
 

CP3 can shoot and control a team.

 

Wall's shooting is shaky.

 

Kyrie can shoot. He can distribute in THAT setting.

 

Wall has no shot man

 

Right. Plus CP3 has been there from time. He has to and is going to make it.

 

If anything there can be an argument that Wall should be there over Russ Wes maybe?

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

post #42578 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeking2102 View Post

I mean kind of

You can't really justify Team USA taking Wall over Kyrie when Kyrie is a miles better shooter.

The conversation about taking wall over CP3 is null and void because like I said, he HAS to make it

Cool end of debate. I get where you're coming from. I disagree with the notion without a PG who can shoot on the floor at all times means we'll lose however. That's my point. We simply disagree. Nice debate.
post #42579 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Collector View Post


Why do you need more scoring when you have more scoring then you know what to do with. Who here honestly believes team USA would have a scoring problem without Irving? Getting shooters wide open looks helps everyone else score. Why is that lost on the thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erupt107th View Post

Please leave Blake and Chris Paul off the team.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by amel223 View Post

Someone said to drop Steph off the roster in favor for CP3?

Buggin

Lol
 

and this is why i said we dont NEED curry. scoring is currys biggest asset. its negated by the other 4 on the floor who are elite scorers as well. at this rate u pick the best players at the role. i would rather a cp3 and kyrie duo, than curry and one of them. cuz having curry surrounded by the USA team means curry cant take like 10 3pters a game. he has to distribute. and whats the point of having curry if he doesnt have the green light to shoot like he wants? id rather have cp3 average 15 assists and still get buckets when needed, than have a ball dominant pg on a team full of elite scorers.

PSN: TEKtheMAESTRO || Twitter: TEKtheMAESTRO || Everything: TEKtheMAESTRO

 

PSN: TEKtheMAESTRO || Twitter: TEKtheMAESTRO || Everything: TEKtheMAESTRO

 

post #42580 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Collector View Post


Cool end of debate. I get where you're coming from. I disagree with the notion without a PG who can shoot on the floor at all times means we'll lose however. That's my point. We simply disagree. Nice debate.

Who were you arguing with about that though?

post #42581 of 93193
Wall can keep his 4.4 Turnovers in DC until 2020.

To be clear, my comment about leaving CP3 has nothing to do with his abiity. I just don't want his old *** adding more miles
post #42582 of 93193
U gotta understand with players like rondo and wall it's either their show or they're not apart of it at all. I was the same type of pg till I fixed my shot
post #42583 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Collector View Post


Cool end of debate. I get where you're coming from. I disagree with the notion without a PG who can shoot on the floor at all times means we'll lose however. That's my point. We simply disagree. Nice debate.

 

You're right on that end. I don't think anyone would disagree with you. We would blow everyone out if Wall were the PG. We're going to overwhelm everyone regardless of who Coach K chooses.

 

Team USA would be just fine with Wall as opposed to Irving, Paul, Curry, whoever. You can't really go wrong. Relative to international ball, it's splitting hair right now. Team USA is that good.

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

post #42584 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican View Post

Who were you arguing with about that though?

Why else would you take Irving over Wall. If that's the case and not having a shooting PG on the floor at all times means we'll still win. Why not reward the better player?
post #42585 of 93193
There is no possible way Russ won't make it. I'd say he is up there as a lock with CP, Lebron, Melo , AD, KD and Steph.
post #42586 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Collector View Post


Why else would you take Irving over Wall. If that's the case and not having a shooting PG on the floor at all times means we'll still win. Why not reward the better player?

 

 

BECAUSE WALL ISNT BETTER THAN IRVING IN AN INTERNATIONAL SETTING :lol

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

post #42587 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfranchise26 View Post

There is no possible way Russ won't make it. I'd say he is up there as a lock with CP, Lebron, Melo , AD, KD and Steph.

 

I agree

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

post #42588 of 93193
steph, russ, cp will be the PGs
kyrie will get in as well for what he did last time and his connection with coach K

if cp opts not to play, then next guys are up

team usa could send their C squad and win it.
post #42589 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEKtheMAESTRO View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Collector View Post


Why do you need more scoring when you have more scoring then you know what to do with. Who here honestly believes team USA would have a scoring problem without Irving? Getting shooters wide open looks helps everyone else score. Why is that lost on the thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erupt107th View Post

Please leave Blake and Chris Paul off the team.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by amel223 View Post

Someone said to drop Steph off the roster in favor for CP3?

Buggin

Lol
 

and this is why i said we dont NEED curry. scoring is currys biggest asset. its negated by the other 4 on the floor who are elite scorers as well. at this rate u pick the best players at the role. i would rather a cp3 and kyrie duo, than curry and one of them. cuz having curry surrounded by the USA team means curry cant take like 10 3pters a game. he has to distribute. and whats the point of having curry if he doesnt have the green light to shoot like he wants? id rather have cp3 average 15 assists and still get buckets when needed, than have a ball dominant pg on a team full of elite scorers.

 

The same argument you're using against steph could easily be used against kyrie.

BROOKLYN BORN

BRONX RAISED

HARLEM EDUCATED

 

"Blue and orange everything, clearly what I'm repping

and the pressure that come with it like I'm wearing number 7"

BROOKLYN BORN

BRONX RAISED

HARLEM EDUCATED

 

"Blue and orange everything, clearly what I'm repping

and the pressure that come with it like I'm wearing number 7"

post #42590 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Collector View Post


Why else would you take Irving over Wall. If that's the case and not having a shooting PG on the floor at all times means we'll still win. Why not reward the better player?

Yea but nobody said the team would LOSE with Wall. We simply said that Kyrie is a better shooter. We wouldn't LOSE with Jeff Teague as our starting PG.

 

There is no BETTER player, they have two different skill-sets. And Kyrie's skill-set is more appropriate to an international style of play

post #42591 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeking2102 View Post


BECAUSE WALL ISNT BETTER THAN IRVING IN AN INTERNATIONAL SETTING laugh.gif

What has Wall done in this international setting that makes you believe he isn't? That's not fact but opinion.
post #42592 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Collector View Post


What has Wall done in this international setting that makes you believe he isn't? That's not fact but opinion.

Wall hasn't had a chance but we are simply looking at what he has shown in the NBA and coming to the conclusion that his style of play isn't as "International Friendly" as Kyrie's. Not saying Wall would be BAD.

 

But you are right, it is an assumption because Wall hasn't had a shot

post #42593 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Collector View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeking2102 View Post


BECAUSE WALL ISNT BETTER THAN IRVING IN AN INTERNATIONAL SETTING laugh.gif

What has Wall done in this international setting that makes you believe he isn't? That's not fact but opinion.


Has he even played in an international setting?

 

Former world cup MVP > someone who hasn't even been there before

BROOKLYN BORN

BRONX RAISED

HARLEM EDUCATED

 

"Blue and orange everything, clearly what I'm repping

and the pressure that come with it like I'm wearing number 7"

BROOKLYN BORN

BRONX RAISED

HARLEM EDUCATED

 

"Blue and orange everything, clearly what I'm repping

and the pressure that come with it like I'm wearing number 7"

post #42594 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Collector View Post


What has Wall done in this international setting that makes you believe he isn't? That's not fact but opinion.

 

Team USA kills their opponents in international play with superior athleticism and Shooting.

 

This isn't an opinion. That is fact.

 

Kyrie is the better shooter. That is a fact.

 

In my opinion, they both would be adequate playmakers in that setting because, well who wouldn't playing next to Steph Bron and KD.

 

What it comes down to, is Kyrie being a better ball handler and shooter, based on NBA play. If Wall had the chance i'm sure he would do great however

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

post #42595 of 93193
mike conley would be a better fit over john wall
just saying...

sucks to be the odd man out, but he isnt going to be the only one.
wall might as well sign up for dominican citizenship and play for cal
post #42596 of 93193
My overall point about Wall is he'll increase the scoring of everyone else. That negates what Irving does. If Wall can increase everyone else's scoring you wouldn't need Irvings scoring ability. It's even what they bring.
post #42597 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Based Jesus View Post
 

 

The same argument you're using against steph could easily be used against kyrie.

kyrie imo is the better facilitator in this setting. we know steph works well within his system. we have no idea what stephs facilitating looks like on this stage, whereas we see kyrie was MVP. and that why imo kyrie edges out curry

PSN: TEKtheMAESTRO || Twitter: TEKtheMAESTRO || Everything: TEKtheMAESTRO

 

PSN: TEKtheMAESTRO || Twitter: TEKtheMAESTRO || Everything: TEKtheMAESTRO

 

post #42598 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Collector View Post

My overall point about Wall is he'll increase the scoring of everyone else. That negates what Irving does. If Wall can increase everyone else's scoring you wouldn't need Irvings scoring ability. It's even what they bring.

 

Irving can do this too in this setting that's what you're not comprehending about this.

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

post #42599 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Collector View Post

My overall point about Wall is he'll increase the scoring of everyone else. That negates what Irving does. If Wall can increase everyone else's scoring you wouldn't need Irvings scoring ability. It's even what they bring.

What has Wall done in this international setting that makes you believe he would? That's not fact but opinion. 8o

post #42600 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican View Post
 

What has Wall done in this international setting that makes you believe he would? That's not fact but opinion. 8o

 

 

Well played lol

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
This thread is locked  
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke