NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Kicks › Jordan Brand › The Air Jordan XVI returns in 2016
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Air Jordan XVI returns in 2016 - Page 68

post #2011 of 2149
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoEBoiFreshsince88 View Post

air-jordan-16-low-black-metallic-silver-2001.jpg 70k .jpg file
Those were by far the ugliest pair 16's. White/ Red lows on the other hand were nthat.gif
Team Toyota
Reply
Team Toyota
Reply
post #2012 of 2149
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccastro02 View Post

Those were by far the ugliest pair 16's. White/ Red lows on the other hand were nthat.gif

White.and reds were fire.

Imagine if MJ had to work with NY colors. Glad he has bulls colors
post #2013 of 2149
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccastro02 View Post

Those were by far the ugliest pair 16's. White/ Red lows on the other hand were nthat.gif

white red lows with the black red xvi lace cover strap = fire

i use to have a pic of my pair on the old niketalk but i cant seem to find it anymore
by my black cement air jordan iv size 11.5 now!
Reply
by my black cement air jordan iv size 11.5 now!
Reply
post #2014 of 2149
post #2015 of 2149
Select sizes on trophy room 16 ^
post #2016 of 2149
That quote on the trophy room website is hilarious.
Quote:
The Air Jordan + TROPHY ROOM XVI is inspired by a twist on a classic silhouette. Flooded in tonal French Blue, The TROPHY ROOM XVI is the 1st time the XVI model has been released since 2008.

FS: BLU/GRN (Seahawks) :: FLYKNIT RACERS :: SZ 9.5 DS :: $150 Shipped

FS: BLUE TINT :: FLYKNIT RACERS :: SZ 9 DS :: $160 Shipped

Reply

FS: BLU/GRN (Seahawks) :: FLYKNIT RACERS :: SZ 9.5 DS :: $150 Shipped

FS: BLUE TINT :: FLYKNIT RACERS :: SZ 9 DS :: $160 Shipped

Reply
post #2017 of 2149
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragicon View Post

That quote on the trophy room website is hilarious.
Whats so funny about it?
post #2018 of 2149
What is the twist on a silhouette? It's "inspiration" is the twist? All they did was change the colors. And they made it all the same color.

Jordan 14 was inspired by ferraris. Many Jordan shoes were inspired by an object, all this says is it was inspired by a twist.

FS: BLU/GRN (Seahawks) :: FLYKNIT RACERS :: SZ 9.5 DS :: $150 Shipped

FS: BLUE TINT :: FLYKNIT RACERS :: SZ 9 DS :: $160 Shipped

Reply

FS: BLU/GRN (Seahawks) :: FLYKNIT RACERS :: SZ 9.5 DS :: $150 Shipped

FS: BLUE TINT :: FLYKNIT RACERS :: SZ 9 DS :: $160 Shipped

Reply
post #2019 of 2149
Are these shoes supposed to fit TTS? It seems when I wear my pair that there's not much room for my toes to bend, I'm not sure if that's because the toe box is quite stiff to begin with
post #2020 of 2149
Half size up on these at least.
post #2021 of 2149
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkidd23 View Post

Half size up on these at least.

Agreed. Anything PL for me I go half size up.

#TAN #LOT


The space between her ears is greater than the space between her legs....
http://niketalk.com/t/526399/beh235-collection-sneaker-storytellers 
 

Reply

#TAN #LOT


The space between her ears is greater than the space between her legs....
http://niketalk.com/t/526399/beh235-collection-sneaker-storytellers 
 

Reply
post #2022 of 2149
Need these to be available for purchase on FTL and FTA websites. All it says now is "available in-store only" for all sizes smh
post #2023 of 2149
Anyone need a oop for a size 10.5?
post #2024 of 2149
Quote:
Originally Posted by hassan16 View Post

Need these to be available for purchase on FTL and FTA websites. All it says now is "available in-store only" for all sizes smh

Check 23penny
post #2025 of 2149
Going to check my local stores today and hopefully buy a .5 size up
post #2026 of 2149
Just tried on a pair that's been in the closet for a week and they fit like a dream tts. Anyone taking suggestions on sizing should try tts size first.

I was almost surprised how good they fit. Perfect.
post #2027 of 2149
yal still putting silica packs in j boxes? to keep them from yellowing?
SOX-CELTICS-PATRIOTS-BRUINS-FIGHTING IRISH

WTB. TD YEEZY BOOST 350 SZ 9 , V2 Beluga sz 10/10.5

Air Jordan 2 MELO Denver SZ 10

Message for conditions
Reply
SOX-CELTICS-PATRIOTS-BRUINS-FIGHTING IRISH

WTB. TD YEEZY BOOST 350 SZ 9 , V2 Beluga sz 10/10.5

Air Jordan 2 MELO Denver SZ 10

Message for conditions
Reply
post #2028 of 2149
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikeKid6 View Post

yal still putting silica packs in j boxes? to keep them from yellowing?

I do.

post #2029 of 2149
Anyone hear of future color ways releasing? I'm surprised there has been zero talk about it. Would have thought the original blk/rd colorway or an All red colorway would have been announced.
post #2030 of 2149
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2k4 View Post

Anyone hear of future color ways releasing? I'm surprised there has been zero talk about it. Would have thought the original blk/rd colorway or an All red colorway would have been announced.
Nope, unfortunately. kinda crazy that the only releases have been 2 store collabs and 1 GR. Hoping for the black/red pair to release also. But i also want some regular 17s.
post #2031 of 2149
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacmagic2002 View Post

Nope, unfortunately. kinda crazy that the only releases have been 2 store collabs and 1 GR. Hoping for the black/red pair to release also. But i also want some regular 17s.

It's anyone guess what will happen but my hope is that we will see 1-2 GR's and maybe a QS by the end of the year.

However, JB has flip-flopped on these before. I'm sure some of you folks recall those Taiwanese LKS samples JB made in 2012. It created a lot of hype and everyone thought a pending release was imminent but it never happened.

I also recall Oregon Sole had 4 or 5 colorways for sale including Gingers, Cherrywoods, Grey Metalic's, Blue/White pair with a dull, foam like toebox etc.
post #2032 of 2149
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikeRider View Post

It's anyone guess what will happen but my hope is that we will see 1-2 GR's and maybe a QS by the end of the year.

However, JB has flip-flopped on these before. I'm sure some of you folks recall those Taiwanese LKS samples JB made in 2012. It created a lot of hype and everyone thought a pending release was imminent but it never happened.

I also recall Oregon Sole had 4 or 5 colorways for sale including Gingers, Cherrywoods, Grey Metalic's, Blue/White pair with a dull, foam like toebox etc.

I wonder if the XVIs are expensive to manufacture as they have to include the shroud with them.

I feel like JB released the XVII+ over the regular XVII as it was cheaper to manufacture and they could still sell it for the premium price.
post #2033 of 2149
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikeKid6 View Post

yal still putting silica packs in j boxes? to keep them from yellowing?

Yes.
LOOKING FOR: Kemba Walker PEs
Reply
LOOKING FOR: Kemba Walker PEs
Reply
post #2034 of 2149
Cherrywoods are my favorite OG mid

I'm not a fan when the sole of these starts to yellow and the black ages badly to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccastro02 View Post

Those were by far the ugliest pair 16's. White/ Red lows on the other hand were nthat.gif

They were, and I had(have) them. laugh.gif

They were one of those releases where I wondered what was I thinking.
post #2035 of 2149
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaffSgtDignam View Post

I wonder if the XVIs are expensive to manufacture as they have to include the shroud with them.

I feel like JB released the XVII+ over the regular XVII as it was cheaper to manufacture and they could still sell it for the premium price.

Yes, I believe so. I'm going from memory but I think my OG Gingers and Cherrywoods were $160 retail in 2001
post #2036 of 2149
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaffSgtDignam View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikeRider View Post

It's anyone guess what will happen but my hope is that we will see 1-2 GR's and maybe a QS by the end of the year.

However, JB has flip-flopped on these before. I'm sure some of you folks recall those Taiwanese LKS samples JB made in 2012. It created a lot of hype and everyone thought a pending release was imminent but it never happened.

I also recall Oregon Sole had 4 or 5 colorways for sale including Gingers, Cherrywoods, Grey Metalic's, Blue/White pair with a dull, foam like toebox etc.

I wonder if the XVIs are expensive to manufacture as they have to include the shroud with them.

I feel like JB released the XVII+ over the regular XVII as it was cheaper to manufacture and they could still sell it for the premium price.

IIRC XVIs were the most expensive sneaker to manufacture in 2001; and not by a little. Average cost per pair was something like $4-7 while the XVI was around $17-22. The wide variety of materials used on each pair def comes into play, as do rhe magnetic snaps.

Funny thing about the XVI+ is that it was the original design for the XVI and the sig was actually developed as the afterthought.
post #2037 of 2149
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankenstien88 View Post


IIRC XVIs were the most expensive sneaker to manufacture in 2001; and not by a little. Average cost per pair was something like $4-7 while the XVI was around $17-22. The wide variety of materials used on each pair def comes into play, as do rhe magnetic snaps.

Funny thing about the XVI+ is that it was the original design for the XVI and the sig was actually developed as the afterthought.

Wow. I didn't know that. I think they made the right choice with the sig switch. 

post #2038 of 2149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keytap15 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankenstien88 View Post

IIRC XVIs were the most expensive sneaker to manufacture in 2001; and not by a little. Average cost per pair was something like $4-7 while the XVI was around $17-22. The wide variety of materials used on each pair def comes into play, as do rhe magnetic snaps.


Funny thing about the XVI+ is that it was the original design for the XVI and the sig was actually developed as the afterthought.
Wow. I didn't know that. I think they made the right choice with the sig switch. 

Yeah, theres pics of the white neon green and pink weartest samples online somewhere. It's not uncommon for a shoe to undergo changes after the weartest process, but the XVI+ is exactly the same as the original testers from 2000.

I guess they decided the XVI needed a more premium feel so they layered the upper with mesh and nubuck and added a patent toecap lol. The XVI+ really does feel cheap and flimsy in comparison.
post #2039 of 2149
I honestly prefer the xvi+ models. It has a more slender look, and it's simpler design looks a lot sleeker on feet. The reds and the navy's were too "boxy".
Team Toyota
Reply
Team Toyota
Reply
post #2040 of 2149

Patiently waiting on the Black/Red colorway and the White Red Lows

nerd.gif INSTAGRAM: KANYIZZY nerd.gif
For Sale: GONE
$110 (USD)
For Sale: Sold
$55 (USD)
For Sale: SOLD!!
$80 (USD)
Reply
nerd.gif INSTAGRAM: KANYIZZY nerd.gif
For Sale: GONE
$110 (USD)
For Sale: Sold
$55 (USD)
For Sale: SOLD!!
$80 (USD)
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Jordan Brand
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Kicks › Jordan Brand › The Air Jordan XVI returns in 2016