NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › When and Why did you lose interest in sneakers VOL.....PRIORITIES
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

When and Why did you lose interest in sneakers VOL.....PRIORITIES - Page 7

post #181 of 192

Didn't get into sneakers until 10th grade....really got into them during college, but lack of funds prevented me from continuing copping after graduation. After awhile, the older i became, i just couldn't find the time to wear all the different pairs. I've probably copped 3 pairs of sneakers between 2013 to now. Last week tho i copped the royal 1s for my 30th birthday and tomorrow hopefully the Silver Bullet AM97s....feel like i might go on a little run copping some sneakers again lol. The passion is still there no doubt, but my patience as far as seeing these new kids who don't really appreciate the shoes and the hassle of trying to obtain the shoe (not even gonna get into the insane price hikes that have occured over the years) has kept me from going hard. Def quality over quantity if i do decide to jump back into sneakers tho.

post #182 of 192
What's also alarming is several sneaker Youtube reviewers are now selling off their collections. They all have separate reasons for doing so but found it very odd that they are doing this in the same relative time frame.
Looking to Trade DS Jordan 1 2017 Royals for DS 2016 Black Toes - Size 13
Reply
Looking to Trade DS Jordan 1 2017 Royals for DS 2016 Black Toes - Size 13
Reply
post #183 of 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50inchvert View Post

What's also alarming is several sneaker Youtube reviewers are now selling off their collections. They all have separate reasons for doing so but found it very odd that they are doing this in the same relative time frame.
Follow me on Twitter @MJO23DAN
Follow me on Instagram @MJO23DAN
Follow me on YouTube @MJO23DAN
Reply
Follow me on Twitter @MJO23DAN
Follow me on Instagram @MJO23DAN
Follow me on YouTube @MJO23DAN
Reply
post #184 of 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50inchvert View Post

What's also alarming is several sneaker Youtube reviewers are now selling off their collections. They all have separate reasons for doing so but found it very odd that they are doing this in the same relative time frame.

Most of those Youtube clowns hopped on when being a 'sneakerhead' was trendy. So you have cats that were essentially volume buyers vs. genuinely liking kicks and now they've got stacks of kicks that they purchased just for the sake of purchasing and have a serious case of buyer's remorse.

Someone who genuinely likes kicks will downsize as you get older and have different priorities, but cats selling off entire collections were never into kicks to begin with.
post #185 of 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by vood99 View Post


Most of those Youtube clowns hopped on when being a 'sneakerhead' was trendy. So you have cats that were essentially volume buyers vs. genuinely liking kicks and now they've got stacks of kicks that they purchased just for the sake of purchasing and have a serious case of buyer's remorse.

Someone who genuinely likes kicks will downsize as you get older and have different priorities, but cats selling off entire collections were never into kicks to begin with.


Right I agree. However, most usually end up with an excess amount of sneakers because they need video content. So for the most part they are just buying the next major release, whether they like the shoe or not, so they can't keep their viewers/subscribers entertained. No different than those IG and FB hacks who buy a shoe to post on-feet photos only to end up selling them or returning them to the store a day later.
Looking to Trade DS Jordan 1 2017 Royals for DS 2016 Black Toes - Size 13
Reply
Looking to Trade DS Jordan 1 2017 Royals for DS 2016 Black Toes - Size 13
Reply
post #186 of 192

never lost interest, just dont mess with certain models because i refuse to be associated with some folks.

post #187 of 192
When I got my first real job out of college and didn't wear sneakers anymore really. I don't even hoop as much as I did back then after moving out.


These days, I spend my money on traveling.
post #188 of 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingcurt1 View Post

never lost interest, just dont mess with certain models because i refuse to be associated with some folks.

Why u care bout others? Unless im misunderstanding what youre saying

Like dude said up top, the passion is still there but my patience dealing with it isnt.
Saucin', saucin', I'm saucin' on you
Reply
Saucin', saucin', I'm saucin' on you
Reply
post #189 of 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23kidd View Post


Why u care bout others? Unless im misunderstanding what youre saying

Like dude said up top, the passion is still there but my patience dealing with it isnt.

as a youth, buying kicks was done primarily to stunt on each other in a friendly manner as well as a means of showing off your individuality without having to wear what everyone deemed the "it" shoe....everyone has different reasons for copping....some hoard, some buy what ************* says to, and some buy because resell is there....it is what it is.

 

the same way folks may look at my reasoning funny is the same way i look at buying multiples or having 100 kicks with no fits.

post #190 of 192
Word i get what you saying now fam
Saucin', saucin', I'm saucin' on you
Reply
Saucin', saucin', I'm saucin' on you
Reply
post #191 of 192
When the culture changed.

It used to be about the admiration for the man that made us dream big.
It used to be about discovering all of the intricacies that Jordans had to offer that you couldn't see in an Eastbay photo or on Jordan's feet when he unveiled them to the world.

As soon as it became about posting IG photos with the shoes only to sell them a few days later, just so they could stunt...
and when that spilled over into resellers buying up the FSR, and they start to artificially raise the market price...

which led to instant sold out releases because people were using bots and stores introduced raffles. I WAS DONE!

Jordans have always had a certain prestige from owning them but as soon as the culture changed from buying the shoes because you love them, to buying the shoes to stunt for the Gram, it was over.

I recently bought some AJ1 at an outlet for $65 just because I liked them and they were heavily discount(MSRP $150)
Besides that the last shoes I bought were Ferrari XIVs and before that I think it was Toro IVs.

But mainly because I realized that while I'm wasting money on shoes( some of which I already had), I could be investing that money into something that can make me more money.
Cant make a Billion dollars off of buying shoes.
post #192 of 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysRcrak View Post

When the culture changed.

It used to be about the admiration for the man that made us dream big.
It used to be about discovering all of the intricacies that Jordans had to offer that you couldn't see in an Eastbay photo or on Jordan's feet when he unveiled them to the world.

As soon as it became about posting IG photos with the shoes only to sell them a few days later, just so they could stunt...
and when that spilled over into resellers buying up the FSR, and they start to artificially raise the market price...

which led to instant sold out releases because people were using bots and stores introduced raffles. I WAS DONE!

Jordans have always had a certain prestige from owning them but as soon as the culture changed from buying the shoes because you love them, to buying the shoes to stunt for the Gram, it was over.

I recently bought some AJ1 at an outlet for $65 just because I liked them and they were heavily discount(MSRP $150)
Besides that the last shoes I bought were Ferrari XIVs and before that I think it was Toro IVs.

But mainly because I realized that while I'm wasting money on shoes( some of which I already had), I could be investing that money into something that can make me more money.
Cant make a Billion dollars off of buying shoes.

i hear ya...but jordan wasn't a driving force in my interest..it was the variety that  got me....bo jacksons, barkleys, pumps, etc....there were some jays, but when folk started equating jays with instant cool, i backed off them to a certain extent.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › When and Why did you lose interest in sneakers VOL.....PRIORITIES