NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke - Page 2442  

post #73231 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Collector View Post


I've asked this question before when you compare conferences are you comparing just 4/5 teams or the whole conference? If it's 4/5 teams then we aren't comparing conferences.

GSW got 12 games this year vs Lakers, Kings and Suns. I see why you'd want to pump up the West. CAKE WALK WEST.

 

As opposed to 12 games against the Sixers, Nets, and Knicks?  Yeah there are no bad teams in the east.

post #73232 of 93193
Playing the Knicks, Nets and 76ers now that's a real cake walk laugh.gif
post #73233 of 93193
The Wizards don't play 12 games vs those teams. We play 12 against the Heat, Hawks and Hornets. All playoff teams. The other was the Magic who we swept 4-0 this season.
post #73234 of 93193
Western conference > Eastern conference
West coast > East coast
Tupac > Biggie
Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer > Anthrax
post #73235 of 93193

:rollin at acting like playing the heat, hawks and hornets is a big deal

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

post #73236 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Collector View Post

The Wizards don't play 12 games vs those teams. We play 12 against the Heat, Hawks and Hornets. All playoff teams. The other was the Magic who we swept 4-0 this season.

Well the Wizards suck anyways so......
post #73237 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post
 

:rollin at acting like playing the heat, hawks and hornets is a big deal

 

This dude is acting like those teams are the Spurs or Thunder or something.

post #73238 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy View Post

Western conference > Eastern conference
West coast > East coast
Tupac > Biggie
Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer > Anthrax

water > earthquakes
post #73239 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by junglejim View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosdef24 View Post



id love draymond on my squad...so at no point am i diminishing his incredible value on the basketball court



but to claim he can guard 1-5 is misleading. just like when ppl said lebron could guard 1-5 but he wasnt ever gonna bang with a center for 30 mins a game

 



Is he going to guard the top 5 centers in the league all game long? Probably not. Can he guard your timothy mozgovs of the NBA for an entire game and create ridiculous mismatches on the other end? Absolutely. I don't think anyone is saying he would guard 1-5. I think people are just saying he is a post player who can shoot threes which is contrary to what some other dude in here was saying about them not having a post player who can shoot threes.

Nobody has said they don't have a post player who can shoot 3s. You rode Frisco who also can't read and now you're making a point that doesn't exist.

I don't see dray as a big. Does he play the 4?yes .on a historical team that plays small ball 90% of the time. He's not a big to me. Is he a great player to have? Definitely. Does he play the 4 well? Yes because he is always a mismatch since he's smaller than the other 4s.

If someone said to build a team and pick a big man, dray would never cross my mind. Knowing that, look at me saying if their bigs could shoot 3s,they'd be unstoppable. Let this go. It's not even interesting anymore

PSN: TEKtheMAESTRO || Twitter: TEKtheMAESTRO || Everything: TEKtheMAESTRO

 

PSN: TEKtheMAESTRO || Twitter: TEKtheMAESTRO || Everything: TEKtheMAESTRO

 

post #73240 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by junglejim View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post

 
roll.gif  at acting like playing the heat, hawks and hornets is a big deal

This dude is acting like those teams are the Spurs or Thunder or something.

roll.gifroll.gif
post #73241 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Collector View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy View Post

Western conference > Eastern conference
West coast > East coast
Tupac > Biggie
Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer > Anthrax

water > earthquakes

Sun > Snow
post #73242 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post

roll.gif  at acting like playing the heat, hawks and hornets is a big deal

Bigger deal then Suns, Lakers, Kings

What's funny is how bad the bottom of the West playoff teams fell out but the West fans act like it's as strong as last year. The Hornets would be 5th or 6th out West. THE HORNETS.
post #73243 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Collector View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post

roll.gif  at acting like playing the heat, hawks and hornets is a big deal

Bigger deal then Suns, Lakers, Kings

What's funny is how bad the bottom of the West playoff teams fell out but the West fans act like it's as strong as last year. The Hornets would be 5th or 6th out West. THE HORNETS.

no one cares about the bottom 4 playoff teams in the west

 

no one cares about the bottom 7 playoff teams in the east 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

post #73244 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEKtheMAESTRO View Post



Nobody has said they don't have a post player who can shoot 3s. You rode Frisco who also can't read and now you're making a point that doesn't exist.



I don't see dray as a big. Does he play the 4?yes .on a historical team that plays small ball 90% of the time. He's not a big to me. Is he a great player to have? Definitely. Does he play the 4 well? Yes because he is always a mismatch since he's smaller than the other 4s.



If someone said to build a team and pick a big man, dray would never cross my mind. Knowing that, look at me saying if their bigs could shoot 3s,they'd be unstoppable. Let this go. It's not even interesting anymore

 



How can a guy who starts at PF and is a damn good post defender not be a big? Was Charles Barkley not a big because he was only 6'6"? Your point completely contradicts itself and doesn't make sense.
post #73245 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Collector View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post

roll.gif  at acting like playing the heat, hawks and hornets is a big deal

Bigger deal then Suns, Lakers, Kings

What's funny is how bad the bottom of the West playoff teams fell out but the West fans act like it's as strong as last year. The Hornets would be 5th or 6th out West. THE HORNETS.

They wouldn't be 5th or 6th if they had to play the Warriors, Spurs and OKC more laugh.gif
post #73246 of 93193
If they put the majority of the East playoffs on nba tv I doubt anybody would even notice.
post #73247 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Collector View Post



Bigger deal then Suns, Lakers, Kings



What's funny is how bad the bottom of the West playoff teams fell out but the West fans act like it's as strong as last year. The Hornets would be 5th or 6th out West. THE HORNETS.

 



Well good, because when the playoffs come the Warriors and Spurs will be playing the lakers, suns, and Kings......
post #73248 of 93193
roll.gif At Comparing the Lakers, Suns and Kings to playing Hornets, Hawks and Heat
post #73249 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay View Post

If they put the majority of the East playoffs on nba tv I doubt anybody would even notice.

dont they already put eastern conference first round games on nba tv? 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

post #73250 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by JsindaA View Post

Fwiw this size argument is beyond stupid. There's this guy named Charles Barkley who's the same height as a shooting guard and is a top 5 pf ever. Oh and he played during the 90's

Well, yeah, but Barkley just so happens to be the greatest "undersized" PF/C who ever played. He's the exception, not the rule. Aside from him, the majority of guys who have played PF/C at 6'8" and under have been decent to pretty marginal. The Chuck Hayes, Darvin Hamm, Corliss Williamson and Danny Fortsons of the world.

Maybe Draymond would have been closer to Barkley than to those other guys I mentioned, but its hard to say. At the end of the day, all that really matters right now, is that Draymond is a very effective power player in today's NBA on what is turning out to be a historically great team.
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
post #73251 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post

no one cares about the bottom 4 playoff teams in the west

no one cares about the bottom 7 playoff teams in the east 

That's moving the goalposts of the overall argument that's been had the past few seasons. Last year when the Spurs were seeded low people cared. Now that it doesn't fit the West is best narrative no one cares anymore. Only the top teams matter now.

Only comparing the top teams isn't a comparing the conference as a whole. You guys are having a totally different discussion then what I'm having.
post #73252 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay View Post

If they put the majority of the East playoffs on nba tv I doubt anybody would even notice.
dont they already put eastern conference first round games on nba tv? 

Yea and I'm hoping they add the whole east playoffs to nba tv
post #73253 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay View Post

They wouldn't be 5th or 6th if they had to play the Warriors, Spurs and OKC more laugh.gif

Did you factor in the sorry teams out West they'd play more of too? That would balance things out.
post #73254 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Collector View Post


That's moving the goalposts of the overall argument that's been had the past few seasons. Last year when the Spurs were seeded low people cared. Now that it doesn't fit the West is best narrative no one cares anymore. Only the top teams matter now.

Only comparing the top teams isn't a comparing the conference as a whole. You guys are having a totally different discussion then what I'm having.

 

So if the Hornets are so bad and they would be a sixth seed in the West, what does that say about the East where they would be a fifth seed:rollin

post #73255 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Collector View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post

no one cares about the bottom 4 playoff teams in the west

no one cares about the bottom 7 playoff teams in the east 

That's moving the goalposts of the overall argument that's been had the past few seasons. Last year when the Spurs were seeded low people cared. Now that it doesn't fit the West is best narrative no one cares anymore. Only the top teams matter now.

Only comparing the top teams isn't a comparing the conference as a whole. You guys are having a totally different discussion then what I'm having.

its not about seeding

 

no one takes any of the eastern teams seriously because they are all trash

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

post #73256 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Collector View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay View Post

They wouldn't be 5th or 6th if they had to play the Warriors, Spurs and OKC more laugh.gif

Did you factor in the sorry teams out West they'd play more of too? That would balance things out.

the east has the Sixers, Knicks & Nets. laugh.giflaugh.gif

LBJ coasts to the Finals every year in that sorry conference
post #73257 of 93193

Seriously though, this guy just used the argument that since the Hornets would be a sixth seed in the west the west is terrible.  The Hornets ARE a fifth seed in the east:rollin

 

Makes sense.

post #73258 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by junglejim View Post

So if the Hornets are so bad and they would be a sixth seed in the West, what does that say about the East where they would be a fifth seed:rollin

The same it says about the Pistons being the 8th seed out West as opposed to 9th in the East. At least the Pistons have beaten the Warriors this year. Jazz haven't. I'd rather see Pistons vs Warriors then Jazz.
post #73259 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by junglejim View Post

Seriously though, this guy just used the argument that since the Hornets would be a sixth seed in the west the west is terrible.  The Hornets ARE a fifth seed in the east:rollin

Makes sense.

can't be worse than a guy claiming a player aint a big man because the player doesn't cross his mind if he were to draft a big man roll.gif
post #73260 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Collector View Post


The same it says about the Pistons being the 8th seed out West as opposed to 9th in the East. At least the Pistons have beaten the Warriors this year. Jazz haven't. I'd rather see Pistons vs Warriors then Jazz.

 

No one wants to see either of those matchups.  Both of those teams are going to get destroyed.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
This thread is locked  
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke