NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke - Page 24  

post #691 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by DON RAMON View Post

we byke


Dude said he went from 213 last season to 203 this season.
post #692 of 93193
Debating stuff like this with Vincent will linger for days. Its best to just let it play out laugh.gif . Not saying you're wrong Vincent, but I've debated with you before and it will last forever laugh.gif

I agree with Proshares. A lot of unknowns, but I just don't expect Donovan to change his approach at all because he has good iso players. I'm also not a big believer in their bench. More concerned with the defense of their bench and whether or not they have the ability to sustain leads. I didn't watch OKC much in preseason, but I'm also want to see how Donovan decides to leave 1 of KD and Russ on the floor at all times.
post #693 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhzmafia14 View Post

Debating stuff like this with Vincent will linger for days. Its best to just let it play out laugh.gif . Not saying you're wrong Vincent, but I've debated with you before and it will last forever laugh.gif

I agree with Proshares. A lot of unknowns, but I just don't expect Donovan to change his approach at all because he has good iso players. I'm also not a big believer in their bench. More concerned with the defense of their bench and whether or not they have the ability to sustain leads. I didn't watch OKC much in preseason, but I'm also want to see how Donovan decides to leave 1 of KD and Russ on the floor at all times.

Breh, it's not like you give in either :lol

 

All I'm doing is pointing things out, I don't see the issue

post #694 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Van Ho View Post

Breh, it's not like you give in either laugh.gif

All I'm doing is pointing things out, I don't see the issue

dont eem know what u talking about nerd.gif

laugh.gif
post #695 of 93193

Watching the little I did of OKC, their half court stuff still looks pretty unimaginative. (For the most part.) Not a lot of movement before they get into their High P&R and the movements were without any real vigor. My thinking is that their lack of offensive imagination has to do with Russ's lack of discipline rather than the coach. We'll see if i'm right or not.

LISTEN TO JAMAL CRISTOPHER "LOVE ME NOT" AVAILABLE NOW ON APPLE MUSIC 

 

Love Me Nothttps://itun.es/us/IMhwfb

 

Love Me Not from Jamal Cristopher on Soundcloud - https://soundcloud.com/jam...

LISTEN TO JAMAL CRISTOPHER "LOVE ME NOT" AVAILABLE NOW ON APPLE MUSIC 

 

Love Me Nothttps://itun.es/us/IMhwfb

 

Love Me Not from Jamal Cristopher on Soundcloud - https://soundcloud.com/jam...

post #696 of 93193
man... keep me a shooter like rice has a totally different meaning now thanks to jr mean.gifmean.gif
post #697 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhzmafia14 View Post


dont eem know what u talking about nerd.gif

laugh.gif

It's always fun talking Grizzlies with you though 8o:p

post #698 of 93193
Really want to see if the Thunder run some sort of offense under Donovan. Or will it be a pick up style between Durant and Westbrook when things get tight? Like it was under Brooks.
post #699 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeking2102 View Post
 

Watching the little I did of OKC, their half court stuff still looks pretty unimaginative. (For the most part.) Not a lot of movement before they get into their High P&R. My thinking is that their lack of offensive imagination has to do with Russ's lack of discipline rather than the coach. We'll see if i'm right or not.

reason i dont like okc going all the way. i dont believe in that O..... i dont think their play style had to do with brooks but more to do with the players that westbrook and durant are. 

post #700 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeking2102 View Post
 

Watching the little I did of OKC, their half court stuff still looks pretty unimaginative. (For the most part.) Not a lot of movement before they get into their High P&R and the movements were without any real vigor. My thinking is that their lack of offensive imagination has to do with Russ's lack of discipline rather than the coach. We'll see if i'm right or not.

I just don't see Donovan essentially changing the DNA of KD nor Russ. I do see a great possibility in changing tendencies. Melding their talent with structure. It should not be one or the other. That wasn't the point of changing coaches

post #701 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Van Ho View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proshares View Post

You ever watch Donovan? It's gonna take a lot for it to revert back to the ISO's. He's gonna pound that system until he either gets it to work or the players turn on him.


I don't think the bench isn't serviceable, I said I don't think they fit w/the ball movement and floor positioning in Donovan's offense. That's part of the reason I think a panic move might happen.


At the end of the day, we'll just have to wait and see. I might just be looking at it too hard through one scope.
He's not an idiot though. He has the two best isolation players in the league. KD has been with him since Summer League I'm assuming they've gotten pretty close already. Donovan is not going to come into their situation like a tyrant

And how far has that isolation gotten them in all these years?

A big part of why he was brought in was to diversify the offense and not make it so easily exploitable vs. elite defenses.

Well, that and Scotty Scapegoat had to go laugh.gif

He's not going to come in like a tyrant...probably not...but just look at the history of college coaches coming to the NBA. They're used to saying jump and the response being "how high, coach." The NBA is a totally different animal, guys are gonna be asking their agents how high they should jump. So, yea, he might not come in like a tyrant but they come in and install what they what regardless.

You're making good points so I don't see the point of going back and forth before they've played a chunk of the schedule. I'd love to revisit it in December and see who was right.
post #702 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersman3000 View Post
 

reason i dont like okc going all the way. i dont believe in that O..... i dont think their play style had to do with brooks but more to do with the players that westbrook and durant are. 

 

You don't believe the O in crunch time correct?

Oklahoma City Thunder/ Real Madrid/ Baltimore Ravens/ Jose Aldo Jr.
Oklahoma City Thunder/ Real Madrid/ Baltimore Ravens/ Jose Aldo Jr.
post #703 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Van Ho View Post
 

I just don't see Donovan essentially changing the DNA of KD nor Russ. I do see a great possibility in changing tendencies. Melding their talent with structure. It should not be one or the other. That wasn't the point of changing coaches

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proshares View Post


And how far has that isolation gotten them in all these years?

A big part of why he was brought in was to diversify the offense and not make it so easily exploitable vs. elite defenses.

Well, that and Scotty Scapegoat had to go laugh.gif

He's not going to come in like a tyrant...probably not...but just look at the history of college coaches coming to the NBA. They're used to saying jump and the response being "how high, coach." The NBA is a totally different animal, guys are gonna be asking their agents how high they should jump. So, yea, he might not come in like a tyrant but they come in and install what they what regardless.

You're making good points so I don't see the point of going back and forth before they've played a chunk of the schedule. I'd love to revisit it in December and see who was right.

Just use the post as a reply to yours

post #704 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by atransta View Post
 

 

You don't believe the O in crunch time correct?

nope... i think they revert back to that iso style taking turns between kd and russ and that type of ball aint going to win them ish. 

post #705 of 93193

When KD was byke last year :eek dude was insane

 

#NBARANK: KEVIN DURANT IS NO. 3

KD may have been limited to just 27 games last season due to injuries, but he brought it when he was on the court. In fact, his 2-point percentage (56.5) was the best of his career, and justifies him jumping up five spots in this year's rankings.

post #706 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersman3000 View Post
 

nope... i think they revert back to that iso style taking turns between kd and russ and that type of ball aint going to win them ish. 

Well hopefully for OKC, Donovan's half court offense and defense will not have them be in as many crunch time situations to begin with

post #707 of 93193
@Vincent Van Ho I hear you. Like I said, you're making good points as well. I'll just put a pin in it until after 20 games or so.
post #708 of 93193
RIP Flip Saunders

May his soul rise to heaven like
MarburyCloserToGodDance.gif
post #709 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proshares View Post

@Vincent Van Ho I hear you. Like I said, you're making good points as well. I'll just put a pin in it until after 20 games or so.

To be clear, I am not all in on OKC by any means. I said a few pages back that I barely have them ahead of LAC if not even. GSW is still my team to beat

post #710 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Van Ho View Post
 

Well hopefully for OKC, Donovan's half court offense and defense will not have them be in as many crunch time situations to begin with

not that many  crunch time situations in the playoffs?..... :lol 

post #711 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersman3000 View Post
 

not that many  crunch time situations in the playoffs?..... :lol 

I didn't say "not that many", I said "not as many". There is a difference :lol

post #712 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Van Ho View Post
 

Well hopefully for OKC, Donovan's half court offense and defense will not have them be in as many crunch time situations to begin with

 

correct there won't be any crunch time because they will be all blow outs 8o

 

jk (ok semi srs)

Oklahoma City Thunder/ Real Madrid/ Baltimore Ravens/ Jose Aldo Jr.
Oklahoma City Thunder/ Real Madrid/ Baltimore Ravens/ Jose Aldo Jr.
post #713 of 93193
Most teams w/sub 6 minutes left in the 4th work extensively through their best players in Pick & Roll and ISO situations. That's not a real big issue. However, OKC's movement to get into P&R has always been avg at best, but that's okay I guess when you have Westbrook and Durant.
 
Take away some of Westbrook's wild forays to the hoop off the wrong leg from the top of key and his Wild 3 point shot selection especially down the stretch, and OKC will be infinitely better than they already are. If there was a qualm that I had with Scotty, it was this lack of control with Westbrook. That however, I think is more on Westbrook than Scotty so we'll see.

LISTEN TO JAMAL CRISTOPHER "LOVE ME NOT" AVAILABLE NOW ON APPLE MUSIC 

 

Love Me Nothttps://itun.es/us/IMhwfb

 

Love Me Not from Jamal Cristopher on Soundcloud - https://soundcloud.com/jam...

LISTEN TO JAMAL CRISTOPHER "LOVE ME NOT" AVAILABLE NOW ON APPLE MUSIC 

 

Love Me Nothttps://itun.es/us/IMhwfb

 

Love Me Not from Jamal Cristopher on Soundcloud - https://soundcloud.com/jam...

post #714 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by getrichquik1987 View Post

RIP Flip Saunders

May his soul rise to heaven like
MarburyCloserToGodDance.gif

wth was he talking about in this gif laugh.gif
post #715 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by getrichquik1987 View Post

RIP Flip Saunders

May his soul rise to heaven like
MarburyCloserToGodDance.gif

This gif is an all time greatest. 

post #716 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeking2102 View Post
 

agreed.. give russ a higher iq and the thunder get better. 

post #717 of 93193
Quote:

Charles Barkley isn't a fan of the Lakers: "Lakers are the 4th best team in California. They lucky the sparks ain't playing. They'd be 5th."

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=13982215

 

:rollin :rollin

post #718 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolaholic View Post
 

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=13982215

 

:rollin

even when the lakers were good  charles always hated on the lakers..... :lol 

 

f barkley..... kenny , shaq , ernie > charles...... 

post #719 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolaholic View Post
 

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=13982215

 

:rollin :rollin

Charles is BYKE

post #720 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post

i tend to give lebron a hard time but major props to him for helping that kid fight through his childhood obesity 

roll.gif deer gawd
Minnesota Timberwolves fan since '03-'04: $^%* KAREEM RUSH
lcahood on the Snap glasses.gif
Team ROSHE #11
(0 items)
  
Minnesota Timberwolves fan since '03-'04: $^%* KAREEM RUSH
lcahood on the Snap glasses.gif
Team ROSHE #11
(0 items)
  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
This thread is locked  
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke