NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke - Page 1493  

post #44761 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by friscostylez View Post

i agree with that just cause you work hard doesn't mean that it will translate. but if you're doing the same thing and getting similar results then maybe you should try something different. just cause DJ is working with an expert shooting coach doesn't mean that's the shooting coach for him. not getting results is never the answer brah and shooting 40% ft shouldn't be reality.

IDK , man. I feel like even if DJ started shooting FTs underhanded he wouldn't improve that much. He just has problems with touch. Even underhanded, he'd lob up some airballs and some shots that would fly off the backboard. Serious.

famb have you ever try to shoot underhand? it's nothing but airballs for me lol.
post #44762 of 93193
Quote:
Former NBA All-Star Cliff Robinson to enter weed business

Just call him Spliff Robinson.

Former NBA All-Star Cliff Robinson, who played on five teams including the Portland Trail Blazers throughout his career, is going into the marijuana game.

Robinson will open a business where he lives in Portland, Ore., under the aptly named Uncle Spliffy - a play on the nickname he earned on the hardwood, Uncle Cliffy.

"It's an opportunity for me to get out there and tell people a little bit about myself outside of basketball," Robinson told the Portland Business Journal. "People in Oregon know me as a basketball player, but I want to distill the stigma around cannabis, the misperception that athletes and cannabis are incompatible."

There's no timetable for the launch of the business, but the website UncleSpliffy.com has a coming soon message, with a massive pot leaf in the background.

http://nydn.us/1nBcdva

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

post #44763 of 93193

I'm not going to give grown men who get payed millions of dollars to do something professionally, a pass on being unable to do something that a 10 year old can do with more consistency. I refuse to. But then again I don't root for a team who this practice is constantly used on.

BROOKLYN BORN

BRONX RAISED

HARLEM EDUCATED

 

"Blue and orange everything, clearly what I'm repping

and the pressure that come with it like I'm wearing number 7"

BROOKLYN BORN

BRONX RAISED

HARLEM EDUCATED

 

"Blue and orange everything, clearly what I'm repping

and the pressure that come with it like I'm wearing number 7"

post #44764 of 93193
Quote:
nah i was using GSW as an example for why its ridiculous to try to peg whats a "hack" and what isnt. becuz ull obviously foul away from the ball on ANY team with a good FT handling the ball. its not a hack. its a smart foul. so how do u differentiate? like, if i saw steph with the ball and we gotta foul, i gotta foul draymond like u said. im not hacking a draymond.... its just, i cant put steph on the line and we need to stop the clock...

 

Wut

 

Then they get a free throw (by anyone on the floor) and the ball back. You can't intentionally foul away from the ball in the last 2 minutes.

post #44765 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog1 View Post


IDK , man. I feel like even if DJ started shooting FTs underhanded he wouldn't improve that much. He just has problems with touch. Even underhanded, he'd lob up some airballs and some shots that would fly off the backboard. Serious.

 

hes too proud to even try underhanded. and i understand that pride. i would be embarrassed in a rec league game. i cant imagine on a nationally televised game

PSN: TEKtheMAESTRO || Twitter: TEKtheMAESTRO || Everything: TEKtheMAESTRO

 

PSN: TEKtheMAESTRO || Twitter: TEKtheMAESTRO || Everything: TEKtheMAESTRO

 

post #44766 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEKtheMAESTRO View Post
 

 

genetics play a huge role in jumping ability. there is a physical limitation. there is no physical limitation for shooting a free throw. whether ur 5'5 or 7'0, you can swish just the same as everybody else. so i cant give them a pass like that.

 

I'd disagree.

 

Steph Curry, and JJ Redick's shooting is a genetic feat. It's something that naturally came to them. They were predisposed to shooting the ball at an elite level. Sure they worked to harness that, but the skill was already there.

 

We see the connection between overall shooting and free throw shooting. Free throw shooting, like shooting overall, is a skill and to a degree is inherited. You can work all you want, but you won't shoot as well as yae yae or JJ. 

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

post #44767 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Based Jesus View Post

I'm not going to give grown men who get payed millions of dollars to do something professionally, a pass on being unable to do something that a 10 year old can do with more consistency. I refuse to. But then again I don't root for a team who this practice is constantly used on.
post #44768 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeking2102 View Post
 

 

I'd disagree.

 

Steph Curry, and JJ Redick's shooting is a genetic feat. It's something that naturally came to them. They were predisposed to shooting the ball at an elite level. Sure they worked to harness that, but the skill was already there.

 

We see the connection between overall shooting and free throw shooting. Free throw shooting, like shooting overall, is a skill and to a degree is inherited. You can work all you want, but you won't shoot as well as yae yae or JJ. 

 

while ur right, i still dont think its an all or nothing. if u made it to the nba, you possess the ability to shoot with no distractions from 15 feet. shooting from 28 feet like steph and jj is a bit different. but 15? its literally a flick of the wrist. shots that children hit. shots that mj has hit with his eyes literally closed. i just CANT give them an excuse man.

PSN: TEKtheMAESTRO || Twitter: TEKtheMAESTRO || Everything: TEKtheMAESTRO

 

PSN: TEKtheMAESTRO || Twitter: TEKtheMAESTRO || Everything: TEKtheMAESTRO

 

post #44769 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD617 View Post

Quote:
nah i was using GSW as an example for why its ridiculous to try to peg whats a "hack" and what isnt. becuz ull obviously foul away from the ball on ANY team with a good FT handling the ball. its not a hack. its a smart foul. so how do u differentiate? like, if i saw steph with the ball and we gotta foul, i gotta foul draymond like u said. im not hacking a draymond.... its just, i cant put steph on the line and we need to stop the clock...

Wut

Then they get a free throw (by anyone on the floor) and the ball back. You can't intentionally foul away from the ball in the last 2 minutes.

You take it from here JD. Like a fax machine, I can't eem call it.
post #44770 of 93193

Comparing a 10 year shooting free throws to an NBA player shooting free throws in an actual game as if they are remotely the same :rollin

 

Has nothing to do with being a fan of a team that the hacking is used on man.

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

post #44771 of 93193

my parents never played basketball and are terrible at shooting, but i'm always wet 8o

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

post #44772 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEKtheMAESTRO View Post
 

 

while ur right, i still dont think its an all or nothing. if u made it to the nba, you possess the ability to shoot with no distractions from 15 feet. shooting from 28 feet like steph and jj is a bit different. but 15? its literally a flick of the wrist. shots that children hit. shots that mj has hit with his eyes literally closed. i just CANT give them an excuse man.

 

Bro this isn't an excuse this is real life.

 

Children shooting free throws is not the same as a player shooting free throw amidst NBA circumstances, come on man. 

 

This ain't an excuse, this is real life. Some people can't jump high, some people can't dribble, some people can't shoot free throws. Some can become marginally better, but not everything is within the cards for all players. 

 

If DJ, or Dwight, or whoever, is getting the best of the best and working their tails off to get better, that should tell you something man.

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

post #44773 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeking2102 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEKtheMAESTRO View Post

 

genetics play a huge role in jumping ability. there is a physical limitation. there is no physical limitation for shooting a free throw. whether ur 5'5 or 7'0, you can swish just the same as everybody else. so i cant give them a pass like that.

I'd disagree.

Steph Curry, and JJ Redick's shooting is a genetic feat. It's something that naturally came to them. They were predisposed to shooting the ball at an elite level. Sure they worked to harness that, but the skill was already there.

We see the connection between overall shooting and free throw shooting. Free throw shooting, like shooting overall, is a skill and to a degree is inherited. You can work all you want, but you won't shoot as well as yae yae or JJ. 

if you want to say that DJ's ceiling for ft shooting is 40% then i don't know what you tell you. working hard doesn't mean working smart. i'm not sure whether it's mental or physical but whatever DJ is doing or hasn't done isn't working so he gotta find something new to fix it.
post #44774 of 93193

Embedded image permalink

post #44775 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by friscostylez View Post


if you want to say that DJ's ceiling for ft shooting is 40% then i don't know what you tell you. working hard doesn't mean working smart. i'm not sure whether it's mental or physical but whatever DJ is doing or hasn't done isn't working so he gotta find something new to fix it.

 

So what do you suggest he do to try and fix it? 

 

He's working with the best of the best and is still terrible.


Dwight is working the best of the best and is still terrible. 

 

It's not a simple fix and while he could (and some would argue should be a better free throw shooter) stand to become a better free throw shooter, it's not as easy as saying "work harder," or "work smarter" you know? 

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

post #44776 of 93193

DJ's form aint even that bad. Like previously stated, i just dont think he's practicing the right way.

 

As a shooter, the most important thing is to understand the mechanics of your shot. So you can fix whatever the issue is when you miss. DJ doesnt look like he understands.

FS (sz 10/10.5):  - LEBRONS ( 7+8 ) - 2k4 TB - XX8s - KOBE IV Inline - MJ Jersey  

 

mon3yliciousx8@yahoo.com

 

http://niketalk.com/classifieds/feedback/index/current/classifieds/user_id/38714

 

For Sale: SZ 10.5 Flyknit Trainers - Multicolor
$250 (USD) or best offer
For Sale: DS 10 SHADOW Is
$525 (USD) or best offer
For Sale: DS 10 BRED XI low
$250 (USD)

FS (sz 10/10.5):  - LEBRONS ( 7+8 ) - 2k4 TB - XX8s - KOBE IV Inline - MJ Jersey  

 

mon3yliciousx8@yahoo.com

 

http://niketalk.com/classifieds/feedback/index/current/classifieds/user_id/38714

 

For Sale: SZ 10.5 Flyknit Trainers - Multicolor
$250 (USD) or best offer
For Sale: DS 10 SHADOW Is
$525 (USD) or best offer
For Sale: DS 10 BRED XI low
$250 (USD)
post #44777 of 93193
Should try some meditation and visualization training, it's in his head. He goes up there expecting to me, you can see it in his eyes soon as he's fouled he wants to eat a Snickers and get away .
post #44778 of 93193

I swear i'm not making excuses for DJ's poor free throw shooting but people really are attacking this as if it's simple fix. We really got people saying that DJ should be a better free throw shooter because 10 year olds can shoot from 15 feet.

 

That mindset represents that comes with the fallacy behind how the fan approaches free throw shooting. 

 

"Why can't he shoot free throws well? I see my son shoot free throws well every saturday at the park" as if it's that simple. 

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

post #44779 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeking2102 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by friscostylez View Post

if you want to say that DJ's ceiling for ft shooting is 40% then i don't know what you tell you. working hard doesn't mean working smart. i'm not sure whether it's mental or physical but whatever DJ is doing or hasn't done isn't working so he gotta find something new to fix it.

So what do you suggest he do to try and fix it? 

He's working with the best of the best and is still terrible.


Dwight is working the best of the best and is still terrible. 

It's not a simple fix and while he could (and some would argue should be a better free throw shooter) stand to become a better free throw shooter, it's not as easy as saying "work harder," or "work smarter" you know? 

1. find a new trainer: just cause that person is a top trainer doesn't necessary mean he is the right trainer for DJ
2. seek a sports psychiatry: maybe it's something mentally.

you saying that at least it appears that DJ is working hard doesn't excuse him from shooting 40% from the line. 40% 40% 40% lol
like i said he gotta switch it up if whatever he's doing to improve it isn't working.
post #44780 of 93193
You can shoot 85% in an empty gym but what happens when the bright lights are on you with the game on the line & there's 30,000 people in the arena? What happens to your confidence when you shoot 30+ FT's & miss 23 of em?

FT shooting is 50% mental. If you go to the line shook you're probably gonna miss both.

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

post #44781 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeking2102 View Post

I swear i'm not making excuses for DJ's poor free throw shooting but people really are attacking this as if it's simple fix. We really got people saying that DJ should be a better free throw shooter because 10 year olds can shoot from 15 feet.

That mindset represents that comes with the fallacy behind how the fan approaches free throw shooting. 

"Why can't he shoot free throws well? I see my son shoot free throws well every saturday at the park" as if it's that simple. 

technically you were making excuses for DJ...
post #44782 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNeyLiCiouS View Post
 

DJ's form aint even that bad. Like previously stated, i just dont think he's practicing the right way.

 

As a shooter, the most important thing is to understand the mechanics of your shot. So you can fix whatever the issue is when you miss. DJ doesnt look like he understands.

 

Doesn't look like he understands? How did you gather that he "looks" like he doesn't understand? From how he looks on television?

 

Also, when you're 27 years of age, changing your form is extremely hard, and radical.

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

post #44783 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmaz96 View Post

You can shoot 85% in an empty gym but what happens when the bright lights are on you with the game on the line & there's 30,000 people in the arena? What happens to your confidence when you shoot 30+ FT's & miss 23 of em?

FT shooting is 50% mental. If you go to the line shook you're probably gonna miss both.

 

then it sounds like u shouldnt be working on form but mental fortitude. one way or another... work harder. cuz what ur doing aint it. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeking2102 View Post
 

 

So what do you suggest he do to try and fix it? 

 

He's working with the best of the best and is still terrible.


Dwight is working the best of the best and is still terrible. 

 

It's not a simple fix and while he could (and some would argue should be a better free throw shooter) stand to become a better free throw shooter, it's not as easy as saying "work harder," or "work smarter" you know? 

 

dwight worked with the best of the best to learn footwork, aint do diddly squat for em. worked wonders for kobe tho. dwight notorious for laziness. im more willing to believe theyre not giving it their all, than they have a ceiling lower than the overwhelming majority of everyone in the nba.

PSN: TEKtheMAESTRO || Twitter: TEKtheMAESTRO || Everything: TEKtheMAESTRO

 

PSN: TEKtheMAESTRO || Twitter: TEKtheMAESTRO || Everything: TEKtheMAESTRO

 

post #44784 of 93193
NBA Players that hit less than 60% from the FT line get no respect fam sorry. They get paid to practice in the gym 8-12 hours a day, dream job right there.

Here's a Rick Barry gem
Quote:
Hall of Famer Rick Barry shot free throws underhand. Barry, who played his college ball at the University of Miami, is the only person to lead the NCAA, the NBA and the American Basketball Association in scoring. He shot his free throws granny-style at a career clip of 89 percent.

”It seems rather ludicrous that people can’t shoot 80 percent,” Barry said. “You’re not a good free-throw shooter if you don’t shoot 80 percent. It’s the same ball, the same basket, the same distance. It’s ridiculous.”

Barry attacks the topic of free throws with the same aggressive flair that made him a Hall of Famer. He led the ABA in free-throw percentage three out of the four years he played in the league. He was the NBA’s most accurate free-throw shooter five times and ranks second on the NBA’s all-time free-throw percentage list (90 percent) behind Mark Price (90.4 percent). So, Barry knows his free throws.

”There’s no art to the free throw,” Barry said. “You’re just doing something fundamental. It’s a repetitive motion. The astonishing thing to me is to see these people who don’t have a routine.”

Barry’s underhand routine: “Three bounces, hands on the ball at the same time, relax and take a breath and shoot the shot. Every time. It enables you to not think about winning or losing the game. The focus is on the routine and not the enormity of the situation.”
Quote:
There has been supposition that taller players such as O’Neal and Wallace are at a free-throw disadvantage. Their height puts them closer than other players to the height of the basket and therefore they tend to not put enough arc on the ball.

Barry once helped a teammate, George Johnson of the Golden State Warriors, improve his free-throw percentage by nearly 20 percentage points by having him shoot underhand. ”That’s a pretty good indication that it works,” Barry said.
LA Dodgers, Anaheim Angels, Anaheim Ducks, LA Galaxy, Minnesota TImberwolves, Carolina Panthers smokin.gif

Follow me on Twitter @therantingazn
LA Dodgers, Anaheim Angels, Anaheim Ducks, LA Galaxy, Minnesota TImberwolves, Carolina Panthers smokin.gif

Follow me on Twitter @therantingazn
post #44785 of 93193
says he's not making excuses for DJ then makes more excuses for him roll.gifroll.gif
post #44786 of 93193
If anything, it shows that DJ is mentally weak. Quite obvious in his flip flopping from the Mavs to Clips during the summer
LA Dodgers, Anaheim Angels, Anaheim Ducks, LA Galaxy, Minnesota TImberwolves, Carolina Panthers smokin.gif

Follow me on Twitter @therantingazn
LA Dodgers, Anaheim Angels, Anaheim Ducks, LA Galaxy, Minnesota TImberwolves, Carolina Panthers smokin.gif

Follow me on Twitter @therantingazn
post #44787 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by friscostylez View Post


technically you were making excuses for DJ...

 

If it sounds that way, than so be it. 

 

But honestly, think about it. This is the same shooting coach that has transformed BG into a reputable shooter, and you're expecting him to change the shooting coach. That's radical man. 

 

All I'm saying is that DJ's free throw shooting goes beyond "working Smarter," and "working harder." I'll leave it at that.

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

post #44788 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeking2102 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNeyLiCiouS View Post
 

DJ's form aint even that bad. Like previously stated, i just dont think he's practicing the right way.

 

As a shooter, the most important thing is to understand the mechanics of your shot. So you can fix whatever the issue is when you miss. DJ doesnt look like he understands.

 

Doesn't look like he understands? How did you gather that he "looks" like he doesn't understand? From how he looks on television?

 

Also, when you're 27 years of age, changing your form is extremely hard, and radical.

 

Yah, from television. Are you telling me...that in person, he looks like he gets it to you? Because you have seen him at practice right?

FS (sz 10/10.5):  - LEBRONS ( 7+8 ) - 2k4 TB - XX8s - KOBE IV Inline - MJ Jersey  

 

mon3yliciousx8@yahoo.com

 

http://niketalk.com/classifieds/feedback/index/current/classifieds/user_id/38714

 

For Sale: SZ 10.5 Flyknit Trainers - Multicolor
$250 (USD) or best offer
For Sale: DS 10 SHADOW Is
$525 (USD) or best offer
For Sale: DS 10 BRED XI low
$250 (USD)

FS (sz 10/10.5):  - LEBRONS ( 7+8 ) - 2k4 TB - XX8s - KOBE IV Inline - MJ Jersey  

 

mon3yliciousx8@yahoo.com

 

http://niketalk.com/classifieds/feedback/index/current/classifieds/user_id/38714

 

For Sale: SZ 10.5 Flyknit Trainers - Multicolor
$250 (USD) or best offer
For Sale: DS 10 SHADOW Is
$525 (USD) or best offer
For Sale: DS 10 BRED XI low
$250 (USD)
post #44789 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by friscostylez View Post

famb have you ever try to shoot underhand? it's nothing but airballs for me lol.

I have tried it and completely agree. Feels totally unnatural.
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
post #44790 of 93193
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

not saying dude isn't a good shooting coach but he def not the shooting coach for DJ, perfect for blake tho
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
This thread is locked  
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke