NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › --- THE OFFICIAL NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS REGULAR SEASON THREAD --- Collins Traded. New Poll
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

--- THE OFFICIAL NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS REGULAR SEASON THREAD --- Collins Traded. New Poll - Page 18

Poll Results: Trading Collins: Good Move??

 
  • 7% (1)
    Yes - and the return is fair
  • 46% (6)
    Yes - but the return is low
  • 30% (4)
    No
  • 15% (2)
    F$%# Collins
13 Total Votes  
post #511 of 731
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by amarano View Post

not gonna lie kinda nervous about the pressure the texans can bring

better root for Miami hard then laugh.gif

i think we can handle it. we handled Denver. and we'll be more adept offensively to mix things up to get balls out quick
When S&T has that moment of clarity: "...we're grasping at straws talking about Spygate, Deflategate, the system, French kissing relatives, UGGs, Trump, etc." - @trey ohh five
Reply
When S&T has that moment of clarity: "...we're grasping at straws talking about Spygate, Deflategate, the system, French kissing relatives, UGGs, Trump, etc." - @trey ohh five
Reply
post #512 of 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadsetAce View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarano View Post

not gonna lie kinda nervous about the pressure the texans can bring

better root for Miami hard then laugh.gif

i think we can handle it. we handled Denver. and we'll be more adept offensively to mix things up to get balls out quick

either way i'm gonna be nervous.

1. because i got those tickets to the championship game for christmas

and

2. my girl and i got front row broadway tickets to a show as a gift at ...you guessed it....8 o'clock next saturday. :/

WTB: Jordan X Kaws 4 size 11

Reply

WTB: Jordan X Kaws 4 size 11

Reply
post #513 of 731
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by amarano View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadsetAce View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarano View Post

not gonna lie kinda nervous about the pressure the texans can bring

better root for Miami hard then laugh.gif

i think we can handle it. we handled Denver. and we'll be more adept offensively to mix things up to get balls out quick

either way i'm gonna be nervous.

1. because i got those tickets to the championship game for christmas

and

2. my girl and i got front row broadway tickets to a show as a gift at ...you guessed it....8 o'clock next saturday. :/

oh damn. that's a helluva predicament laugh.gif
When S&T has that moment of clarity: "...we're grasping at straws talking about Spygate, Deflategate, the system, French kissing relatives, UGGs, Trump, etc." - @trey ohh five
Reply
When S&T has that moment of clarity: "...we're grasping at straws talking about Spygate, Deflategate, the system, French kissing relatives, UGGs, Trump, etc." - @trey ohh five
Reply
post #514 of 731
Easy answer. Happy wife, happy life
For Sale:
Jordan 1 Reverse SBB, Top3, & Black Toe size 14 NEW
Jordan X Chicago 45 size 14 USED
Jordan XX Black/White size 14 NEW
Not happy with the product?
VOTE WITH YOUR WALLET, DON'T BUY.
Reply
For Sale:
Jordan 1 Reverse SBB, Top3, & Black Toe size 14 NEW
Jordan X Chicago 45 size 14 USED
Jordan XX Black/White size 14 NEW
Not happy with the product?
VOTE WITH YOUR WALLET, DON'T BUY.
Reply
post #515 of 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA HEN View Post

Easy answer. Happy wife, happy life

This.

Can confirm.
I slapbox with Jesus, lick shots at Joseph
Reply
I slapbox with Jesus, lick shots at Joseph
Reply
post #516 of 731
Thread Starter 
laugh.gif

explains why my relationships don't go past 6 months i suppose laugh.gif
When S&T has that moment of clarity: "...we're grasping at straws talking about Spygate, Deflategate, the system, French kissing relatives, UGGs, Trump, etc." - @trey ohh five
Reply
When S&T has that moment of clarity: "...we're grasping at straws talking about Spygate, Deflategate, the system, French kissing relatives, UGGs, Trump, etc." - @trey ohh five
Reply
post #517 of 731
Wifey is all in with the Patriots and the NFL in general. I was blessed with a keeper embarassed.gif

Hell, she beat me for our fantasy football championship 3 years ago mean.gifsick.gif
I slapbox with Jesus, lick shots at Joseph
Reply
I slapbox with Jesus, lick shots at Joseph
Reply
post #518 of 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA HEN View Post

Easy answer. Happy wife, happy life

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejs210 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA HEN View Post

Easy answer. Happy wife, happy life

This.

Can confirm.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejs210 View Post

Wifey is all in with the Patriots and the NFL in general. I was blessed with a keeper embarassed.gif

Hell, she beat me for our fantasy football championship 3 years ago mean.gifsick.gif

 

 

lmao the crazy part is she wants to watch the game.

 

she got me the tickets to the game and shes gonna be tight if they dont make it just as much as me.

 

the show tickets were from my parents.

 

we both agreed that if NE was down during intermission we were bouncing to watch the game...

WTB: Jordan X Kaws 4 size 11

Reply

WTB: Jordan X Kaws 4 size 11

Reply
post #519 of 731
My wife started watching the Patriots with me about 3 years ago. I can honestly say that she now knows more about the game than most of my male friends.
For Sale:
Jordan 1 Reverse SBB, Top3, & Black Toe size 14 NEW
Jordan X Chicago 45 size 14 USED
Jordan XX Black/White size 14 NEW
Not happy with the product?
VOTE WITH YOUR WALLET, DON'T BUY.
Reply
For Sale:
Jordan 1 Reverse SBB, Top3, & Black Toe size 14 NEW
Jordan X Chicago 45 size 14 USED
Jordan XX Black/White size 14 NEW
Not happy with the product?
VOTE WITH YOUR WALLET, DON'T BUY.
Reply
post #520 of 731
^^^ that's awesome.


anyone have any thoughts about this game?

i feel like the texans are gonna just run the ball and rely on their Defense to force turnovers.

i'd be shocked if Brock throws over 150 yards and that's only because they'll keep his attempts low.

how have we been against the run? i don't know specifically but i know our defense has been very good.

i expect a low score

WTB: Jordan X Kaws 4 size 11

Reply

WTB: Jordan X Kaws 4 size 11

Reply
post #521 of 731
Thread Starter 
if we can control their DL, we'll roll em. won't matter what they do on offense. hopefully Scar has the OL ready to stop those guys, especially Clowney and Mercilus.

on defense, i would think we focus on Miller and force Brock to beat us. but knowing they have Hopkins and Fuller outside and a capable TE, that might hurt us. regardless, i don't think they can keep up as long as we protect Brady.

one thing to remember, keep hearing about people bringing up Brisset beating them 27-0. remember the fumbles and short fields they gave us. made for easy points. their defense is much better than that score and game suggested.
When S&T has that moment of clarity: "...we're grasping at straws talking about Spygate, Deflategate, the system, French kissing relatives, UGGs, Trump, etc." - @trey ohh five
Reply
When S&T has that moment of clarity: "...we're grasping at straws talking about Spygate, Deflategate, the system, French kissing relatives, UGGs, Trump, etc." - @trey ohh five
Reply
post #522 of 731
If The Pats offense does well/looks good - they'll win - is usually how it goes...


Too many cats ished on The Pats D this year. They always do. Yet they let up the least amount of points in the NFL this year.
There is no argument to made that they are bad. Even citing them as the weak link is questionable.
post #523 of 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by green rhino123 View Post

If The Pats offense does well - they'll win - is usually how it goes...

Word and I don't expect Brock to outplay the D the way theyve been playing during the 2nd half of the season laugh.gif

I like the chances of the OL holding up,they held up more than well the first time we played them and they still had Watt then

Also think there's gonna be too much firepower for their secondary even though they're solid.

No Gronk but you still have Dola, Jules, Mitchell, Floyd, Hogan, Lewis, White and Marty to worry about sick.gifsick.gifsick.gif
post #524 of 731
yea i know

a lot of people if not everyone (even the texans thread is already talking about their draft lol) is writing the texans off and it being nothing to worry about.

but those are the games that worry me.

i'm not looking at the brisset game. second half football let alone playoff football is completely different.

i expect a pats win but i think it's going to be closer than a lot of people think.

lol hope i'm wrong.

WTB: Jordan X Kaws 4 size 11

Reply

WTB: Jordan X Kaws 4 size 11

Reply
post #525 of 731
Thread Starter 
i don't think we're covering 16 points laugh.gif


10-13 is probably more realistic...hope it's at least that much so i'm not too stressed
When S&T has that moment of clarity: "...we're grasping at straws talking about Spygate, Deflategate, the system, French kissing relatives, UGGs, Trump, etc." - @trey ohh five
Reply
When S&T has that moment of clarity: "...we're grasping at straws talking about Spygate, Deflategate, the system, French kissing relatives, UGGs, Trump, etc." - @trey ohh five
Reply
post #526 of 731
I'm a bit nervous for this game; mainly because of the Texans' defense. With that being said, everything I've heard so far indicates that the team is not overlooking Houston and will be well prepared. The game plan against Denver worked, but we'll need more out of the passing game on Saturday night to get the W. I also don't think Brock can come into Gillette and perform at a high enough level.

We've done a great job of neutralizing Watt and Hopkins in the past, so I don't think Clowney will be a constant problem, but I do feel like Hopkins will get 1 or 2 deep catches on Ryan or Butler or whomever he draws. My concerns are whether or not Lamar Miller can get their run game going and not letting Fiedorowicz be utilized to move the ball and get first downs.

While our defense ranks out as the top unit in terms of points allowed, they've had the weakest schedule to deal with. I believe Football Outsiders has this defense ranked 16th in terms of DVOA if you get into analytics. I do think the strength of schedule needs to be taken into consideration, but I don't think they'll be truly challenged until the next round and beyond.
I slapbox with Jesus, lick shots at Joseph
Reply
I slapbox with Jesus, lick shots at Joseph
Reply
post #527 of 731
Blount misses second straight practice with an illness.

Any cause for concern or just precaution nerd.gif

I think the offense would be fine with Lewis and White, but I'd like to know we're at full strength.
I slapbox with Jesus, lick shots at Joseph
Reply
I slapbox with Jesus, lick shots at Joseph
Reply
post #528 of 731
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejs210 View Post

Blount misses second straight practice with an illness.

Any cause for concern or just precaution nerd.gif

I think the offense would be fine with Lewis and White, but I'd like to know we're at full strength.

gotta be the flu...hopefully he can practice tomorrow.

if not, i think we're still OK
When S&T has that moment of clarity: "...we're grasping at straws talking about Spygate, Deflategate, the system, French kissing relatives, UGGs, Trump, etc." - @trey ohh five
Reply
When S&T has that moment of clarity: "...we're grasping at straws talking about Spygate, Deflategate, the system, French kissing relatives, UGGs, Trump, etc." - @trey ohh five
Reply
post #529 of 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by green rhino123 View Post

If The Pats offense does well/looks good - they'll win - is usually how it goes...


Too many cats ished on The Pats D this year. They always do. Yet they let up the least amount of points in the NFL this year.
There is no argument to made that they are bad. Even citing them as the weak link is questionable.

yes, the D bends but doesnt break. We can live with field goals all day
For Sale:
Jordan 1 Reverse SBB, Top3, & Black Toe size 14 NEW
Jordan X Chicago 45 size 14 USED
Jordan XX Black/White size 14 NEW
Not happy with the product?
VOTE WITH YOUR WALLET, DON'T BUY.
Reply
For Sale:
Jordan 1 Reverse SBB, Top3, & Black Toe size 14 NEW
Jordan X Chicago 45 size 14 USED
Jordan XX Black/White size 14 NEW
Not happy with the product?
VOTE WITH YOUR WALLET, DON'T BUY.
Reply
post #530 of 731
I'm not worries about the play-offs really at all. If they win or lose - whatever....

But if they make it to the SB - they better win! 3-3 SB record ain't what's hot in the streets.
post #531 of 731

wait, what? The Patriots all time SB record is 4-4, while Brady is 4-2 in the SB.

post #532 of 731
ya, you right, i meant 4-3 compared to 5-2 - just brady/check - not counting 86 or 97

...but counting those, if they lost another SB before winning, they'd be 4-5 sick.gif which is also bad news franchise
post #533 of 731
In lieu of Thomas making his playoff appearance tomorrow, let's take a look at his statistical records in the playoffs:

Quote:
Most games played – 31
Most games won as starting quarterback – 22
Most consecutive wins, post-season, by a starting quarterback: 10
Most consecutive wins to start a career, post-season, by a starting quarterback: 10- 2001, 2003–2005
Most career home wins, post-season, by a starting quarterback: 15
Most consecutive home wins, post-season, by a starting quarterback- 8
Most touchdown passes – 56
Most passing yards – 7,957
Most passes completed – 683
Most passes attempted – 1,085
Most division titles for a starting quarterback – 13
Most NFL conference championship appearances for a starting quarterback – 10
Most NFL conference championship wins for a starting QB – 6
Most career 300+ passing yard games in postseason history – 10
Most Super Bowl appearances- 6
Tied for most Super Bowl wins- 4
Most touchdown passes in SB history – 13
Most yards gained in SB history– 1,605
Most passes completed in SB history – 164
Most passes attempted in SB history – 247
Most passes completed in first half of a single Super Bowl – 20
Most passes completed in a single Super Bowl – 37

Pliable.
I slapbox with Jesus, lick shots at Joseph
Reply
I slapbox with Jesus, lick shots at Joseph
Reply
post #534 of 731
More Brady pron:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-how-tom-brady-has-earned-the-highest-pff-qb-grade-ever-this-season/


Quote:
Final word

Just as important as the final PFF grade is the construction of the grade and figuring out how number comes to be. Some quarterbacks have a high percentage of positively-graded throws but also a high percentage of negatively-graded throws, while others play a more conservative brand of football that involves safer throws and fewer extremes in the grading scale.

Brady has found the Holy Grail this season, showing capable of making pinpoint downfield throws while also taking care of the football and posting the lowest percentage of negatively-graded throws in the NFL. A great career became even greater here in 2016, all at the age of 39 when many former quarterbacks are generally on the decline or out of the league entirely. Brady added yet another chapter to his Hall of Fame career, and if he can put the cherry on top with another run through the postseason, it’ll be another feather in the cap for his case as the greatest signal-caller of all-time.

At the very least, he’ll have his 99.3 overall grade — the best we’ve seen at PFF in our 11 seasons.
I slapbox with Jesus, lick shots at Joseph
Reply
I slapbox with Jesus, lick shots at Joseph
Reply
post #535 of 731
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejs210 View Post

In lieu of Thomas making his playoff appearance tomorrow, let's take a look at his statistical records in the playoffs:

Quote:
Most games played – 31
Most games won as starting quarterback – 22
Most consecutive wins, post-season, by a starting quarterback: 10
Most consecutive wins to start a career, post-season, by a starting quarterback: 10- 2001, 2003–2005
Most career home wins, post-season, by a starting quarterback: 15
Most consecutive home wins, post-season, by a starting quarterback- 8
Most touchdown passes – 56
Most passing yards – 7,957
Most passes completed – 683
Most passes attempted – 1,085
Most division titles for a starting quarterback – 13
Most NFL conference championship appearances for a starting quarterback – 10
Most NFL conference championship wins for a starting QB – 6
Most career 300+ passing yard games in postseason history – 10
Most Super Bowl appearances- 6
Tied for most Super Bowl wins- 4
Most touchdown passes in SB history – 13
Most yards gained in SB history– 1,605
Most passes completed in SB history – 164
Most passes attempted in SB history – 247
Most passes completed in first half of a single Super Bowl – 20
Most passes completed in a single Super Bowl – 37

Pliable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejs210 View Post

More Brady pron:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-how-tom-brady-has-earned-the-highest-pff-qb-grade-ever-this-season/


Quote:
Final word

Just as important as the final PFF grade is the construction of the grade and figuring out how number comes to be. Some quarterbacks have a high percentage of positively-graded throws but also a high percentage of negatively-graded throws, while others play a more conservative brand of football that involves safer throws and fewer extremes in the grading scale.

Brady has found the Holy Grail this season, showing capable of making pinpoint downfield throws while also taking care of the football and posting the lowest percentage of negatively-graded throws in the NFL. A great career became even greater here in 2016, all at the age of 39 when many former quarterbacks are generally on the decline or out of the league entirely. Brady added yet another chapter to his Hall of Fame career, and if he can put the cherry on top with another run through the postseason, it’ll be another feather in the cap for his case as the greatest signal-caller of all-time.

At the very least, he’ll have his 99.3 overall grade — the best we’ve seen at PFF in our 11 seasons.


When S&T has that moment of clarity: "...we're grasping at straws talking about Spygate, Deflategate, the system, French kissing relatives, UGGs, Trump, etc." - @trey ohh five
Reply
When S&T has that moment of clarity: "...we're grasping at straws talking about Spygate, Deflategate, the system, French kissing relatives, UGGs, Trump, etc." - @trey ohh five
Reply
post #536 of 731
Blount removed from the injury report. Mitchell is the only player questionable now.

Hype pimp.gif


Quote:
I slapbox with Jesus, lick shots at Joseph
Reply
I slapbox with Jesus, lick shots at Joseph
Reply
post #537 of 731
Thread Starter 
man the bruce lee hype video and the planet of the apes one got me fired up pimp.gif
When S&T has that moment of clarity: "...we're grasping at straws talking about Spygate, Deflategate, the system, French kissing relatives, UGGs, Trump, etc." - @trey ohh five
Reply
When S&T has that moment of clarity: "...we're grasping at straws talking about Spygate, Deflategate, the system, French kissing relatives, UGGs, Trump, etc." - @trey ohh five
Reply
post #538 of 731
Thread Starter 
Mitchell officially out. But Thug Dola back in there. i feel good with Jules, Hogan, Dola, and Floyd out there.

i hope Cyrus is inactive. or at least not back there running back punts and kicks laugh.gif
When S&T has that moment of clarity: "...we're grasping at straws talking about Spygate, Deflategate, the system, French kissing relatives, UGGs, Trump, etc." - @trey ohh five
Reply
When S&T has that moment of clarity: "...we're grasping at straws talking about Spygate, Deflategate, the system, French kissing relatives, UGGs, Trump, etc." - @trey ohh five
Reply
post #539 of 731
nerd.gif
post #540 of 731
Thread Starter 



Cyrus top of the list...


When S&T has that moment of clarity: "...we're grasping at straws talking about Spygate, Deflategate, the system, French kissing relatives, UGGs, Trump, etc." - @trey ohh five
Reply
When S&T has that moment of clarity: "...we're grasping at straws talking about Spygate, Deflategate, the system, French kissing relatives, UGGs, Trump, etc." - @trey ohh five
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › --- THE OFFICIAL NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS REGULAR SEASON THREAD --- Collins Traded. New Poll