NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › Legal famb - Joe Mixon tape
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Legal famb - Joe Mixon tape

post #1 of 101
Thread Starter 

Can he press charges? I mean... She did hit push and hit him first.

Also, did she get charged with assault? Like, how does it work when two people hit each other and one person CLEARLY washes another??

One thing is for sure... She will never in her life ever try and flex on another football player again.

Inb4 cats completely absolve ol' girl's participation and act like Mixon walked up and stole off unprovoked.

Inb4 the standard "I don't hit women" and "I don't condone hitting women" qualifiers
Edited by handullz - 1/3/17 at 1:52pm
post #2 of 101
lol as if he doesn't have enough heat on him. He's already been crucified by public perception, for good reason. Yes she hit him first but damn he took it to the next level.

btw i've been arrested / took a plea deal for Domestic Violence / Simple battery myself.
post #3 of 101
People really defending him sick.gif
His *** walked in there when he knew there was issues and his *** walked out after he Tyson punched her. He could have easily never walked inside and he could have easily walked off when she pushed him
PSN: Aiinatural
Go Hawks, Mariners, Ducks
Reply
PSN: Aiinatural
Go Hawks, Mariners, Ducks
Reply
post #4 of 101
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by a55a5in11 View Post

People really defending him sick.gif
His *** walked in there when he knew there was issues and his *** walked out after he Tyson punched her. He could have easily never walked inside and he could have easily walked off when she pushed him

Please answer the following questions without mentioning Joe Mixon .

Should she have put her hands on him? Would this have happened if she had not put her hands on him? Did Joe Mixon pull back from hitting her the first time?
post #5 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by a55a5in11 View Post

People really defending him sick.gif
 

not everyone was raised equally

 

there are more parts of this world than I care to admit where this behavior is defended

 

for the foreseeable future there will be men who annihilate women.

post #6 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by handullz View Post


Can he press charges? I mean... She did hit push and hit him first.

Also, did she get charged with assault? Like, how does it work when two people hit each other and one person CLEARLY washes another??

One thing is for sure... She will never in her life ever try and flex on another football player again.

Inb4 cats completely absolve ol' girl's participation and act like Mixon walked up and stole off unprovoked.

Inb4 the standard "I don't hit women" and "I don't condone hitting women" qualifiers
They would likely both be charged with assault of the police were called.

Still that was kinda over the top and super fast. It's not like she delivered a haymaker to him or anything. Don't know what was said but homie just looked like he wanted to punch her from the start.
Edited by blakep267 - 1/3/17 at 2:47pm
post #7 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakep267 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by handullz View Post

They would likely both be charged with assault of the police were called.

roll.gif

Do you even police, bro?

"...he's the Duncan MacLeod of IT on NT..."

Twitter

Programming Languages: ASP.NET, C/C#, HTML/CSS, Java, JavaScript, MIPS, SQL.


Ask me for help with any of the programming languages above.
Reply

"...he's the Duncan MacLeod of IT on NT..."

Twitter

Programming Languages: ASP.NET, C/C#, HTML/CSS, Java, JavaScript, MIPS, SQL.


Ask me for help with any of the programming languages above.
Reply
post #8 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakep267 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by handullz View Post

They would likely both be charged with assault of the police were called.

roll.gif

Do you even police, bro?
I'm just going by the normal bar fight rules etc. when there's a brawl both you guys get arrested even if one is over the top.

Also the New York train slap guy. Both him and the girl got charged
post #9 of 101
She put her hands on him first and should have never done so.....but she posed no threat and what he did was not in self-defense. That was hard to watch.
post #10 of 101

she deserved it

equal rights

 

 

how would you act if a man slapped you?

barca.
Reply
barca.
Reply
post #11 of 101
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJs07 View Post

She put her hands on him first and should have never done so.....but she posed no threat and what he did was not in self-defense. That was hard to watch.

Cats gotta stop thinking these women are incapable of stuff.

This is why we will never see Rousey vs a 230 lb dude.

mean.gif
post #12 of 101
The way son squared up though. Really? Keep your hands to yourself, whatever gender, but dude is certified *****.
post #13 of 101

If it was a dude who got knocked out, people would be laughing at how he's dumb to pick a fight with a football player 

post #14 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by japejapejape View Post

she deserved it
equal rights


how would you act if a man slapped you?


Bruh, the force of her slap wasn't anywhere near the force of the retaliatory blow.


He wild for that one.


Normally i'd agree with you, if in fact she hauled off on his *** but that clearly wasn't the case.


This dude hit her with the hand of God man.


All that said, he's a young man, who made an egregious mistake.


I don't believe he should be exempt from a football career indefinitely because of this incident however.


I don't think that's ever the solution. Stopping someone from making a living accomplishes nothing, it's stagnating.


I believe with time that maybe he can grow into a man that learned from his mistake and serves as an example to other young men. Possibly giving his time and resources to raise awareness against senseless acts of violence.


She too needs to keep her hands to herself, I'm not saying she's the angel in this incident at all.
post #15 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Dimon View Post

If it was a dude who got knocked out, people would be laughing at how he's dumb to pick a fight with a football player 


Really, IMO unless it's two willing, mutual combatants we should frown on such instances of violence regardless of sex.


She wasn't ready, if she were a he, he wouldn't of been ready (assuming that a he in this instance would've slapped him with the same force she did).


Now if it were a dude that hauled off on Mixon and he returned the favor and ended up the victor, then that'd be fair play.


There are some frail *** dudes capable of slapping with the force of a feather, would you hit 'em with the force Mixon did in return? I wouldn't, that's OD.
post #16 of 101

i don't care about how hard she slapped him. 

 

 

she shouldn't have slapped him at all.  

so if a man slapped him like that would that man not deserve that punch?

barca.
Reply
barca.
Reply
post #17 of 101
Legally he's in the clear, but you know how the public gonna judge this. I personally wouldn't have reacted the way he did.
post #18 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen View Post


Now if it were a dude that hauled off on Mixon and he returned the favor and ended up the victor, then that'd be fair play.

 

how is that fair?  that's ******* stupid. if a man puts his hands on you, you lay his *** out. 

you really expect someone to wait to see if he's going to swing on you before you knock his *** out?

 

 

nah

 

a man put his hands on me (especially my face) he better be ready.

you don't go puting your hands on people and not get ready to get knocked out

 

 

 

 

 

i honestly wouldn't have hit her either but she should expect some sort of retaliation when she slapped him

barca.
Reply
barca.
Reply
post #19 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by japejapejape View Post

i don't care about how hard she slapped him. 


she shouldn't have slapped him at all.  
so if a man slapped him like that would that man not deserve that punch?


If a man slapped me like that? I wouldn't haul off on him like that.


No way man. You have to assess the situation. He was in no danger whatsoever of being injured. By all means defend yourself, but do so intelligently and tactfully.


There were definitely better ways to handle that situation and neutralize her. Walking away would've been the optimal choice.
post #20 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by japejapejape View Post

how is that fair?  that's ******* stupid. if a man puts his hands on you, you lay his *** out. 
you really expect someone to wait to see if he's going to swing on you before you knock his *** out?


nah

a man put his hands on me (especially my face) he better be ready.
you don't go puting your hands on people and not get ready to get knocked out



i honestly wouldn't have hit her either but she should expect some sort of retaliation when she slapped him


Depends on the man. Do I know this person? Do I know what he's capable of? If he's a stranger I will likely react first and question later. If it's someone I know and I know he's not capable of hurting me, like Mixon likely knew in that instance, I would likely react accordingly.


With a male? I'd subdue him, with a female? Walk away.
post #21 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDiginson View Post

Legally he's in the clear, but you know how the public gonna judge this. I personally wouldn't have reacted the way he did.


Legally he was not at all in the clear. He was arrested and charged with misdemeanor assault, he received a one-year deferred sentence and was required to undergo counseling and serve 100 hours of community service.
post #22 of 101
Best analogy I can use, think like a bouncer.


An effective bouncer can often handle situations without resorting to violence.


Even with males, they can often dispatch males using minimal force.


Jape, do you think effective bouncers are knocking out guys left and right on a nightly basis? No, b/c that does two things.


1. Makes their establishment susceptible to litigation.


2. Makes their job more dangerous. Why? Because if you haul off on every ol' person it sets you up to retaliation (either from the party you hit or from his friends) and it escalates the situation instead of deescalation.


I digress...


The point here is that Mixon clearly knows what he's capable of, and he can intelligently assess what she's capable of. You're not going to convince me otherwise.


He should've taken the high road. With what's at sake for him career-wise, he should've just simply walked away.
post #23 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen View Post

Bruh, the force of her slap wasn't anywhere near the force of the retaliatory blow.


He wild for that one.


Normally i'd agree with you, if in fact she hauled off on his *** but that clearly wasn't the case.


This dude hit her with the hand of God man.

.


In this case, as much as i dont want too, im gona be on homies side.

Based on the vid, all he did was just walk up to her, she had no excuse to put her hands on him. Was the punch necessary? NO but in my eyes this would be self defense. Imagine if she had pushed him harder and he got knocked down and got some concussion or some ish.


Then again, im no lawyer
Saucin', saucin', I'm saucin' on you
Reply
Saucin', saucin', I'm saucin' on you
Reply
post #24 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23kidd View Post

In this case, as much as i dont want too, im gona be on homies side.

Based on the vid, all he did was just walk up to her, she had no excuse to put her hands on him. Was the punch necessary? NO but in my eyes this would be self defense. Imagine if she had pushed him harder and he got knocked down and got some concussion or some ish.


Then again, im no lawyer


C'mon bro, he's a college football player, he bounces off tackles regularly. Ain't no way that she could've pushed him with enough force to drop him and concuss him.


**** is she? Amanda Nunes or some ish? laugh.gif


And I'm on nobodies side, I want both parties to walk away from this situation as better people.
post #25 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen View Post

C'mon bro, he's a college football player, he bounces off tackles regularly. Ain't no way that she could've pushed him with enough force to drop him and concuss him.


**** is she? Amanda Nunes or some ish? laugh.gif


And I'm on nobodies side, I want both parties to walk away from this situation as better people.

All im trying to say is shawty had no business putting hands on him.

And who knows, maybe she could be the next Rousey in training nerd.gif
Saucin', saucin', I'm saucin' on you
Reply
Saucin', saucin', I'm saucin' on you
Reply
post #26 of 101
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23kidd View Post

All im trying to say is shawty had no business putting hands on him.

And who knows, maybe she could be the next Rousey in training nerd.gif

10 of these chicks vs @kiefsweat?

nerd.gif
post #27 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23kidd View Post

All im trying to say is shawty had no business putting hands on him.

Oh of course, she absolutely had no business touching him in that manner. I stated as much myself.

Quote:
And who knows, maybe she could be the next Rousey in training nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by handullz View Post

10 of these chicks vs @kiefsweat?

nerd.gif

nerd.gifnerd.gifnerd.gif
post #28 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by handullz View Post

Please answer the following questions without mentioning Joe Mixon .

Should she have put her hands on him? Would this have happened if she had not put her hands on him? Did Joe Mixon pull back from hitting her the first time?

The hypothetical what if's that end up in threads like these are always so ignorant, so I'll throw some out there myself.

If it was your mom hitting a college football player like that in the face, would you be ok with that "self defense"? What about your grandmother? What about your sister at age 16?
post #29 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyBlueDemon View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by handullz View Post

Please answer the following questions without mentioning Joe Mixon .

Should she have put her hands on him? Would this have happened if she had not put her hands on him? Did Joe Mixon pull back from hitting her the first time?

The hypothetical what if's that end up in threads like these are always so ignorant, so I'll throw some out there myself.

If it was your mom hitting a college football player like that in the face, would you be ok with that "self defense"? What about your grandmother? What about your sister at age 16?

Would you be ok with your mom or 16 year old sister out there slapping dudes?
CHELSEA F.C.
PHOENIX SUNS
ARIZONA WILDCATS
TENNESSEE TITANS
Reply
CHELSEA F.C.
PHOENIX SUNS
ARIZONA WILDCATS
TENNESSEE TITANS
Reply
post #30 of 101
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyBlueDemon View Post

The hypothetical what if's that end up in threads like these are always so ignorant, so I'll throw some out there myself.

If it was your mom hitting a college football player like that in the face, would you be ok with that "self defense"? What about your grandmother? What about your sister at age 16?

Fortunately, my momb and grandmother aren't dumb enough to think they can step to another adult and there not be consequences.

They understand that being a woman doesn't absolve them from being a jerk. They don't get to float around with impunity just because they have a vagina.

I'd be mad at Joe Mixon, but I'd still ask my momb and grandma "da **** was going through your mind when you thought it would be a good idea to hit that man?"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › Legal famb - Joe Mixon tape