NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › 5th Grade Teacher Dresses in Blackface for Halloween
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

5th Grade Teacher Dresses in Blackface for Halloween - Page 21

post #601 of 948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand2HandKing View Post
 

 

so please elaborate on these "harmful" stereotypes other races face

 

 

 

The irony, cause this is the same dude that calls people out on dismissing "micro aggressions" against his own race. The white man did a very good job at radicalizing American society, and you my friend are the product. Same mentality, different skin tone.

Deus est mortuus, logica obtinet.

Reply

Deus est mortuus, logica obtinet.

Reply
post #602 of 948
Hand2HandKing is like the Flood in Halo. Uniting people that are at battling with one another, to team up and focus either efforts on defeating him mean.giflaugh.gif
post #603 of 948
Thread Starter 

i didnt bring up native americans or stereotypes, yall did until i showed you how ineffective it is

 

youve still yet to answer any of the three questions i posed to you

 

what is black institutionalized racism?

 

what are black stereotypes that blacks invented that negatively impact other races?

 

what is black discrimination and how does it negatively impact people of other races?

post #604 of 948
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford View Post

Hand2HandKing is like the Flood in Halo. Uniting people that are at battling with one another, to team up and focus either efforts on defeating him mean.giflaugh.gif


He's proof that there may actually be hope for a united front against ignorance. :lol Maybe he's some type of racism savant and is sacrificing his own perceived intelligence for the greater good. 

Deus est mortuus, logica obtinet.

Reply

Deus est mortuus, logica obtinet.

Reply
post #605 of 948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand2HandKing View Post

so please elaborate on these "harmful" stereotypes other races face

and explain how these stereotypes negatively impact people of other races to the extent that black people face


Do you believe that stereotypes are harmless unless they're directed at black people?
...
Reply
...
Reply
post #606 of 948
Thread Starter 

its not me

 

its yall who get angry and try to dissect every word i say

 

call me everything under the sun

 

im not apologetic, and im not going to subscribe to any of yalls bs

 

the fact is yall dont like what i say cuz u know its true

post #607 of 948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand2HandKing View Post
 

i didnt bring up native americans or stereotypes, yall did until i showed you how ineffective it is

 

youve still yet to answer any of the three questions i posed to you

 

what is black institutionalized racism?

 

what are black stereotypes that blacks invented that negatively impact other races?

 

what is black discrimination and how does it negatively impact people of other races?

 

 

Saying Native American stereotypes is "ineffective" is an example of black discrimination. Unfortunately I don't think there are enough Native Americans left to even be offended. If I were Native American I'd be highly offended by your comment and i would call you an ugly, bigoted, racist.

 

 

 

"NOT A BIG DEAL" "NOT AS BAD" "INEFFECTIVE" "WE HAD IT WORSE".........................

 

 

 

 

Leave it to a hypocrite to call people out for dismissing acts of prejudice and stereotyping against his race while downplaying the struggles of another. You sound just like the people you hate boy.

Deus est mortuus, logica obtinet.

Reply

Deus est mortuus, logica obtinet.

Reply
post #608 of 948
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLVN View Post


Do you believe that stereotypes are harmless unless they're directed at black people?

 

i believe the most harmful stereotypes are directed at black people

 

now please explain to me how white people not being able to dance or asian being good at math or "shirtless native americans" correlate with the "angry black male" stereotype and "fear" that whites have of black people?

post #609 of 948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand2HandKing View Post
 

its not me

 

its yall who get angry and try to dissect every word i say

 

call me everything under the sun

 

im not apologetic, and im not going to subscribe to any of yalls bs

 

the fact is yall dont like what i say cuz u know its true

Oh I apologize that most of us on this forum know how to read. If you don't want us to dissect the nonsense you spew, think before you type.

 

 

Most racists are unapologetic, that's why they are racists. 

 

 

We don't like what you say because it's ignorant. That's like a racist white man saying you don't like what he's saying because its true. You sound just like them and it's burning a hole through your blackened, hateful, heart. 

Deus est mortuus, logica obtinet.

Reply

Deus est mortuus, logica obtinet.

Reply
post #610 of 948
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIONBLOOD View Post
 

 

Leave it to a hypocrite to call people out for dismissing acts of prejudice and stereotyping against his race while downplaying the struggles of another. You sound just like the people you hate boy.

 

you keep saying this but ive only expressed negativity towards white people

 

i didnt bring up native americans, and i never said they werent stereotyped

 

simply show me how negative native american stereotypes damage native americans to the extent that negative black stereotypes damage black people

post #611 of 948
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIONBLOOD View Post
 
 

 

i dont have a problem with it

 

my point is that it makes you so mad to hear the truth that you make arguments that werent even there

 

i never said anything about other races in this thread, but what do you know once the black people are racist bubble got popped...

post #612 of 948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand2HandKing View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIONBLOOD View Post

 

Leave it to a hypocrite to call people out for dismissing acts of prejudice and stereotyping against his race while downplaying the struggles of another. You sound just like the people you hate boy.

you keep saying this but ive only expressed negativity towards white people

i didnt bring up native americans, and i never said they werent stereotyped

simply show me how negative native american stereotypes damage native americans to the extent that negative black stereotypes damage black people



post #613 of 948
Quote:
Originally Posted by JChambers View Post


 

 

I'm dying. :lol

 

 

Dude is probably the type to preach to a Native American about how the ******** is honoring the Native American heritage while simultaneously trying to condemn other races on telling blacks how they should feel about stereotypes. 

Deus est mortuus, logica obtinet.

Reply

Deus est mortuus, logica obtinet.

Reply
post #614 of 948
Thread Starter 

why dont you get back to telling me about black systematic racism and how it doesnt exist?

 

or how black dont create stereotypes?

 

or how blacks discriminate and negatively impact people of other races?

post #615 of 948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Zik View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigj505 View Post

An admin exposed himself.... As what? A racist black man?
Actually, racist aint the word. I can think of a whole lot of other words for what I've read.

I'd love to see all of the other words you have for me then.
"Jordan earned $110 million in 2015 thanks to sales of Nike's Jordan brand increasing by 14%, according to Forbes."
JB was dead in '15 huh?
Reply
"Jordan earned $110 million in 2015 thanks to sales of Nike's Jordan brand increasing by 14%, according to Forbes."
JB was dead in '15 huh?
Reply
post #616 of 948
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigj505 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Zik View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigj505 View Post

An admin exposed himself.... As what? A racist black man?
Actually, racist aint the word. I can think of a whole lot of other words for what I've read.

I'd love to see all of the other words you have for me then.

200.gif
post #617 of 948
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford View Post


200.gif

 

 

Deus est mortuus, logica obtinet.

Reply

Deus est mortuus, logica obtinet.

Reply
post #618 of 948
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigj505 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Zik View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigj505 View Post

An admin exposed himself.... As what? A racist black man?
Actually, racist aint the word. I can think of a whole lot of other words for what I've read.

I'd love to see all of the other words you have for me then.

200.gif

its bait yet he's the one that put it out there....

That makes no sense
"Jordan earned $110 million in 2015 thanks to sales of Nike's Jordan brand increasing by 14%, according to Forbes."
JB was dead in '15 huh?
Reply
"Jordan earned $110 million in 2015 thanks to sales of Nike's Jordan brand increasing by 14%, according to Forbes."
JB was dead in '15 huh?
Reply
post #619 of 948
In my view, a stereotype can be fairly innocuous or it can be very harmful depending on circumstance and history. When it comes to stereotypes held by whites towards blacks, those stereotypes are particularly harmful because every stereotype that exists about black people, in America, has ultimately been a justification for conquest and plunder.

Some of these stereotypes-as-cause-for-plunder are pretty easy to spot. You say that black folks are lazy and sexually lascivious and that is justification for slavery and harsh Jim Crow laws and police brutality. While the connection between claims of black indolence and hyper sexuality and the supposed need for physical control of the black body are rather clear to discern, the more minor stereotypes about black people ultimately have an ugly history and implications as well.

The stereotype about Watermelons was and is used to show that black people are infantile and are undeserving of political power even within the confines of their own communities. The Black people as loud troupe was frequently cited as yet more proof that black people are wholly unsuited for participation in republican governance. Even something as seemingly positive as the "strong black woman" stereotype (along with the sassy black woman stereotype), is really an invitation to inflict violence on the black, female body in a way that most would never dream of inflicting on a white, female body.

In a perfect world, we would never indulge ourselves in stereotypes of any kind but since we do, it is wise to rank stereotypes based on their context and their intent. Within the context of white people in America, virtually every stereotype about black folks was and is, more or less, a casus belli against the black body.
post #620 of 948
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigj505 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Zik View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigj505 View Post

An admin exposed himself.... As what? A racist black man?
Actually, racist aint the word. I can think of a whole lot of other words for what I've read.

I'd love to see all of the other words you have for me then.

200.gif

:rollin:rollin:rollinwhat a great gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

Reply

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

Reply
post #621 of 948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexanglorum View Post

In my view, a stereotype can be fairly innocuous or it can be very harmful depending on circumstance and history. When it comes to stereotypes held by whites towards blacks, those stereotypes are particularly harmful because every stereotype that exists about black people, in America, has ultimately been a justification for conquest and plunder.

Some of these stereotypes-as-cause-for-plunder are pretty easy to spot. You say that black folks are lazy and sexually lascivious and that is justification for slavery and harsh Jim Crow laws and police brutality. While the connection between claims of black indolence and hyper sexuality and the supposed need for physical control of the black body are rather clear to discern, the more minor stereotypes about black people ultimately have an ugly history and implications as well.

The stereotype about Watermelons was and is used to show that black people are infantile and are undeserving of political power even within the confines of their own communities. The Black people as loud troupe was frequently cited as yet more proof that black people are wholly unsuited for participation in republican governance. Even something as seemingly positive as the "strong black woman" stereotype (along with the sassy black woman stereotype), is really an invitation to inflict violence on the black, female body in a way that most would never dream of inflicting on a white, female body.

In a perfect world, we would never indulge ourselves in stereotypes of any kind but since we do, it is wise to rank stereotypes based on their context and their intent. Within the context of white people in America, virtually every stereotype about black folks was and is, more or less, a casus belli against the black body.

 

 

Saying a stereotype against another group is innocuous is opening pandora's box. To hand2hand Native American caricatures are innocuous, to others it is HIGHLY offensive no matter what the context is. Taking offense is always in the eye of the beholder and dismissing acts of prejudice against other groups is hypocritical. Seemingly positive stereotypes such as "Asians being good at math" can be harmful like you said but to an ignorant black man they may not associate it with any negative psychological effects.  I don't think prejudice should be a penis measuring contest. Even if it were, who the hell is doing the ranking? We'd get a bunched of biased groups of people to rank stereotypes, everyone would just rank their own high. Do you realize how dumb that sounds? 

Deus est mortuus, logica obtinet.

Reply

Deus est mortuus, logica obtinet.

Reply
post #622 of 948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexanglorum View Post

In my view, a stereotype can be fairly innocuous or it can be very harmful depending on circumstance and history. When it comes to stereotypes held by whites towards blacks, those stereotypes are particularly harmful because every stereotype that exists about black people, in America, has ultimately been a justification for conquest and plunder.

Some of these stereotypes-as-cause-for-plunder are pretty easy to spot. You say that black folks are lazy and sexually lascivious and that is justification for slavery and harsh Jim Crow laws and police brutality. While the connection between claims of black indolence and hyper sexuality and the supposed need for physical control of the black body are rather clear to discern, the more minor stereotypes about black people ultimately have an ugly history and implications as well.

The stereotype about Watermelons was and is used to show that black people are infantile and are undeserving of political power even within the confines of their own communities. The Black people as loud troupe was frequently cited as yet more proof that black people are wholly unsuited for participation in republican governance. Even something as seemingly positive as the "strong black woman" stereotype (along with the sassy black woman stereotype), is really an invitation to inflict violence on the black, female body in a way that most would never dream of inflicting on a white, female body.

In a perfect world, we would never indulge ourselves in stereotypes of any kind but since we do, it is wise to rank stereotypes based on their context and their intent. Within the context of white people in America, virtually every stereotype about black folks was and is, more or less, a casus belli against the black body.

smokin.gif Wish I could rep this a million times
post #623 of 948
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigj505 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigj505 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Zik View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigj505 View Post

An admin exposed himself.... As what? A racist black man?
Actually, racist aint the word. I can think of a whole lot of other words for what I've read.

I'd love to see all of the other words you have for me then.

200.gif

its bait yet he's the one that put it out there....

That makes no sense

He didn't put anything out there doe. All he said he was thinking something else.

No matter how ethical I find you, you still have power over all of us.

And you asking ole boy to tell out what negative feelings he has about you, with no guarantee there won't be repercussions

Feels like bait to me. Just sayin brah laugh.gif
post #624 of 948
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigj505 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigj505 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Zik View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigj505 View Post

An admin exposed himself.... As what? A racist black man?
Actually, racist aint the word. I can think of a whole lot of other words for what I've read.

I'd love to see all of the other words you have for me then.

200.gif

its bait yet he's the one that put it out there....

That makes no sense

He didn't put anything out there doe. All he said he was thinking something else.

No matter how ethical I find you, you still have power over all of us.

And you asking ole boy to tell out what negative feelings he has about you, with no guarantee there won't be repercussions

Feels like bait to me. Just sayin brah laugh.gif

But he did. You don't say, "I have something to tell you" without the other party saying "well what is it?"

What response do you think I should have? Should I not respond to a statement directed directly towards me? Who is really being baited at that point then?

I have power over you all? Not at all.

I know you've read this thread and you've seen all the personal attacks come at me. If what he needs to say is so bad that it requires action on his account then he didn't even need to put it out there for me.
"Jordan earned $110 million in 2015 thanks to sales of Nike's Jordan brand increasing by 14%, according to Forbes."
JB was dead in '15 huh?
Reply
"Jordan earned $110 million in 2015 thanks to sales of Nike's Jordan brand increasing by 14%, according to Forbes."
JB was dead in '15 huh?
Reply
post #625 of 948
I have seen the personal attacks, and I'm in not in any way condoning it.

But he didn't attack you personally with that comment, did he?

He my have implied the thought something negative, but kept it too himself. Something that is usually encourage when debates get heated on NT.

So it seems like the perfect comment to just brush off.

I mean, if you haven't enjoy the other personal attacks against you in this thread. Why are you requesting some to do it again?

Unless....................see where I'm going with this? That's why I called it bait. I'm probably wrong, but that comment just feels like it was

-But anyway, Imma step aside. It is between you and ole boy.
post #626 of 948
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford View Post

I have seen the personal attacks, and I'm in not in any way condoning it.

But he didn't attack you personally with that comment, did he?

He my have implied the thought something negative, but kept it too himself. Something that is usually encourage when debates get heated on NT.

So it seems like the perfect comment to just brush off.

I mean, if you haven't enjoy the other personal attacks against you in this thread. Why are you requesting some to do it again?

Unless....................see where I'm going with this? That's why I called it bait. I'm probably wrong, but that comment just feels like it was

-But anyway, Imma step aside. It is between you and ole boy.

So I was baited to bait then is essentially what you are saying.

Ultimately, we should be able to agree to disagree on this site as we all have different views at different times.

I've seen plenty of things I don't like in this thread but I'm not going to quote someone and say something like "based off of what I'm reading, I have plenty of other words for you" without expecting a response.
"Jordan earned $110 million in 2015 thanks to sales of Nike's Jordan brand increasing by 14%, according to Forbes."
JB was dead in '15 huh?
Reply
"Jordan earned $110 million in 2015 thanks to sales of Nike's Jordan brand increasing by 14%, according to Forbes."
JB was dead in '15 huh?
Reply
post #627 of 948

i do agree that there is a difference between thinking something then keeping it to yourself and thinking something then telling people that you're going to keep it to yourself.

 

the second option is like when someone posts "I had the worst day ever" on fb and when someone comments "what happened?" they reply "i dont want to talk about it"

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

Reply

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

Reply
post #628 of 948
Never give others the power to offend you.
post #629 of 948
Quote:
Originally Posted by blco02 View Post

Never give others the power to offend you.
What type of nonsense is this?
post #630 of 948
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeL252 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by blco02 View Post

Never give others the power to offend you.
What type of nonsense is this?

Like people would stop doing this type of stuff if there was no consequences for their actions.
HATE THE PEOPLE, LOVE THE CULTURE
Reply
HATE THE PEOPLE, LOVE THE CULTURE
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › 5th Grade Teacher Dresses in Blackface for Halloween