2024 NBA Draft Thread - the hawks might be on the clock

The hype Suggs got last year was mind-boggling. A "Suggs is the best prospect in America" hive spawned after like 2 weeks of CBB. I don't even dislike the kid...but the gassing just really rubbed me the wrong way.

I got so ****ing sick of hearing about his "intangibles" and his "football qualities" :lol:

Coaches want their PG to be a floor general and have those leadership qualities. So not mad on the intangibles talk for Suggs. It’s still only 2 weeks into his NBA debut, not writing him off.

Point guards take a while to adjust.

Suggs is going to be a nice combo guard for a playoff team, who can moonlight as a point

Pair him with a more traditional point guard and let him be a fvv/clarkson type player

Coaches want their PG to be a floor general and have those leadership qualities. So not mad on the intangibles talk for Suggs. It’s still only 2 weeks into his NBA debut, not writing him off.

Point guards take a while to adjust.
I think he can be solid but just like VARNELL HILL VARNELL HILL said his best qualities being talked about were his leadership, being a “winner” and toughness from playing football…None of the stuff that actually makes you a top NBA PG on the court , and yo still went top 5 :lol: :smh: …He doesn’t have the skill set (yet) to be the guy Orlando needs him to be based on draft position and the situation he went to

I’d rather he be one of the best dribblers/shooters/passers/quickness or athleticism cats standing at 6’3 in the draft instead of the things he was hyped up about

Last edited:
The hype Suggs got last year was mind-boggling. A "Suggs is the best prospect in America" hive spawned after like 2 weeks of CBB. I don't even dislike the kid...but the gassing just really rubbed me the wrong way.

I got so ****ing sick of hearing about his "intangibles" and his "football qualities" :lol:
J was broke all year too

Malik Pope sighting. :wow:

it's wild to me that fanbo zeng is 6'11 and only 199lbs. this gotta be his pre-pandemic weight or some ****...

unless he got breaded out to play for the ign, i think he should've gone to college. if he's still <200lbs, older dudes in the G-league like Amir gonna body him out the paint

Julius was a bully ball guy at UK - didn’t shoot the 3 at all really (he’s evolved more than I even thought).

Like the modern CWebb reference

Super impressed with Banchero but ultimate upside likely limited. If C-Webb wasn't an all time passer, maybe.

Wherever people have Mark Williams, it's still probably too low. Don't care if all he can do is rim run, be a lob threat and protect the rim - he's elite at those things.

I think people will be disappointed in Duren. I won't be surprised if consensus on him drops down to a mid-1st round caliber of guy. He's not Bam (and that's where Bam went)

And Bates for sure ain't it (relative to the hype).

Back
Top Bottom