NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke - Page 1679  

post #50341 of 93193
So if the cavs beat the spurs tonight.....
wanted: finishline winners circle rewards
wanted: finishline winners circle rewards
post #50342 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by ill steelo View Post


They've played the Spurs & Warriors a combined 1 game, and that was on opening night. Those stats are meaningless when predicting how they would fare against those 2 in a playoff series.

I highly doubt Roberson will be in the rotation by the end of the series.

 

*2 games, but I'm agreeing with you :lol

 

The stats I'm using aren't to prove that they would best GSW or SAS in a 7 game series. I agree that he won't be playable. 

 

What I typed, was a long winded way of saying A-friend isn't gripping how important he is to their success thus far this season. I'm not putting any of that barring however, on how they'll perform against the elite in the playoffs. But over the course of 82? He's absolutely been vital to their great season thus far.

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

post #50343 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by a-friend View Post

So, these numbers you found have Thunder as a TOP THREE defense, with Roberson on the floor? Right.....

roll.gif let me see these numbers bro, that's BS

 

http://stats.nba.com/league/lineups/#!/advanced/

 

 

Among lineups that have played 500 minutes or more together this season, there hasn't been five teams with a better defensive rating than OKC with Roberson on the floor. But again, that's why they are flawed.

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

post #50344 of 93193
My man said borderline elite defensively for one(impossible)but borderline elite with Roberson on the floor(impossible)

You need to take a break from the per and DFR and yield to steal ratios and do this, pick any Thunder game this year, go watch the whole 1st quarter, and tell me what is "elite" about Roberson or the OKC defense with him on the floor.

Not only can Roberson not score, HE CANT DEFNED, I don't care what these stats of your say.


Post the stats though.....post these links and stuff you have, I need to see what your looking at, so I can never use their stats for DFS, ever

"I apologize, turns out it was not the Thunder's year.  I wish they hadn't played the games"

 

 

"I apologize, turns out it was not the Thunder's year.  I wish they hadn't played the games"

 

 

post #50345 of 93193
Which chicago bulls fan wins the lawdog1 awards? nerd.gif
post #50346 of 93193
Originally Posted by amel223

Which chicago bulls fan wins the lawdog1 awards? nerd.gif

Who hates Rose the most?

4L 8O 15S16 T23 !42
L. A. A N G E L S, L. A. L A K E R S, U K W I L D C A T S, L. A. R A M S, L. A. S P A R K S.
"This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs...
4L 8O 15S16 T23 !42
L. A. A N G E L S, L. A. L A K E R S, U K W I L D C A T S, L. A. R A M S, L. A. S P A R K S.
"This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs...
post #50347 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by a-friend View Post

My man said borderline elite defensively for one(impossible)but borderline elite with Roberson on the floor(impossible)

You need to take a break from the per and DFR and yield to steal ratios and do this, pick any Thunder game this year, go watch the whole 1st quarter, and tell me what is "elite" about Roberson or the OKC defense with him on the floor.

Not only can Roberson not score, HE CANT DEFNED, I don't care what these stats of your say.


Post the stats though.....post these links and stuff you have, I need to see what your looking at, so I can never use their stats for DFS, ever

 

I mean, I don't know what to say :lol

 

Maybe their starting five defensive rating with Roberson is a massive lie and it's all just horse **** man lolololol he has nothing to do with it since he CANT DEFEND

 

Maybe opponents missing against him is pure luck or something lol because he CANT DEFEND then obviously he's just lucky lololol

 

you got it.

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

post #50348 of 93193
Um not trying to beat you up, I'm just shocked to hear
1. OKC will miss Roberson
2. Thunder is elite with him on the floor
3. OKC is top 3 or anything with Roberson


I'm shocked when I hear such things, because some .com said so. I'm shocked because 1. Of course you know I actually watch him and them and 2. I don't think I've seen any player at any position (Kanter included) give up more career highs than Roberson has, this year alone.

I'm leaving the office though, first thing I'm going to do when I get home is look at this link you dropped

"I apologize, turns out it was not the Thunder's year.  I wish they hadn't played the games"

 

 

"I apologize, turns out it was not the Thunder's year.  I wish they hadn't played the games"

 

 

post #50349 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by amel223 View Post

Which chicago bulls fan wins the lawdog1 awards? nerd.gif

You. Because you took the initiative to ask.
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
post #50350 of 93193

Wait, lakersman ain't ask!!!

 

It's some bull, man.

 

*flips table*

 

:lol

4L 8O 15S16 T23 !42
L. A. A N G E L S, L. A. L A K E R S, U K W I L D C A T S, L. A. R A M S, L. A. S P A R K S.
"This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs...
4L 8O 15S16 T23 !42
L. A. A N G E L S, L. A. L A K E R S, U K W I L D C A T S, L. A. R A M S, L. A. S P A R K S.
"This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs...
post #50351 of 93193
When someone says 'go watch any first quarter' I almost want to tell them to 'go watch quarters 2-4' because you just gave your 25% viewing habits away laugh.gif
mpls
mpls
post #50352 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog1 View Post


You. Because you took the initiative to ask.


What Blazers fan? Me or Ches 8o

post #50353 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbackhoney View Post


What Blazers fan? Me or Ches nerd.gif

Man, no way I can give Chester "Number 1 Clipper Hater" McFloppy any award. You got it.
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
post #50354 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog1 View Post


Man, no way I can give Chester "Number 1 Clipper Hater" McFloppy any award. You got it.

:hat

post #50355 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobleKane View Post

So if the cavs beat the spurs tonight.....

I don't think it would really mean anything.

I've said this before, but this whole season is basically a wash to me besides the Western Conference Finals between the Warriors and Spurs. There's nobody beating either team IMO. Westbrook and Durant would have to have two of the most legendary performances ever vs either of them to have a chance. And even then...I don't think there's any chance in hell that the Thunder could beat the Spurs in a 7 game series THEN have to beat the Warriors in a 7 game series right after.

The only thing that could shake this season up is if some major trades go down.
post #50356 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by a-friend View Post

Um not trying to beat you up, I'm just shocked to hear
1. OKC will miss Roberson
2. Thunder is elite with him on the floor
3. OKC is top 3 or anything with Roberson


I'm shocked when I hear such things, because some .com said so. I'm shocked because 1. Of course you know I actually watch him and them and 2. I don't think I've seen any player at any position (Kanter included) give up more career highs than Roberson has, this year alone.

I'm leaving the office though, first thing I'm going to do when I get home is look at this link you dropped

 

You're screaming selection bias.


The numbers are what they are. Those are the facts. How one interprets them is subjective, but The Thunder's defensive rating is through the room with their starting five that includes Roberson.

 

So you saying He can't defend because of what you see...yeah something isn't adding up. You're watching with a bias towards Roberson's ineptness on both ends.

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

post #50357 of 93193
Originally Posted by lawdog1 View Post
Originally Posted by Silverbackhoney View Post

What Blazers fan? Me or Ches nerd.gif
Man, no way I can give Chester "Number 1 Clipper Hater" McFloppy any award. You got it.

You just gave him an award while saying you can't give him an award. :lol 

 

*Kanye shrug*

4L 8O 15S16 T23 !42
L. A. A N G E L S, L. A. L A K E R S, U K W I L D C A T S, L. A. R A M S, L. A. S P A R K S.
"This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs...
4L 8O 15S16 T23 !42
L. A. A N G E L S, L. A. L A K E R S, U K W I L D C A T S, L. A. R A M S, L. A. S P A R K S.
"This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs...
post #50358 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSka View Post
 

Wait, lakersman ain't ask!!!

 

It's some bull, man.

 

*flips table*

 

:lol

you can get the Sea Manup Lakers Fan award presented by ESPN Stats and Info

 

presented to the best lakers fan who is also a mod, above the age of 40 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

post #50359 of 93193
I think the "My turn, your turn" offense with Durant and Westbrook could work against the Warriors a la LeBron last year in the Finals. Westbrook probably isn't disciplined enough though.
post #50360 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeking2102 View Post
 
 

http://stats.nba.com/league/lineups/#!/advanced/

 

 

 

Now, I'm not too privy to these type of lists but, just click the link and look at the 1st 5 teams and who is there and who is not. (this isn't a red flag for you?)

 

Now, see the column that says "defrtg", click that and it puts them in order from 1-30,  and now tell me who is top 5, and where the Thunder ranks in defrtg, the stat you were discussing.

 

 

Ok, now back to your point, lets say this stat you post is correct and you are reading it right, is it not the same for me to say that that defensive rating can be atributed to anybody in the starting 5, not Roberson alone or specifically.

 

You make a case that they are top 3(which we now find to be incorrect) with Roberson on the floor, why can't I say they are top 3(which they are not) with Ibaka on the floor, or KD, or Russ, or Adams.

"I apologize, turns out it was not the Thunder's year.  I wish they hadn't played the games"

 

 

"I apologize, turns out it was not the Thunder's year.  I wish they hadn't played the games"

 

 

post #50361 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMatic View Post

I think the "My turn, your turn" offense with Durant and Westbrook could work against the Warriors a la LeBron last year in the Finals. Westbrook probably isn't disciplined enough though.

It could maybe work in one series vs the Spurs or Warriors...but could it work vs somebody like the Clippers in the first round then BOTH the Spurs and Warriors in back to back series just to get to the Finals?
post #50362 of 93193
Worth noting that the Thunder have had the Spurs number in recent years, they just haven't been healthy. I know the supporting cast/team outside of KD, Westbrook, and Ibaka are different, but they've retained the top 3 from that.

Spurs have improved (Kawhi, LA) and gotten worse in spots (Parker, etc. not the same as they were in year's past).
mpls
mpls
post #50363 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Em View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMatic View Post

I think the "My turn, your turn" offense with Durant and Westbrook could work against the Warriors a la LeBron last year in the Finals. Westbrook probably isn't disciplined enough though.

It could maybe work in one series vs the Spurs or Warriors...but could it work vs somebody like the Clippers in the first round then BOTH the Spurs and Warriors in back to back series just to get to the Finals?
I think they'll compete, no matter who they play. Beat? Who knows because the west is tough.
post #50364 of 93193
Originally Posted by sea manup
Originally Posted by DarthSka
 

Wait, lakersman ain't ask!!!

 

It's some bull, man.

 

*flips table*

 

:lol

you can get the Sea Manup Lakers Fan award presented by ESPN Stats and Info

 

presented to the best lakers fan who is also a mod, above the age of 40 

Awwwww, yeaaaa...

 

... wait, what?

 

:|

 

 

Ain't eem 40, though.

4L 8O 15S16 T23 !42
L. A. A N G E L S, L. A. L A K E R S, U K W I L D C A T S, L. A. R A M S, L. A. S P A R K S.
"This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs...
4L 8O 15S16 T23 !42
L. A. A N G E L S, L. A. L A K E R S, U K W I L D C A T S, L. A. R A M S, L. A. S P A R K S.
"This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs...
post #50365 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSka View Post
 
Originally Posted by sea manup
Originally Posted by DarthSka
 

Wait, lakersman ain't ask!!!

 

It's some bull, man.

 

*flips table*

 

:lol

you can get the Sea Manup Lakers Fan award presented by ESPN Stats and Info

 

presented to the best lakers fan who is also a mod, above the age of 40 

Awwwww, yeaaaa...

 

... wait, what?

 

:|

 

 

Ain't eem 40, though.

it says "above the age of 40" not just 40 so don't worry you're good 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

post #50366 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeking2102 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by a-friend View Post

 

 

You're screaming selection bias.


The numbers are what they are. Those are the facts. 

It's not the facts though.

Your link you posted says the same.

 

Your link shows OKC in position #3 for some reason I cannot decipher, but it AINT defense. But quite simply put, First thiing I did was click the defrtg tab to assort them from 1-30, and they are not #3 bro.

 

HEre is the deftg from 1-30, and those lineups(what are those?) some of those aren't even starting lineups

 

here is what I see ranking wise(tell me where I'm wrong because I might be reading it wrong bro)

 

http://stats.nba.com/league/lineups/#!/advanced/?sort=DEF_RATING&dir=-1

"I apologize, turns out it was not the Thunder's year.  I wish they hadn't played the games"

 

 

"I apologize, turns out it was not the Thunder's year.  I wish they hadn't played the games"

 

 

post #50367 of 93193
Bulls players getting their way, probably because you know, Hoiberg got hired to the NBA despite his Iowa State team losing to a 14-seed and otherwise relatively little tournament success.

Quote:
K.C. Johnson @KCJHoop
Same starters vs. Clippers. Moore again in 3-guard look.


Not that I wouldn't take Hoiberg right now over Sam Mitchell if there was the chance to swap.
mpls
mpls
post #50368 of 93193
Originally Posted by sea manup
Originally Posted by DarthSka
Originally Posted by sea manup

you can get the Sea Manup Lakers Fan award presented by ESPN Stats and Info

 

presented to the best lakers fan who is also a mod, above the age of 40 

Awwwww, yeaaaa...

 

... wait, what?

 

:|

 

 

Ain't eem 40, though.

it says "above the age of 40" not just 40 so don't worry you're good 

 

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

4L 8O 15S16 T23 !42
L. A. A N G E L S, L. A. L A K E R S, U K W I L D C A T S, L. A. R A M S, L. A. S P A R K S.
"This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs...
4L 8O 15S16 T23 !42
L. A. A N G E L S, L. A. L A K E R S, U K W I L D C A T S, L. A. R A M S, L. A. S P A R K S.
"This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs...
post #50369 of 93193
Damn famb I have been waiting for feb 6th for a min but all the Superbowl events are in my backyard smh

Btw It aint yall year
post #50370 of 93193
Should've never gave ya'll access to advanced stats!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
This thread is locked  
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke