NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke - Page 1755  

post #52621 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by erupt107th View Post


But but but but the league would NEVER do this!

Where's the dude that was arguing with me anout this a couple weeks ago? roll.gif

:rollin interested in seeing what happens with this. 

 

its bad for the league as far as entertainment value. dont nobody want to watch 3 and half hour long games and dudes just shooting freethrows. boring af. when they start doing that nonsense i change the channel. 

post #52622 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngwolf View Post

This game is freaking terrible right now.

imagine watching this **** 82 times a year

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

post #52623 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersman3000 View Post
 

its bad for the league as far as entertainment value. dont nobody want to watch 3 and half hour long games and dudes just shooting freethrows. boring af. 

if entertainment is the only thing that matters at the end of the day, then F it dunks are worth 3 points too. and lets get rid of traveling so we can really see some high flying dunks while were at it. its good for business.

 

 

 

not a shot at you... just saying where that logic leads

PSN: TEKtheMAESTRO || Twitter: TEKtheMAESTRO || Everything: TEKtheMAESTRO

 

PSN: TEKtheMAESTRO || Twitter: TEKtheMAESTRO || Everything: TEKtheMAESTRO

 

post #52624 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEKtheMAESTRO View Post
 

if entertainment is the only thing that matters at the end of the day, then F it dunks are worth 3 points too. and lets get rid of traveling so we can really see some high flying dunks while were at it. its good for business.

 

 

 

not a shot at you... just saying where that logic leads

that nots even close to being the same thing and you know it. 

post #52625 of 93193

damn i havent seen a knicks game in a minute but they look horrible. wtf is going on with porzingus. 

post #52626 of 93193
I'm pretty sure Melo gives zero dambs that he plays meaningless games every night instead of taking a little less money to be in contention for a ring somewhere.

Fisher shouldn't even have a job right now. It's crazy that the two greatest coaches of my generation (Phil Jackson and Belicheck) have not had one competent coach I can think of come from their coaching tree besides maybe BOB.
post #52627 of 93193
Anybody think removing reviews and any timeouts for the last 3 minutes of the game is a good idea? Sounds awesome to me.

FS: BLU/GRN (Seahawks) :: FLYKNIT RACERS :: SZ 10.5 DS :: $150 Shipped

FS: OREO V1&V2 :: FLYKNIT RACERS :: SZ 9 DS :: $165 Each Shipped

FS: MC 2.0 :: FLYKNIT RACER ::  SZ 9 DS 

FS: PSNY :: JORDAN...

FS: BLU/GRN (Seahawks) :: FLYKNIT RACERS :: SZ 10.5 DS :: $150 Shipped

FS: OREO V1&V2 :: FLYKNIT RACERS :: SZ 9 DS :: $165 Each Shipped

FS: MC 2.0 :: FLYKNIT RACER ::  SZ 9 DS 

FS: PSNY :: JORDAN...

post #52628 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEKtheMAESTRO View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peep Game View Post

Came from behind and stole the victory from either Jeff Teague or Brandon Knight smokin.gif
its hilarious that no one even remembers what happened.

Besides Bev winning and the dunk contest providing some interest it hasn't had in years, I don't remember a single thing else. Nothing from the All Star game itself, nor who performed laugh.gif
Houston Texans Seattle Seahawks Houston Rockets
Seattle Supersonics Houston Oilers
Houston Texans Seattle Seahawks Houston Rockets
Seattle Supersonics Houston Oilers
post #52629 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersman3000 View Post
 

that nots even close to being the same thing and you know it. 

why not? if we can change the game for 10 players "for entertainment value's" sake... why not?  F it, if entertainment value is king, then lets double down

PSN: TEKtheMAESTRO || Twitter: TEKtheMAESTRO || Everything: TEKtheMAESTRO

 

PSN: TEKtheMAESTRO || Twitter: TEKtheMAESTRO || Everything: TEKtheMAESTRO

 

post #52630 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragicon View Post

Anybody think removing reviews and any timeouts for the last 3 minutes of the game is a good idea? Sounds awesome to me.

Last 3 minutes of a game would be the most crucial for reviews, no?

"A wise man will be a master of his mind. A fool will be its slave"

 

Derrick Rose #KeepBelieving

 

"A wise man will be a master of his mind. A fool will be its slave"

 

Derrick Rose #KeepBelieving

 

post #52631 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEKtheMAESTRO View Post

why not? if we can change the game for 10 players "for entertainment value's" sake... why not?  F it, if entertainment value is king, then lets double down
because entertainment is the actual basketball game . I don't even like playing like that in video games .never liked that street ball ish . i want to see basketball not a free throw contest . obviously I'm not alone on this either. I was fine with it but I won't watch a game where the hack a whoever is being used. That's not basketball I'll change the channel . your argument is way off
post #52632 of 93193
This TNT lineup is trash tonight laugh.gif

Watching the 2011 All Star Game on NBA TV instead smokin.gif
post #52633 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersman3000 View Post

damn i havent seen a knicks game in a minute but they look horrible. wtf is going on with porzingus. 
Probably has dead legs. People take for granted how good well conditioned you have to be to play against the worlds best athletes 82 times + playoffs.

The infamous rookie wall is caused by these guys not being conditioned enough yet.
  
  
post #52634 of 93193
Y'all don't even know what the rule change is. They might just limit it to the 2nd half or something. Not get rid of it completely.

Teams used to mostly use it when they were down big or in the 4th quarter. It's a little ridiculous when they're just using it throughout the entire game.

I feel like the teams that get hacked have done a terrible job adjusting though.
post #52635 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmaz96 View Post

imagine watching this **** 82 times a year

Why do you do this to yourself?
post #52636 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersman3000 View Post


because entertainment is the actual basketball game . I don't even like playing like that in video games .never liked that street ball ish . i want to see basketball not a damn free throw contest . obviously I'm not alone on this either . your argument is way off

 

like i said it wasn't a shot at you. just that its poor logic to say "lets change the rules for 10 players for entertainment's sake" becuz you could use that same logic on something as silly as "dunks are now worth 3 points" meaning players would go for it more. if logic is sound, it can be applied to any relevant situation. therefore, changing foul rules so a came can be more entertaining down the stretch, is in the exact same bucket as encouraging more dunks. all for the sake of entertainment value

PSN: TEKtheMAESTRO || Twitter: TEKtheMAESTRO || Everything: TEKtheMAESTRO

 

PSN: TEKtheMAESTRO || Twitter: TEKtheMAESTRO || Everything: TEKtheMAESTRO

 

post #52637 of 93193
This game is trash
post #52638 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmaz96 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmaz96 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmaz96 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmaz96 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmaz96 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmaz96 View Post

avy/sig check

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

post #52639 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEKtheMAESTRO View Post

like i said it wasn't a shot at you. just that its poor logic to say "lets change the rules for 10 players for entertainment's sake" becuz you could use that same logic on something as silly as "dunks are now worth 3 points" meaning players would go for it more. if logic is sound, it can be applied to any relevant situation. therefore, changing foul rules so a came can be more entertaining down the stretch, is in the exact same bucket as encouraging more dunks. all for the sake of entertainment value
I understand what your saying I don't agree though . if I was a coach using it I would have no complaints.anything to gain an advantage .
As a fan though it's just a turn off for me
post #52640 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEKtheMAESTRO View Post
 

 

like i said it wasn't a shot at you. just that its poor logic to say "lets change the rules for 10 players for entertainment's sake" becuz you could use that same logic on something as silly as "dunks are now worth 3 points" meaning players would go for it more. if logic is sound, it can be applied to any relevant situation. therefore, changing foul rules so a came can be more entertaining down the stretch, is in the exact same bucket as encouraging more dunks. all for the sake of entertainment value

I don't think it's for entertainment though. The reason why fouling exists in basketball is so players who create unnecessary contact are penalized. Hack-a-whoever removes the "penalize" part. Players are not meant to want to foul, it should be a penalty. That's how the game was created, along with travel, double dribble etc.

"A wise man will be a master of his mind. A fool will be its slave"

 

Derrick Rose #KeepBelieving

 

"A wise man will be a master of his mind. A fool will be its slave"

 

Derrick Rose #KeepBelieving

 

post #52641 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragicon View Post

Anybody think removing reviews and any timeouts for the last 3 minutes of the game is a good idea? Sounds awesome to me.

Not necessarily reviews, but I've always felt that it would be awesome to get rid of timeouts in the final minute.

They call him the young wolf. They say he rides into battle on the back of giant direwolf. They say he can turn into a wolf himself when he wants. They say he can't be killed.

They call him the young wolf. They say he rides into battle on the back of giant direwolf. They say he can turn into a wolf himself when he wants. They say he can't be killed.

post #52642 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngwolf View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragicon View Post

Anybody think removing reviews and any timeouts for the last 3 minutes of the game is a good idea? Sounds awesome to me.

Not necessarily reviews, but I've always felt that it would be awesome to get rid of timeouts in the final minute.

This isn't a serious post. Right?
post #52643 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by amel223 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngwolf View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragicon View Post

Anybody think removing reviews and any timeouts for the last 3 minutes of the game is a good idea? Sounds awesome to me.

Not necessarily reviews, but I've always felt that it would be awesome to get rid of timeouts in the final minute.

This isn't a serious post. Right?

takes away from the fans enjoyment of the game

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

post #52644 of 93193
Please rid of the ability to call back to back timeouts.
post #52645 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrand15 View Post

Y'all don't even know what the rule change is. They might just limit it to the 2nd half or something. Not get rid of it completely.

Teams used to mostly use it when they were down big or in the 4th quarter. It's a little ridiculous when they're just using it throughout the entire game.

I feel like the teams that get hacked have done a terrible job adjusting though.

I kind of agree with what JVG has said about this. If off-ball fouling is not ok during the last two minutes of the game, it shouldn't be legal at all. If a guy touches the ball or is setting a pick, hack away. Just cut out hugging dudes when they're on the other side of the court from the ball.

Yes, I realized that as a fan of the team with DeAndre Jordan on it my opinion on this issue is likely to be viewed as a little biased, but I really think what I said about the rule makes sense and is good for the game.
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
post #52646 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersman3000 View Post

This game is trash

2011 All Star game (Kobe MVP) on NBA TV smokin.gif
post #52647 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by ai3mac1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEKtheMAESTRO View Post

 

like i said it wasn't a shot at you. just that its poor logic to say "lets change the rules for 10 players for entertainment's sake" becuz you could use that same logic on something as silly as "dunks are now worth 3 points" meaning players would go for it more. if logic is sound, it can be applied to any relevant situation. therefore, changing foul rules so a came can be more entertaining down the stretch, is in the exact same bucket as encouraging more dunks. all for the sake of entertainment value
I don't think it's for entertainment though. The reason why fouling exists in basketball is so players who create unnecessary contact are penalized. Hack-a-whoever removes the "penalize" part. Players are not meant to want to foul, it should be a penalty. That's how the game was created, along with travel, double dribble etc.

I said this weeks ago. The point of having a penalty after four fouls was to deter teams/players from fouling and to penalize them they did it escessively. Teams are now voluntarily getting in the penalty and doing so in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quarters. When a rule starts getting exploited like that it's obviously going to be changed and for godo reason.


You have guys fouling players before an inbound pss is made because that equals automatic fts. You have guys jumping on people's backs under 2 minutes on the second free throw because as long as the ball is in the air, it is considered a loose ball foul and you don't get the "2 shots + the ball." These rules were created to prevent this, now they are being used to help it. The league has to adjust the rules.


I doubt theyget rid of it completely. Im guessing they will limit it to the 4th quarter. I don't even understand what the negative impact could possibly be? You don't get to see DeAndre, Capela, Drummond etc shoot 20 free throws in the first 3 quarters? Teams actually have to play defense?
post #52648 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by amel223 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngwolf View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragicon View Post

Anybody think removing reviews and any timeouts for the last 3 minutes of the game is a good idea? Sounds awesome to me.

Not necessarily reviews, but I've always felt that it would be awesome to get rid of timeouts in the final minute.

This isn't a serious post. Right?

Dead serious.

It would be much more entertaining.

They call him the young wolf. They say he rides into battle on the back of giant direwolf. They say he can turn into a wolf himself when he wants. They say he can't be killed.

They call him the young wolf. They say he rides into battle on the back of giant direwolf. They say he can turn into a wolf himself when he wants. They say he can't be killed.

post #52649 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmeisReal View Post

Its literally 4 players...we changing the game for 4 players b. Smh

Dwight, DeAndre, Drummond, and Capella. Silver is a tool

 

:rollinat you thinking they are doing this for 4 players.

 

If it really was just for four players the league wouldn't be taking action on it.

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

post #52650 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeking2102 View Post

roll.gif at you thinking they are doing this for 4 players.

If it really was just for four players the league wouldn't be taking action on it.

I don't know shoeking, those are actually the only four I could think of too. If teams were smarter, they could add Iggy to this list.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
This thread is locked  
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke