NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions - Page 35  

Poll Results: Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

 
  • 53% (216)
    Dubs
  • 46% (186)
    Cavs
402 Total Votes  
post #1021 of 30728

can I be a nba champion too? 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

post #1022 of 30728
Quote:
Originally Posted by yung16 View Post


plus and minus shows the quality and contribution to the team. He is actually one of the leaders in the NBA with a constant plus of about 9. Although in that series he was a minus. Just me bringing up what i felt was a relevant point if you dont like it then okay you can move on and say that guy is crazy and keep posting about other things.

But if the TEAM lost, why are you bringing up Plus/Minus.

 

Why wouldn't LeBron's plus/minus in that series be negative if his team got the breaks beat off of them?

 

That doesn't mean HE didn't come to play

post #1023 of 30728
 
Originally Posted by lakersman3000 View Post
 
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican View Post

You are tired of what it actually is?
this isnt football . Basketball ain't a team sport the way football is. Stop.

Thank you.  Like I have been saying...its the least team sport of all the team sports and can be dominated by individual players more than any other sport.

post #1024 of 30728
I wouldn't be surprised if the Cavs look drastically different next year. The East only had one elite team this year but they've gotta know that defensively, you're not going to survive depending on Kyrie, Love, JR and Lebron after 6 straight Finals appearances. I wouldn't trust that squad against any of the top 4 teams in the West. The Spurs maybe since they're more of a defensive team.

If Cleveland is really championship or bust, how do you expect to stop any elite offense when they can PNR Kyrie and Love to death? When JR has to defend the best perimeter player? (He tries hard but come on)
post #1025 of 30728
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican View Post

Stockton
Malone
Barkley
Ewing

Do you honestly look at them any differently because they weren't on championship teams?
no one regards any of them dudes at the best ever at they position... be real dude. Chips matter whether you agree or not isn't relevant
post #1026 of 30728
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican View Post

Stockton
Malone
Barkley
Ewing

Do you honestly look at them any differently because they weren't on championship teams?

We do. We dont hold them to that standard of what we hold magic mike and bird too. Although on the flip side i dont even give Horry any credit for his rings lol.
Is this where you put a sig?? eyes.gif
Is this where you put a sig?? eyes.gif
post #1027 of 30728
Quote:
Originally Posted by dland24 View Post
 

Thank you.  Like I have been saying...its the least team sport of all the team sports and can be dominated by individual players more than any other sport.

And when did I disagree with this point? Are you purposely not reading?

 

Yes, it can be influenced more heavily by one player but we are still talking about INFLUENCE. 

 

Meaning the other parts still need to do their jobs

 

Which goes back to the point of, it is a TEAM sport.

 

So one man shouldn't be getting the BLAME or the CREDIT.

post #1028 of 30728
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersman3000 View Post


no one regards any of them dudes at the best ever at they position

That wasn't the point nor was it my claim.

 

We are discussing GREAT players (I brought up Top 15), that don't have rings and whether or not we are BLAMING them for their teams not winning.

 

Stay on course

post #1029 of 30728
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersman3000 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican View Post

You are tired of what it actually is?
this isnt football . Basketball ain't a team sport the way football is. Stop.
This is so dumb.
TEAM CHEESEHEADS ..... HoustonRockets
Jordy Nelson: Best WR in the game .................................. The Roc Boys in the building tonight
TEAM CHEESEHEADS ..... HoustonRockets
Jordy Nelson: Best WR in the game .................................. The Roc Boys in the building tonight
post #1030 of 30728
shoot we even cancelled Chris Paul out of talks for best point guard because he doesnt have rings when truthfully he truly is the best pure point guard in the league. But since he has no rings he gets put to the back for Curry. It is what it is.
Is this where you put a sig?? eyes.gif
Is this where you put a sig?? eyes.gif
post #1031 of 30728

All of you, "Calling it a team sport is a cop-out" dudes, name me a playoff series where ONE player (alone) won the series vs. a SUPERIOR team.

 

Answer me that

 

Because if you are going to BLAME LeBron for the Cavs not beating the Warriors this year, you have to understand that one man doing that IN THE FINALS, just doesn't happen

post #1032 of 30728
This finals series is what everyone wanted all year. Just glad everyone is healthy this year.
post #1033 of 30728
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeze View Post

champion without the ring? wait..what?


lmaooooo you're funny DC. Tell that to somebody that won. Ask someone that lost what it feels like to be champ.
Stockton
Malone
Barkley
Ewing

Do you honestly look at them any differently because they weren't on championship teams?

As a fan, no I like them. But the players that actually play the games do. Kenny and shaq roast on chuck all of the time for not winning and not knowing what it feels like. As a basketball connoisseur, Looking at the bottom of the top 15 looks drastically different than the top. Here's the thing though, you can get into the top 15- 20 with no rings.

but top 10? gets tougher.

top 5?

5 ring minimum.

Lakers tho...

Lakers tho...

post #1034 of 30728
Quote:
Originally Posted by yung16 View Post

shoot we even cancelled Chris Paul out of talks for best point guard because he doesnt have rings when truthfully he truly is the best pure point guard in the league. But since he has no rings he gets put to the back for Curry. It is what it is.

Don't get me started on the CP3 bashing. I can be here all day "defending" him.

 

Plus I don't want to hear, @sea manup  say, "Well Cp3 isn't good enough if his teams don't win."

post #1035 of 30728
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican View Post
 

All of you, "Calling it a team sport is a cop-out" dudes, name me a playoff series where ONE player (alone) won the series vs. a SUPERIOR team.

 

Answer me that

 

Because if you are going to BLAME LeBron for the Cavs not beating the Warriors this year, you have to understand that one man doing that IN THE FINALS, just doesn't happen

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

post #1036 of 30728
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican View Post
 

But if the TEAM lost, why are you bringing up Plus/Minus.

 

Why wouldn't LeBron's plus/minus in that series be negative if his team got the breaks beat off of them?

 

That doesn't mean HE didn't come to play

 

You do realize that you can have a positive plus/minus and still lose games right?

post #1037 of 30728
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post
 

A FINALS series.

 

NBA FINALS series

post #1038 of 30728
Quote:
Originally Posted by junglejim View Post

You do realize that you can have a positive plus/minus and still lose games right?

holy crap i was gonna write this then i gave up on the convo lol
Is this where you put a sig?? eyes.gif
Is this where you put a sig?? eyes.gif
post #1039 of 30728
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by yung16 View Post

shoot we even cancelled Chris Paul out of talks for best point guard because he doesnt have rings when truthfully he truly is the best pure point guard in the league. But since he has no rings he gets put to the back for Curry. It is what it is.

Don't get me started on the CP3 bashing. I can be here all day "defending" him.

 

Plus I don't want to hear, @sea manup  say, "Well Cp3 isn't good enough if his teams don't win."

pls take all cp0 talk to the offseason thread, the first round of the playoffs is over

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

post #1040 of 30728
Quote:
Originally Posted by junglejim View Post
 

 

You do realize that you can have a positive plus/minus and still lose games right?

Over a SERIES dude.

 

A SERIES

 

A SERIES

 

A player that plays 95% of the minutes for a losing team in a playoff SERIES, is not going to have a positive plus minus

 

I am NOT talking about a single game

post #1041 of 30728
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post
 

pls take all cp0 talk to the offseason thread, the first round of the playoffs is over

:rollin **** you S emen

post #1042 of 30728
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican View Post
 

All of you, "Calling it a team sport is a cop-out" dudes, name me a playoff series where ONE player (alone) won the series vs. a SUPERIOR team.

 

Answer me that

 

Because if you are going to BLAME LeBron for the Cavs not beating the Warriors this year, you have to understand that one man doing that IN THE FINALS, just doesn't happen

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post
 

 

A FINALS series.

 

NBA FINALS series

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

post #1043 of 30728

I was thinking FINALS series. My fault on that one. :lol

post #1044 of 30728
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post

pls take all cp0 talk to the offseason thread, the first round of the playoffs is over


roll.gif chill
Is this where you put a sig?? eyes.gif
Is this where you put a sig?? eyes.gif
post #1045 of 30728
 
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post
 

can I be a nba champion too? 

Sure you can. If you are a Top 15 player of all time and just wasn't fortunate enough to play on a team that was good enough to win a ring. You can still get that label.

post #1046 of 30728
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican View Post

That wasn't the point nor was it my claim.

We are discussing GREAT players (I brought up Top 15), that don't have rings and whether or not we are BLAMING them for their teams not winning.

Stay on course
no because they aren't as great as some other players. They aren't held to the same standards as all time greats. That's the whole point. ... they are a separate level and held to different standards than goat type players .
post #1047 of 30728
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican View Post

LeBron is great. One of the best ever. Yes, he is the best on those teams by a significant margin.

But if other people don't also come to play, his teams wouldn't make the finals.

How is that a ridiculous point?

It is a team sport

This is niketalk man, people make up and say the dumbest things ever to hate on someone, or some team. You just have to sit back and laugh because it as if some people here do not think logical at all.
For Sale: LeBron 7 All Star worn 3 times NEED TO GO NOW! 9.5
$295 (USD) or best offer
For Sale: Lebron 9 Elite South Beach worn 5 times Size 9
$185 (USD) or best offer
For Sale: Lebron 10 Crown Jewels DS size 9.5
$505 (USD) or best offer
For Sale: LeBron 7 All Star worn 3 times NEED TO GO NOW! 9.5
$295 (USD) or best offer
For Sale: Lebron 9 Elite South Beach worn 5 times Size 9
$185 (USD) or best offer
For Sale: Lebron 10 Crown Jewels DS size 9.5
$505 (USD) or best offer
post #1048 of 30728
 
Originally Posted by lakersman3000 View Post


no because they aren't as great as some other players. They aren't held go the same standards as all time greats. That's the whole point.

And you think that makes sense?

 

That is where I am coming from.

 

Sure we do it. It seems like the right thing to do.

 

But we KNOW one man can only do but so much, so why does one man get the majority of the blame/credit when it is a team effort?

 

We KNOW this but we refuse to acknowledge it and fall back into the whole media story of, " _______ didn't win a ring."
 

It literally makes no sense to approach a win/loss like that.

post #1049 of 30728
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican View Post
 

Sure you can. If you are a Top 15 player of all time and just wasn't fortunate enough to play on a team that was good enough to win a ring. You can still get that label.

 

Why is it arbitrarily limited to the Top 15 players?

post #1050 of 30728
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican View Post
 
 
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post
 

can I be a nba champion too? 

Sure you can. If you are a Top 15 player of all time and just wasn't fortunate enough to play on a team that was good enough to win a ring. You can still get that label.

why do you draw the line at top 15 player?

 

what if someone is the 16th best player of all time and he never won a ring, but then he has a great season which bumps him into the top 15 (but gets knocked out of the second round). does that mean he won a championship that year? 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
This thread is locked  
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions