NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › Fight against the N word.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fight against the N word. - Page 3

post #61 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by combo gd View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picasso Swerve View Post

Like I said, the word in 2015 is a whole new word. We can debate on it here on the forums but go to NYC for a day and everyone of all (younger gen) ages is throwing the word around like nothing and no one cares.
Would those same people use that same word while sitting at a table with older respected African American men? Barrack Obama, Colin Powell, grandpa, etc etc. 

I am going to assume you will say no. 

Why would they not use the word?

Because it is wrong. 

If we all respected our history, none of us would use it. The younger generation just doesn't have that respect. 

That's unfair though.

I also wouldn't use cuss words, slang, Spanglish, and a bunch of other **** if I were sitting with these men.
**** I wouldn't even use it with my boss.

It's stupid as a Hispanic for me to sit here and try to tell black people why I should be allowed to use that word. I don't feel what they feel when they hear the word and I would never pretend to know what they feel. I just have to respect another persons feelings when it comes to the word and that's all I can do.

That said, I'm not going to deny that I use it. It's just the way **** is in NY and I'm not going to make excuses for it.
It wasn't till I got on NT that I realized how much power this word still has in other parts of the country.
post #62 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by combo gd View Post

Would those same people use that same word while sitting at a table with older respected African American men? Barrack Obama, Colin Powell, grandpa, etc etc. 

I am going to assume you will say no. 

Why would they not use the word?

Because it is wrong. 

If we all respected our history, none of us would use it. The younger generation just doesn't have that respect. 


No ones saying "bro" or "dude" at a table with those guys either though.

Formerly: 10PieceNuggets



FOR SALE/TRADE:
10 CREAM Ultraboost
10 NMD White Mesh (VNDS)
9.5 NMD Tokyo Blue (VNDS)
10.5 Flyknit Chukka Black Sail (VNDS)
PM!!
Reply

Formerly: 10PieceNuggets



FOR SALE/TRADE:
10 CREAM Ultraboost
10 NMD White Mesh (VNDS)
9.5 NMD Tokyo Blue (VNDS)
10.5 Flyknit Chukka Black Sail (VNDS)
PM!!
Reply
post #63 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picasso Swerve View Post

The word is to a point now in 2015 where its not even derogatory anymore, just another way to say "bro" or "dude".

In context, I dont think its bad at all, as long as people use it in the way I mentioned.

Pretty much.
A walk from MSG to Times Square in the afternoon is when I knew I was old and times changed.

I do not have the time to check every Asian, Latino, and white teenager saying the n-word. I broke my neck turning around the way I heard ***** thrown about coming out from the subway walking up the stairs laugh.gifmean.gif This is like 10 years or more ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by combo gd View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picasso Swerve View Post

Like I said, the word in 2015 is a whole new word. We can debate on it here on the forums but go to NYC for a day and everyone of all (younger gen) ages is throwing the word around like nothing and no one cares.
Would those same people use that same word while sitting at a table with older respected African American men? Barrack Obama, Colin Powell, grandpa, etc etc.

I am going to assume you will say no.

Why would they not use the word?

Because it is wrong.

If we all respected our history, none of us would use it. The younger generation just doesn't have that respect.
When you say sitting at the table you mean about to eat and in a convo? No of course not but that's not necessarily cuz it's wrong. That may just be a respect factor.

Some ppl don't curse around their elders. Not cuz it's wrong but it's just one of those traditional respect things. Some ppl do curse like crazy around their elders, family included.

Back to your question, I can totally see two teenage boys from Queens, one of Latino descent the other of Chinese descent in a convo sitting at the table with Obama and Powell flinging the n word around as they argue about their fav rappers or top 5 or w/e else.
post #64 of 73
I grew up saying it and I will continue to say it amongst all my _'s. It's funny as hell how some white people want to say it so bad. You would think we were denying them the right to eat in a certain restaurant or drink from a water fountain.... Oh wait. It's like they can't keep sleep at night knowing there's a word that black people can use that they can't. God forbid black people can do something they can't.


As far as us using it amongst each other, we took it back and made it ours again. Deal with it. There's plenty of more serious things that black people have had to deal with and maneuver around being in America.
post #65 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by combo gd View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picasso Swerve View Post

Like I said, the word in 2015 is a whole new word. We can debate on it here on the forums but go to NYC for a day and everyone of all (younger gen) ages is throwing the word around like nothing and no one cares.
Would those same people use that same word while sitting at a table with older respected African American men? Barrack Obama, Colin Powell, grandpa, etc etc. 

I am going to assume you will say no. 

Why would they not use the word?

Because it is wrong. 

If we all respected our history, none of us would use it. The younger generation just doesn't have that respect. 

That's unfair though.

I also wouldn't use cuss words, slang, Spanglish, and a bunch of other **** if I were sitting with these men.
**** I wouldn't even use it with my boss.

It's stupid as a Hispanic for me to sit here and try to tell black people why I should be allowed to use that word. I don't feel what they feel when they hear the word and I would never pretend to know what they feel. I just have to respect another persons feelings when it comes to the word and that's all I can do.

That said, I'm not going to deny that I use it. It's just the way **** is in NY and I'm not going to make excuses for it.
It wasn't till I got on NT that I realized how much power this word still has in other parts of the country.

I think thats the realest **** I've seen you say.

Respect, Diego.


The whole N word debate is a double edged sword.
Paris Saint Germain
Reply
Paris Saint Germain
Reply
post #66 of 73

I personally do not use the word. I cant control my friends using it, or even random people I may encounter , but I can try to set an example and not use it myself

CHELSEA F.C.
PHOENIX SUNS
ARIZONA WILDCATS
TENNESSEE TITANS
Reply
CHELSEA F.C.
PHOENIX SUNS
ARIZONA WILDCATS
TENNESSEE TITANS
Reply
post #67 of 73
Like I said in my first post in this thread...

 

I have given up this fight. It is just sad to me how stupid we look and to what lengths we will go to attempt to justify continuing to call ourselves the single most negative word in the history of mankind.

 

I'm done. 

 

Proceed |I

post #68 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Zik View Post


Back to your question, I can totally see two teenage boys from Queens, one of Latino descent the other of Chinese descent in a convo sitting at the table with Obama and Powell flinging the n word around as they argue about their fav rappers or top 5 or w/e else.

The funny thing is Obama's generation and older are the ones that started it. In all those 70's black movies they were saying it. R&B singers from the 70's would drop it from time to time in songs. This didn't just start with NWA people.
post #69 of 73

I rarely say it. It didn't make sense to me to use that word but I never preached down at others for using it.

I might say it though if I'm kdding around or imitating someone else or singing a song.

"Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good." - Thomas Paine
Reply
"Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good." - Thomas Paine
Reply
post #70 of 73
How do you guys feel about using the n-word when singing/rapping along with a song?
I only say it when I'm home getting turnt to a good song. How would you guys view that in a setting like a club though? I don't use it when other people are around but I'm sure I've done it while being drunk at a bar or club.

The n-word, or rather its translation, is almost never used in my country/language though. I've never heard someone use it.
post #71 of 73
We can't really get mad at white people for saying at a concert or something like that. Hip Hop music was made to be our thing but over the last 20+ years the rest of the world has been influenced by it. Normal every day conversation is different. I might say b**** if I'm rapping along with a song but I'm not gonna call a girl a b**** just cuz I feel it's my right.
post #72 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picasso Swerve View Post

The word is to a point now in 2015 where its not even derogatory anymore, just another way to say "bro" or "dude".

In context, I dont think its bad at all, as long as people use it in the way I mentioned.



If people are still using it as a derogatory word then how is it not a derogatory word anymore



"Like my G, sexy yaself up B. You flabby, pa"


My name is Gillette because I'm the best a man can get.



Also, I will cut you!
Reply
"Like my G, sexy yaself up B. You flabby, pa"


My name is Gillette because I'm the best a man can get.



Also, I will cut you!
Reply
post #73 of 73
"In context".

Formerly: 10PieceNuggets



FOR SALE/TRADE:
10 CREAM Ultraboost
10 NMD White Mesh (VNDS)
9.5 NMD Tokyo Blue (VNDS)
10.5 Flyknit Chukka Black Sail (VNDS)
PM!!
Reply

Formerly: 10PieceNuggets



FOR SALE/TRADE:
10 CREAM Ultraboost
10 NMD White Mesh (VNDS)
9.5 NMD Tokyo Blue (VNDS)
10.5 Flyknit Chukka Black Sail (VNDS)
PM!!
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › Fight against the N word.