NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › '13 Reasons Why' Thread (Original Netflix Series)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

'13 Reasons Why' Thread (Original Netflix Series) - Page 2

post #31 of 113
Just my personal opinion, having only read the synopsis of the book, watching the show and a couple YouTube videos with theories..

It's a story of people having to directly face the ramifications of their actions.. the ramifications are clearly ongoing, so they could very easily have a 2nd season leading directly from this, court cases and everything that surrounds that.. Hannah and the tapes were just the 'big bang' in a sense

The format obviously changes a bit, without going through the tapes to that extent and Hannah herself being that involved.. but we got a glimpse of that throughout the series and specifically in the finale when clay goes to see Kevin

Obviously we'll have whatever steps Hannah's parents now take.. clay's mother will eventually hear as well, which will lead to decisions on her part.. then guidance counselor could go any number of ways





Tyler is obviously their big play.. but there is a ton there if they don't go that route material wise for at least 1-3 more seasons
post #32 of 113
Gonna watch this soon
CHELSEA F.C.
PHOENIX SUNS
ARIZONA WILDCATS
TENNESSEE TITANS
Reply
CHELSEA F.C.
PHOENIX SUNS
ARIZONA WILDCATS
TENNESSEE TITANS
Reply
post #33 of 113
Very great show. I really enjoyed how natural and genuine the actors and dialogue felt, though the plot felt a bit gimmicky at times.
The show's handling of tough subjects like suicide really makes you think about those topics by confronting you with realistic and graphic portrayals that likely makes you uncomfortable.
post #34 of 113
Show is trash
post #35 of 113
Show isn't good....mountain outta mole hills. Couldve been rapped up as a 1hr and 30 min movie laugh.gif.

Corny too. Almost feel like they are TRYING to be corny on purpose...and pay homage to campy stereotypical 80s high school movies. Some slight trolling with this show...
Ravens, O's, Nuggets, Jazz
Reply
Ravens, O's, Nuggets, Jazz
Reply
post #36 of 113
That's the point though, everything is a mountain to some of these fragile kids. Just keep an eye out for your own.
post #37 of 113
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colombia View Post

Very great show. really makes you think about those topics by confronting you with realistic and graphic portrayals that likely makes you uncomfortable.

Exactly how I felt.. Gave me that uncomfortable feeling from the first episode
uMAD FC smokin.gif

iG - Henz0H / Twitter - @Henz0
XBOX Live - Henz0
Reply
uMAD FC smokin.gif

iG - Henz0H / Twitter - @Henz0
XBOX Live - Henz0
Reply
post #38 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano View Post

Show is trash

why you cant just say that.

 

you should read the book its different.

 

clay finishes the tapes in 1 day rather than days or w/e

post #39 of 113
Spoiler





So Tyler shot Alex right?
post #40 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVOMIKE View Post

Spoiler

So Tyler shot Alex right?


I don't think so
post #41 of 113
I believe they clearly said suicide attempt, unless they're going the twist route.
post #42 of 113
Idk Tyler buys a gun and then has pictures of all the kids hanging up and then takes Alex's picture down
post #43 of 113
Tyler was that creep kid who was taking pics of everyone right? I thought he was going to shoot up the school or somethingmaybe that's season 2 13 reasons why he shot up the school

Originally Posted by Methodical Management 
If buying the latest sneakers is still at the top of your list once you've reached your mid-thirties, something's wrong.

Reply

Originally Posted by Methodical Management 
If buying the latest sneakers is still at the top of your list once you've reached your mid-thirties, something's wrong.

Reply
post #44 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter91 View Post

Tyler was that creep kid who was taking pics of everyone right? I thought he was going to shoot up the school or somethingmaybe that's season 2 13 reasons why he shot up the school

That's him..

Something is going happen with that chest.. depends on how big they wanna go with it
post #45 of 113
I think the hanging the pictures up was his hit list and took alex off since alex helped him out once.

I don't see a need for another season. Show revolves around the telling of Hannah's story and how they interacted with everybody in the show and that is now over, no need to make another season about what happens next, although it'll be interesting what happens with tyler.
post #46 of 113
I've seen lifetime movies better executed than this.

Sexting in Suburbia >>>

Ravens, O's, Nuggets, Jazz
Reply
Ravens, O's, Nuggets, Jazz
Reply
post #47 of 113
Sherry tho... pimp.gif
Minnesota Vikings
NYK NYY NYR
Reply
Minnesota Vikings
NYK NYY NYR
Reply
post #48 of 113
my random thoughts on how a season 2 could be about Tyler

photos he printed is his hit list... he removed alex cuz alex was the only dude who ever made an attempt and caring for him.

Tyler then records tapes on why he's about to each one of them... made the tapes very manipulative so he can get away w/ it / ensure they dont go to authorities... all the kids live in fear but cant say why.

waits till he can confirm the person listens to their tape and offs them

Offs himself after da last.

Moral of the story was everyone was so worried about hannah baker in season 1 when she was already dead. There was someone alive that could have been helped but they didn't and the process was repeated.
Check out
My Photography

Subscribe to
Reply
Check out
My Photography

Subscribe to
Reply
post #49 of 113

The ending definitely leaves things open for a potential season 2. It would probably focus on the topic of school shootings given Tyler's actions in the final episode.

Wouldn't be a book adaptation anymore obviously but I'd watch it.

post #50 of 113
Still gotta deal with fall out from this.. obviously it goes to trial with the parents now having the extra ammo

Eventually clay's mom will see the tapes and their family has to deal with it.. guidance counselor has to figure out what he wants to do and is willing to risk, since his job would be on the line and he got a new family

Maybe after the lawyer goes at Tyler he snaps and that breaks him.. but it'll be something, but I think that's mid to late season.. zero need to rush that
post #51 of 113
ok so i watched the first episode and i can think of 13 reasons why i don't want to watch the second episode.

should i continue.

does this get better.
"There isn't much that I feel I need..... a solid soul, and the blood i bleed."
Reply
"There isn't much that I feel I need..... a solid soul, and the blood i bleed."
Reply
post #52 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by sckid20 View Post

ok so i watched the first episode and i can think of 13 reasons why i don't want to watch the second episode.

should i continue.

does this get better.

its a lot more of the same, just her explaining **** about various people who bullied her, etc.
Minnesota Vikings
NYK NYY NYR
Reply
Minnesota Vikings
NYK NYY NYR
Reply
post #53 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by sckid20 View Post

ok so i watched the first episode and i can think of 13 reasons why i don't want to watch the second episode.

should i continue.

does this get better.

Not gonna lie, the show's a slow burn.
post #54 of 113
is it better than bloodline.

would you recommend this show to somebody?
"There isn't much that I feel I need..... a solid soul, and the blood i bleed."
Reply
"There isn't much that I feel I need..... a solid soul, and the blood i bleed."
Reply
post #55 of 113
bloodline to me was a slow burn, even though I loved season 1. Season 2 I couldn't get into the first few episodes for some reason and never got to finish it. Was S2 of BL good?
Minnesota Vikings
NYK NYY NYR
Reply
Minnesota Vikings
NYK NYY NYR
Reply
post #56 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by hymen man View Post

bloodline to me was a slow burn, even though I loved season 1. Season 2 I couldn't get into the first few episodes for some reason and never got to finish it. Was S2 of BL good?

Same here man, same here laugh.gif
Ravens, O's, Nuggets, Jazz
Reply
Ravens, O's, Nuggets, Jazz
Reply
post #57 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJYoung08 View Post

my random thoughts on how a season 2 could be about Tyler

photos he printed is his hit list... he removed alex cuz alex was the only dude who ever made an attempt and caring for him.

Tyler then records tapes on why he's about to each one of them... made the tapes very manipulative so he can get away w/ it / ensure they dont go to authorities... all the kids live in fear but cant say why.

waits till he can confirm the person listens to their tape and offs them

Offs himself after da last.

Moral of the story was everyone was so worried about hannah baker in season 1 when she was already dead. There was someone alive that could have been helped but they didn't and the process was repeated.
yeah i have a similar theory, everybody was focusing on controlling the tapes that they had a rapist, a rape victim, a bullied peeping tom/stalker, a abused teenager, and a lesbian walking the halls basically shell-shocked. Tyler definetly shooting something.
post #58 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by sckid20 View Post

is it better than bloodline.

would you recommend this show to somebody?

Nope.

Again, lifetime movies with the same subject matter and storylines were done better.

This show was a waste. Could've been an hr movie special and called it a day. Really not worth 13hrs
Ravens, O's, Nuggets, Jazz
Reply
Ravens, O's, Nuggets, Jazz
Reply
post #59 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by sckid20 View Post

is it better than bloodline.

would you recommend this show to somebody?

I would. Can't really compare it but I loved bloodline fwiw
post #60 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by hymen man View Post

bloodline to me was a slow burn, even though I loved season 1. Season 2 I couldn't get into the first few episodes for some reason and never got to finish it. Was S2 of BL good?

Only thing Bloodline was good for was putting me to sleep. Garbage *** show

And idk bout there being a season 2 to this like it can def happen but if they go the school shooter route it may be too dark & disturbing for most ppl. Tyler isnt nearly as likable as a character as Hannah was either...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › '13 Reasons Why' Thread (Original Netflix Series)