NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke - Page 1551  

post #46501 of 93193
Thanks to these games being postponed it looks like I lost in fantasy this week smh
DS Jordan 1 UNC sizes 9-12 $225 shipped
DS Doernbecher 95s size 8.5-10.5 $260 shipped
DS Jordan 11 72-10 size 7y $200 shipped
DS Jordan 11 72-10 size 11y, 12y, 1y $110 shipped
DS Jordan 1 UNC sizes 9-12 $225 shipped
DS Doernbecher 95s size 8.5-10.5 $260 shipped
DS Jordan 11 72-10 size 7y $200 shipped
DS Jordan 11 72-10 size 11y, 12y, 1y $110 shipped
post #46502 of 93193
Quote:
They aren't obligated to do what you say - they signed a damn contract .. LMAO

Contract? Clearly that doesn't mean a damn thing since lebron is still there while blatt is gone. You really think a piece of paper or a title is enough to make people follow you. You're still stuck on this. Moving right along
post #46503 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by leemelone View Post

Let's drop the military analogy, that's not at all how this works. The coach is not at the top of the totem pole, especially not blatt. Unlike the military these guys aren't obligated to do what you say. It's on the coach to get players to buy in. That's your number one job. If you can't do that you aren't gonna be able to incorporate any of your ideas. Phil used to kiss shaq's *** to an extent because he had to and he was smart enough to know that. It's just the way it is. People come to the arena to see the players not the coaches. The inmates run the asylum.

Yeah, in poorly run organizations. You can spin this HOWEVER you lie....Bottom line his job is to make plays on the court and take orders from his coach. Period. That's why there's a coach. He's not to make subs, call plays, etc. That's the coaches job. You know why Miami succeeded? Pat wasn't having any of this. He empowered spo and while we knew Bron didn't particularly care for him....He was still forced to listen. The spurs, Lakers, bulls, Celtics, etc. ALL never had these problems because their on the same page organizationally. The Cavs are not. They're too busy trying to appease the player and not providing a winning environment. Their inability to check their players is the reason Blatt can't effectively do his job. And EVERYONE in the league sees it.
post #46504 of 93193
Dudes got this plantation mentality in regards to the NBA.

It doesn't work like that, it's a partnership between coach and player.
Aggies Spurs
Aggies Spurs
post #46505 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keko Jones View Post
 

You can apply that to anything ...

 

Like someone else, if the organization doesn't empower their coaches, then you have this fiasco.

 

They aren't obligated to do what you say - they signed a damn contract .. LMAO

 

I can see your argument that this is a superstar driving league but your point of view or at least what you are trying to convey is popestrous .

 

Lebron is not a good leader nor is he a good employee .....

If it took well more than a season – with Pat Riley standing up to LeBron in Spoelstra’s defense and Spoelstra proving himself a good coach – for LeBron to come around to Spoelstra, what chance does Blatt have?

There’s no Riley in Cleveland to defend the coach. LeBron wields more power with the Cavaliers than he did in Miami. Could you really see Dan Gilbert standing up to LeBron about supporting Blatt?

 

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2015/01/02/report-lebron-james-didnt-buy-into-erik-spoelstra-until-well-into-second-season-with-heat/

 

 

exactly these dudes arguing nonsense. riley wouldnt allow him to do what the cavs allowed lebron to do. thats the big difference. 

 

post #46506 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by leemelone View Post


Your concept of authority is warped from what I'm assuming is your military experience. In real life you don't just scream in people's faces and make them do pushups and all of a sudden they respect you. Until you understand that this ain't Vietnam there's nothing to discuss.

But i'm not in the military and I'm sure that's not the way is done anymore ...

 

I'm sure that in Corporate America - either you are part of the team (listen to superiors and exchange ideas)  or you're removed from the team.

 

You don't see superios (GM's DM's CEO's etc) getting aired out by their employees, or being overturned ....

 

You have no leadership concept brother ....

post #46507 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersman3000 View Post

If it took well more than a season – with Pat Riley standing up to LeBron in Spoelstra’s defense and Spoelstra proving himself a good coach – for LeBron to come around to Spoelstra, what chance does Blatt have?



There’s no Riley in Cleveland to defend the coach. LeBron wields more power with the Cavaliers than he did in Miami. Could you really see Dan Gilbert standing up to LeBron about supporting Blatt?



 



http://nba.nbcsports.com/2015/01/02/report-lebron-james-didnt-buy-into-erik-spoelstra-until-well-into-second-season-with-heat/



 



 



exactly these dudes arguing nonsense. riley wouldnt allow him to do what the cavs allowed lebron to do. thats the big difference. 



 



Facts
DS Jordan 1 UNC sizes 9-12 $225 shipped
DS Doernbecher 95s size 8.5-10.5 $260 shipped
DS Jordan 11 72-10 size 7y $200 shipped
DS Jordan 11 72-10 size 11y, 12y, 1y $110 shipped
DS Jordan 1 UNC sizes 9-12 $225 shipped
DS Doernbecher 95s size 8.5-10.5 $260 shipped
DS Jordan 11 72-10 size 7y $200 shipped
DS Jordan 11 72-10 size 11y, 12y, 1y $110 shipped
post #46508 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Friendly View Post

Dudes got this plantation mentality in regards to the NBA.

It doesn't work like that, it's a partnership between coach and player.

what plantation mentality has to do with it?

 

go talk about your boss to random people - lets see what happens.

 

but I'm sure you aren't that dumb ....

post #46509 of 93193

lebron tried to pull that ish in miami , but pat didnt allow it. why he went home because he can run things there and no one can tell him no. lebron doesnt want to be coached he thinks hes the smartest guy in the room and no one should be able to tell him anything or have any authority over him. he thinks he better then he actually is. no one is to good to be coached. 

 

. you dudes arguing otherwise just caping. 

post #46510 of 93193
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14629892/nba-final-unraveling-david-blatt

A surprisingly well written piece that shows what happened (other then the second to last paragraph that says it wasn't anything "said" by Bron and company that got him fired (when what they just spent numerous paragraphs talking about how they never supported him)

Cliff notes;
Cleveland never expected to sign Bron
Blast was hired to coach and develop Wiggins
Bron goes to Cleveland
Players never respected blatt because he was perceived to not have any experience
Players started walking all over him
They fired him because the gm didn't want the players to make blatt the excuse again if they didn't win the championship this year

FS: BLU/GRN (Seahawks) :: FLYKNIT RACERS :: SZ 10.5 DS :: $150 Shipped

FS: OREO V1&V2 :: FLYKNIT RACERS :: SZ 9 DS :: $165 Each Shipped

FS: MC 2.0 :: FLYKNIT RACER ::  SZ 9 DS 

FS: PSNY :: JORDAN...

FS: BLU/GRN (Seahawks) :: FLYKNIT RACERS :: SZ 10.5 DS :: $150 Shipped

FS: OREO V1&V2 :: FLYKNIT RACERS :: SZ 9 DS :: $165 Each Shipped

FS: MC 2.0 :: FLYKNIT RACER ::  SZ 9 DS 

FS: PSNY :: JORDAN...

post #46511 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by leemelone View Post


Contract? Clearly that doesn't mean a damn thing since lebron is still there while blatt is gone. You really think a piece of paper or a title is enough to make people follow you. You're still stuck on this. Moving right along

again my dude - since you are slow - I mean way slow - I mean so slow that you still don't get what we are discussing.

 

Is not about him respecting him - people are going to respect who they want to respect.

 

Is not about following him - since clearly Lebron never followed him.

 

Is about being a Leader and Roll model - is about Lebron just being quiet about the situation with the Media - not airing out personal business.

 

It was not a secret that he wanted blatt gone ... plenty of people that get paid to follow Lebron and have insider information have stated this several times. The problem is about discrediting the coach of your organization every second he could.

 

Again, the Cavs are being held hostage - they are willing to do anything he wants. That's not  cancer I would want in my organization. 

 

TT 86 million ... tell me if thats not highway robbery.

post #46512 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antidope View Post

He's so incompetent!

Was going to say, hard to believe he could win a bunch of Israel league titles and have the success he did with that Russian National team if he didn't know how to draw up a play. LOL.

And as far as his time with the Cavs, we saw LeBron straight up ignore him in timeouts or change things on his own. That would make it tough for anyone to be an effective play caller.
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
post #46513 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersman3000 View Post
 

lebron tried to pull that ish in miami , but pat didnt allow it. why he went home because he can run things there and no one can tell him no. lebron doesnt want to be coached he thinks hes the smartest guy in the room and no one should be able to tell him anything or have any authority over him. he thinks he better then he actually is. no one is to good to be coached. 

 

. you dudes arguing otherwise just caping. 

dude is trying to say this is how america is run now a days ....

 

you can argue and demand stuff to happen and boom it will happen.

 

superiors in the corporate world have to wine and dine and stoke egos in order to get worked done.

 

if you follow you are a person working on a plantation with that mentality ....

 

SMH!!!!

 

Like if that's even arguable ...

post #46514 of 93193
Anybody have any info or rumors as to why ray Allen never went to Cleveland?

FS: BLU/GRN (Seahawks) :: FLYKNIT RACERS :: SZ 10.5 DS :: $150 Shipped

FS: OREO V1&V2 :: FLYKNIT RACERS :: SZ 9 DS :: $165 Each Shipped

FS: MC 2.0 :: FLYKNIT RACER ::  SZ 9 DS 

FS: PSNY :: JORDAN...

FS: BLU/GRN (Seahawks) :: FLYKNIT RACERS :: SZ 10.5 DS :: $150 Shipped

FS: OREO V1&V2 :: FLYKNIT RACERS :: SZ 9 DS :: $165 Each Shipped

FS: MC 2.0 :: FLYKNIT RACER ::  SZ 9 DS 

FS: PSNY :: JORDAN...

post #46515 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragicon View Post

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14629892/nba-final-unraveling-david-blatt

A surprisingly well written piece that shows what happened (other then the second to last paragraph that says it wasn't anything "said" by Bron and company that got him fired (when what they just spent numerous paragraphs talking about how they never supported him)

Cliff notes;
Cleveland never expected to sign Bron
Blast was hired to coach and develop Wiggins
Bron goes to Cleveland
Players never respected blatt because he was perceived to not have any experience
Players started walking all over him
They fired him because the gm didn't want the players to make blatt the excuse again if they didn't win the championship this year

But they gave him another out - it was a rookie coach with a new philosophy and a new system. Lets sell the public on Next year!

post #46516 of 93193
David blatt is not pat riley. He doesn’t have that type of clout. He has to know his role and take a different approach. I highly doubt pat would've endorsed spo if he had lebron in bounding on the last play of the game. That is flat out stupid. Respect is earned when aptitude is proven. If you think it can be written into a contract you are completely lost. Stop trying to make this personal, let's just say I know what I'm talking about from years of professional experience and leave it at that since you want to challenge my credentials.
post #46517 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by leemelone View Post

David blatt is not pat riley. He doesn’t have that type of clout. He has to know his role and take a different approach. I highly doubt pat would've endorsed spo if he had lebron in bounding on the last play of the game. That is flat out stupid. Respect is earned when aptitude is proven. If you think it can be written into a contract you are completely lost. Stop trying to make this personal, let's just say I know what I'm talking about from years of professional experience and leave at that since you want to challenge my credentials.

Again, you aren't saying anything ..

 

I'm challenging your train of thought when in come to subordinates and their actions.

 

What you are saying, has nothing to do with the subject at hand.

 

You still have no logical answer and are spinning your wheels.

 

Since when airing your business an acceptable practice?

 

Just answer me that .......

 

PS. You want me to take your years of professional experience as face value??? :rollin:rollin

Wouldn't that go against everything you have stated about Blatt and his European experience?

:rollin:rollin

 

Be gone CHILD! Your experience mean nothing here, you have to earn the respect with a logical argument or rebuttal, which you have yet to provide!

post #46518 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keko Jones View Post
 

Again, you aren't saying anything ..

 

I'm challenging your train of thought when in come to subordinates and their actions.

 

What you are saying, has nothing to do with the subject at hand.

 

You still have no logical answer and are spinning your wheels.

 

Since when airing your business an acceptable practice?

 

Just answer me that .......

 

PS. You want me to take your years of professional experience as face value??? :rollin:rollin

Wouldn't that go against everything you have stated about Blatt and his European experience?

:rollin:rollin

 

Be gone CHILD! Your experience mean nothing here, you have to earn the respect with a logical argument or rebuttal, which you have yet to provide!

let it go he doesnt know what hes talking bout. cape to tight  cutting off circulation. 

post #46519 of 93193
People still caping for this diva?

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

post #46520 of 93193
Subordinates laugh.gif

Dude Lebron has more juice than almost anybody in the NBA besides Adam Silver.

That's just way it is right now ...deal with it.
Aggies Spurs
Aggies Spurs
post #46521 of 93193
You're basing your whole argument on one statement lebron made a year and a half into blatt's tenure as coach. If you've proven repeatedly that you're not capable of doing your job when in reality I am your superior it's actually my job to call you out on it. You still fail to understand the basic dynamics and that lebron is not the subordinate in this situation which I have repeatedly attempted to explain to you and you refuse to comprehend something as simple as that. Lebron is subordinate to pat riley, not Spoelstra and not blatt. This is how the league works always has always will. When I talk to you behind closed doors and you still act like an idiot I'm putting you on blast because I want you to get fired. You have your answer and you'll continue to be confused because you choose to be remedial. Nothing left to say.
Edited by leemelone - 1/23/16 at 4:55pm
post #46522 of 93193
Lmaoooo Clifford called a timeout just to cuss out PJ Hairston. Damn.
post #46523 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by leemelone View Post

Your basing your whole argument on one statement lebron made a year and a half into blatt's tenure as coach. If you've proven repeatedly that you're not capable of doing your job when in reality I am your superior it's actually my job to call you out on it. You still fail to understand the basic dynamics and that lebron is not the subordinate in this situation which I have repeatedly attempted to explain to you and you refuse to comprehend something as simple as that. This is how the league works always has always will. When I talk to you behind closed doors and you still act like an idiot I'm putting you on blast because I want you to get fired. You have your answer and you'll continue to be confused because you choose to be remedial. Nothing left to say.

a year and a half?

 

I'm done ...

 

I'm sure he didn't have to call him out to get him fired, after all he came back this year AS THE COACH! 

 

You're lost kid.

 

I have no respect for a person that can respect others ..

 

You clearly havent heard SVG - Carlise and countless others disagree with you as well.

 

BYE BYE!

post #46524 of 93193

Wth is wrong with Melo? From stepping out of bounds to missing technical free throws. Cmon son

BROOKLYN BORN

BRONX RAISED

HARLEM EDUCATED

 

"Blue and orange everything, clearly what I'm repping

and the pressure that come with it like I'm wearing number 7"

BROOKLYN BORN

BRONX RAISED

HARLEM EDUCATED

 

"Blue and orange everything, clearly what I'm repping

and the pressure that come with it like I'm wearing number 7"

post #46525 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Based Jesus View Post
 

Wth is wrong with Melo? From stepping out of bounds to missing technical free throws. Cmon son

Carmelo has been very un-Carmelo ....

 

But we have asked him to change, and to his credit, I believe he has to an extend.

post #46526 of 93193
Melo starting to look a lil Steve Francis in the face. Hope my dude is straight.






Them NY winters rough. I know he wants to win. Gotta make some sacrifices b.
One Last Ride
One Last Ride
post #46527 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by leemelone View Post

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Friendly View Post

 

From the horse's MOUTH!

 

"We've been friends since I was 17 years old, but at the end of the day, he's still the coach and I'm underneath him," James said.

post #46528 of 93193
Ain't no way they did this w/o at least talking to LeBron first. laugh.gif
post #46529 of 93193
Someone needs to make this an avy

chris-paul-smacked.gif?w=1000
post #46530 of 93193
Lisa Salters lookin good right here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
This thread is locked  
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke