NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke - Page 1458  

post #43711 of 93193

unless the injury bug hits the warriors only team that has a shot in a series with em is the spurs. no one else has a realistic shot. 

post #43712 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by erupt107th View Post


It was me. You and I both had the Clippers behind those three teams but you wanted me to say the Clippers can beat them laugh.gif

I know where you stood on the Clippers :lol 

post #43713 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Van Ho View Post
 

Really? All summer you were telling me the Clips weren't on the Warriors, Spurs and Thunder's level. Or it might have been lawdog...

 

They weren't, and they lowkey still aren't. (I think we're right there with OKC) But check the predictions thread, that's what I have there.

 

I just like the way we're progressing as far as lineups and rotations are concerned. We're developing into a versatile team that has some length that physically, could match up with a Warriors or a Spurs. Don't have the players with the IQ and playmaking ability that the Warriors have however.

 

I'm just really interested in seeing what we look like towards the end of the season, and I like where we're headed. Cole, Wes, Pablo, have really done a number on Jamal and he's a bit more in control since they've been in the rotation. I actually like the bench minus Austin.

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

post #43714 of 93193
I don't think any of that matters doe. This is OKC's year. They'll have their A-Game come
Playoff time.
post #43715 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersman3000 View Post

unless the injury bug hits the warriors only team that has a shot in a series with em is the spurs. no one else has a realistic shot. 

Gotta agree with this. Funny thing is the Cavs matchup better with the Spurs. Who woulda thought...Lebron James hoping to see the Spurs again in the finals laugh.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMan14 View Post

you got to be able to dictate pace. for the most part, slow it down and not get in a track meet
ability to play small ball when w's roll out that lineup
be physical, pound the ball inside and out rebound the w's (especially if you stay big vs small lineup)
not really one way, but you have to be well rounded team. have two-way players so you're not sacrificing anything on offense/defense. that's the cavs biggest problems, defenders that can't play offense and vice versa
protect home court and be able to win at oracle at least once

don't know if there is a team out there beside the spurs

All good strategies but I agree; it's gonna be tough for any team to get these guys 4 out of 7 games.
"A battle of wits...with me? That's not what you want..."

#NTDENIM for life
"A battle of wits...with me? That's not what you want..."

#NTDENIM for life
post #43716 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by erupt107th View Post

I don't think any of that matters doe. This is OKC's year. They'll have their A-Game come
Playoff time.

a-friend get off of erupts account

post #43717 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeking2102 View Post
 

 

They weren't, and they lowkey still aren't. (I think we're right there with OKC) But check the predictions thread, that's what I have there.

 

I just like the way we're progressing as far as lineups and rotations are concerned. We're developing into a versatile team that has some length that physically, could match up with a Warriors or a Spurs. Don't have the players with the IQ and playmaking ability that the Warriors have however.

 

I'm just really interested in seeing what we look like towards the end of the season, and I like where we're headed. Cole, Wes, Pablo, have really done a number on Jamal and he's a bit more in control since they've been in the rotation. I actually like the bench minus Austin.

Dude no hate but the flip flopping here is interesting. You freaking leaving your boy Austin out in the cold like that? Cruel

 

You don't think the Clips are on Warriors or Spurs level, but the Clippers or Thunder will be repping the conference? So are you saying the Clippers will avoid GSW and SAS in the playoffs? Or you just saying the Clippers will continue to develop into a powerhouse

post #43718 of 93193
post #43719 of 93193


post #43720 of 93193

im really interested in seeing how the clippers play changes when blake comes back. 

post #43721 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Van Ho View Post
 

Dude no hate but the flip flopping here is interesting. You freaking leaving your boy Austin out in the cold like that? Cruel

 

You don't think the Clips are on Warriors or Spurs level, but the Clippers or Thunder will be repping the conference? So are you saying the Clippers will avoid GSW and SAS in the playoffs? Or you just saying the Clippers will continue to develop into a powerhouse

 

It really isn't flip flopping. I like Austin, still one of my favorite players in the L,  he just hasn't been as consistent as I projected him to become this season thus far. I feel like somebody like Lance who isn't getting any run could do what Austin is doing. 

 

"Powerhouse" is a nice way of framing it :lol I won't say that but I do think we'll continue to develop to a team that it'll be formidable against anyone in the postseason, and I like our chances against anyone. Lack of HC worries me though.

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

post #43722 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrandPuba26 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican View Post

 
NBA Storylines change every month.

Fans of the league and the Media change their minds every month.

When he is really in his stride come March, we will see what yall are saying then

The Best isn't something that changes like a Power Rankings or something man
Bruh remember when KD was everybody's favorite player because his mom made sure he stayed off the streets?

Now the guy barely scrapes the mainstream NBA storylines, outside of when he's "complaining" about the media.

And fans eat it up, thinking their sports analyst. People need to chill out. 

I came in to say one thing and read this, so I will say more than my one thing.
Strong cosign.

I'm not sure exactly what this post speaks too but I assume Lebron> Steph or Steph>Lebron

It's still Lebron. Hell if I'm living in the moment like those saying Steph is GOAT, then it's not even a Steph vs Lebron, because it's Dray> Steph.

"I apologize, turns out it was not the Thunder's year.  I wish they hadn't played the games"

 

 

"I apologize, turns out it was not the Thunder's year.  I wish they hadn't played the games"

 

 

post #43723 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyblunts View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzoe33 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peep Game View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarldaGoat View Post

Has anyone ever seen Reggie and Cheryl in the same room together?  Convinced they are one and the same.

Reggie & Cheryl, Bow Wow, and Lil' Mama, Tyga & a marsupial, all the same people

Let's never hope for that to happen. Reggie and Cheryl on the same talk show. sick.gif

before reggies growth spurt


..........which one is reggie?

BROOKLYN BORN

BRONX RAISED

HARLEM EDUCATED

 

"Blue and orange everything, clearly what I'm repping

and the pressure that come with it like I'm wearing number 7"

BROOKLYN BORN

BRONX RAISED

HARLEM EDUCATED

 

"Blue and orange everything, clearly what I'm repping

and the pressure that come with it like I'm wearing number 7"

post #43724 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Based Jesus View Post
 


..........which one is reggie?

i thought the one on the left was chris rock. 

post #43725 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersman3000 View Post
 

im really interested in seeing how the clippers play changes when blake comes back. 

 

There is potential danger there.

 

PP will go back to being a small ball four with Crawford in the 2nd unit. That lineup for us has been awful this entire season. Not even bad, but awful. It could really disrupt the continuity that the 2nd unit has developed.

 

And looking further, I don't know how we'll manage against the elite with Luc in the Starting 5 but **** it, roll with it :lol

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

post #43726 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by JinKazama View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersman3000 View Post

unless the injury bug hits the warriors only team that has a shot in a series with em is the spurs. no one else has a realistic shot. 

Gotta agree with this. Funny thing is the Cavs matchup better with the Spurs. Who woulda thought...Lebron James hoping to see the Spurs again in the finals laugh.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMan14 View Post

you got to be able to dictate pace. for the most part, slow it down and not get in a track meet
ability to play small ball when w's roll out that lineup
be physical, pound the ball inside and out rebound the w's (especially if you stay big vs small lineup)
not really one way, but you have to be well rounded team. have two-way players so you're not sacrificing anything on offense/defense. that's the cavs biggest problems, defenders that can't play offense and vice versa
protect home court and be able to win at oracle at least once

don't know if there is a team out there beside the spurs

All good strategies but I agree; it's gonna be tough for any team to get these guys 4 out of 7 games.

that's the thing. even last yr vs memphis, when the griz stole one, i wasn't too worried because w's were a great road team as well. interested to see if pop and the spurs are going to go after that home court as well. i assume he aint resting his guys vs the tougher competitions. crazy as it is, they are only 2 games back and are playing historically great ball as well
post #43727 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeking2102 View Post
 

 

It really isn't flip flopping. I like Austin, still one of my favorite players in the L,  he just hasn't been as consistent as I projected him to become this season thus far. I feel like somebody like Lance who isn't getting any run could do what Austin is doing. 

 

"Powerhouse" is a nice way of framing it :lol I won't say that but I do think we'll continue to develop to a team that it'll be formidable against anyone in the postseason, and I like our chances against anyone. Lack of HC worries me though.

The optimism is new but I like it. I more meant flip flopping on their prospects and especially how you feel about the bench

post #43728 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonafide101 View Post

So what's the best way to beat the Warriors? Have the best game of your life? Hope they miss most their shots? Play them physical? Have length? They seem to have a lil difficulty with the Bucks...idk..

Defense. 

 

Rushing out to guard 3 point line and make them Mid-range shooters. 

Meanwhile protecting the paint with good inside presence. 

post #43729 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Van Ho View Post
 

The optimism is new but I like it. I more meant flip flopping on their prospects and especially how you feel about the bench

 

How I see it, I'm starting to get more optimistic simply because there are more solid, rational, dependable players in the rotation that are contributing. It's not Big Baby, Hedo, and Spencer. It's Wes, Pablo, and Cole. Bench is much more stable and dependable. We'll see how that changes though once blake gets back.

 

Cole though, has almost completely changed how I feel about this team since he's been thrown in the rotation. He's been that good for us.

 

Should clarify that that's what I put in the prediction thread, so i'm not going to change it now. That's what I meant by i'm not gonna flip flop, i'm just sticking to my prediction preseason. But the essential point wasn't that I was guaranteeing that we would be in the WCF, but more so that I just look at them as a team that's developing into a team that could be WC Finalist. 

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

post #43730 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMan14 View Post

that's the thing. even last yr vs memphis, when the griz stole one, i wasn't too worried because w's were a great road team as well. interested to see if pop and the spurs are going to go after that home court as well. i assume he aint resting his guys vs the tougher competitions. crazy as it is, they are only 2 games back and are playing historically great ball as well

IMO Spurs don't care. Pops main concern is health, if anybody can go into Oracle and win one its SA.

Call me crazy but I think Aldridge and Duncan are the X factors in that matchup. Aldridge is an elite post player and Duncan is Duncan. They could not only dictate pace but they could murder GSW down low if they go small. If pop can dream up a defense to get those guys off the 3 point line when Duncan, Aldridge, or both are in the game (3-2?) they may be on to something. It'll be interesting to see if pop "rests" anybody next week or if he goes hard against them.
"A battle of wits...with me? That's not what you want..."

#NTDENIM for life
"A battle of wits...with me? That's not what you want..."

#NTDENIM for life
post #43731 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abematic View Post
 

Defense. 

 

Rushing out to guard 3 point line and make them Mid-range shooters. 

Meanwhile protecting the paint with good inside presence. 

 

The thought of what it would take to beat GSW 4 out of 7 is seriously exhausting :lol

 

The sustained level of attention to detail that the defense has to be at is just...it's OD. In theory, one would think that the Warriors can't win w/o the three point line so if you stay home on shooters, collapse on the Klay when he's coming off Single Doubles, and run everyone off the line and when you do don't help, you should have a great shot.

 

Then you have to be elite on the other end of the floor as well

 

Issue is that it goes against everything you've practiced your entire life from a defensive standpoint and then when fatigue comes into play, it becomes really difficult.

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

post #43732 of 93193
Lance and Josh Smith were really sparing on the bench last night in OT?? These dudes roll.gifroll.gif
post #43733 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolaholic View Post

Lance and Josh Smith were really sparing on the bench last night in OT?? These dudes roll.gifroll.gif

The weird thing is, neither of them has been bad this season. Josh was solid when he got minutes the two games DJ was out even before that. Lance usually does something positive in the limited occasions he sees the floor. The problem is that there are units, as a whole, that work better without them.

That said, like Shoeking alluded to in an earlier post, Austin has been pretty inconsistent this season. I think Lance could do as much or more than him if he got Austin's minutes. But Daddy Doc not going to let that happen.
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
post #43734 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeking2102 View Post
 

 

The thought of what it would take to beat GSW 4 out of 7 is seriously exhausting :lol

 

The sustained level of attention to detail that the defense has to be at is just...it's OD. In theory, one would think that the Warriors can't win w/o the three point line so if you stay home on shooters, collapse on the Klay when he's coming off Single Doubles, and run everyone off the line and when you do don't help, you should have a great shot.

 

Then you have to be elite on the other end of the floor as well

 

Issue is that it goes against everything you've practiced your entire life from a defensive standpoint and then when fatigue comes into play, it becomes really difficult.

Seriously. 

 

Your players would need every ounce of energy that they have for this battle with them in the Playoffs. 

I think executing great defense on the Warriors then pounding the ball inside and going to the free throw line over 15+ times a game, you definitely got a chance. 

Now that Warriors found out how to perfect the high pick and roll with Green and Steph, there's another weapon you have to prepare for. 

 

lol, let's see what January 20th is about against the Bulls. 

They usually give the Warriors a tough game. 

post #43735 of 93193
Is there any team that can seriously at least take the Cavs to 6 games in the East??

I hate to see them sweep thru the playoffs and just wait on a battled-out West team.
post #43736 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abematic View Post


lol, let's see what January 20th is about against the Bulls. 
They usually give the Warriors a tough game. 

Bulls are either going to beat them or get washed.
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
post #43737 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Van Ho View Post

Reddick with the full sleeve now, wow. Started off as a piece to a half sleeve... I can't ever recall a player getting a full sleeve during the regular season

Werd & it ain't no half *** art work either like most dudes in the league got smokin.gif

✩✩✩ NEW YORK KNICKS ✩✩✩

WELCOME TO THE OLD BROOKLYN



✩✩✩ NEW YORK KNICKS ✩✩✩

WELCOME TO THE OLD BROOKLYN


post #43738 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballkid11 View Post

Is there any team that can seriously at least take the Cavs to 6 games in the East??

I hate to see them sweep thru the playoffs and just wait on a battled-out West team.

 

Toronto

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

post #43739 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeking2102 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballkid11 View Post

Is there any team that can seriously at least take the Cavs to 6 games in the East??

I hate to see them sweep thru the playoffs and just wait on a battled-out West team.

 

Toronto

Jm38IMG.gif

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

post #43740 of 93193

Breh Yae Yae Redick shooting 50% from 3 on over 4 attempts per game. 

 

Avg 17 a night in only 27 minutes a game.

 

Has been one of the best players in the league this year, especially as a shooter. And at the same time he's defending at a very high level. Career year for JJ so far 

 

:hat

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
This thread is locked  
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke