NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke - Page 1678  

post #50311 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antidope View Post

Sounds like you're just hating man

Not really. I find him amusing at times. I just don't think labelling his act as "realness" is accurate.
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
post #50312 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMatic View Post


https://streamable.com/way4

I need more broadcasters to unload on Byron as the season progresses.

 

I've sat on a few of Don's predraft workouts before. Does some real great, pro simulation type stuff during workouts. I totally believe him when he said that comment about Russell. 

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

post #50313 of 93193

first all black all star game in history yall :hat

post #50314 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand2HandKing View Post

first all black all star game in history yall pimp.gif

What about the splash bro's ?
post #50315 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersman3000 View Post

i wish kobe was gone already man. ive grown to dislike him the more i see him and find out about him sucker punching teammates , then ducking them and ish like this.  pointing fingers at shaq when he got caught up .
 sorry to say but dude is b made. great player tho. i like shaq way more then i like kobe now . i cant rock kobe jerseys anymore. im done with the dude. 

Congratulations. You just earned the @lawdog1 award for best NT Lakers fan. You win a rep and my respect.
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
post #50316 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersman3000 View Post
 

i wish kobe was gone already man. ive grown to dislike him the more i see him and find out about him sucker punching teammates , then ducking them and ish like this.  pointing fingers at shaq when he got caught up .

 sorry to say but dude is b made. great player tho. i like shaq way more then i like kobe now . i cant rock kobe jerseys anymore. im done with the dude. 

 

Damn, this real.

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

post #50317 of 93193
This man has had it
post #50318 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMatic View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog1 View Post

Clippers broadcast team + Don McLean are roasting Byron right now.
https://streamable.com/way4

I need more broadcasters to unload on Byron as the season progresses.
I've always felt that if you take a PG high in the draft, you should give him the keys if you're still far away from contention.

They can sit & watch from the bench & study film all they want to. There's no substitute for in-game experience. Give him the keys & let him go. You're 30 games under .500 man cmon laugh.gif
  
  
post #50319 of 93193

- Like I said before in this thread, I'm completely sold on Towns. Health permitted, he's a star. Franchise cornerstone. 

 

- Last night's explosion by Lance was hardly random. He's been good for the clippers all season. The Core Four plus lance post a 115 offensive rating, with a 95 defensive rating. Somewhere along the line, doc went away from it because, doc. How the Clippers use Lance and Wes in relation to Luc and PP will go a long way in terms of deciding their faith

 

- The thunder are overwhelmingly good. Off of the brilliance of Westbrook and Durant alone they could get into the WCF. However, their defense is something that you have to watch for. They are giving up over 103 points per game in 2016 and it's not like they've had to go through a Murder's row of opponents. Andre Roberson, who on the surface may look insignificant, means quite a bit to this team. Their starting lineup with Roberson post a 113 offensive rating with a 91 defensive rating. It's the thunder's best lineup.That same lineup, with Dion instead of Andre post a defensive rating of a 102. His injury may hurt the thunder more than they think in the coming weeks.

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

post #50320 of 93193
Originally Posted by lawdog1 View Post
Originally Posted by lakersman3000 View Post

i wish kobe was gone already man. ive grown to dislike him the more i see him and find out about him sucker punching teammates , then ducking them and ish like this.  pointing fingers at shaq when he got caught up .
 sorry to say but dude is b made. great player tho. i like shaq way more then i like kobe now . i cant rock kobe jerseys anymore. im done with the dude. 
Congratulations. You just earned the @lawdog1 award for best NT Lakers fan. You win a rep and my respect.

Welp, there they are. My jimmies. All rustled and what not.

 

Been feeling what he said FOR YEARS. Been doing it since ADIDAS!! Cant even post in my own team's thread because they're all (mostly) drinking the Farewell Kool-Aid.

 

But nah. Don't count.  :{ 

 

:lol 

4L 8O 15S16 T23 !42
L. A. A N G E L S, L. A. L A K E R S, U K W I L D C A T S, L. A. R A M S, L. A. S P A R K S.
"This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs...
4L 8O 15S16 T23 !42
L. A. A N G E L S, L. A. L A K E R S, U K W I L D C A T S, L. A. R A M S, L. A. S P A R K S.
"This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs...
post #50321 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeking2102 View Post


- The thunder are overwhelmingly good. Off of the brilliance of Westbrook and Durant alone they could get into the WCF. However, their defense is something that you have to watch for. They are giving up over 103 points per game in 2016 and it's not like they've had to go through a Murder's row of opponents. Andre Roberson, who on the surface may look insignificant, means quite a bit to this team. Their starting lineup with Roberson post a 113 offensive rating with a 91 defensive rating. It's the thunder's best lineup.That same lineup, with Dion instead of Andre post a defensive rating of a 102. His injury may hurt the thunder more than they think in the coming weeks.
I don't know how you beat the Spurs or Warriors 4 times if you're only an average defensive team, and 1 of your 2 best players has a tendency to throw away possessions with questionable shots.

And as far as Roberson, in a seven game series against an elite defensive team, he's gonna be unplayable. He can't dribble shoot or pass. He's gonna make life harder for their stars. So they need to figure it out without him. They don't want the playoffs to be the first time they have to play without him.

Now that's a catch 22 because I just said they're an average defensive team & in the same breath I said they'll have to sit one of their top defenders.

So in the end what you have is a fatally flawed team.
  
  
post #50322 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog1 View Post

Congratulations. You just earned the @lawdog1 award for best NT Lakers fan. You win a rep and my respect.

1373672217_image.gif
post #50323 of 93193
Originally Posted by leemelone View Post
Originally Posted by lawdog1 View Post

Congratulations. You just earned the @lawdog1 award for best NT Lakers fan. You win a rep and my respect.
1373672217_image.gif

Right?

 

Super repped. :lol 

4L 8O 15S16 T23 !42
L. A. A N G E L S, L. A. L A K E R S, U K W I L D C A T S, L. A. R A M S, L. A. S P A R K S.
"This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs...
4L 8O 15S16 T23 !42
L. A. A N G E L S, L. A. L A K E R S, U K W I L D C A T S, L. A. R A M S, L. A. S P A R K S.
"This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs...
post #50324 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by pums View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand2HandKing View Post

first all black all star game in history yall pimp.gif

What about the splash bro's ?

1% rule

post #50325 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Van Ho View Post

This man has had it

roll.gif

"I apologize, turns out it was not the Thunder's year.  I wish they hadn't played the games"

 

 

"I apologize, turns out it was not the Thunder's year.  I wish they hadn't played the games"

 

 

post #50326 of 93193
And @shoeking2102 I don't know where you found that Andre Roberson news, or stat or article, but please man, don't ever repeat that their Best lineup is with Roberson because it yields a 91 defensive rating, you will get murdered in the streets.


You're cool so I want to help you out here, Roberson can't and should not be played, I don't care what kind of numbers can be found to support it(though I don't believe there is any legit support numbers wise for playing him)

The Roberson pick is probably the first nail in Presti's coffin. Please don't go look at who got drafted after a 2nd round Roberson who was taken in the 1st round

"I apologize, turns out it was not the Thunder's year.  I wish they hadn't played the games"

 

 

"I apologize, turns out it was not the Thunder's year.  I wish they hadn't played the games"

 

 

post #50327 of 93193
How do you draft a 3 and D guy that can't shoot or defend?

That's like a prostitute that doesn't give brain or allow penetration.

I think OKC feels like they have to play him because they drafted him. Actually, I don't know why OKC plays him, lost on this one. Dude is terrible at everything. Not sure but taking a guess, I bet he shoots 14% from 3pt and is top 5 in the League in points given up per game to opposing SG's, our 3 and D guy.

"I apologize, turns out it was not the Thunder's year.  I wish they hadn't played the games"

 

 

"I apologize, turns out it was not the Thunder's year.  I wish they hadn't played the games"

 

 

post #50328 of 93193


go to 2:00 nerd.gif

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

post #50329 of 93193
My guy Lance showing up last night. Would be shocked if he logged another minute the rest of the season doe.
post #50330 of 93193

post #50331 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by a-friend View Post

And @shoeking2102 I don't know where you found that Andre Roberson news, or stat or article, but please man, don't ever repeat that their Best lineup is with Roberson because it yields a 91 defensive rating, you will get murdered in the streets.


You're cool so I want to help you out here, Roberson can't and should not be played, I don't care what kind of numbers can be found to support it(though I don't believe there is any legit support numbers wise for playing him)

The Roberson pick is probably the first nail in Presti's coffin. Please don't go look at who got drafted after a 2nd round Roberson who was taken in the 1st round

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by a-friend View Post

How do you draft a 3 and D guy that can't shoot or defend?

That's like a prostitute that doesn't give brain or allow penetration.

I think OKC feels like they have to play him because they drafted him. Actually, I don't know why OKC plays him, lost on this one. Dude is terrible at everything. Not sure but taking a guess, I bet he shoots 14% from 3pt and is top 5 in the League in points given up per game to opposing SG's, our 3 and D guy.

 

This is your team, so I'm going to let you live. 

 

Sike

 

The Thunder are a below average defense. However, in over 500 minutes together this season, the thunder starting 5 with Roberson post a 91 defensive rating. That is literally top 3 in the entire NBA.

 

If you can't see the value in that, then I don't know what to tell you. Now as steelo alluded to, playing GSW, or SAS or LAC in a 7 gamer may alter his value, but that's why the Thunder are flawed. They are borderline horrid defensively when he isn't on the floor, and borderline elite defensively when he is. 

 

And I don't know where you're getting that Andre can't defend. The eye test supports it, and defenders are shooting 6% lower when guarded by Roberson this year. 

 

The Thunder this year are a +22 when Roberson is on the floor. Among lineups that have played over 500 minutes together this year, that's basically tops in the league. Now the fact the Thunder's best lineups entail having Roberson on the floor again alludes to how fatally constructed this team is, but there's no denying that he's important to what they do.


Edited by shoeking2102 - 1/30/16 at 10:41am

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

post #50332 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by ill steelo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMatic View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog1 View Post

Clippers broadcast team + Don McLean are roasting Byron right now.
https://streamable.com/way4

I need more broadcasters to unload on Byron as the season progresses.
I've always felt that if you take a PG high in the draft, you should give him the keys if you're still far away from contention.

They can sit & watch from the bench & study film all they want to. There's no substitute for in-game experience. Give him the keys & let him go. You're 30 games under .500 man cmon laugh.gif


His numbers Per36 are well above solid for a Rookie PG.

It pisses me off thinking how much significantly better he'd be if he was given the keys, allowed to make mistakes without being pulled, and communication with his coach instead of Byron being a horrible coach.
TEAM A BUNCH OF THINGS
Twitter - @EssentialShow
Instagram - MarshallLaw518
TEAM A BUNCH OF THINGS
Twitter - @EssentialShow
Instagram - MarshallLaw518
post #50333 of 93193
Ha Kobe doing exactly what he said he wouldn't do on Kimmel

Thanks for posting that
post #50334 of 93193
Originally Posted by nickmaz96 View Post



go to 2:00 nerd.gif

"When you do retire, are you gonna do that thing, where go on a good will tour of all the teams you've played against?

 

"That's just not in my nature, man. ... I don't want to play through a year where everybody knows you're retiring, and kind of give you the whole swan song."

 

And yet... :lol

 

And people scoff when I tell them I don't trust a damn thing athletes say in interviews and post game pressers and what not.

 

They say what needs to be heard for the moment.

4L 8O 15S16 T23 !42
L. A. A N G E L S, L. A. L A K E R S, U K W I L D C A T S, L. A. R A M S, L. A. S P A R K S.
"This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs...
4L 8O 15S16 T23 !42
L. A. A N G E L S, L. A. L A K E R S, U K W I L D C A T S, L. A. R A M S, L. A. S P A R K S.
"This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs...
post #50335 of 93193
Roberson is a good defender but being a bad shooter on an isolation heavy team like OKC isn't a good fit.

Ideally, bazemore is the answer
post #50336 of 93193
Ska didn't delete the green thing that takes you back to the original post when he quoted me nerd.gifeek.gif

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

post #50337 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeking2102 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by a-friend View Post

And @shoeking2102 I don't know where you found that Andre Roberson news, or stat or article, but please man, don't ever repeat that their Best lineup is with Roberson because it yields a 91 defensive rating, you will get murdered in the streets.



You're cool so I want to help you out here, Roberson can't and should not be played, I don't care what kind of numbers can be found to support it(though I don't believe there is any legit support numbers wise for playing him)


The Roberson pick is probably the first nail in Presti's coffin. Please don't go look at who got drafted after a 2nd round Roberson who was taken in the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by a-friend View Post

How do you draft a 3 and D guy that can't shoot or defend?


That's like a prostitute that doesn't give brain or allow penetration.


I think OKC feels like they have to play him because they drafted him. Actually, I don't know why OKC plays him, lost on this one. Dude is terrible at everything. Not sure but taking a guess, I bet he shoots 14% from 3pt and is top 5 in the League in points given up per game to opposing SG's, our 3 and D guy.

This is your team, so I'm going to let you live. 

Sike

The Thunder are a below average defense. However, in over 500 minutes together this season, the thunder starting 5 with Roberson post a 91 defensive rating. That is literally top 3 in the entire NBA.

If you can't see the value in that, then I don't know what to tell you. Now as steelo alluded to, playing GSW, or SAS or LAC in a 7 gamer may alter his value, but that's why the Thunder are flawed. They are borderline horrid defensively when he isn't on the floor, and borderline elite defensively when he is. 

And I don't know where you're getting that Andre can't defend. The eye test supports it, and defenders are shooting 6% lower when guarded by Roberson this year. 

The Thunder this year are a +22 when Roberson is on the floor. Among lineups that have played over 500 minutes together this year, that's basically tops in the league. Now the fact the Thunder's best lineups entail having Roberson on the floor again alludes to how fatally constructed this team is, but there's no denying that he's important to what they do.
They've played the Spurs & Warriors a combined 1 game, and that was on opening night. Those stats are meaningless when predicting how they would fare against those 2 in a playoff series.

I highly doubt Roberson will be in the rotation by the end of a series against either team.
  
  
post #50338 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSka View Post

Welp, there they are. My jimmies. All rustled and what not.

Been feeling what he said FOR YEARS. Been doing it since ADIDAS!! Cant even post in my own team's thread because they're all (mostly) drinking the Farewell Kool-Aid.

But nah. Don't count.  mean.gif  

laugh.gif  

Sorry, ska. Moderators are exempt from consideration for the lawdog1 awards. Rules are rules.
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
post #50339 of 93193
So, these numbers you found have Thunder as a TOP THREE defense, with Roberson on the floor? Right.....

roll.gif let me see these numbers bro, that's BS

"I apologize, turns out it was not the Thunder's year.  I wish they hadn't played the games"

 

 

"I apologize, turns out it was not the Thunder's year.  I wish they hadn't played the games"

 

 

post #50340 of 93193

farewell koolaid is a top 1 thirst quencher 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
This thread is locked  
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke