NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › Lavar Ball school of parenting...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lavar Ball school of parenting... - Page 2

post #31 of 1946
his dad wont even be able to pull that stuff in the nba
too much at stake with sponsorships, nba contract, etc. his agent will tell his dad to step back, unless, pops is going to be the agent laugh.gif
post #32 of 1946
Quote:
Originally Posted by rillo561 View Post

I'm sorry but these names Lamelo and Liangelo are ******* hilarious.

It's sad seeing a parent (usually a father when it comes to sports) trying to live through their kids.

Names just as sad mean.gif


Quote:
Originally Posted by DMan14 View Post

his dad wont even be able to pull that stuff in the nba
too much at stake with sponsorships, nba contract, etc. his agent will tell his dad to step back, unless, pops is going to be the agent laugh.gif

Sounds like he tryin to be laugh.gifmean.gif
post #33 of 1946

going in on their names tho? :{

 

i guess he shoulda named them connor, tanner and wyatt :rolleyes

post #34 of 1946

:20

 

 

Lavar must've went to the prestigious Joseph Jackson school of "hell or high water" parenting.

They gonna make it.
Ahmed and another Spank source agree that Jordan especially had a soft spot for "chubby blond girls." "He got it bad, bad," Ahmed says of Jordan's taste in Lane Bryant models.
Reply
Ahmed and another Spank source agree that Jordan especially had a soft spot for "chubby blond girls." "He got it bad, bad," Ahmed says of Jordan's taste in Lane Bryant models.
Reply
post #35 of 1946
Pops just gotta chill.
Edited by 703 Hwy - 2/28/17 at 12:42pm
post #36 of 1946
Meh ..
post #37 of 1946
Definitely agree.. He is setting those kids up for an L. It is not cool to compare your kids, specially to that kind of standard, publicly.


Has he even played professionally ? numerous players have ended up as busts because of that ridiculous monumental pressure.


I am not even sold on the talent yet. laugh.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERACISM View Post

The media is trying to keep a black father down.


indifferent.gif



dumb comment of the day fr laugh.gif



_
Edited by MvP07 - 2/28/17 at 12:36pm
post #38 of 1946
Pops wants to be a FOF so bad

maxresdefault.jpg
On A Savage Journey.
Reply
On A Savage Journey.
Reply
post #39 of 1946
Hope Lavar keep talking his **** and his sons continue balling and pulling up for ridiculous 3's pimp.gif

The younger sons gotta chill with the eyebrow cuts tho sick.giflaugh.gif
NORTHEAST BALTIMORE RAVENS O'S MAGIC

WHERE DA BIG BOOTY FREAKS AT?
Reply
NORTHEAST BALTIMORE RAVENS O'S MAGIC

WHERE DA BIG BOOTY FREAKS AT?
Reply
post #40 of 1946
Lonzo will only play for the Lakers, huh?

If the Lakers don't land in the Top 3 their pick goes to Philadelphia. Assuming what he said is true, the Lakers do not pick again until #27.
1st overall pick makes $4.9M
2nd overall pick makes $4.4M
3rd overall pick makes $3.9M

27 overall pick makes $996K

He's going to cost his son $3-4M with that asinine statement.
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS
SACRAMENTO KINGS
Reply
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS
SACRAMENTO KINGS
Reply
post #41 of 1946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion View Post

Lonzo will only play for the Lakers, huh?

If the Lakers don't land in the Top 3 their pick goes to Philadelphia. Assuming what he said is true, the Lakers do not pick again until #27.
1st overall pick makes $4.9M
2nd overall pick makes $4.4M
3rd overall pick makes $3.9M

27 overall pick makes $996K

He's going to cost his son $3-4M with that asinine statement.


yeaaaaaaa teams are passing on lonzo because of some silly **** his dad said

post #42 of 1946
22cafcd7_you-missed-the-point-136652951838.png

No team will do that, but because no team will do that it makes Lavar have to retract his words and negotiate with a team that isn't the Lakers.

Lavar eats crow.
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS
SACRAMENTO KINGS
Reply
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS
SACRAMENTO KINGS
Reply
post #43 of 1946

did he say if they dont draft him hes going overseas? 8o

post #44 of 1946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion View Post

22cafcd7_you-missed-the-point-136652951838.png

No team will do that, but because no team will do that it makes Lavar have to retract his words and negotiate with a team that isn't the Lakers.

Lavar eats crow.


What point?
post #45 of 1946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand2HandKing View Post
 

did he say if they dont draft him hes going overseas? 8o

Welp. Good luck with that.

 

I'd lose interest in basketball if my dad acted this way during HS. 

 

Sure, he wants his children to succeed, but I agree with some of you, he should calm down with the comments.

post #46 of 1946
$50 for a shirt? sike
post #47 of 1946
He needs to chill out. People are becoming apprehensive about dealing with Lamelo because of his dad. He's putting his son in the headlines for the wrong reasons (and yes, when it comes to drafting players there is such a thing as bad publicity) I understand wanting to promote your children but he's been OD for a while now. Saying he'll only play for a certain team? Saying he's better than the reigning league MVP? It's sad because Lamelo is a pretty chill kid, its his dad making people hate him. Let his game speak. Does he not realize that there are people who don't like his son because of his words? Why do that to your kid?!
Edited by ATLsFinest - 2/28/17 at 1:37pm
post #48 of 1946
pops need to fall back
post #49 of 1946
Has his parents ever played sports? I look at other professional athletes and even college kids who did have dads who played in the NBA or NCAAs. You never seem to see a guy like Del Curry come out and be reckless with comments about either of his sons.

Now there are recent articles about the dad talking about his son having his own brand being bigger than JORDAN brand.

mean.gif

Where's the mom in all of this? Or the actual sons? Speak up to this abuse
post #50 of 1946
His comments about only signing with the Lakers was stupid
CHELSEA F.C.
PHOENIX SUNS
ARIZONA WILDCATS
TENNESSEE TITANS
Reply
CHELSEA F.C.
PHOENIX SUNS
ARIZONA WILDCATS
TENNESSEE TITANS
Reply
post #51 of 1946
Pops wylin and just trying to cash in ASAP off his boys. That video showed me all I need to see to go along with his ridiculous statements about his oldest. What's pops résumé? Did he play? Willing to bet not past high school if so
IG: theboxstacker
Twitter: tpdatruth
Reply
IG: theboxstacker
Twitter: tpdatruth
Reply
post #52 of 1946
Meh.. just teach them there's 26 letters in the alphabet. Plan A rarely works
Truculent when provoked. Toko strong...
Reply
Truculent when provoked. Toko strong...
Reply
post #53 of 1946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayniac211 View Post

Meh.. just teach them there's 26 letters in the alphabet. Plan A rarely works

He likes the letter "L" it seems.
post #54 of 1946
Lavar just tryna get that wack ads big baller brand out there. Tryna get all the attention on him and his kids and keep us talking about em. He doesn't truly believe he's better than Steph, he can't. He can believe he will be better 1 day but not now. Hell he needs to pray lianagelo is as good as Seth cuz he's the one that's gonna do 4 years and become a gym teacher.
Outta this world jupitar jack
Reply
Outta this world jupitar jack
Reply
post #55 of 1946
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJs07 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular23 View Post

I saw the episode of First Take with this topic and i cant be mad at Lavar.

He wants best for his child, comparing him to Curry was a bit much, but if you want your child to succeed you set standards for your kid

It puts pressure on Lamelo, but it should also push and drive to be the best.

Either way, all 3 kids should have a good career in basketball.

I think it's 100% fine to want the best for your kid. I just don't think he's going about it in the right way. He's making more about him, than his sons. To me, it's ridiculously selfish.

im wit you on this part, i would say he just a proud parent

 

but dude said all this wasnt a mistake, he bred his sons, he always had a tall attractive woman on deck so he would end up breedin a hooper

 

after he said that i was wonderin his kids gotta know his dad only stuck around to use em as a meal ticket, but then again they could flip it on some its a good thing 

 

and then what type of position u put yo wife or bm in talkin stupid like that to a media source on video

 

or maybe he just always say dumb ****

 

all around he a clown usin his sons clout to talk crazy, he a lame flat out

post #56 of 1946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cool23 View Post
 

:20

 

 

Lavar must've went to the prestigious Joseph Jackson school of "hell or high water" parenting.

They gonna make it.

LMFAO

 

they dad a lame fr

 

u can tell he always put them against each other, they talk **** so dry even tho its true

 

i aint kno gelo was 6'6 tho

post #57 of 1946
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulprince3730 View Post

im wit you on this part, i would say he just a proud parent

but dude said all this wasnt a mistake, he bred his sons, he always had a tall attractive woman on deck so he would end up breedin a hooper

after he said that i was wonderin his kids gotta know his dad only stuck around to use em as a meal ticket, but then again they could flip it on some its a good thing 

and then what type of position u put yo wife or bm in talkin stupid like that to a media source on video

or maybe he just always say dumb ****

all around he a clown usin his sons clout to talk crazy, he a lame flat out
My girl 6 ft and I'm 6'3 👀 u mean to tell me I got the next lamelo. Anybody know where to cop the Joe Jackson recipe?
Outta this world jupitar jack
Reply
Outta this world jupitar jack
Reply
post #58 of 1946
***** u cant hoop lol
Team Cleveland OG member #5
Reply
Team Cleveland OG member #5
Reply
post #59 of 1946

dam, i aint kno yo girl is 6'

 

u winnin, u got a son right?

 

post #60 of 1946
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulprince3730 View Post

LMFAO

they dad a lame fr

u can tell he always put them against each other, they talk **** so dry even tho its true

i aint kno gelo was 6'6 tho

and he still can't dunk mean.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › Lavar Ball school of parenting...