NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke - Page 2559  

post #76741 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by rck3sactown View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy View Post

you just saved my life

thank you friend

thats what super friends are for :D 

latest?cb=20100415213738

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

post #76742 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post

I acknowledged your one bit of evidence and offered a counter point, what you said about the lakers having a terrible record is still a completely valid point but I offered a reason to why I dont think it is telling of kobe's leadership. 

"No matter what I come up with, you'll find a qualifier to reject or explain why it didn't count." - Isn't this the very core of forming a good counter argument? Either provide evidence to show why it's invalid or to explain (not make empty statements) why I don't see it being as strong of an argument that you say it is? 

you basically told me the online argument version of "It's pointless to play you 1v1. No matter what moves I hit you with you will work hard on defense to try and prevent me from scoring"

I spend all day in here joking about an ever growing list of players, if you wish to take half the stuff I say seriously then that's on you.

I'm just saying that I have provided you with mountains of evidence towards him being a good leader, you have pointed out team record. In my opinion, with all the evidence laid out in front of us, it would be irrational to think he is a bad leader. 

we have both been petty in this back and forth, you can throw shots at me all you wan't it's all in good fun. just be sure to come at me with actual argumentative points next time. 

To be completely fair, the position you're taking here gives you an advantage in terms of coming up with evidence. There's very few NBA players who are going to publicly criticize one of the league's preeminent superstars for fear of burning bridges, etc. So, it stands to reason that all the commentary out there would be vastly pro-Kobe. There are some articles out there, from not particularly credible sources, listing people that allegedly have issues with Kobe. But they most rely on second-hand info and quotes from "sources," so I didn't bother posting any of that stuff.

But here are a couple examples, just to prove the stuff is out there:

http://www.thesportster.com/basketball/10-nba-players-who-dont-like-kobe-bryant/?view=all

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/5/27/8672963/jared-dudley-kobe-bryant-comments-teammate-lakers-2015


There are, of course, of few well documented instances of people who have openly criticized Kobe, like Smush and Dwight. But I know if I mention them, you'll just dismiss them as being soft mentally and unable to handle Kobe's leadership style. That's why I said you'll come up with qualifiers for what concrete information I can offer.

So, given the lack of first hand criticisms regarding Kobe, the best thing I have to rely on is how the Lakers have done with Kobe as the face of the franchise. And, as I said before, when Phil hasn't been around, Kobe's ability to get the most out of his teammates have been much less present. So, that's why I don't consider all the points you've made to be a "mountain of evidence" proving he's a good leader. When Kobe was in his prime and Phil was the coach, the Lakers were awesome. When all the factors weren't present, as has been the case for the last six years, things haven't gone nearly as well.

But no Phil and less talent, I don't know you can say that Kobe was able to get those teams to overachieve. They were pretty bad. Given all that, I think my reservations about him are reasonable and based on facts. If you want to call it irrational hatred, that's up to you.

But now I'm really moving on. Swear.
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
post #76743 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post

this.

I have all the respect in the world for lawdog, he's a good guy and one of the better posters on NT. People have different perspectives and opinions so sometimes disagreements happen, if everyone agreed with me (the world would be a better place) but life would be so boring. 

Back at you, brother.
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
post #76744 of 93193
take it to PMs already eyes.gif
Da Angels.Da Lakers.Da Raiders
Da Angels.Da Lakers.Da Raiders
post #76745 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by akajaedeuce View Post

take it to PMs already eyes.gif

Fair enough.
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
post #76746 of 93193

this is a dope video for any basketball fan

 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

post #76747 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by akajaedeuce View Post

take it to PMs already eyes.gif
This man has had it!

Hello darkness, my old friend - Kings fan

We are Tottenham, From the Lane...

USA Ain't Nothin' To Asterisk With 

My biography, as told by Grandtheftbike

Hello darkness, my old friend - Kings fan

We are Tottenham, From the Lane...

USA Ain't Nothin' To Asterisk With 

My biography, as told by Grandtheftbike

post #76748 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by rck3sactown View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by akajaedeuce View Post

take it to PMs already eyes.gif
This man has had it!
roll.gif
post #76749 of 93193

I'll let lawdog have the last word this time but on a semi related note, that article he posted led me to this:

 

http://www.thesportster.com/basketball/top-13-people-who-dont-like-michael-jordan/

 

:rollin at #3

 

Either this is a joke or this "reporter" mistakes competitive spirit for hate 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

post #76750 of 93193
i think kobes biggest problem is he doesn't have any friends.
if he did he could have teamed up with them for his last season.
either you step up or you step off.
either you step up or you step off.
post #76751 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosdef24 View Post

i think kobes biggest problem is he doesn't have any friends.
if he did he could have teamed up with them for his last season.

if only he was willing to take a paycut to play with KG, Tmac and Jason Kidd :{

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

post #76752 of 93193
rck is also a troll (a bad one at that)

but yall shleep tho.
Da Angels.Da Lakers.Da Raiders
Da Angels.Da Lakers.Da Raiders
post #76753 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by akajaedeuce View Post

rck is also a troll (a bad one at that)

That's mean
post #76754 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by akajaedeuce View Post

rck is also a troll (a bad one at that)

but yall shleep tho.

tbh fwiw you should leave rck alone

 

imo

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

post #76755 of 93193
laugh.gif
Da Angels.Da Lakers.Da Raiders
Da Angels.Da Lakers.Da Raiders
post #76756 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by akajaedeuce View Post

rck is also a troll (a bad one at that)

but yall shleep tho.

take it to pm

Hello darkness, my old friend - Kings fan

We are Tottenham, From the Lane...

USA Ain't Nothin' To Asterisk With 

My biography, as told by Grandtheftbike

Hello darkness, my old friend - Kings fan

We are Tottenham, From the Lane...

USA Ain't Nothin' To Asterisk With 

My biography, as told by Grandtheftbike

post #76757 of 93193
I did. Check your history.



Anywho, can we talk about Dlo some more.

33yizj9.jpg
Da Angels.Da Lakers.Da Raiders
Da Angels.Da Lakers.Da Raiders
post #76758 of 93193

damn we got some deep beefs going on with RCK right now

 

 

 

 

sidenote: "deep beefs" probably made rck hungry 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

post #76759 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog1 View Post

To be completely fair, the position you're taking here gives you an advantage in terms of coming up with evidence. There's very few NBA players who are going to publicly criticize one of the league's preeminent superstars for fear of burning bridges, etc. So, it stands to reason that all the commentary out there would be vastly pro-Kobe. There are some articles out there, from not particularly credible sources, listing people that allegedly have issues with Kobe. But they most rely on second-hand info and quotes from "sources," so I didn't bother posting any of that stuff.

But here are a couple examples, just to prove the stuff is out there:

http://www.thesportster.com/basketball/10-nba-players-who-dont-like-kobe-bryant/?view=all

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/5/27/8672963/jared-dudley-kobe-bryant-comments-teammate-lakers-2015


There are, of course, of few well documented instances of people who have openly criticized Kobe, like Smush and Dwight. But I know if I mention them, you'll just dismiss them as being soft mentally and unable to handle Kobe's leadership style. That's why I said you'll come up with qualifiers for what concrete information I can offer.

So, given the lack of first hand criticisms regarding Kobe, the best thing I have to rely on is how the Lakers have done with Kobe as the face of the franchise. And, as I said before, when Phil hasn't been around, Kobe's ability to get the most out of his teammates have been much less present. So, that's why I don't consider all the points you've made to be a "mountain of evidence" proving he's a good leader. When Kobe was in his prime and Phil was the coach, the Lakers were awesome. When all the factors weren't present, as has been the case for the last six years, things haven't gone nearly as well.

But no Phil and less talent, I don't know you can say that Kobe was able to get those teams to overachieve. They were pretty bad. Given all that, I think my reservations about him are reasonable and based on facts. If you want to call it irrational hatred, that's up to you.

But now I'm really moving on. Swear.


I agree with you. I don‘t really agree with Kobe‘s approach about berating his team mates and rubbing them incorrectly. Seemingly, people think it is alright, when it is not. I think it‘s why people hate him. Kobe‘s incident in denver didn‘t help either. Looking back, you had Fisher and Kobe, BOTH wearing masks on the team. How fake can you get?

Obviously there are different types of leaders, but you will always have those that either like or dislike him.

I‘m trying to think of an example of good leadership in the NBA, and trying to think of situational examples, but I can‘t....
post #76760 of 93193
Just saw the video. God damn the way nick young just talks aggregates me. And at the end when Russell brings out Amber Rose, he's trying to fish it out of him man. What a clown.
post #76761 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by akajaedeuce View Post

I did. Check your history.

*checking pm*

 

 

I don't see any pm tbh

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post
 

damn we got some deep beefs going on with RCK right now

 

 

 

 

sidenote: "deep beefs" probably made rck hungry 

I just had eggs and pork chops so I'm cool for now

Hello darkness, my old friend - Kings fan

We are Tottenham, From the Lane...

USA Ain't Nothin' To Asterisk With 

My biography, as told by Grandtheftbike

Hello darkness, my old friend - Kings fan

We are Tottenham, From the Lane...

USA Ain't Nothin' To Asterisk With 

My biography, as told by Grandtheftbike

post #76762 of 93193
CeayjgfXIAIBLua?format=pjpg&name=large

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

NY Knicks | NY Jets | NY Yankees

 

"When I die I want the Knicks/Jets to carry my casket so they can let me down one last time"

 

post #76763 of 93193
trash teams lose to trash teams all the time.

not sure why Taj is trippin.
Da Angels.Da Lakers.Da Raiders
Da Angels.Da Lakers.Da Raiders
post #76764 of 93193
Bigs win championships, and Kobe and LA had so many bigs come and go.

Bynum
Shaq
Pau
Dwight

Man, the cat who said LA winning just 2 in the last 7-8 years was it was correct. If Kobe played it a lityle better and actually collaborated and encouraged others and even stroke-jobbing the egos of these bigs, LA would‘ve actually be contending for more rings.

The notion that Kobe is hard to work with is not a secret and is a valid point. Kobe‘s narcisstic ways caused the franchise to spiral south. As one would say, "he will take us as far as he goes."

Once the deleveraging came, everything just tanked. Stops were ran through and life time lows started hit LA. Worst record, etc etc.

Laker fans must brace this, for no one, other than Kobe could stop Kobe. Once he is gone, his shadow will disappear and LA will be open to a new leader, a new hero willing to face similar challenges as he strives to lead LA out of unchartered territory.
post #76765 of 93193

jimmy butler bout to stop wearing pants so that he's no longer reminded of knickerbockers 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

post #76766 of 93193
nerd.gif
post #76767 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post

jimmy butler bout to stop wearing pants so that he's no longer reminded of knickerbockers 
so corny
post #76768 of 93193

hol up doe

 

i just lost 16 reps 8o

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

post #76769 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post
 

hol up doe

 

i just lost 16 reps 8o

tbh I lost like 4, so idc who got banned 8o

Hello darkness, my old friend - Kings fan

We are Tottenham, From the Lane...

USA Ain't Nothin' To Asterisk With 

My biography, as told by Grandtheftbike

Hello darkness, my old friend - Kings fan

We are Tottenham, From the Lane...

USA Ain't Nothin' To Asterisk With 

My biography, as told by Grandtheftbike

post #76770 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by rck3sactown View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post
 

hol up doe

 

i just lost 16 reps 8o

tbh I lost like 4, so idc who got banned 8o

neither of these numbers are multiples of 6 so at least we know ska is safe 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
This thread is locked  
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke