NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Kicks › Nike › Nike HyperAdapt 1.0: With Adaptive Lacing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nike HyperAdapt 1.0: With Adaptive Lacing - Page 8

post #211 of 1561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium Tea View Post

Motors with laces can never weigh less than just laces, so we can go easy on the performance talk.
 

Tell that to drones. Its 2016, motors have changed since the 80s.

post #212 of 1561
Lmfao people are in here listing every single issue ***they specifically are having with the shoe*** and saying it needs to be changed and the design team is wack? I emplore you all, go and design a shoe yourself, or go through the steps to design and suggest one to Nike specfically if you're on that type of consumerist leash. The shoe is made to *showcase* the tech, for good or worse it's the first shoe to really implement what it's doing and it's showing it off. Whether it's a gimmick or not is not the concern, the company is trying something new, moving towards a better technological goal and that is not necessarily a bad thing. If you are simply not having it; the shoe itself or the "gimmick" in what it does, then simply do not buy the shoe. If it bothers you enough and you cannot stand it for whatever reason, simply do not buy anything from the company.

And as a response to either a person or people (didn't really read too much in this forum) calling unlocked zoom and straps on basketball sneakers a "gimmick" I truely believe it is not. Unlocked zoom is certainly different but many do well on the court with it, and straps have and still are used on many shoes. The zoom soldier has had and still does implement straps which work extremely well, and one of the most supportive shoes on the market (some model made by Ektio) exceeds where others do not. I'm unsure if the person or people posting such things are simply hating on / or jealous of the company or members within it, but there are very legitimate counter points to atleast some of what you've been posting.
post #213 of 1561
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliShoes View Post

Lmfao people are in here listing every single issue ***they specifically are having with the shoe*** and saying it needs to be changed and the design team is wack? I emplore you all, go and design a shoe yourself, or go through the steps to design and suggest one to Nike specfically if you're on that type of consumerist leash. The shoe is made to *showcase* the tech, for good or worse it's the first shoe to really implement what it's doing and it's showing it off. Whether it's a gimmick or not is not the concern, the company is trying something new, moving towards a better technological goal and that is not necessarily a bad thing. If you are simply not having it; the shoe itself or the "gimmick" in what it does, then simply do not buy the shoe. If it bothers you enough and you cannot stand it for whatever reason, simply do not buy anything from the company.

And as a response to either a person or people (didn't really read too much in this forum) calling unlocked zoom and straps on basketball sneakers a "gimmick" I truely believe it is not. Unlocked zoom is certainly different but many do well on the court with it, and straps have and still are used on many shoes. The zoom soldier has had and still does implement straps which work extremely well, and one of the most supportive shoes on the market (some model made by Ektio) exceeds where others do not. I'm unsure if the person or people posting such things are simply hating on / or jealous of the company or members within it, but there are very legitimate counter points to atleast some of what you've been posting.


Jeez, talk about 'not that serious'.

post #214 of 1561
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytobacco View Post


Jeez, talk about 'not that serious'.
Tired of drones of people complaining on the two pages I looked over.
post #215 of 1561

Its a discussion forum. All praise and no hate makes Nike a dull boy.

post #216 of 1561

definitely interested..... would love to own a pair

post #217 of 1561
Price?
post #218 of 1561
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeezydog123 View Post

Price?

According to Nike CEO Mark Parker, the brand hasn't figured out a price for the shoe yet.

"We don't have the prices yet set," Parker says in the interview with CNBC below. "That's something that we're working on. The shoe's coming out later this year so the pricing is still yet to be determined."
post #219 of 1561
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytobacco View Post

Tell that to drones. Its 2016, motors have changed since the 80s.

sure it has improved. Difference here is that the motors still need laces to pull tight, thus making it forever useless by design as far as performance goes. You dont put motors on seat belts
post #220 of 1561
In for these.



-Drew
"Mild mannered. Militant minded."
-Drew.


Twitter | Instagram | Flickr | #NTBookClub
Reply
"Mild mannered. Militant minded."
-Drew.


Twitter | Instagram | Flickr | #NTBookClub
Reply
post #221 of 1561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium Tea View Post

Motors with laces can never weigh less than just laces, so we can go easy on the performance talk.
This tech is ideal for the disabled and edlerly, not kevin Durant.

Do you guys see seat belts with motors on them at nascar? No, the driver buckles his straps and they save useless weight.

Tinker wanted that bttf thing to be a reality but martys joints never sounded like a cordless grinder in fake 2015.

I see them recouping the money spent from developing charity mags with these, selling out to beasts via celeb placement, taking a million returns and then telling us in 2 years it was an engineering exercise as the tech was not practical by design.

thats cool tho. Nike still has other sick tech that's legit like giant leg socks and friendship bracelet system lacing lol.

Charity work is a tax write off. That's corporate 101.
FS/FT DS: Bordeaux 7, Reflective 3M 13s, Yeezy Infant TD, GGs, CGs. PM me. Must be local to Los Angeles.
Reply
FS/FT DS: Bordeaux 7, Reflective 3M 13s, Yeezy Infant TD, GGs, CGs. PM me. Must be local to Los Angeles.
Reply
post #222 of 1561

These are actually pretty cool but I can guarantee the price will keep me away. They will be $250 minimum and that's horrible for that shoe.

post #223 of 1561
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc619er View Post
 

These are actually pretty cool but I can guarantee the price will keep me away. They will be $250 minimum and that's horrible for that shoe.


I wouldn't pay over $350. How much were the Mags?

post #224 of 1561
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo95eg6 View Post


I wouldn't pay over $350. How much were the Mags?
From what I know of, Nike has only released the air mags through auctions on ebay and they've sold for far more than $350, the profits being "for charity". (atleast the most recent two times for sure).
post #225 of 1561
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo95eg6 View Post


I wouldn't pay over $350. How much were the Mags?
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo95eg6 View Post


I wouldn't pay over $350. How much were the Mags?

http://www.nicekicks.com/2011/09/19/nike-mag-auction-2011-final-numbers/
FS/FT DS: Bordeaux 7, Reflective 3M 13s, Yeezy Infant TD, GGs, CGs. PM me. Must be local to Los Angeles.
Reply
FS/FT DS: Bordeaux 7, Reflective 3M 13s, Yeezy Infant TD, GGs, CGs. PM me. Must be local to Los Angeles.
Reply
post #226 of 1561

SOOOOO...

 

Who can I count in for an all nighter?

~~~~~~~🍳🍳🍳🍳🍳🍳~~~~~~~

Reply

~~~~~~~🍳🍳🍳🍳🍳🍳~~~~~~~

Reply
post #227 of 1561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemanjj27 View Post

SOOOOO...

Who can I count in for an all nighter?
I can already count my L's for the raffle 🤔
post #228 of 1561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium Tea View Post

sure it has improved. Difference here is that the motors still need laces to pull tight, thus making it forever useless by design as far as performance goes. You dont put motors on seat belts


Bad analogy. They actually did have automatic /motorized seatbelts. In the 90s there were a few cars that had the seatbelt on a track attatched to the ceiling that would travel over your shoulder when the car turned on. But you too young for that.

post #229 of 1561
Quote:
Originally Posted by niketock88 View Post

Bad analogy. They actually did have automatic /motorized seatbelts. In the 90s there were a few cars that had the seatbelt on a track attatched to the ceiling that would travel over your shoulder when the car turned on. But you too young for that.

Wrong buddy. Those seatbelts were gimmicks and useless weight.
Thats why you dont still see them.
Thanks for proving my point
post #230 of 1561
Dudes telling me my analogy is bad because a car company failed with a similar gimmick. Lol
Dat logic
post #231 of 1561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium Tea View Post


Wrong buddy. Those seatbelts were gimmicks and useless weight.
Thats why you dont still see them.
Thanks for proving my point

dog you said "you dont put motors in seatbelts" and a company did...im just letting you know...;)  the analogy was not up to par in the first place


Edited by niketock88 - 3/23/16 at 10:49am
post #232 of 1561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium Tea View Post

Dudes telling me my analogy is bad because a car company failed with a similar gimmick. Lol
Dat logic

and i dont think any company is thinking of a "gimmick" when it comes to a seatbelt.. a seatbelt is something that you need to save your life.i dont think the seatbelts were a selling point or people wanted the car for the "cool seatbelts". i think the company thought it was more convenient. but yes your right they disbanded those seatbelts for others reasons..but that situation does not tell nikes future.. i dont think nike is saying.."CRAP MAN those hondas had the automatic seatbelts and they didnt survive...back to the drawing board"..this was fun tho LOL in a seriousness

post #233 of 1561
all im saying is in sports you strip weight where it's available and add support and power where its needed.

For casual these are cool.

For basketball, its incredibly redundant.
People are literally such fans of cool tech and nike they are telling me aerodynamics, weight and gravity somehow stopped existing for tinker and tiff
post #234 of 1561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium Tea View Post

all im saying is in sports you strip weight where it's available and add support and power where its needed.

For casual these are cool.

For basketball, its incredibly redundant.
People are literally such fans of cool tech and nike they are telling me aerodynamics, weight and gravity somehow stopped existing for tinker and tiff

yea i dont know how they are going to integrate this tech with basketball seems like a motor is too heavy.. but i think for casual its cool and catchy for the FutUre.

post #235 of 1561

I haven't looked at the whole thread, just this page, but it their talk of this being a performance shoe (or using the technology for performance purpose)

 

Auto lacing is just a cool gimmick really. Great for casual wear with virtually no upside to justify performance use

PHARRELL NMD SIZE 10 $506.54 shipped

Reply

PHARRELL NMD SIZE 10 $506.54 shipped

Reply
post #236 of 1561
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGameofSoles View Post
 

I haven't looked at the whole thread, just this page, but it their talk of this being a performance shoe (or using the technology for performance purpose)

 

Auto lacing is just a cool gimmick really. Great for casual wear with virtually no upside to justify performance use

not yet but eventually ;)

PSN: Bellum_Angelus

 

| Lakers | Broncos | FC Barcelona | Chelsea FC | Galaxy |

Reply

PSN: Bellum_Angelus

 

| Lakers | Broncos | FC Barcelona | Chelsea FC | Galaxy |

Reply
post #237 of 1561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sole Reaver View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGameofSoles View Post

 
I haven't looked at the whole thread, just this page, but it their talk of this being a performance shoe (or using the technology for performance purpose)

Auto lacing is just a cool gimmick really. Great for casual wear with virtually no upside to justify performance use
not yet but eventually wink.gif

It wouldn't really solve a problem, no athletes day is being severely affected by the 5 seconds it takes to tie shoe strings. And then there's the problem with life expectancy of the motor. It would be a lot of work and R&D to "fix" something that can hardly be classified as an inconvenience.

It's best use would be for people with disabilities and casual light up shoes for sneaker fanatics laugh.gif

PHARRELL NMD SIZE 10 $506.54 shipped

Reply

PHARRELL NMD SIZE 10 $506.54 shipped

Reply
post #238 of 1561
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGameofSoles View Post
 

I haven't looked at the whole thread, just this page, but it their talk of this being a performance shoe (or using the technology for performance purpose)

 

Auto lacing is just a cool gimmick really. Great for casual wear with virtually no upside to justify performance use


I'm sure its a start. Do you think we will still be tying our shoes 10 years from now?

 

Makes you think. 

post #239 of 1561
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo95eg6 View Post
 


I'm sure its a start. Do you think we will still be tying our shoes 10 years from now?

 

Makes you think. 

Only a matter of time before the power adjusting can be controlled by an app on your phone/watch, won't even have to bend down to undo them.

 

And eventually...

post #240 of 1561
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGameofSoles View Post

It wouldn't really solve a problem, no athletes day is being severely affected by the 5 seconds it takes to tie shoe strings. And then there's the problem with life expectancy of the motor. It would be a lot of work and R&D to "fix" something that can hardly be classified as an inconvenience.

It's best use would be for people with disabilities and casual light up shoes for sneaker fanatics laugh.gif

There are basketball and football players that lose their shoes. Maybe it doesn't happen often enough or maybe it's not that big of a highlight to pan the cameras to, but it happens.
FS/FT DS: Bordeaux 7, Reflective 3M 13s, Yeezy Infant TD, GGs, CGs. PM me. Must be local to Los Angeles.
Reply
FS/FT DS: Bordeaux 7, Reflective 3M 13s, Yeezy Infant TD, GGs, CGs. PM me. Must be local to Los Angeles.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Nike
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Kicks › Nike › Nike HyperAdapt 1.0: With Adaptive Lacing