NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › OFFICIAL Retail shopping secrets , hacks, tips , guidelines thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OFFICIAL Retail shopping secrets , hacks, tips , guidelines thread

post #1 of 37
Thread Starter 
Never buy anything thats by the register

Pay attention to the coding on the tags and clearance stickers , there's usually trends you can spot and decode , usually if there's several of one item in the clearance rack you can probably get it at a lower mark down the following week , the clearance rack is overstuffed and things gotta go .

Old navy , prices ending in .47 .49 .97 .99 are on clearance and possibly as low as it is going to go for

Buy one get one half off = fail

Take an extra __ % off clearance = hunger games , get it fast

April , October = save your money .

January , July = spend that money .
Edited by CASH MONEY 1999 - 2/25/16 at 1:10am
post #2 of 37
I worked for TJ Maxx and Mervyns(RIP) in high school and college and one thing I will say is don't sign up for the company credit card just for the 15% off discount. I've seen some people sign up and come back pretty furious at the fees and charges.

Also if you make a big enough fuss at the cashier, you can return damn near anything you want to a store. At that point they just want to get you out of the door

Claiming an item is damaged, no matter how slight can get you a little knocked off the price as well
CHELSEA F.C.
PHOENIX SUNS
ARIZONA WILDCATS
TENNESSEE TITANS
Reply
CHELSEA F.C.
PHOENIX SUNS
ARIZONA WILDCATS
TENNESSEE TITANS
Reply
post #3 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZwildcats View Post

I worked for TJ Maxx and Mervyns(RIP) in high school and college and one thing I will say is don't sign up for the company credit card just for the 15% off discount. I've seen some people sign up and come back pretty furious at the fees and charges.

Also if you make a big enough fuss at the cashier, you can return damn near anything you want to a store. At that point they just want to get you out of the door

Claiming an item is damaged, no matter how slight can get you a little knocked off the price as well
half the people in line at tj maxx are returning , it's ridiculous .
post #4 of 37
Always demand to see the manager to get a price deduction lol
post #5 of 37
I really don't have the energy to act like a female dog for 20 cents im sorry.
post #6 of 37
Youre somthin else man.
"There isn't much that I feel I need..... a solid soul, and the blood i bleed."
Reply
"There isn't much that I feel I need..... a solid soul, and the blood i bleed."
Reply
post #7 of 37

Can't hate on anyone trying to get a deal. Unless you make a gigantic fuss and bother others.

 

If you're interested in signing up for SiriusXM, call them and they'll give you an introductory rate for $XXX, talking them down can get you to pay $30 bucks for 6 months of service, then keep calling every 6 months to get the same rate.  

 

Shouldn't have to pay full price for something like that.

Spoiler: Glenn dies
Reply
Spoiler: Glenn dies
Reply
post #8 of 37

Not anything new:

 

- January-March is the perfect time to grab winter clothes at heavy discounts (companies bringing in spring/summer collections)

- Companies usually allow price adjustments -- so if you bought something for 50% off today and it drops to 70% next week, hit them up to get the difference

post #9 of 37
Has anyone ever taken a sneaker they got on sale somewhere to footlocker...footaction etc....where the shoe is still normal price. ...say u lost the receipt. ...and used that extra to get a different shoe lol
"There isn't much that I feel I need..... a solid soul, and the blood i bleed."
Reply
"There isn't much that I feel I need..... a solid soul, and the blood i bleed."
Reply
post #10 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by sckid20 View Post

Has anyone ever taken a sneaker they got on sale somewhere to footlocker...footaction etc....where the shoe is still normal price. ...say u lost the receipt. ...and used that extra to get a different shoe lol
Only place that really accepts returns without reciepts are niketowns
And even then depending on how long it was released
U may get a reduced price
Like say the lowest current selling price
post #11 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by nawghtyhare View Post

Only place that really accepts returns without reciepts are niketowns
Rack room shoes too

Click my pictures for better quality wink.gif

 

Team 10.5 laugh.gifnthat.gif 

Reply

Click my pictures for better quality wink.gif

 

Team 10.5 laugh.gifnthat.gif 

Reply
post #12 of 37
post #13 of 37
Thread Starter 
gap usually does 30 percent off the entire store every 6 weeks or so , no excuse for paying full price .
post #14 of 37
1. Use Bing instead of google to get better advertisement/targeted ad deals and to earn giftcards/prizes. Microsoft put millions and millions of dollars into Bing, so they'll basically pay you to use it at this point.

2. Download a bar code scanner app so you can compare in store prices to online prices easily. I use Google Goggles, which is worth a post by itself, but its cool for simple scanning too.

3. Use Incognito or Private browsing mode in Chrome/Firefox/IE to get lower prices on flights, hotel, and car rental. Probably the easiest way to save $100+.

4. If you find something you want on clearance but can't find it in your size, find it on the store's website, order it, return it, then buy it for the lower in store price (to work around the "we cant match clearance prices with our website" thing.)

5. If you like cologne or make up, Sephora will give you a sample of just about anything in the store for free. Great if you're thinking about getting something on FragranceNet but you aren't 100%.

"...he's the Duncan MacLeod of IT on NT..."

Twitter

Programming Languages: ASP.NET, C/C#, HTML/CSS, Java, JavaScript, MIPS, SQL.


Ask me for help with any of the programming languages above.
Reply

"...he's the Duncan MacLeod of IT on NT..."

Twitter

Programming Languages: ASP.NET, C/C#, HTML/CSS, Java, JavaScript, MIPS, SQL.


Ask me for help with any of the programming languages above.
Reply
post #15 of 37
If you're shopping on Amazon, download the Chrome extension Price Zombie to see the fluctuation of price for that product.
post #16 of 37
Thread Starter 
Raise is a recommended app for gift cards although I haven't really used it
post #17 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by nawghtyhare View Post

Buy a retagging gun
I use it to switch tags
In the fitting room to things that are on clearance
And return thing months after buying

smokin.gif
Lookin to get a discover card? Contact me and sign up under me and we both get $50 when you get approved. GET 10-15% cashback on NDC FNL FTL, etc etc
Reply
Lookin to get a discover card? Contact me and sign up under me and we both get $50 when you get approved. GET 10-15% cashback on NDC FNL FTL, etc etc
Reply
post #18 of 37
Thread Starter 
Amazon bar scanner app seems legit if you at a marshalls, ross etc
post #19 of 37
Most manufacturer's coupons work for items other than what's listed so you can get something for free or next to it. It doesn't work at every place but usually grocery stores.
PSN: StarCityPA

Programming Languages: HTML/CSS, Bootstrap, JavaScript, JQuery
Reply
PSN: StarCityPA

Programming Languages: HTML/CSS, Bootstrap, JavaScript, JQuery
Reply
post #20 of 37
Go to Auntie Anne's and order a large soda. Tell them you work at the mall. If they ask where, just name a random store there.

Large soda for $0.82 pimp.gif
TAYLOR SWIFT ❤


~~~~~~~🍳🍳🍳🍳🍳🍳~~~~~~~

I don't wear my shoes
Reply
TAYLOR SWIFT ❤


~~~~~~~🍳🍳🍳🍳🍳🍳~~~~~~~

I don't wear my shoes
Reply
post #21 of 37
Ironically,ways to save money is about the only time that Nawghtyhare will give a tip.
PSN: StarCityPA

Programming Languages: HTML/CSS, Bootstrap, JavaScript, JQuery
Reply
PSN: StarCityPA

Programming Languages: HTML/CSS, Bootstrap, JavaScript, JQuery
Reply
post #22 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dathbgboy View Post

Ironically,ways to save money is about the only time that Nawghtyhare will give a tip.

 

post #23 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slighted View Post



roll.gifroll.gifroll.gif

Summertime NT almost bike

"...he's the Duncan MacLeod of IT on NT..."

Twitter

Programming Languages: ASP.NET, C/C#, HTML/CSS, Java, JavaScript, MIPS, SQL.


Ask me for help with any of the programming languages above.
Reply

"...he's the Duncan MacLeod of IT on NT..."

Twitter

Programming Languages: ASP.NET, C/C#, HTML/CSS, Java, JavaScript, MIPS, SQL.


Ask me for help with any of the programming languages above.
Reply
post #24 of 37
Was at Petco and some lady told me they price match their online store.
Was going to buy my dog a $13 nylabone, looked it up on their online store and it was on sale online for $7.

Saved $6 on the spot. smokin.gif

Best Buy does price match to a couple places, Amazon being one of them. Check if what you're going to buy is on sale for Amazon, show them it at the register and they'll discount it for you. Has to be sold and shipped by Amazon tho, not another seller on there.

Idk what other stores do these things, but I wanna know.
NorCal
Xbox. Optic Gaming. Guitar. SF Giants. Muay Thai. iPhone.


"Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel." -Jimi Hendrix
"Music is a reminder that it is possible to feel alright." - John Mayer

Reply
NorCal
Xbox. Optic Gaming. Guitar. SF Giants. Muay Thai. iPhone.


"Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel." -Jimi Hendrix
"Music is a reminder that it is possible to feel alright." - John Mayer

Reply
post #25 of 37
Thread Starter 
eek.gif
post #26 of 37
my wife has joined some couponing and glitch groups. the other night we went to sears and picked up a microwave and a bluetooth speaker from sears and some new teflon pans and a huge thing of toilet paper from kmart - all free. the pictures she shows me of the come-ups people get are insane. computers, big curved, flat screen tv's, roll away tool boxes etc.
post #27 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzlew View Post

If you're shopping on Amazon, download the Chrome extension Price Zombie to see the fluctuation of price for that product.

www.CamelCamelCamel.com is a good way of doing this as well if you don't feel like adding any extensions.
Team Young Dr0
... I prolly won't issue a refund either. I'll send an iPod though ...
Reply
Team Young Dr0
... I prolly won't issue a refund either. I'll send an iPod though ...
Reply
post #28 of 37
isnt coupon glitches just coupon fraud?

Originally Posted by Methodical Management 
If buying the latest sneakers is still at the top of your list once you've reached your mid-thirties, something's wrong.

Reply

Originally Posted by Methodical Management 
If buying the latest sneakers is still at the top of your list once you've reached your mid-thirties, something's wrong.

Reply
post #29 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by spizike231 View Post

Was at Petco and some lady told me they price match their online store.
Was going to buy my dog a $13 nylabone, looked it up on their online store and it was on sale online for $7.

Saved $6 on the spot. smokin.gif

Best Buy does price match to a couple places, Amazon being one of them. Check if what you're going to buy is on sale for Amazon, show them it at the register and they'll discount it for you. Has to be sold and shipped by Amazon tho, not another seller on there.

Idk what other stores do these things, but I wanna know.
Got a wifi extender $20 less than best buy was charging doing that. Didn't even know t just took the chance and asked.
post #30 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm View Post

Got a wifi extender $20 less than best buy was charging doing that. Didn't even know t just took the chance and asked.

Saved $25 on the gaming headset I bought doing it. smokin.gif
NorCal
Xbox. Optic Gaming. Guitar. SF Giants. Muay Thai. iPhone.


"Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel." -Jimi Hendrix
"Music is a reminder that it is possible to feel alright." - John Mayer

Reply
NorCal
Xbox. Optic Gaming. Guitar. SF Giants. Muay Thai. iPhone.


"Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel." -Jimi Hendrix
"Music is a reminder that it is possible to feel alright." - John Mayer

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › OFFICIAL Retail shopping secrets , hacks, tips , guidelines thread