NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke - Page 2443  

post #73261 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Collector View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglejim View Post

So if the Hornets are so bad and they would be a sixth seed in the West, what does that say about the East where they would be a fifth seed:rollin

The same it says about the Pistons being the 8th seed out West as opposed to 9th in the East. At least the Pistons have beaten the Warriors this year. Jazz haven't. I'd rather see Pistons vs Warriors then Jazz.

I don't care for Pistons either.
post #73262 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Collector View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by junglejim View Post

So if the Hornets are so bad and they would be a sixth seed in the West, what does that say about the East where they would be a fifth seed:rollin

The same it says about the Pistons being the 8th seed out West as opposed to 9th in the East. At least the Pistons have beaten the Warriors this year. Jazz haven't. I'd rather see Pistons vs Warriors then Jazz.

with this logic, lakers > cavs :hat

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

post #73263 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay View Post

the east has the Sixers, Knicks & Nets. laugh.giflaugh.gif

LBJ coasts to the Finals every year in that sorry conference

Knicks have a better record then 3 teams in GS division. I'm starting to wonder if people watch the NBA as a whole or just who's hot from year to year.
post #73264 of 93193
Where are the Wizards in this playoff conversation?!?
post #73265 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Collector View Post


Knicks have a better record then 3 teams in GS division. I'm starting to wonder if people watch the NBA as a whole or just who's hot from year to year.

 

 

Good thing that all 61 of their wins came against those three teams.......

post #73266 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothmog View Post

how the hell the heat lost to the hornets ? lost the bloody bet , hornets shoulnt be able to get into the rim with whiteside down there 

Maybe cause the Hornets are a good team this year and not pushovers laugh.gif?
Houston Texans Seattle Seahawks Houston Rockets
Seattle Supersonics Houston Oilers
Houston Texans Seattle Seahawks Houston Rockets
Seattle Supersonics Houston Oilers
post #73267 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay View Post

Where are the Wizards in this playoff conversation?!?

1.5 games back of the 8th seed.
post #73268 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Collector View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay View Post

the east has the Sixers, Knicks & Nets. laugh.giflaugh.gif

LBJ coasts to the Finals every year in that sorry conference

Knicks have a better record then 3 teams in GS division. I'm starting to wonder if people watch the NBA as a whole or just who's hot from year to year.

1-8 the West is better and that's a fact. Stop bringing up non playoff teams laugh.gif we don't care
post #73269 of 93193

Not to mention the number one seed in the west played the number one seed in the east and destroyed them.

post #73270 of 93193
can yall talk about something with sense..... this e v w talk is stupid
post #73271 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay View Post

1-8 the West is better and that's a fact. Stop bringing up non playoff teams laugh.gif we don't care

1-4 is better. 5th seed Hornets have a better record then the 5th seed Grizz. That's a fact. From the Hornets down the East is better. That's also a fact.
post #73272 of 93193
CdkUs_aVIAAA7CP?format=pjpg&name=large

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

post #73273 of 93193
Cavs would be fighting for 3 seed if they played out west laugh.gif
post #73274 of 93193

Warriors are 25-2 against the East.  It isn't their "cakewalk" schedule that has given them this record.

post #73275 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Collector View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay View Post

1-8 the West is better and that's a fact. Stop bringing up non playoff teams laugh.gif we don't care

1-4 is better. 5th seed Hornets have a better record then the 5th seed Grizz. That's a fact. From the Hornets down the East is better. That's also a fact.

So the east doesn't have any elite teams? Gotcha wink.gif
post #73276 of 93193
Thread Starter 

I never understand why people care so much about East vs West stuff.. its one of the dumber things NTers argue about.

 

If you're a fan of a top team, okay, maybe your path to the Finals is made harder playing in the West vs East. Other than that? Who cares. People like to pretend that their team would be shoe-ins for the Finals or something if they played in the East.

post #73277 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by junglejim View Post

Warriors are 25-2 against the East.  It isn't their "cakewalk" schedule that has given them this record.

Your hung up on what you perceive some kind of diss against the Warriors. What's the Spurs record or OKC record vs the East?

By record the East is better 5th seed down. It would stand to reason that if those teams played in the East they'd have a tougher time because they'd play tougher teams record wise.
post #73278 of 93193
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay View Post

Cavs would be fighting for 3 seed if they played out west laugh.gif

They'd be the 3 seed with a 2 and 5 game lead on the next closest teams.. and you say 3 seed like it's an insult when the top 2 teams are the Warriors and Spurs.

 

You say weird things, man.

post #73279 of 93193
Never seen anybody glamorize being mediocre roll.gif


But but our 7th seed is better
post #73280 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big J 33 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay View Post

Cavs would be fighting for 3 seed if they played out west laugh.gif
They'd be the 3 seed with a 2 and 5 game lead on the next closest teams.. and you say 3 seed like it's an insult when the top 2 teams are the Warriors and Spurs.

You say weird things, man.

It was just to annoying the collector happy.gif
post #73281 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by junglejim View Post

As opposed to 12 games against the Sixers, Nets, and Knicks?  Yeah there are no bad teams in the east.

The Knicks roll.gif
post #73282 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Collector View Post


Your hung up on what you perceive some kind of diss against the Warriors. What's the Spurs record or OKC record vs the East?

By record the East is better 5th seed down. It would stand to reason that if those teams played in the East they'd have a tougher time because they'd play tougher teams record wise.

 

 

22-5 and 15-11.  Clippers are 20-6,  Memphis is 16-11.

 

http://www.sports-reference.com/blog/2013/12/historical-western-conference-vs-eastern-conference-disparity/

post #73283 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay View Post

Never seen anybody glamorize being mediocre roll.gif


But but our 7th seed is better

If we're comparing the conference then all teams are included. Your comparing only the top teams. Not East vs West. Two totally different conversations.
post #73284 of 93193

fans of east coast teams want attention when their player is the NBA's 4th leading scorer over a single month :lol

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

post #73285 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big J 33 View Post

I never understand why people care so much about East vs West stuff.. its one of the dumber things NTers argue about.

If you're a fan of a top team, okay, maybe your path to the Finals is made harder playing in the West vs East. Other than that? Who cares. People like to pretend that their team would be shoe-ins for the Finals or something if they played in the East.

This is how I feel about people staunchly cheering for SEC pride and beasting when Alabama wins, but their team is Kentucky or Vanderbilt
Houston Texans Seattle Seahawks Houston Rockets
Seattle Supersonics Houston Oilers
Houston Texans Seattle Seahawks Houston Rockets
Seattle Supersonics Houston Oilers
post #73286 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay View Post

Never seen anybody glamorize being mediocre roll.gif

that's the east coast of the united states (and canada) for ya :lol

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

post #73287 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by leemelone View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglejim View Post

As opposed to 12 games against the Sixers, Nets, and Knicks?  Yeah there are no bad teams in the east.

The Knicks roll.gif

leave us alone embarassed.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post

fans of east coast teams want attention when their player is the NBA's 4th leading scorer over a single month laugh.gif

Melo's the only player in the NBA leading his team in points, rebounds, & assists

east >>> west

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

post #73288 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by junglejim View Post


22-5 and 15-11.  Clippers are 20-6,  Memphis is 16-11.

http://www.sports-reference.com/blog/2013/12/historical-western-conference-vs-eastern-conference-disparity/

That's my point. Half of the Spurs and OKC loses overall are to the East. How is that possible by your logic of the East being so much weaker if they play fewer East teams? What's those teams records vs the bottom of the West? I bet it's damn near unblemished.
post #73289 of 93193
Thread Starter 
post #73290 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Collector View Post


That's my point. Half of the Spurs and OKC loses overall are to the East. How is that possible by your logic of the East being so much weaker if they play fewer East teams? What's those teams records vs the bottom of the West? I bet it's damn near unblemished.

 

Toronto, atlanta, and Boston are the exact same way.  I don't see what point you are making here.  The only team with a respectable record in the East vs. the West is the cavs and their record is approximately the same as the Spurs record vs. the east.  There isn't a team in the East that only has 2 losses against the west........

 

The link I post basically shows that the West win % against the east over the last decade has been almost 55-60%.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
This thread is locked  
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke