NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke - Page 2557  

post #76681 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballkid11 View Post

I noticed that also. Was weird to me actually. Talk about a awkward moment.
I was looking to see if he would wave off or say something to either team but he went straight to the tunnel. Not blowing anything out of proportion but just observing.
post #76682 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abematic View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Route View Post

Over xagerrating by fans and media. Take into account how many PTOs he has taken. Guy talks hard but limps when he walks. He aint about that Kobe upset at teammatea as motivator life!!
talks hard ?
I believe he's the last person to talk hard lol idk what you got against him but a guy looking as good as he has with 3 major injuries, you must have something against him lol
+1
post #76683 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abematic View Post

talks hard ?
I believe he's the last person to talk hard lol idk what you got against him but a guy looking as good as he has with 3 major injuries, you must have something against him lol

You know as well as anyone that he is held to a higher standard. If he cant handle the injuries, he should just retire and show more effort instead about talking about pain threshold.

Theres no sympathy in the NBA.
post #76684 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballkid11 View Post

Rose Byykkkkeee!

 

Kobe 8 System :  The Man, The Myth, The Manigault
Kobe 8 System :  The Man, The Myth, The Manigault
post #76685 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Route View Post

You know as well as anyone that he is held to a higher standard. If he cant handle the injuries, he should just retire and show more effort instead about talking about pain threshold.

Theres no sympathy in the NBA.
obviously hes handled his injuries well enough to play at a competive level again. Especially at an efficient level after the all star break. 18ppg, 47% fg, 48% 3s.

He's definitely got to know his body but I'll just say to keep track of him next year.
post #76686 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Route View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abematic View Post

talks hard ?
I believe he's the last person to talk hard lol idk what you got against him but a guy looking as good as he has with 3 major injuries, you must have something against him lol

You know as well as anyone that he is held to a higher standard. If he cant handle the injuries, he should just retire and show more effort instead about talking about pain threshold.

Theres no sympathy in the NBA.
fam that literally makes no sense

you USUALLY on point

but saying he cant handle injuries you gotta be completely ignoring the on court from him post 3 major I's
post #76687 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abematic View Post

obviously hes handled his injuries well enough to play at a competive level again. Especially at an efficient level after the all star break. 18ppg, 47% fg, 48% 3s.

He's definitely got to know his body but I'll just say to keep track of him next year.

Yes, but he‘ll always be known for sitting out games, for refusing to play because of pain. In his defense, it really is tough, but as they say, you can be as vocal as you want, but you have to be out there to do battle with your team.

Dressing up in Versace suits and getting freah fades for nationally televised game and pumping fists ain‘t gonna cut it. We‘re talking about Rose here. Go out and play.

You would think, he went to hell 3 times, whats a 4th or 5th.

You might also think about how they treated Thibs and how Butler was perhaps overpayed and how this might be Karma. Honestly, Pau is the only guy there with RINGs, yet the self centered guys never thought about deferring to him. Pau may not be as vocal, but he is sure sincere enough to where if you respect and cater to him, he will go fight tooth and nail for you. Sadly, neither Rose, nor Butler see this as they continue their selfish ways.

In any event, the Bulls went all in this past off season and it has not looked good at all!!!
post #76688 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by ill steelo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiengambino View Post

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15047018/how-nike-lost-stephen-curry-armour

Interesting story on how Nike lost Curry to UA
Quote:
Strachan recalls of 2013, "That summer, when it was really decision time, [Nike] were looking at Kyrie Irving and Anthony Davis coming up. They gave Kyrie a camp and they gave Anthony Davis a camp. They didn't give Steph a camp."

The pitch meeting, according to Steph's father Dell, who was present, kicked off with one Nike official accidentally addressing Stephen as "Steph-on," the moniker, of course, of Steve Urkel's alter ego in Family Matters. "I heard some people pronounce his name wrong before," says Dell Curry. "I wasn't surprised. I was surprised that I didn't get a correction."

It got worse from there. A PowerPoint slide featured Kevin Durant's name, presumably left on by accident, presumably residue from repurposed materials. "I stopped paying attention after that," Dell says. Though Dell resolved to "keep a poker face," throughout the entirety of the pitch, the decision to leave Nike was in the works.

In the meeting, according to Dell, there was never a strong indication that Steph would become a signature athlete with Nike. "They have certain tiers of athletes," Dell says. "They have Kobe, LeBron and Durant, who were their three main guys. If he signed back with them, we're on that second tier."

roll.gif at Steph-on
Dude should almost get fired for that. Not just because Steph became who he was, but because they couldn't get the basic things right. Like pronouncing an American name & reviewing the powerpoint. Inexcusable.
I hope he did. Guy lost one of the biggest clients that Nike could have been raking in money from.
LA Dodgers, Anaheim Angels, Anaheim Ducks, LA Galaxy, Minnesota TImberwolves, Carolina Panthers smokin.gif

Follow me on Twitter @therantingazn
LA Dodgers, Anaheim Angels, Anaheim Ducks, LA Galaxy, Minnesota TImberwolves, Carolina Panthers smokin.gif

Follow me on Twitter @therantingazn
post #76689 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmaz96 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Van Ho View Post

 
The Pels are so cringe to watch right now
AD needs more ______ 

cowbell


who repped this post from November at 3:00 this morning? 8o:lol 

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

post #76690 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog1 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post

kid cant counter my fax so tries to insult me laugh.gif

always trying to bait me into crossing the line so he can report me again laugh.gif

he want's me to be banned so bad roll.gifroll.gif

I went to bed, so that's why I didn't respond to anything you said. And I don't see how you've countered anything I said about Kobe last night with "fax." Go back and read the thread and you'll see I said the proof of Kobe's great leadership has come mostly in the form of quotes about Kobe from people who either currently play/work for the Lakers or have washed out of the league. Your latest batch of quotes is fully consistent with that. Fax, B. (clearly doesnt understand the context of my original post, here's a quick breakdown of the series of events. JPX lists ex lakers players and claims they were not effected by kobe's leadership. lawdog quotes the post saying that only people currently on lakers payroll have provided quotes, referring to all the fax i provided a few weeks ago, this implies "haha if kobe is so great why didn't seaman find quotes from these guys". I come in and provide quotes on these guys, lawdog now attempts to accuse me of not reading what he said, ironic.)

Here's my full position on the issue, so I don't have to address it again.

Quotes from current and former teammates about how good a leader Kobe is are not facts; they're opinions. Opinions from people who may not be in a position to speak objectively about the subject. I'm if someone went into the Cavs locker room and started asking all their players whether LeBron is a good leader they would say favorable things. Would you accept those opinions as probative facts? I think not. (uses "who may not be" to suggest that these players might be lying, yet doesn't follow up on this and provide any evidence to support this claim. classic empty counterpoint. Instead the next line is about me because when you can't counter the argument you try to shift attention to the person making the argument. What it means to be a good leader is in itself an opinion, HOWEVER a large majority of his ex and current teammates calling him a great teammate is a FACT. Logically I would think it makes sense that the people best suited to evaluate kobe's leadership ability would be the people who are directly effected by his leadership, his teammates. and to reiterate, the character traits that these players look for in good leaders is an opinion. the fact that according to all these players kobe fits the bill as a good leader is a fact. so yes, I have brought you FAX on FAX on FAX and you have given me nothing so far.)

The only way to objectively evaluate how good a leader someone is, IMO, is to look at the results they get. Kobe's track record in that department is pretty spotty. The Lakers have done well with him as the face of the franchise when they happened to have the most talented roster and the arguably the best coach ever. Aside from those periods, things haven't been so great. 

Since the 2010 title, the team has gotten progressively worse to the point they've been one of the poorest teams in the league 3 years running. They have failed to sign any of the marquee free agents they've gone after and also lost the biggest acquisition they got in trade, largely because of Kobe. (this is your first legitimate point, yes team record is a way to evaluate leadership and the lakers team record being terrible these last few years is a fact. good job!)

What is the value of Kobe's leadership if its not translating into team wins or the overall betterment of the franchise? All the quotes in the world don't disprove the fact that the Lakers haven't exactly flourished during this period when Kobe has supposedly become such a great leader and mentor. But hey, its cool that his teammates say nice things about him and works out well during this farewell tour. (now you go back to rhetorical questions and follow up statements to the one sentence worth of fact you have presented me in all 300 words of mostly meaningless fluff)

I'm sure you'll now go get your Google on and throw some more quotes at me from non-Lakers who still are in the NBA. And keep doing it until I retract what I said. So, let's skip all that and move on to more important things like slandering LeBum and CP0(back to talking about me rather than attempting to come with actual points and counter points, nothing wrong with a personal jab here and there but if you want to have a cogent argument, you have to have more evidence backed points.)

see this is what I mean by people are not able to articulate good counter arguments, sure its a lot of words and well written but not much substance. 

 

if someone took the time and was able to find examples of anecdotal evidence that lebron is a good leader then that would be a solid counter point to the things said about that fraud in here. but all you did was bring up the hypothetical of someone doing that which is meaningless. none of us are in the locker rooms or see what they do in practice so yes, a teammate/ex-teammate saying something about a player holds way more weight than an NTer that watches games once in a while and forms opinions based on personal bias. 

 

lets look at the results kobe has gotten. it's no coincidence that we have been a terrible team for the three years that kobe has been hurt, that's usually what happens when your team loses its best player. the guy has been a great leader and mentor for the past decade, how's a clippers fan going to downplay a period where a team has won two championships while you're still hanging up pictures of austin rivers? 

 

fact is most of our roster has been awful for the past 4 years. but look at it from a case by case basis and its easy to see that these players all played better with kobe.

 

Jodie Meeks had a career high in FG%, 3PT%, PTS while playing for kobe. been trash since leaving

 

Jordan Farmar had his best and most productive years playing alongside kobe. became trash after he started playing for the clippers

 

wes johnson had the two best season's of his career both in efficiency and output playing under kobe's mentor ship, has since seen a drop in effectiveness after starting to play with that little clown you probably consider a better leader

 

nick young had the worst season of his career (despite leading them to the second round of the playoffs) with the clippers, yet somehow he starts playing better once he moves to kobe's team

 

darrius morris was never good enough to stay in the league but kobe managed to maximise his limited potential enough to sucker the clippers into signing him

 

obviously guys like Pau, Lamar and Bynum flourished when playing with kobe, have been mediocre at best since leaving the lakers

 

 

point is, he consistently has gotten both allstar talent and sub par talent to elevate their games. people love to talk about how the spurs make random scrubs look good, kobe is basically a one man spurs organization. 

 

there's a reason your team keeps signing ex lakers players and half way through the season you guys start complaining about how bad they are, they don't have kobe's leadership to maximise their limited potential anymore.

 

 

and for those keeping track at home, notice that again I have provided multiple examples to help support my point rather than spitting out empty statements that sound nice but are unsubstantiated. to help out I'll even underline all the valid points in each post. 

 

so again, if you want to not seem like an irrational hater who says things just for the sake of saying them then please come back with actual points and counterpoints to support your argument. It's a waste of both our times to consistently come back at me with fluff 

 

for a dude who practices law, you cant keep getting your "arguments" torn apart by kids like me :lol

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

post #76691 of 93193

8o

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

post #76692 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCity View Post

fam that literally makes no sense

you USUALLY on point

but saying he cant handle injuries you gotta be completely ignoring the on court from him post 3 major I's


That is why it‘s so hard. Him talking about not being able to handle.pain so often and how Calipari talked about it, further extends this notion.

I know you guys want to sympathize, but Rose has got to talk less and go out there and play. Look at where they are now with the, "i aint gonna play till im 100%" stuff, while old guys like Pau are grinding it out with way way more mileage than Rose!!

Someone show Rose that AI commercial where he was playing with injuries.

Rose pulling a McNabb, Cam Newton, Jay Cutler type..
post #76693 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Route View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abematic View Post

obviously hes handled his injuries well enough to play at a competive level again. Especially at an efficient level after the all star break. 18ppg, 47% fg, 48% 3s.

He's definitely got to know his body but I'll just say to keep track of him next year.

Yes, but he‘ll always be known for sitting out games, for refusing to play because of pain. In his defense, it really is tough, but as they say, you can be as vocal as you want, but you have to be out there to do battle with your team.

Dressing up in Versace suits and getting freah fades for nationally televised game and pumping fists ain‘t gonna cut it. We‘re talking about Rose here. Go out and play.

You would think, he went to hell 3 times, whats a 4th or 5th.

You might also think about how they treated Thibs and how Butler was perhaps overpayed and how this might be Karma. Honestly, Pau is the only guy there with RINGs, yet the self centered guys never thought about deferring to him. Pau may not be as vocal, but he is sure sincere enough to where if you respect and cater to him, he will go fight tooth and nail for you. Sadly, neither Rose, nor Butler see this as they continue their selfish ways.

In any event, the Bulls went all in this past off season and it has not looked good at all!!!


What the hell are you even talking about right now fam?

Seriously deferring to Pau? eek.gif Defer what to Pau?

He's just here to collect a check he never came here to be a "leader"
CHECKOUT A NEW VIDEO FROM "RS Aristo" PLEASE SHARE WITH OTHERS, THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT nthat.gif

pimp.gif#SubstanceOverSurface #AlwaysCountCashpimp.gif
NEW VIDEO ALERT: RS Aristo - "Mile Away"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v...




CHECKOUT A NEW VIDEO FROM "RS Aristo" PLEASE SHARE WITH OTHERS, THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT nthat.gif

pimp.gif#SubstanceOverSurface #AlwaysCountCashpimp.gif
NEW VIDEO ALERT: RS Aristo - "Mile Away"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v...




post #76694 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmaz96 View Post

CeQPy3NUMAAgtuJ.jpg:large

Stephon Curry

dude would average 60 ppg in china and they would build another great wall in his honour :hat

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

post #76695 of 93193
@sea manup with the



fhDFs.gif
LA Dodgers, Anaheim Angels, Anaheim Ducks, LA Galaxy, Minnesota TImberwolves, Carolina Panthers smokin.gif

Follow me on Twitter @therantingazn
LA Dodgers, Anaheim Angels, Anaheim Ducks, LA Galaxy, Minnesota TImberwolves, Carolina Panthers smokin.gif

Follow me on Twitter @therantingazn
post #76696 of 93193
Why you guys gotta quote massive text. Plus that curry article on Yahoo is old. Nike gives no damn about Bay Area boys anyways.
post #76697 of 93193
Hope Rose continue this. One of my favorite players man. A real one.
Ravens, O's, Nuggets, Jazz
Ravens, O's, Nuggets, Jazz
post #76698 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Route View Post

Why you guys gotta quote massive text. Plus that curry article on Yahoo is old. Nike gives no damn about Bay Area boys anyways.
it's from espn...and it was posted on espn's website yesterday laugh.gif
LA Dodgers, Anaheim Angels, Anaheim Ducks, LA Galaxy, Minnesota TImberwolves, Carolina Panthers smokin.gif

Follow me on Twitter @therantingazn
LA Dodgers, Anaheim Angels, Anaheim Ducks, LA Galaxy, Minnesota TImberwolves, Carolina Panthers smokin.gif

Follow me on Twitter @therantingazn
post #76699 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Route View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCity View Post

fam that literally makes no sense

you USUALLY on point

but saying he cant handle injuries you gotta be completely ignoring the on court from him post 3 major I's


That is why it‘s so hard. Him talking about not being able to handle.pain so often and how Calipari talked about it, further extends this notion.

I know you guys want to sympathize, but Rose has got to talk less and go out there and play. Look at where they are now with the, "i aint gonna play till im 100%" stuff, while old guys like Pau are grinding it out with way way more mileage than Rose!!

Someone show Rose that AI commercial where he was playing with injuries.

Rose pulling a McNabb, Cam Newton, Jay Cutler type..

nah bro your tripping

evidenced by the fact you think they should be deferring to pau who aint nothing more than a cigar store Indian in 60-70% of the plays & plays hard literally when he feels like it (see knicks back 2 back .. g1 he gets cooked by porzing multiple times in Chicago the very next night he cant play...foh)
post #76700 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSneakerhead23 View Post

What the hell are you even talking about right now fam?

Seriously deferring to Pau? eek.gif Defer what to Pau?

He's just here to collect a check he never came here to be a "leader"

Im talking 10 years down the line, in downtown Chicago when you see Rose shoveling snow around his Buick. TMZ is gonna ask him about who he looked up to, who he went for advice, and he ain‘t gonna be mentioning Pau‘s name.

Pau came there to help provide veteran experience and leadership. He doesnt need the stats and to be the number 1 option either. Im talking about mentorship and advice.

Kind of how AI mentions Aaron MckIe,
post #76701 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Route View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSneakerhead23 View Post

What the hell are you even talking about right now fam?

Seriously deferring to Pau? eek.gif Defer what to Pau?

He's just here to collect a check he never came here to be a "leader"

Im talking 10 years down the line, in downtown Chicago when you see Rose shoveling snow around his Buick. 

:rollin

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

post #76702 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Route View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSneakerhead23 View Post

What the hell are you even talking about right now fam?

Seriously deferring to Pau? eek.gif Defer what to Pau?

He's just here to collect a check he never came here to be a "leader"

Im talking 10 years down the line, in downtown Chicago when you see Rose shoveling snow around his Buick. ,

but you expect to be taken serious bravelude? cmon fam

stick to facts n leave the make believe where it is
post #76703 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCity View Post

nah bro your tripping

evidenced by the fact you think they should be deferring to pau who aint nothing more than a cigar store Indian in 60-70% of the plays & plays hard literally when he feels like it (see knicks back 2 back .. g1 he gets cooked by porzing multiple times in Chicago the very next night he cant play...foh)

I agree on you on the defensive end, but hes always been like that. At least he has played more games than Rose ever will!!!
post #76704 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Route View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCity View Post

nah bro your tripping

evidenced by the fact you think they should be deferring to pau who aint nothing more than a cigar store Indian in 60-70% of the plays & plays hard literally when he feels like it (see knicks back 2 back .. g1 he gets cooked by porzing multiple times in Chicago the very next night he cant play...foh)

I agree on you on the defensive end, but hes always been like that. At least he has played more games than Rose ever will!!!

but that does NOTHING for YOUR point

nada

& it gotta be taken with a huge grain of salt cuz these are pau's last years & clearly that aint the case for rose if hes healthy
post #76705 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmaz96 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmaz96 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Van Ho View Post

 
The Pels are so cringe to watch right now
AD needs more ______ 

cowbell


who repped this post from November at 3:00 this morning? 8o:lol 

I DID. I didnt rep it when I saw it first but I quoted it but should have.

 

GOTTA HAVE MORE COWBELL

San Antonio Spurs: MCMXCIX, MMIII, MMV, MMVII, MMXIV


I Never Cried When _____ Died, But I Definitely Will When Hov Does

San Antonio Spurs: MCMXCIX, MMIII, MMV, MMVII, MMXIV


I Never Cried When _____ Died, But I Definitely Will When Hov Does

post #76706 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCity View Post

but you expect to be taken serious bravelude? cmon fam

stick to facts n leave the make believe where it is

e36f8f5920e742c1de3f9d6e5da2da2c.jpg

Paging earl.da goat to CHOP this Bentley into a Buick.

Or maybe an EK, or DC2 so Rose can look riced out.
post #76707 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCity View Post

but that does NOTHING for YOUR point

nada

& it gotta be taken with a huge grain of salt cuz these are pau's last years & clearly that aint the case for rose if hes healthy

Well, Im just saying. Guess well see how this plays out with Pau gone next year?
post #76708 of 93193
Why y'all continuously to seriously engage hot route is still beyond me laugh.gif.
Ravens, O's, Nuggets, Jazz
Ravens, O's, Nuggets, Jazz
post #76709 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post
 
how's a clippers fan going to downplay a period where a team has won two championships while you're still hanging up pictures of austin rivers?

 

yikes

BROOKLYN BORN

BRONX RAISED

HARLEM EDUCATED

 

"Blue and orange everything, clearly what I'm repping

and the pressure that come with it like I'm wearing number 7"

BROOKLYN BORN

BRONX RAISED

HARLEM EDUCATED

 

"Blue and orange everything, clearly what I'm repping

and the pressure that come with it like I'm wearing number 7"

post #76710 of 93193
the pic of Rose shoveling snow cracks me up every time laugh.gif

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
This thread is locked  
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke