NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Kicks › Nike › Nike HyperAdapt 1.0: With Adaptive Lacing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nike HyperAdapt 1.0: With Adaptive Lacing - Page 9

post #241 of 2028
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGameofSoles View Post


It wouldn't really solve a problem, no athletes day is being severely affected by the 5 seconds it takes to tie shoe strings. And then there's the problem with life expectancy of the motor. It would be a lot of work and R&D to "fix" something that can hardly be classified as an inconvenience.

It's best use would be for people with disabilities and casual light up shoes for sneaker fanatics laugh.gif

how many of those athletes reuse shoes though? 

PSN: Bellum_Angelus

 

| Lakers | Broncos | FC Barcelona | Chelsea FC | Galaxy |

Reply

PSN: Bellum_Angelus

 

| Lakers | Broncos | FC Barcelona | Chelsea FC | Galaxy |

Reply
post #242 of 2028
My pockets and feet are ready pimp.gif
#AJ1FAM

Looking to trade my 2017 DS Jordan 1 "Royal" size 9.5 for DS 2016 Jordan 1 "Banned" in size 9 or 9.5


Expect less flaws rather than flawless
Reply
#AJ1FAM

Looking to trade my 2017 DS Jordan 1 "Royal" size 9.5 for DS 2016 Jordan 1 "Banned" in size 9 or 9.5


Expect less flaws rather than flawless
Reply
post #243 of 2028
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyJs23 View Post

My pockets and feet are ready pimp.gif

this :hat

PSN: imthebipolarbear / XBL: zBiPolarBear
 
 
Reply
PSN: imthebipolarbear / XBL: zBiPolarBear
 
 
Reply
post #244 of 2028
Quote:
Originally Posted by niketock88 View Post


Bad analogy. They actually did have automatic /motorized seatbelts. In the 90s there were a few cars that had the seatbelt on a track attatched to the ceiling that would travel over your shoulder when the car turned on. But you too young for that.


and just like those, this will prove to be just as useless. this is nothing more than a publicity stunt. The only way Nike will continue to release this purely for show concept is if people consistently eat it up for whatever retail price they feel like charing which we know will happen the first time around and on air mag obviously. They're probably ecstatic that people in here are saying they'd gladly pay $300 with a straight face :rollin:|. If people become uninterested after the first couple drops nike will most likely cease production. Their motivation for this is strictly financial.... they saw the popularity of the air mags and the hype/anticipation for a power laced version. Obviously they're gonna capitalize on 1 or 2 (perhaps more) overpriced non mag power laced shoes to lead up to the air mag. Who knows what happens from there maybe they will make the mag nearly unobtainable to most people like before so they can then push other power laced shoes like this on your average thirsty hypebeast. Nike obviously knows that if the majority of people get their mags in a huge general release, basically ALL your market for these other power laced shoes is gone.

FOR SALE: DS Bred 11, DS Concord 11, DS Royal 1 x2, DS Bred 1 x2, DS Black Toe 1, VNDS Cool Grey 11, VNDS CDP Bred 11, and more. All size 10.5-11 all purchased from FNL/Eastbay. PM for more info
Reply
FOR SALE: DS Bred 11, DS Concord 11, DS Royal 1 x2, DS Bred 1 x2, DS Black Toe 1, VNDS Cool Grey 11, VNDS CDP Bred 11, and more. All size 10.5-11 all purchased from FNL/Eastbay. PM for more info
Reply
post #245 of 2028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthracite8s View Post
 


and just like those, this will prove to be just as useless. this is nothing more than a publicity stunt. The only way Nike will continue to release this purely for show concept is if people consistently eat it up for whatever retail price they feel like charing which we know will happen the first time around and on air mag obviously. They're probably ecstatic that people in here are saying they'd gladly pay $300 with a straight face :rollin:|. If people become uninterested after the first couple drops nike will most likely cease production. Their motivation for this is strictly financial.... they saw the popularity of the air mags and the hype/anticipation for a power laced version. Obviously they're gonna capitalize on 1 or 2 (perhaps more) overpriced non mag power laced shoes to lead up to the air mag. Who knows what happens from there maybe they will make the mag nearly unobtainable to most people like before so they can then push other power laced shoes like this on your average thirsty hypebeast. Nike obviously knows that if the majority of people get their mags in a huge general release, basically ALL your market for these other power laced shoes is gone.

well the kid said.."you dont put motors on seatbelts" i was just showing them that it DID actually happen..i dont think the motor seatbelts were for aerodynamics...or a gimmick because you dont buy a car for its seatbelt. it was just for convenience purposes....just like the hyperadapt..do i see it venturing in basketball? thats hard to imagine because of all the extra crap under the hood(no pun) of the shoe. but i see it being around for a while..eather its for disables people or just to be cool and fun

post #246 of 2028
Quote:
Originally Posted by niketock88 View Post

well the kid said.."you dont put motors on seatbelts" i was just showing them that it DID actually happen..i dont think the motor seatbelts were for aerodynamics...or a gimmick because you dont buy a car for its seatbelt. it was just for convenience purposes....just like the hyperadapt..do i see it venturing in basketball? thats hard to imagine because of all the extra crap under the hood(no pun) of the shoe. but i see it being around for a while..eather its for disables people or just to be cool and fun
The kid is 37 and used the seatbelt analogy because I lived through it.
People need to quit assuming a low post count equals being 12.
You were trying to tell me 2 is less than 1 here.
All I said is its not a performance concept.
post #247 of 2028

The white ones are pretty dope to rock.  I would actually train in these though, when running and stuff the auto lace stuff would seem useful.  Gonna keep my eye out on these jawns.

post #248 of 2028
Half of this thread has turned in to a discussion about seatbelts. What have you keyboard warriors done?
post #249 of 2028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium Tea View Post


The kid is 37 and used the seatbelt analogy because I lived through it.
People need to quit assuming a low post count equals being 12.
You were trying to tell me 2 is less than 1 here.
All I said is its not a performance concept.

im from boston. kid doesnt mean your actually minor bro relax its all love

 

but if nike didnt mention integrating this technology with basketball this would not be a discusion. because everyone hating on the weight issue with this tech in a bball shoe. i think its cool i want a pair of the hyper adapts. people are complaining about how they wont be spending 350 on this shoe yet go and buy another sneaker for the "story behind it" for $2000. i think its a cool shoe and we will see what happens with the basketball integration


Edited by niketock88 - 4/8/16 at 6:05am
post #250 of 2028

This will just be deja vu of the adidas_1 computer running shoes (developed in the States not Germany) and its follow-up basketball variant. It'll be cool seeing it talked about in the media but absolutely useless in practice.

 

Having said that I actually bought a pair of adidas_1 but only when they hit the Adidas outlet cuz nobody bought them ($99 vs $250) lol!

 

Oh and those motorized seatbelts, I think it only happened in America to promo the idea of "buckle up", they never had them overseas. I remembered them from the late 80's / early 90's and I thought it was retarded. Pretty good analogy imo.


Edited by krayzienike - 4/8/16 at 6:21am
post #251 of 2028

I think that Nike is gonna take advantage of the "Adaptive Lacing" concept, I bet the shoes are going to be overpriced and and a bit of a rip off; but ill still buy a pair. That's how Nike works.

post #252 of 2028
Quote:
Originally Posted by deacoo View Post

I think that Nike is gonna take advantage of the "Adaptive Lacing" concept, I bet the shoes are going to be overpriced and and a bit of a rip off; but ill still buy a pair. That's how Nike works.

They're not overpriced if you'll gladly purchase a pair. They're priced at market value.
post #253 of 2028
Quote:
Originally Posted by blco02 View Post

They're not overpriced if you'll gladly purchase a pair. They're priced at market value.
just because its retail doesnt mean its overpriced. Retail can still be overpriced to certain individuals. Like grey goose vodka is overpriced but literally is the same as an regular vodka
post #254 of 2028
NSW Basketball Collection

NIKE HYPER ADAPT 1.0
843871
001 BLACK/WHITE-BLUE LAGOON-LANDSCAPE
002 METALLIC SILVER/BLACK-WHITE
100 WHITE/WHITE-WHITE

New Cws

005 BLACK/UNIVERSITY RED-WHITE
006 BLACK/SPORT ROYAL-WHITE
007 BLACK/BLACK-DEEP ROYAL BLUE-COMET BLUE
008 BLACK/BLACK-FIR-LT BRITISH TAN
009 BLACK/BLACK-TEAM RED-HABANERO RED
010 BLACK/BLACK-WOLF GREY-WHITE
400 SPORT ROYAL/BLACK-WHITE
Edited by NYC757 - 4/14/17 at 8:11pm
post #255 of 2028
nerd.gif
#AJ1FAM

Looking to trade my 2017 DS Jordan 1 "Royal" size 9.5 for DS 2016 Jordan 1 "Banned" in size 9 or 9.5


Expect less flaws rather than flawless
Reply
#AJ1FAM

Looking to trade my 2017 DS Jordan 1 "Royal" size 9.5 for DS 2016 Jordan 1 "Banned" in size 9 or 9.5


Expect less flaws rather than flawless
Reply
post #256 of 2028
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC757 View Post

NSW Basketball Collection

NIKE HYPER ADAPT 1.0
843871
001 BLACK/WHITE-BLUE LAGOON-LANDSCAPE
002 METALLIC SILVER/BLACK-WHITE
100 WHITE/WHITE-WHITE

 

when will it drop?? 8o

post #257 of 2028

probably around the holiday season 

PSN: imthebipolarbear / XBL: zBiPolarBear
 
 
Reply
PSN: imthebipolarbear / XBL: zBiPolarBear
 
 
Reply
post #258 of 2028
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgan View Post
 

 

when will it drop?? 8o

 

Was supposed to be this month but Im not sure if its the Nike+ app thats delayed or the shoes themselves. 

 

Holiday 2016 is what they are promoting now ( were in Fall Season '16 currently). 

post #259 of 2028
cool in theory, but at the end of the day it's just a gimmick that we know will be overpriced. not to mention this particular shoe they're rolling the tech out with is ugly. that motor box on the bottom isn't practical from a performance standpoint. how many games would it actually last?

like i said, cool in theory, unnecessary in practice.
TEAM POSITE (still)...
smokin.gif
Reply
TEAM POSITE (still)...
smokin.gif
Reply
post #260 of 2028
Baby steps pa baby steps
PSN: imthebipolarbear / XBL: zBiPolarBear
 
 
Reply
PSN: imthebipolarbear / XBL: zBiPolarBear
 
 
Reply
post #261 of 2028
When do these drop?
post #262 of 2028
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharmCityKid View Post

cool in theory, but at the end of the day it's just a gimmick that we know will be overpriced. not to mention this particular shoe they're rolling the tech out with is ugly. that motor box on the bottom isn't practical from a performance standpoint. how many games would it actually last?

like i said, cool in theory, unnecessary in practice.

 

Is this trying to be a basketball shoe? It's launching under nike sportswear.

post #263 of 2028
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarltonJunior View Post
 

 

Is this trying to be a basketball shoe? It's launching under nike sportswear.


its not a basketball shoe 

PSN: imthebipolarbear / XBL: zBiPolarBear
 
 
Reply
PSN: imthebipolarbear / XBL: zBiPolarBear
 
 
Reply
post #264 of 2028
Quote:
Originally Posted by seandon23 View Post


its not a basketball shoe 

They already said thats where they intend to put the tech in the future.
post #265 of 2028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium Tea View Post


They already said thats where they intend to put the tech in the future.


yeah but the way i see it is they want this to be a starting point and then work out the kinks and find ways to improve upon the tech before implementing it into a basketball shoe 

PSN: imthebipolarbear / XBL: zBiPolarBear
 
 
Reply
PSN: imthebipolarbear / XBL: zBiPolarBear
 
 
Reply
post #266 of 2028

In addition to the details on the shoe laid out in the Wired cover story, Nike has confirmed with Sole Collector that appointments to experience and purchase the HyperAdapt will begin on Nov. 28. Nike is set to announce details on how to schedule one of these appointments in the coming weeks. One assumes that appointments will be scheduled through its new Nike+ app, a platform the brand has been pushing heavily since its August launch.

Pricing information on the HyperAdapt, which will no doubt be an expensive pair given the tech and innovation crammed into it, is not available yet.

http://*************.com/news/2016/09/nike-hyperadapt-self-lacing-shoe-release-date

Join eBates for the ultimate rebates & cashback for online purchases! It's money made easy!  Link here
Reply
Join eBates for the ultimate rebates & cashback for online purchases! It's money made easy!  Link here
Reply
post #267 of 2028
Guesses on the price? I say $250...
post #268 of 2028
November 28th? 🤔 Hopefully my registration entry for these pays off.
#AJ1FAM

Looking to trade my 2017 DS Jordan 1 "Royal" size 9.5 for DS 2016 Jordan 1 "Banned" in size 9 or 9.5


Expect less flaws rather than flawless
Reply
#AJ1FAM

Looking to trade my 2017 DS Jordan 1 "Royal" size 9.5 for DS 2016 Jordan 1 "Banned" in size 9 or 9.5


Expect less flaws rather than flawless
Reply
post #269 of 2028
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyJs23 View Post

November 28th? 🤔 Hopefully my registration entry for these pays off.

is there a sign up already...

 

RIP MARTY McFLY

               nthat.gif                        "NEVER SETTLE"
Reply
               nthat.gif                        "NEVER SETTLE"
Reply
post #270 of 2028
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyJs23 View Post

November 28th? 🤔 Hopefully my registration entry for these pays off.

I singed up too 8o 

Air Max Zero Vivid Sulfur Size 9 $120 shipped nerd.gif
Reply
Air Max Zero Vivid Sulfur Size 9 $120 shipped nerd.gif
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Nike
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Kicks › Nike › Nike HyperAdapt 1.0: With Adaptive Lacing