🍎 OFFICIAL NEW YORK METS THREAD 🍎: @ Nationals 6/3-6/5

Thank you

I try my best to update whenever I can

Let me know if there is anything that needs to be changed

We are the best opening day team in the MLB history

Great win
Megill. Such impressive. Hitting 97-99 mph fastballs. Mixed with slider and changeup. Looks familiar?
12 hits. Loving it
Soto is too much. Hopefully he rejects extension down

3 HBPs :smh:

Agree with everything you said. Soto makes me drool as a player who I'd love to see with the Mets. He's so ****ing good man. :smh:

Robbie with the sneaky bunt. Is .280 too much to ask of him this year?

Megill looked like last year before his nosedive.

Plenty of hits. That's all I want to see this season.... RUN SUPPORT.

And wtf is this apple tv **** for tonight? :angry:

Speaking of hits, I know it's the only first game but it felt great seeing Mets hitting well with 2 outs & RISP. It's about time

Cano's bunt hit was good one! He hustled in the entire game as well

Yeah, not looking forward to watching the game on Apple TV

Last edited:
FP1aBJDX0BANi_j

FP2KG3MXoAYJiwv

LFGM

Welp, I'll miss the game tonight bc I'm not downloading the apple app. :lol:

Oh, and for the record, I thought Polar was safe at home and same for Marte at second.

Good aggression on the base paths.

I was so annoyed waiting for the postgame. on SNY It was like 11:30 and still no postgame. I tuned to mlb network and saw the game was in the 9th for the longest time yet they never put anything up saying it was a rain delay. :angry:

Nice win. Glad Lindor is alright. Didn't look intentional but Buck did the right thing.

Loving the way Buck brought every Met out of the dugout after the Lindor incident

Apparently Lindor loved it too bc that's all he kept saying afterwards, that he was really happy to see all of his boys out there supporting him.

Solid outing by Max. He seemed so amused with all the reporters and questions after the game. Welcome to NY baby. :lol:

RIP to Edwin's grandmother.

Nice W. Excellent outing by Bassitt. His very last pitch was filthy. Don't know much dude at all but I already like his mentality. He said he wasn't afraid to go after Ohtani or Trout in the past and had the same mindset facing Soto.

Another HBP but like the guys said, that was a change-up with no intention behind it.

Loved the bat flip by Pete. :lol:

Btw, for those that care, Thor had a heck of a 1st outing. 2 hits in 5.1

And the O's signed Harvey to a minor league deal despite a potential suspension coming.

LGM!

gettyimages-1390555578-2048x2048.jpg

Tough loss but I have a really good feeling about this year.

I love how Buck is juggling things to get everybody some burn. I think the players will appreciate it and I'm guessing more guys will stay engaged through the season bc of it.

I know people will think that philosophy cost the team the game today but I actually agreed w/Buck that it's too early in the season to start over-relying on guys in the pen.

Also not pinning this loss on Pete. Soft tossed it but it was such a bang-bang play that I'm not mad at him.

3 wins in 4 is great. Long season, let's move on.

I hoped we swept the Nationals. Not mad when Buck decided not to use best relievers. I'd do the same thing when our next series is against the Phillies

I'd be glad to take it for winning 3 out the 4-game series anytime

Happy to see Lindor hitting a homer in the opener weekend. It took him 15 games to hit his first homer last season

Our defense was a bit shaken up. I hope the cold weather was the reason for it

Look, I don't care if it's the Phillies or the Orioles... that's a bad loss.

Can't be up 4 with an inning to go and blow the game.

Still too early in the season to whine but that definitely brought back memories of "same ol Mets".

Anyway, let's wash that sour taste out and root for a W tonight.

So annoying

It states Trevor May has a fatigued arm. He pitched only two innings total

Diaz with the filth against Bryce in the 9th. :sick:

Starting pitching continues to be impressive for the Mets. Nice W.

Happy for Edwin to get his first save of this season after his grandfather passed away

Nimmo is so good. It’s nice to see Lindor running batted in an important situation

Megill continues to amaze

Another road series win

A good start!

Not mad when Buck used worst relievers after having a 7-run lead. I'd do the same thing

Max had a shaky start but finished with strong performance

Wish they didn't trade Castro for Joely. I am willing to give him one month chane

Lugo redeemed. His curves don't look effective :emoji_thinking:

Pete with the masher plus 2 doubles.

Marte fitting right in so far. They said he's taking the torch that Baez left behind and I have to agree with that.

3 more HBPs of Mets batters. Wtf!

Nimmo continues to be one of my favorites just based on his hustle alone.

Great start to the season. All Mets fans should be smiling tonight. :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom