NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke - Page 1888  

post #56611 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog1 View Post


Absolutely. Honestly has become one of my favorite Clippers. Am very NOT excited about this Frye deal.

I put it this way, Lance wasn't going to ever get consistent minutes. Even though Blake/DJ will also take most of the minutes, Frye is good insurance for foul trouble/injuries. There shouldn't be a huge drop off when one of the starters go to the bench

post #56612 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Van Ho View Post

Kinda random how it took Blake a bit of time to speak on it

I don't think so. My guess is that was planned. Let the immediate, emotional reactions die down, get the surgery taken care of.

Or they're trying to show he's still a good guy right in time for the trade deadline.
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
post #56613 of 93193
orlando offered blake for blake? cool.

Lakers tho...

Lakers tho...

post #56614 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog1 View Post


I don't think so. My guess is that was planned. Let the immediate, emotional reactions die down, get the surgery taken care of.

Or they're trying to show he's still a good guy right in time for the trade deadline.

Oh yeah that's what I more or less meant, like, dude, you're just now speaking on it? Definitely strategic. I guess he probably wanted to get things squared away with the trainer too before making a statement

post #56615 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeze View Post

orlando offered blake for blake? cool.

Mitch offered Julius Randle? 

post #56616 of 93193
It's crazy to me how the Clippers seem to want to get rid of Blake so badly all of a sudden.
VIKINGS | TIMBERWOLVES | TWINS | MARINERS | HUSKIES | SHARKS
VIKINGS | TIMBERWOLVES | TWINS | MARINERS | HUSKIES | SHARKS
post #56617 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by 651akathePaul View Post

It's crazy to me how the Clippers seem to want to get rid of Blake so badly all of a sudden.

They don't. Doc's been saying over and over for the last few days that he's not getting traded. Media and Twitter driven more than anything.
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
post #56618 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carver View Post
 

People think Charlotte gave too much for Lee?

 

2 2nd rounders are trash... PJ and Roberts are also trash

Courtney can play?

"I apologize, turns out it was not the Thunder's year.  I wish they hadn't played the games"

 

 

"I apologize, turns out it was not the Thunder's year.  I wish they hadn't played the games"

 

 

post #56619 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 651akathePaul View Post

It's crazy to me how the Clippers seem to want to get rid of Blake so badly all of a sudden.

They don't. Doc's been saying over and over for the last few days that he's not getting traded. Media and Twitter driven more than anything.

There's gotta be a little flame surrounding that smoke though. He's been mentioned in trades with multiple teams. It just seems strange to me because it came out of nowhere. Why would that be made up?
VIKINGS | TIMBERWOLVES | TWINS | MARINERS | HUSKIES | SHARKS
VIKINGS | TIMBERWOLVES | TWINS | MARINERS | HUSKIES | SHARKS
post #56620 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by a-friend View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carver View Post
 

People think Charlotte gave too much for Lee?

 

2 2nd rounders are trash... PJ and Roberts are also trash

Courtney can play?

He's worth more than those 2 combined.. so 2 2nd rounders for Lee. Easy.

post #56621 of 93193
i hate how NBATV isn't covering the trade deadline

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

post #56622 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carver View Post



Give this man credit. He using just for men and growing a beard like CP3. Hate to see him go.
post #56623 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by 651akathePaul View Post

There's gotta be a little flame surrounding that smoke though. He's been mentioned in trades with multiple teams. It just seems strange to me because it came out of nowhere. Why would that be made up?

It didn't come out of nowhere. The team already playing well without him, combined with him having a major off court **** up, created a perfect storm for trade speculation to start.
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
post #56624 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmaz96 View Post

i hate how NBATV isn't covering the trade deadline

Seriously. And who the **** decided Shaqtin a fool needed a 30 minute slot :|

post #56625 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmaz96 View Post

i hate how NBATV isn't covering the trade deadline

The deadline isn't until Thursday and there isn't much to report on other than speculation.
post #56626 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by JinKazama View Post

Wait...Kevin Johnson is being considered for the Bball HOF? indifferent.gif

He was a good player...but HOF? Am I crazy? nerd.gif

All you have to do to make the basketball hall is be a very good (and sometimes just good) player. Mitch Richmond really lowered the bar recently.
post #56627 of 93193

Mitch Richmond really has to feel some type of way being known as the most undeserving HOFer/ the guy that opened the floodgates

San Antonio Spurs: MCMXCIX, MMIII, MMV, MMVII, MMXIV


I Never Cried When _____ Died, But I Definitely Will When Hov Does

San Antonio Spurs: MCMXCIX, MMIII, MMV, MMVII, MMXIV


I Never Cried When _____ Died, But I Definitely Will When Hov Does

post #56628 of 93193

Watching Shaqtin on NBATV mid season Awards. Looks like it'll be a good one 

post #56629 of 93193
Thread Starter 

I think it's a decent trade for both teams.

 

Orlando gets a PG who can shoot and a stretch 4.. Detroit gets a young piece that seems to fit in with their current lineup.

 

Personally, I'm not sold on Tobias being much more than he is. I don't see him unlocking a huge breakthrough in his game, so he'll be a solid young guy, but he's the 3rd best player on a championship team kind of guy. 

 

I would have hoped Orlando could have gotten a pick too, but oh well. I will say Orlando's trades the last few years have looked bad at first, but they often end up having the better end of the deal in the end. I think it only makes the question of "What's going on with their backcourt" even more important because they added another guard to the mix.. but we'll see. It does free up more time for Gordon and hopefully Mario... and potentially frees up more money for FA next year.

 

Of course, Tobias was going to be having a fairly decent contract especially under the new CBA. If he improves, it'll be a good contract, if he stays where he's at.. it's not bad.

post #56630 of 93193
Doc Rivers will NOT TRADE his own son Austin smokin.gif
"once i get the ball you're at my mercy"





WANTED TO BUY:
DS "He Got Game" Air Jordan 13 sz. 9.5
DS Gamma Blue XI and XII sz.9.5
"once i get the ball you're at my mercy"





WANTED TO BUY:
DS "He Got Game" Air Jordan 13 sz. 9.5
DS Gamma Blue XI and XII sz.9.5
post #56631 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjamez20 View Post
 

Seriously. And who the **** decided Shaqtin a fool needed a 30 minute slot :|

Get out. Show has been hilarious so far

post #56632 of 93193
post #56633 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carver View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by a-friend View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carver View Post
 

People think Charlotte gave too much for Lee?

 

2 2nd rounders are trash... PJ and Roberts are also trash

Courtney can play?

He's worth more than those 2 combined.. so 2 2nd rounders for Lee. Easy.

you dont give up 4 players for Lee, dont give a **** how weak the others are. 

 

 

whatever happen this offseason, gotta get Batum resigned. jesus Portland was hiding dude out there, homeboy can ball. can dish the hell out of the rock. 

post #56634 of 93193
Charlotte can't draft a good player in the first round, let alone the second. No need to keep worthless picks if you can turn around and trade them for someone you know can positively affect your team.
post #56635 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbackhoney View Post

Charlotte can't draft a good player in the first round, let alone the second. No need to keep worthless picks if you can turn around and trade them for someone you know can positively affect your team.

roll.gifroll.gif

Real talk tho.
CHECKOUT A NEW VIDEO FROM "RS Aristo" PLEASE SHARE WITH OTHERS, THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT nthat.gif

pimp.gif#SubstanceOverSurface #AlwaysCountCashpimp.gif
NEW VIDEO ALERT: RS Aristo - "Mile Away"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v...




CHECKOUT A NEW VIDEO FROM "RS Aristo" PLEASE SHARE WITH OTHERS, THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT nthat.gif

pimp.gif#SubstanceOverSurface #AlwaysCountCashpimp.gif
NEW VIDEO ALERT: RS Aristo - "Mile Away"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v...




post #56636 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbackhoney View Post

Charlotte can't draft a good player in the first round, let alone the second. No need to keep worthless picks if you can turn around and trade them for someone you know can positively affect your team.

**** that **** you talking cuh

post #56637 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungThunderCat View Post
 
 

you dont give up 4 players for Lee, dont give a **** how weak the others are. 

 

 

whatever happen this offseason, gotta get Batum resigned. jesus Portland was hiding dude out there, homeboy can ball. can dish the hell out of the rock. 

For real. 

I'd take Lee over PJ but I'd take Lamb over Lee. Hopefully they just needed or wanted depth since Lamb can't stay healthy but I'd def. rather have my chance on the picks than Lee.

 

I'd take Lee over Andre Roberson ao I can see some value but again, I wouldn't trade 2 second rounders for him without the PJ and other guy they sent(whoever that was I forget already) much less all 4 of them

"I apologize, turns out it was not the Thunder's year.  I wish they hadn't played the games"

 

 

"I apologize, turns out it was not the Thunder's year.  I wish they hadn't played the games"

 

 

post #56638 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbackhoney View Post

Charlotte can't draft a good player in the first round, let alone the second. No need to keep worthless picks if you can turn around and trade them for someone you know can positively affect your team.

courtney is common. dont see why they gave up so muxh for him.
post #56639 of 93193

So sick of hearing about the Thunder needing and/or going after 3andD/2way wing.

Is it even possible to get a 2 way wing in today's market without drafting them?

 

Check this out......

 

"........Two-way perimeter players are at a premium. ESPN.com uses a statistic to measure a player's impact per 100 possessions called “real plus-minus,” which is a combination of a player's offensive and defensive real-plus minus. Among the league's shooting guards and small forwards, only a combined 36 have a positive RPM.

Of those 36 players, only 16 have a positive RPM on both offense and defense: Kawhi Leonard, LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Paul George, Carmelo Anthony, Jae Crowder, Andre Iguodala, Jared Dudley, Omri Casspi, Tobias Harris, Otto Porter Jr., Jimmy Butler, Manu Ginobili, Tyreke Evans, Nicolas Batum and Victor Oladipo...........".

http://newsok.com/article/5479099

"I apologize, turns out it was not the Thunder's year.  I wish they hadn't played the games"

 

 

"I apologize, turns out it was not the Thunder's year.  I wish they hadn't played the games"

 

 

post #56640 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by a-friend View Post
 

So sick of hearing about the Thunder needing and/or going after 3andD/2way wing.

Is it even possible to get a 2 way wing in today's market without drafting them?

 

Check this out......

 

"........Two-way perimeter players are at a premium. ESPN.com uses a statistic to measure a player's impact per 100 possessions called “real plus-minus,” which is a combination of a player's offensive and defensive real-plus minus. Among the league's shooting guards and small forwards, only a combined 36 have a positive RPM.

Of those 36 players, only 16 have a positive RPM on both offense and defense: Kawhi Leonard, LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Paul George, Carmelo Anthony, Jae Crowder, Andre Iguodala, Jared Dudley, Omri Casspi, Tobias Harris, Otto Porter Jr., Jimmy Butler, Manu Ginobili, Tyreke Evans, Nicolas Batum and Victor Oladipo...........".

http://newsok.com/article/5479099

 

has to be a typo, Melo's overweight & doesn't play defense 

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
This thread is locked  
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke