NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke - Page 1975  

post #59221 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog1 View Post


Consider the source.

exactly. 

post #59222 of 93193
kg set to retire and nobody is even talking about it
maybe, he shouldve made a big hoopla and say he didnt want a farewelll tour only to have a farewell tour
post #59223 of 93193

of course people would care but it wouldnt be as big of a deal as kobe's retirement

 

no one is going to be willing to pay big money for tickets to tim duncans last game in _______

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

post #59224 of 93193
How is tim duncan not a center?
post #59225 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post

of course people would care but it wouldnt be as big of a deal as kobe's retirement

no one is going to be willing to pay big money for tickets to tim duncans last game in _______

People came out for Kareem's farewell tour and he wasn't exactly Mr. Excitement out there on the court by the time he hung it up. Still, I agree with you that a Duncan retirement tour would not be the spectacle that Kobe's is.
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
post #59226 of 93193
Spurs had the most dominant finals performance ever and all anybody could talk about was lebron. Just imagine if duncan announced his retirement in the same season as kobe roll.gif
post #59227 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog1 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post

of course people would care but it wouldnt be as big of a deal as kobe's retirement

no one is going to be willing to pay big money for tickets to tim duncans last game in _______

People came out for Kareem's farewell tour and he wasn't exactly Mr. Excitement out there on the court by the time he hung it up. Still, I agree with you that a Duncan retirement tour would not be the spectacle that Kobe's is.

kareem was the face of the nba for many years and played for the leagues most exciting and successful team for a decade

 

when he retired he was considered the GOAT

 

duncan just doesnt have the same level of popularity among both fans and players that kobe does

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

post #59228 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by leemelone View Post

How is tim duncan not a center?

In his career, he mainly guarded the 4 and on offense he had it all. He's a 4.
post #59229 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMan14 View Post

kg set to retire and nobody is even talking about it
maybe, he shouldve made a big hoopla and say he didnt want a farewelll tour only to have a farewell tour

still, no one would care 

 

only kobe and lebron are able to have farewell tours, the benefits of being a superstar 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

post #59230 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by friscostylez View Post

In his career, he mainly guarded the 4 and on offense he had it all. He's a 4.

When?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregPapa View Post


Even Spurs coach Gregg Popovich seemed to acknowledge the charade on the eve of last year’s playoff series against Utah. When asked who the Spurs would start at center, Popovich said, “Tim Duncan, like we have for the last 15 years.”
post #59231 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post

kareem was the face of the nba for many years and played for the leagues most exciting and successful team for a decade

when he retired he was considered the GOAT

duncan just doesnt have the same level of popularity among both fans and players that kobe does

Also, IIRC, it was much less common back in those days for people to play into their late 30s/40s, so the sheer length of Kareem's career made his retirement a bigger deal. But being the game's all-time leading scorer, etc. helped too
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
post #59232 of 93193
Geez some Kobe Stans are jealous about retirement tours. laugh.gif
Aggies Spurs
Aggies Spurs
post #59233 of 93193

alltime scoring leader

 

6 championships (went to the finals 10 times)

 

19 time all star

 

6 MVPs

 

GOAT CBB player 

 

 

kareem's career >>>>> MJ

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

post #59234 of 93193
The Goat Rasho Nesterovic and Fabricio Oberto were playing the 5 spot
post #59235 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Friendly View Post

Geez some Kobe Stans are jealous about retirement tours. laugh.gif

how is it possible to be jealous when kobe is having the GOAT retirement tour? :lol

 

his retirement tour content at the allstar game was almost as long as the game :rollin

 

kobe:hat

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

post #59236 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Friendly View Post

Geez some Kobe Stans are jealous about retirement tours. laugh.gif

What's there to be jealous about? laugh.gif

Timmy is JOSE. Compared to kobe, nobody cares about his retirement as a top 15 center
post #59237 of 93193
Everyone needs to shoot one legged fadeaways when Dirk leaves
post #59238 of 93193
Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski doesn't believe the Los Angeles Lakers are a legitimate potential free agent destination for Kevin Durant.

Wojnarowski's reporting has indicated the Golden State Warriors are the favorites for Durant should he decide to leave the Oklahoma City Thunder. Stephen A. Smith has reported about the possibility of the Lakers being in play for Durant.

"The Lakers are not front-runners for Kevin Durant, he wants to win a championship," said Wojnarowski. "If he leaves Oklahoma, he may end up staying there and I've written that. Golden State is a team that is worrisome for Oklahoma City -- that's a team that has Kevin Durant's attention. Kevin Durant wants to win a championship right away and either he wants to do that in Oklahoma City with the group they have or he's going to go somewhere where he can win a title right away.

"Kevin Durant doesn't care if they have the first pick, the second pick, third pick; no free agent cares. No free agent of his stature cares what draft pick a team has because that guy is not going to help them win championships in the next two or three years. And if Kevin Durant leaves Oklahoma, he wants to be ready to win a championship right away. He's at a point in his career where he can't wait two or three years and hope that it happens. I think part of his criteria, sources tell me, will be, 'Is that team good enough to beat Golden State with me on it? Or is it Golden State? Or can I stay in Oklahoma and continue to be able to do that and compete for a championship?

"Listen, I just don't think that the Lakers are a real significant factor for Kevin Durant."

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

post #59239 of 93193

tbh i wouldnt be surprised if dirk, kg and tim all retired after this year 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

post #59240 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmaz96 View Post
 
Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski doesn't believe the Los Angeles Lakers are a legitimate potential free agent destination for Kevin Durant.

Wojnarowski's reporting has indicated the Golden State Warriors are the favorites for Durant should he decide to leave the Oklahoma City Thunder. Stephen A. Smith has reported about the possibility of the Lakers being in play for Durant.

"The Lakers are not front-runners for Kevin Durant, he wants to win a championship," said Wojnarowski. "If he leaves Oklahoma, he may end up staying there and I've written that. Golden State is a team that is worrisome for Oklahoma City -- that's a team that has Kevin Durant's attention. Kevin Durant wants to win a championship right away and either he wants to do that in Oklahoma City with the group they have or he's going to go somewhere where he can win a title right away.

"Kevin Durant doesn't care if they have the first pick, the second pick, third pick; no free agent cares. No free agent of his stature cares what draft pick a team has because that guy is not going to help them win championships in the next two or three years. And if Kevin Durant leaves Oklahoma, he wants to be ready to win a championship right away. He's at a point in his career where he can't wait two or three years and hope that it happens. I think part of his criteria, sources tell me, will be, 'Is that team good enough to beat Golden State with me on it? Or is it Golden State? Or can I stay in Oklahoma and continue to be able to do that and compete for a championship?

"Listen, I just don't think that the Lakers are a real significant factor for Kevin Durant."

we didnt want him anyways :rolleyes

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

post #59241 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by pums View Post

The Goat Rasho Nesterovic and Fabricio Oberto were playing the 5 spot

Outside of them and the admirable he's been a 5. He wasn't guarding blake in the playoffs last year. In the finals he guarded bosh...with bosh listed as a center playing next to Rashard lewis. He guarded Wallace in the finals...ben, not rasheed. He plays next to Lamarcus aldridge for pete's sake. Etc etc and on and on
Edited by leemelone - 2/21/16 at 9:50am
post #59242 of 93193
As his career progressed timmy d def played more 5. But if you look at his careeer as a whole as well as regular season games, he would guard the 4 the majority of the time.
post #59243 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by leemelone View Post

Outside of them and the admirable he's been a 5. He wasn't guarding blake in the playoffs last year. In the finals he guarded bosh...with bosh listed as a center playing next to Rashard lewis. He guarded Wallace in the finals...ben, not rasheed. He plays next to Lamarcus aldridge for pete's sake. Etc etc and on and on

His career is split between the 4 and the 5 spot but his prime was at the 4 spot he's a four
post #59244 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTrust View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by leemelone View Post

Timmy butthurt because this is low key the tim duncan farewell tour too but nobody cares laugh.gif.

Stop it. You know damn well if he was to announce it to the world he was retiring, he'd definitely get the love all around the league but Duncan has always been a low key guy like Dirk.

I don't see anything wrong with how he answered. It's like you dudes feel like he should've gave that politcally correct, "oooh yeah, Kobe's the greatest...we'll miss him" bs spew. The Spurs are on a quest for a championship this year. I'm sure they worrying about a lot more than playing against Kobe for the last time.

Pretty much. Spurs aren't far behind the Warriors. The Lakers haven't hit 20 wins yet. Kobe's Retirement Tour is their lone source of relevancy right now, comparable to 50 Cent and Instagram.
Houston Texans Seattle Seahawks Houston Rockets
Seattle Supersonics Houston Oilers
Houston Texans Seattle Seahawks Houston Rockets
Seattle Supersonics Houston Oilers
post #59245 of 93193
Duncan can't be considered top 5 at his position if he's called a center

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

post #59246 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by friscostylez View Post

But if you look at his careeer as a whole as well as regular season games, he would guard the 4 the majority of the time.

When?


Quote:
Originally Posted by pums View Post

his prime was at the 4 spot he's a four

How?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmaz96 View Post

Duncan can't be considered top 5 at his position if he's called a center

Exactly


Quote:
"It's great. I have an opportunity to make the team now," Duncan said after the Spurs 128-110 win over the Orlando Magic on Wednesday. "To have an opportunity to be back on the ballot and to be at the forward, and to have a chance to start, it's an honor."



For years, the San Antonio Spurs’ mellow superstar has masqueraded as a power forward really by name only. When Yao Ming entered the league in 2002-03, he generated such an enormous number votes from his home country that there was no way Duncan, who broke in with the Spurs alongside 10-time All-Star center David Robinson, would have ever started an All-Star game if classified as a center.
post #59247 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by leemelone View Post

When?
How?

His prime was 2003-2005 he played next to Robinson
post #59248 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmaz96 View Post

Duncan can't be considered top 5 at his position if he's called a center

Kareem
Russell
Wilt
Then he is probably around the same range as Shaq
post #59249 of 93193
post #59250 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by pums View Post

His prime was 2003-2005 he played next to Robinson

LMAO roll.gif. Good one bro
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
This thread is locked  
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke