NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke - Page 2201  

post #66001 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeking2102 View Post

Quote:
 



Charles Barkley: "I've only watched about 5 or 6 full basketball games all year" http://bit.ly/1Qs4EC1 





But we all knew this.

i try not to hate too hard on black men, outside of ohio chocha and da white around yo mouf, but i want barkley fired. He doesn't deserve that job anymore. Dude doesn't respect it and the work he should be putting in. This shows that all of his opinions are baseless and nonsensical. I hate having bball convo's with people that don't even watch as much bball as I do, and I'm just doing it as a fan...this is your job you fat ****. How can you properly form an opinion if you don't even watch the subject? We're like 59 games in, which means 1770 games, and you've watched...5 or 6? out of 1770? Man if you don't take yo dementia having *** home and go play with mango and muffin.

Lakers tho...

Lakers tho...

post #66002 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragicon View Post

Lebron is ranked 150th out of 163 players in shooting percentage outside the paint with at least 200 attempts.

LOL
When he starts to fall off its going to be sick.gif

I still maintain that Miami LeBron was an elite jump Shooter.


Those four years will be how he's remembered.

San Antonio Spurs: MCMXCIX, MMIII, MMV, MMVII, MMXIV


I Never Cried When _____ Died, But I Definitely Will When Hov Does

San Antonio Spurs: MCMXCIX, MMIII, MMV, MMVII, MMXIV


I Never Cried When _____ Died, But I Definitely Will When Hov Does

post #66003 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMan14 View Post

http://hoopshype.com/2016/03/02/meyers-leonard-and-jimmer-fredette-make-up-on-twitter-after-late-game-controversy/

could have been an ugly incident at the garden last night mean.gif

I still can't get over the fact that there was a guy in the nba named "jimmer"

FS: BLU/GRN (Seahawks) :: FLYKNIT RACERS :: SZ 10.5 DS :: $150 Shipped

FS: OREO V1&V2 :: FLYKNIT RACERS :: SZ 9 DS :: $165 Each Shipped

FS: MC 2.0 :: FLYKNIT RACER ::  SZ 9 DS 

FS: PSNY :: JORDAN...

FS: BLU/GRN (Seahawks) :: FLYKNIT RACERS :: SZ 10.5 DS :: $150 Shipped

FS: OREO V1&V2 :: FLYKNIT RACERS :: SZ 9 DS :: $165 Each Shipped

FS: MC 2.0 :: FLYKNIT RACER ::  SZ 9 DS 

FS: PSNY :: JORDAN...

post #66004 of 93193
i dont thibk shaq, jet, ernie does either.

did shaqueen ever commentate on a game, especially one wih JAVAle Mac Geeeeeeee. i think he only does half times.

cwebb is forced to watch
post #66005 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragicon View Post

I still can't get over the fact that there is a guy in the nba named "jimmer"

Not anymore. Ten day expired and the Knicks are not giving him another one.
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
post #66006 of 93193
The Barkley thing isn't surprising at all, but it's not like he's a fan of any one team/he sits in a studio on Thursdays, so he's probably watching the season in spurts and still gets more of a clear picture than a lot of talking heads on ESPN, CBS, etc.
mpls
mpls
post #66007 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMan14 View Post

http://hoopshype.com/2016/03/02/meyers-leonard-and-jimmer-fredette-make-up-on-twitter-after-late-game-controversy/

could have been an ugly incident at the garden last night mean.gif

not a grape woulda been busted
post #66008 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeze View Post

i try not to hate too hard on black men, outside of ohio chocha and da white around yo mouf, but i want barkley fired. He doesn't deserve that job anymore. Dude doesn't respect it and the work he should be putting in. This shows that all of his opinions are baseless and nonsensical. I hate having bball convo's with people that don't even watch as much bball as I do, and I'm just doing it as a fan...this is your job you fat ****. How can you properly form an opinion if you don't even watch the subject? We're like 59 games in, which means 1770 games, and you've watched...5 or 6? out of 1770? Man if you don't take yo dementia having *** home and go play with mango and muffin.
thank you. Dude is a fraud and people enjoy that. Smh.
post #66009 of 93193
Jimmer eyes.gif

We're looking at Tony Wroten, Tim Frazier, or Ray McCallum to fill the last roster spot. I like all 3 of those guys but it doesn't matter cause Calderon & Vujacic are gonna play over the young guys.

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

post #66010 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragicon View Post

I still can't get over the fact that there is a guy in the nba named "jimmer"

Not anymore. Ten day expired and the Knicks are not giving him another one.

Need to edit my post with was then!

FS: BLU/GRN (Seahawks) :: FLYKNIT RACERS :: SZ 10.5 DS :: $150 Shipped

FS: OREO V1&V2 :: FLYKNIT RACERS :: SZ 9 DS :: $165 Each Shipped

FS: MC 2.0 :: FLYKNIT RACER ::  SZ 9 DS 

FS: PSNY :: JORDAN...

FS: BLU/GRN (Seahawks) :: FLYKNIT RACERS :: SZ 10.5 DS :: $150 Shipped

FS: OREO V1&V2 :: FLYKNIT RACERS :: SZ 9 DS :: $165 Each Shipped

FS: MC 2.0 :: FLYKNIT RACER ::  SZ 9 DS 

FS: PSNY :: JORDAN...

post #66011 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragicon View Post

I still can't get over the fact that there is a guy in the nba named "jimmer"

Not anymore. Ten day expired and the Knicks are not giving him another one.

damn. life comes at you fast.

Lakers tho...

Lakers tho...

post #66012 of 93193
Freeze-

We can't actually know for sure if that's over, because LeBron built this team and hasn't been in place yet where he's openly seeking talent and we can see the lack of interest. We can assume if you want, but there's no sign yet like with Kobe.

In those later years to now, Kobe wasn't ever on a team guaranteed to make the ECF like LeBron's team is currently and probably even next year. I imagine a lot of these quality, aging players will take that lottery ticket to hopefully win a championship over a lot of others. That's still the Final Four regardless, doubt he'd actually struggle to find help right now if he was demonstrative in looking, but in the next 2-3 years the slide will be highly-publicized and then it could be a bad look. And not saying the slide isn't already churning through the media cycle, but it'll be all over the place in the next few years.
mpls
mpls
post #66013 of 93193
laugh.gif @ LeBlame
post #66014 of 93193
Barkley's strictly there for the comedy.

I agree that it's kinda annoying watching Inside the NBA & Chuck's talking about something he knows nothing about.

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

post #66015 of 93193

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPZx View Post

I don't want Decline LeBron in my life. Seriously, am I the only one who thinks he could hang them up within three years if he fails to win a title while continuously coming so close, putting multiple 8+ month seasons on his body like in Miami but with no meaningful payoff?

I could envision the scenario where like two or three straight Finals appearances 2015-2016-2017 with little Eastern Conference resistance but b2b2b losses to West teams may be too much for him personally, and might end his run earlier than we all may think, as it becomes apparent his game is sliding and there's not enough left around him - at least the way the team's built currently - to ever get over the only hump that matters. Not that LeBron doesn't have the overall skillset that caters to team involvement and he's a terrific passer, but we all saw what happened with Kobe and FA the last two years when all of his peers had already cast aside the notion of teaming up with him because it wouldn't lead to winning.

You know, the hump that matters, as in the awkward thing LeBron throws out in commercials that'll always be there if he's not able to actually do it, 'YOU KNOW IT'S ALL ABOUT GETTIN ONE FOR THE LAND.'

tbh it looks like thats exactly how the rest of his career is gonna play out.

post #66016 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeking2102 View Post


Dray is shooting damn near 40% from 3 this year. Doesn't matter what the offense is designed to do. He'd be taking those instead of midrange shots. Just like Blake wouldn't be taking as many 3s as Draymond would if he were with GS.

I don't think it's that complicated. It's just how their games are.
post #66017 of 93193
I'm amused at the thought of Barkley preparing for the NCAA tournament when he doesn't even watch the NBA. laugh.gif
post #66018 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPZx View Post

Freeze-

We can't actually know for sure if that's over, because LeBron built this team and hasn't been in place yet where he's openly seeking talent and we can see the lack of interest. We can assume if you want, but there's no sign yet like with Kobe.

In those later years to now, Kobe wasn't ever on a team guaranteed to make the ECF like LeBron's team is currently and probably even next year. I imagine a lot of these quality, aging players will take that lottery ticket to hopefully win a championship over a lot of others. That's still the Final Four regardless, doubt he'd actually struggle to find help right now if he was demonstrative in looking, but in the next 2-3 years the slide will be highly-publicized and then it could be a bad look.

oh no i feel you, i didn't mean he was completely washed, i just meant, he doesnt care about getting one for the land anymore. he's off that lol.

he def still has some elite years left, but the cliff is approaching, and then it will get ugly since outside of passing, a lot of his ability was predicated through his athleticism and not so much his skill. No reall footwork, no midrange, no 3 pointer, suspect free throws. When the sheer power of him fades...yikes.

Lakers tho...

Lakers tho...

post #66019 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmaz96 View Post

Jimmer eyes.gif

We're looking at Tony Wroten, Tim Frazier, or Ray McCallum to fill the last roster spot. I like all 3 of those guys but it doesn't matter cause Calderon & Vujacic are gonna play over the young guys.

Can't believe the Knicks signed him to a 10 day and gave him absolutely no meaningful time. Like they can't afford to play young guys cause they're in the playoff hunt. Pretty inexcusable all around.
post #66020 of 93193
It's been real obvious for years too. laugh.gif

I watch for the comedy too, but come on. There are plenty of people who are passionate about basketball who deserve the spot if he's just gonna put zero effort into his job.
post #66021 of 93193
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD617 View Post

I don't know why Dray vs Blake became such a hot topic this year. laugh.gif

I think if you trade them for each other, both teams get worse. Draymond does things for the Warriors that Blake can't do, and Blake when healthy does things for the Clippers that Draymond can't do.

Stop being a stat nerd and making sense. That's not as fun as calling everyone "overrated frauds".

post #66022 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragicon View Post

Lebron is ranked 150th out of 163 players in shooting percentage outside the paint with at least 200 attempts.

i clearly remember dudes telling me bron had an elite midrange game tho laugh.gif
post #66023 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmaz96 View Post

Barkley's strictly there for the comedy.

I agree that it's kinda annoying watching Inside the NBA & Chuck's talking about something he knows nothing about.
hes not even funny though . so why he is there is pointless
post #66024 of 93193
Inside the NBA jumped the shark this year for me. I rarely even watch that.

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

post #66025 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrand15 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmaz96 View Post

Jimmer eyes.gif

We're looking at Tony Wroten, Tim Frazier, or Ray McCallum to fill the last roster spot. I like all 3 of those guys but it doesn't matter cause Calderon & Vujacic are gonna play over the young guys.

Can't believe the Knicks signed him to a 10 day and gave him absolutely no meaningful time. Like they can't afford to play young guys cause they're in the playoff hunt. Pretty inexcusable all around.

Glad it's not just Knicks fans seeing this.

It's March & we have no clue if Jerian Grant could be an impact player for us in the future.

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

post #66026 of 93193
Jon Rothstein on CBS Sports and Charles Barkley during tournament time would be a hell of a contrast and combo because of the contrast. Barkley would clown on him for his "look at my take" tone and it would be awesome.

Again, I don't go to Charles Barkley expecting him to be Erik Spoelstra in a video room or even below that like a Tim Legler. Do you guys want to go to him for that type of thing? Nah. He's just the guy whose going to draw on his long timeline of basketball knowledge, first-hand and since joining TNT more than a decade ago, and mess with Shaq, say one thing that may be a good point, and that might be it. But I can get the other stuff elsewhere.
mpls
mpls
post #66027 of 93193
Barkley is as knowledgeable about the game in 2016 as the common NTer.
post #66028 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeking2102 View Post

I've stopped watching as well.
post #66029 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersman3000 View Post

Imagine how much worse lj is going to be next year. I always told dudes he wouldnt last as a great player past his mid 30s.

Who does tho? laugh.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeking2102 View Post

But we all knew this.

This can be said of 80% of the media. It's the nature of the job really. No way you can cover all the teams you're supposed to between all the other responsibilities you have with deadlines and everything else. It's why Broussard has so many sources so he can lessen his workload while staying on top of things
post #66030 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrand15 View Post


Dray is shooting damn near 40% from 3 this year. Doesn't matter what the offense is designed to do. He'd be taking those instead of midrange shots. Just like Blake wouldn't be taking as many 3s as Draymond would if he were with GS.

I don't think it's that complicated. It's just how their games are.

 

Except it does matter.

 

It's not as simple as "Well draymond is on the team, he'll shoot 3's instead of midrange jumpshots." The team and offense is constructed to produce midrange jumpers and while the Clippers do take a lot of 3's, having your starting big take over 3 3's a game is not optimal for the Clips, and there's no guarantee that the Clippers would be better because of it.

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

NEW JAMAL CRISTOPHER "i Yai Yai" available now.

 

https://soundcloud.com/jamalcristopher/i-yai-yai

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
This thread is locked  
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke