☘️ Boston Celtics Official 2023-2024 Regular Season Thread ☘️

Ime wasnt charged with any crimes so the NBA didnt step in. Even though its a celtics only suspension…other teams have to realize how bad it looks to hire this guy after everything and so soon. Guy came here, crapped where he ate and screwed everything up. Dude cant even atleast put out a PR statement as if hes working on himself?Seems like he doesnt care. Marcus smart and JB seem like they dont care either they just want their coach back.

Yeah it's a strange dynamic. I really wish they'd tell us what happened. Someone needs to leak it to TMZ :lol:

Where does everyone in here stand on the entire Ime saga?

Like what’s been said in here, I thought the “suspension” would have some weight but the fact that Ime could just leave and coach the other team without the Cs AT LEAST getting a draft pick in return defeats the purpose of the supposed suspension.

Like, do all this **** in the offseason next year. Looks mad convenient for the Nets, tbh.

With what Ime reportedly did, you'd get fired from any "normal job" on the spot. You wouldn't just get to move to a different department immediately with no repercussions.

While I know comparing NBA to the "real world" is generally pretty dumb, you'd think the league itself would care about something like this. Especially from a prominent, front-facing figure.

With what Ime reportedly did, you'd get fired from any "normal job" on the spot. You wouldn't just get to move to a different department immediately with no repercussions.

While I know comparing NBA to the "real world" is generally pretty dumb, you'd think the league itself would care about something like this. Especially from a prominent, front-facing figure.
Maybe there are sub-nba laws within each team. Maybe the nets organization is OK with the coach dating coworkers. They are OK with paying Kyrie for playing 29 games last year.

Game last night was great. The whole team was zipping the ball around, the Js both scored 30+ again.

Wish I could find the clip, on one play (probably in the 2nd half) felt like everyone touched the ball and it ended up in a touch pass to a wide open man right under the basket for a layup. :pimp:

Possible Tatum leak? From the JB thread.

DB3BB6BF-A86D-4E55-86E7-71C7148D9559.jpeg

On paper, it looks good. But man, I’m afraid of what that trade will do to the locker room. Ripped the heart and soul out of the team. Smart was the leader of this team.

Jays definitely OKd it. Not really sure why there would be some locker room issue.

Marcus has also had his share of injuries and definitely doesn’t look as athletic as he has in year’s past.

Derrick White also basically does everything better than him.

It’s definitely a bit of a gamble, but worth it, IMO.

Jays definitely OKd it. Not really sure why there would be some locker room issue.

i was going to ask if yall thought they were consulted about it

so i assume this means Brown stays despite the rumors/talk of him ending up elsewhere?

There’s no leader left. Smart was the only guy in the locker room who had enough cache to tell Tatum and Brown to stop hogging the ball. Also the only guy on the team who wasn’t afraid to mix it up.

This feels like the Perk trade all over again. We win the trade from a value point of view. Marcus for 2 picks and Porzingis is a haul. But it changes the team’s personality a bit.

Celtics aren’t done yet. Hopefully we still have the MLE to sign CP3. Or get Pat Bev on the minimum. Need a dawg in that locker room.

There’s no leader left. Smart was the only guy in the locker room who had enough cache to tell Tatum and Brown to stop hogging the ball. Also the only guy on the team who wasn’t afraid to mix it up.

This feels like the Perk trade all over again. We win the trade from a value point of view. Marcus for 2 picks and Porzingis is a haul. But it changes the team’s personality a bit.

Celtics aren’t done yet. Hopefully we still have the MLE to sign CP3. Or get Pat Bev on the minimum. Need a dawg in that locker room.
No. We dont want cp3

I guess the 2nd round picks Brad got will be used for a big move, otherwise, that’s A LOT OF late round picks just sitting.

Back
Top Bottom