NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › Obama To Reject Keystone XL Pipeline
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Obama To Reject Keystone XL Pipeline

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 


Quote:
WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama will officially reject TransCanada's application to build a massive pipeline to transport oil across the United States-Canada border, The Huffington Post has learned from multiple sources.
After seven years of reviewing the project, Obama is expected to make the announcement from the Roosevelt Room in the White House. His decision will come after meeting with Secretary of State John Kerry, whose department oversaw the review.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/55e74fd1e4b0b7a9633b693c

Endless fire emojis. My lambo is also blue.

"...he's the Duncan MacLeod of IT on NT..."

Twitter

Programming Languages: ASP.NET, C/C#, HTML/CSS, Java, JavaScript, MIPS, SQL.


Ask me for help with any of the programming languages above.
Reply

"...he's the Duncan MacLeod of IT on NT..."

Twitter

Programming Languages: ASP.NET, C/C#, HTML/CSS, Java, JavaScript, MIPS, SQL.


Ask me for help with any of the programming languages above.
Reply
post #2 of 15
Obeezy smokin.gif

He's a ***** for that Trans Pacific Partnership though.
post #3 of 15
Probably should post this in the political thread famb.

-But this is just seem like an issue that had bipartisan looniness surrounding it. I didn't really care much about it.

Bams smart as hell to announce this right when an amazing job report comes out so folk can't use the "he is killing the economy" stuff against him. Well played
Edited by RustyShackleford - 11/6/15 at 8:31am
post #4 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper View Post

Obeezy smokin.gif

He's a ***** for that Trans Pacific Partnership though.

In his defense, those negotiations have been happening since 2008 when Bush & Co just decided that the US would be a part of the original 2002 Trans-Pacific Strategic Economic Partnership (later passed by initial partner countries in 2005.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford View Post

Probably should post this in the political thread famb.

While announcement has many political implications, it is not inherently a political issue. I want this news to actually be seen by people and not just those who choose to argue in circles. No shots, just not fond of exercises in futility.

"...he's the Duncan MacLeod of IT on NT..."

Twitter

Programming Languages: ASP.NET, C/C#, HTML/CSS, Java, JavaScript, MIPS, SQL.


Ask me for help with any of the programming languages above.
Reply

"...he's the Duncan MacLeod of IT on NT..."

Twitter

Programming Languages: ASP.NET, C/C#, HTML/CSS, Java, JavaScript, MIPS, SQL.


Ask me for help with any of the programming languages above.
Reply
post #5 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford View Post

Probably should post this in the political thread famb.

While announcement has many political implications, it is not inherently a political issue

I would beg to differ.

While yes it is a environmental and economic issue as well, the only reason it blew up so much, and folk care so much is the politics behind it.

So I really it has the legs by itself to engage people, on NT or the in the general public.

But anyway, I understand your point about want a separate thread

Do yah thing famb
Quote:
I want this news to actually be seen by people and not just those who choose to argue in circles No shots, just not fond of exercises in futility.

post #6 of 15
Forgive my ignorance on the matter, but was it rejected because of the pollution it would cause in Canada? Or because they couldn't find the land to build it here?
CHELSEA F.C.
PHOENIX SUNS
ARIZONA WILDCATS
TENNESSEE TITANS
Reply
CHELSEA F.C.
PHOENIX SUNS
ARIZONA WILDCATS
TENNESSEE TITANS
Reply
post #7 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZwildcats View Post

Forgive my ignorance on the matter, but was it rejected because of the pollution it would cause in Canada? Or because they couldn't find the land to build it here?
Quote:
The pipeline's contribution to global warming is a main subject of contention for environmental groups and something the Obama administration has also cited in its consideration. In a major climate address in June 2013, Obama said the pipeline should only be approved if it "does not significantly exacerbate the problem of carbon pollution."

You're in Arizona, so you've seen how barren some parts of the US. Lack of land space is probably the last thing that would prevent something like this from happening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford View Post

I would beg to differ.

While yes it is a environmental and economic issue as well, the only reason it blew up so much, and folk care so much is the politics behind it. So I really it has the legs by itself to engage people, on NT or the in the general public.

I guess I am who I am laugh.gif Agree to disagree while agreeing?

"...he's the Duncan MacLeod of IT on NT..."

Twitter

Programming Languages: ASP.NET, C/C#, HTML/CSS, Java, JavaScript, MIPS, SQL.


Ask me for help with any of the programming languages above.
Reply

"...he's the Duncan MacLeod of IT on NT..."

Twitter

Programming Languages: ASP.NET, C/C#, HTML/CSS, Java, JavaScript, MIPS, SQL.


Ask me for help with any of the programming languages above.
Reply
post #8 of 15
^^^ laugh.giflaugh.gif Yeah i dunno why I wrote it like that. It is confusing me as well.

I'm saying you're right, it is more that just political, but also wanting to make the comment that at this point, the political arguments overshadow everything else.
post #9 of 15
Good.

Knowledge. 

  Thinking.

      http://niketalk.com/f/7355/music

Reply

Knowledge. 

  Thinking.

      http://niketalk.com/f/7355/music

Reply
post #10 of 15
Canada thanks you Obama

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

Reply

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

Reply
post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post

Canada thanks you Obama

This laugh.gif,even though Trudeau won't show it.

Pretty opportunistic finally making his decision just weeks before the big Paris climate summit but in the big picture this is great news pimp.gif.
post #12 of 15
Can't Ban This

http://instagram.com/jumpman247

Golden State Warriors

San Francisco 49ers
Oakland Athletics
Reply
http://instagram.com/jumpman247

Golden State Warriors

San Francisco 49ers
Oakland Athletics
Reply
post #13 of 15

post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford View Post

Probably should post this in the political thread famb.

-But this is just seem like an issue that had bipartisan looniness surrounding it. I didn't really care much about it.

Bams smart as hell to announce this right when an amazing job report comes out so folk can't use the "he is killing the economy" stuff against him. Well played

Jobs reports are bogus. Keep pleasuring the Dem machine though.
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealRell View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford View Post

Probably should post this in the political thread famb.

-But this is just seem like an issue that had bipartisan looniness surrounding it. I didn't really care much about it.

Bams smart as hell to announce this right when an amazing job report comes out so folk can't use the "he is killing the economy" stuff against him. Well played

Jobs reports are bogus. Keep pleasuring the Dem machine though.

K
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › Obama To Reject Keystone XL Pipeline