🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava and 2025 Pink Racer🎾

The lwp's need to be retroed asap. I never understood why Nike used the "tennis sucks" slogan. I thought it was a stupid name to give it but the clothes were awesome. I'd like to see the skull and racquets hat retroed. I think you still have yours @SinnerP when you posted a pic once. This was one of the better t shirts as of recent that they have designed.
I think it was more of a "rebellious attitude" campaign.  The whole pirate thing was about as non-traditional tennis as it could get... I liked it at the time... something different and what you'd expect from Nike.  

14082472367_34e644eaf5.jpg

Also...

http://instagram.com/blazrola/

10958156_825510657510505_1601059183_n.jpg

Last edited:
I think the pirate theme was really just more of a coincidence. That was the first time that Andre shaved his head in his career and had the goatee so it all just kind of fit in. I guess it might have even been more pirate themed if he didn't cut the hair off but it was a great look.

The strips and the A I R logo in blue white and red, French open 2?

the perforated leather on the sides and toe box leads me to think its a custom 

My guess, its pixel court custom.

No way. The pinstripes are way too even, the back of the tongue is all white, the fabric on the heel and tongue appear to be smooth (or at least smoother than the Pixels), and the outsole is all white. Add that to the fact that we've already seen samples with black pinstripes, and I'd guess these are legit.

Peace,
J

No way. The pinstripes are way too even, the back of the tongue is all white, the fabric on the heel and tongue appear to be smooth (or at least smoother than the Pixels), and the outsole is all white. Add that to the fact that we've already seen samples with black pinstripes, and I'd guess these are legit.

Peace,
J
My second guess was poised green 

Peace,
J

Peace,
J
yea your right  i didn't notice the fabric is a lot smoother than pixels, my other guess was poison green and people can do crazy things with customs but yea your right i forgot about the black and white sample.

just doesn't look like Grand slam material, then again doesn't have to b

My second guess was poised green 

yea your right  i didn't notice the fabric is a lot smoother than pixels, my other guess was poison green and people can do crazy things with customs but yea your right i forgot about the black and white sample.

just doesn't look like Grand slam material, then again doesn't have to b

That's what I was about to say. Doesn't necessarily have to be another "Grand Slam" pack, there's just way too many little things on these that a customizer would have to get 10000% perfect for it to not show through. If these DO turn out to be customs, kudos to that guy haha.

Peace,
J

I still don't understand how Nike didnt retro the lwp's when this was his 20th Anniversary of beating Sampras at the Australian Open. It would have been perfect timing. But I definitely want these pinstripes ATC II's.

I still don't understand how Nike didnt retro the lwp's when this was his 20th Anniversary of beating Sampras at the Australian Open. It would have been perfect timing. But I definitely want these pinstripes ATC II's.
Exactly... a "French-themed" ATC2 with design-elements from a shirt he wore in 1995, in which he had a more successful Slam that year (being the Aussie Open) just doesn't make sense.  OG LWP would have been perfect... I dunno... Oh well. 

Back
Top Bottom