NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › Things To Do In Philly This Weekend? (Roots Picnic Weekend)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things To Do In Philly This Weekend? (Roots Picnic Weekend)

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 
What's up fellas! Flying into Philly tonight through Monday. What are some great things to do besides cheese steak? (not looking for too much of the historical touristy stuff but I would like to check out spots that would be like, "don't miss this", or "you gotta check out...."
Edited by Brandon3000 - 6/2/16 at 7:13am
Cavs, Browns, Ohio Bobcats
Twitter
Instagram
Reply
Cavs, Browns, Ohio Bobcats
Twitter
Instagram
Reply
post #2 of 21
Reading Terminal Market

Mitchell & Ness Flagship
post #3 of 21
go to the zoo and lean over the gorilla pit
Hard Knocks Open Tough Locks

Areyouin729
2002-2009
Reply
Hard Knocks Open Tough Locks

Areyouin729
2002-2009
Reply
post #4 of 21
Battle Meek Mill

Take a bubble bath with Peedi Crakk

Lose on the Sixers

Let Eve blow your mind
Houston Texans Seattle Seahawks Houston Rockets
Seattle Supersonics Houston Oilers
Reply
Houston Texans Seattle Seahawks Houston Rockets
Seattle Supersonics Houston Oilers
Reply
post #5 of 21
Really depends on what you want to do. There's a lot of historic sites here if you're into that. Oh and make sure you call everything a "Jawn" -Philly noun used to describe any and everything.

-Mitchell and Ness
-Liberty Bell
-South Street (shopping area, food, bars. pretty lively area)
-Philadelphia Mills Mall (aka Franklin Mills)
-Dave and Busters
-City Hall area is a big tourist attraction also
-The Franklin Institute
-A ton of bars and food spots but I can't recommend anything since I don't go.
-Benjamin Franklin Parkway (beautiful scenery here. The Art Museum is right around there with the Rocky Balboa statue)
- The Zoo
-Please Touch Museum (if you have kids)
post #6 of 21
Head up to the 12th street gym for a intense game of ball but pepper your angus in advance. devil.gif
post #7 of 21
I will help now that you edited out the shot at my city...

this is your tool to finding out everything cool that is going on
Quote:
Uwishunu Philly

@uwishunu

Uwishunu is Philly's go-to blog for everything fun & exciting happening in & around the city — restaurants, bars, events, festivals, arts, music, hotels & more
Hard Knocks Open Tough Locks

Areyouin729
2002-2009
Reply
Hard Knocks Open Tough Locks

Areyouin729
2002-2009
Reply
post #8 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingenious Nick View Post

Really depends on what you want to do. There's a lot of historic sites here if you're into that. Oh and make sure you call everything a "Jawn" -Philly noun used to describe any and everything.

-Mitchell and Ness
-Liberty Bell
-South Street (shopping area, food, bars. pretty lively area)
-Philadelphia Mills Mall (aka Franklin Mills)
-Dave and Busters
-City Hall area is a big tourist attraction also
-The Franklin Institute
-A ton of bars and food spots but I can't recommend anything since I don't go.
-Benjamin Franklin Parkway (beautiful scenery here. The Art Museum is right around there with the Rocky Balboa statue)
- The Zoo
-Please Touch Museum (if you have kids)

Why?
post #9 of 21
Thread Starter 
Thank you so much guys, everyone repped

and my apologies for the shot. all love!
Cavs, Browns, Ohio Bobcats
Twitter
Instagram
Reply
Cavs, Browns, Ohio Bobcats
Twitter
Instagram
Reply
post #10 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJs07 View Post

Why?

first thing I thought of laugh.gif

Dave and Busters was a cool spot to go to in like 1998
Hard Knocks Open Tough Locks

Areyouin729
2002-2009
Reply
Hard Knocks Open Tough Locks

Areyouin729
2002-2009
Reply
post #11 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJs07 View Post

Why?


Quote:
Originally Posted by StillIn729 View Post

first thing I thought of laugh.gif

Dave and Busters was a cool spot to go to in like 1998

D&B is still very popular. Well here at least. The last time I went was a year ago, I was shocked how crowded it was. Especially on a weekend or if there's a sporting event.
post #12 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingenious Nick View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJs07 View Post

Why?


Quote:
Originally Posted by StillIn729 View Post

first thing I thought of laugh.gif

Dave and Busters was a cool spot to go to in like 1998

D&B is still very popular. Well here at least. The last time I went was a year ago, I was shocked how crowded it was. Especially on a weekend or if there's a sporting event.

You can go to D&B anywhere, tho laugh.gif

It's like asking for restaurant recs in Philly and telling someone to go to the Olive Garden.
post #13 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingenious Nick View Post


D&B is still very popular. Well here at least. The last time I went was a year ago, I was shocked how crowded it was. Especially on a weekend or if there's a sporting event.

Yeah but if you are visiting philly, you don't wanna waste time going there

That's like going to Italy and eating at Applebee's
Hard Knocks Open Tough Locks

Areyouin729
2002-2009
Reply
Hard Knocks Open Tough Locks

Areyouin729
2002-2009
Reply
post #14 of 21
Thread Starter 
Any local spots I should check out? Food? Drinks?

Few people going to the Beyonce concert but i decided to just see the Finals. Good sports bars?
Cavs, Browns, Ohio Bobcats
Twitter
Instagram
Reply
Cavs, Browns, Ohio Bobcats
Twitter
Instagram
Reply
post #15 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillIn729 View Post

Yeah but if you are visiting philly, you don't wanna waste time going there

That's like going to Italy and eating at Applebee's
Wait really ? laugh.gif That's embarrassing....

I don't travel much, like at all. Philly is all I know...unfortunately. Whenever I have family or friends visit they say they never heard of it. Which I thought was strange, guess that's why I listed it.

My bad OP
post #16 of 21
Thread Starter 
it's all good. Any other spots?
Cavs, Browns, Ohio Bobcats
Twitter
Instagram
Reply
Cavs, Browns, Ohio Bobcats
Twitter
Instagram
Reply
post #17 of 21
See who is performing at SOB's. Marsha Ambrosius lives in Philly when she's stateside, Musiq Soulchild, Goapele, the whole neo soul scene.
post #18 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingenious Nick View Post

Wait really ? laugh.gif That's embarrassing....

I don't travel much, like at all. Philly is all I know...unfortunately. Whenever I have family or friends visit they say they never heard of it. Which I thought was strange, guess that's why I listed it.

My bad OP

back in the day it was a def. hot spot before they went real big and became a huge chain

OP I would hit up Barcade, now that is a cool *** place
Hard Knocks Open Tough Locks

Areyouin729
2002-2009
Reply
Hard Knocks Open Tough Locks

Areyouin729
2002-2009
Reply
post #19 of 21
Sports bars: fox and hounds, cavanaugh's.
post #20 of 21
@Brandon3000 I'll be there for the Roots Picnic myself. Here are a couple of events that I will be hitting up.

Good Vibes Only Happy Hour


Pregame Brunch

Hope this helps, message me if you are looking for anything else, I'm going with a fairly large group so we are bound to do more activities.
Edited by lil dre 08 - 6/2/16 at 10:03pm
http://dsmileywright.blogspot.com/
Twitter: DMak_Wright
Instagram: DMAKWRIGHT
Reply
http://dsmileywright.blogspot.com/
Twitter: DMak_Wright
Instagram: DMAKWRIGHT
Reply
post #21 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil dre 08 View Post

@Brandon3000 I'll be there for the Roots Picnic myself. Here are a couple of events that I will be hitting up.

Good Vibes Only Happy Hour


Pregame Brunch

Hope this helps, message me if you are looking for anything else, I'm going with a fairly large group so we are bound to do more activities.

Good look! That brunch was sold out but I may hit the happy hour.
Cavs, Browns, Ohio Bobcats
Twitter
Instagram
Reply
Cavs, Browns, Ohio Bobcats
Twitter
Instagram
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › Things To Do In Philly This Weekend? (Roots Picnic Weekend)