🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava and 2025 Pink Racer🎾

Certainly don't disagree with you there. I rarely buy Nikes these days for that reason (but I've yet to have this happen). Come to think of it, the last 4 pairs I've bought have all been ATCIIs. I'm happy with the quality on the Wimbledon Is and FOs, but the Lavas, well, you read it...

The quality on the Wimbledon 1s and FOs is :smokin

In fact, the Wimbledon 1s and US Open's are the very best quality wise. The lucky ones have those.

I'm just partial to bright greens but those Poisons look like they could have been an OG since it's nearly the same color blocking as the Lava. For those reasons alone Poison > Rest for me.
Yep, OG blocking is a huge selling point for me.  The Kumquats were close, but the off-white and blue just didn't work for me. 

12478497904_48a01e6ae6.jpg

12496385045_70115d5b04.jpg

12496865244_fca4f23f03.jpg

12496385455_22118b5a87.jpg

I hope the PGs don't go all eggshell on me. Anybody else have that problem with their Lavas? My DS pair is pure white, yet the pair I wear every now and then is noticeably off-white, and they've never been dirty. They're almost like the color on the Kumquats. I don't know if it's oxidation or what, but it's disappointing.
Funny that you mentioned this.  I wore my Lavas yesterday and noticed the same issue.  The leather upper definitely appeared off-white compared to the sole and tongue.  

Wimbledons arrived yesterday as well.  Very happy with the purchase.  Now just need the next USOs to complete my non-calendar year GS collection.

...Anybody else have that problem with their Lavas? My DS pair is pure white, yet the pair I wear every now and then is noticeably off-white, and they've never been dirty. They're almost like the color on the Kumquats. I don't know if it's oxidation or what, but it's disappointing.

Good spot. Noticed white difference taking pics in certain light condition but never beat 14lavas. difference bw midsole and "leather" whiteness. Some spray shoecare is about UV protection.
Both of my retro 2008 lava pairs leather is still really white appart from wear/clean/midsole.
They didnt get the hype back then, sat in outlets untill 2010 when I got a 2nd pair.
Re-retroed early 2014 doubled up on them asap but so disapointed openin the box. they're just sad. imo 2008 lavas are best in terms of colours. The shape of the toebox may be less "sharp" and the perforations too tiny. but above all so called "Hot Lava" color went like a dull rotten tomato. The shiny 14 tongues&splatters match the sheme for me. While this tongue is ok on clays. Never heard splatter misalignement on 08/14 lava models. Then early yellowing on 14s now?...
14 lavas don't have that 08 as my OG 90's taste and are material for customz to me, project ahead.
If you can put a hand on one of them maybe you understand. perfect 12 sittin on the dock of the e-bay btw.
View media item 1049572View media item 1051138

Last edited:
After seeing this group shot, am I the only one who wouldn't mind seeing a WT ATC II GS?

The AO and Wims would fit nice in terms of color blocking, then throw the pink lava stripes from the FO and BANG! Killed!

Back
Top Bottom