Accounting/Finance majors: It's recruiting season

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Originally Posted by bwrestler15

Good luck to all of you in the interview process! I'm a freshman finance major. I am looking into switching to a double major with finance and accounting. What do all of you think? Will it be worth my time and effort? Also, could you give any pointers or advice that helped you make it or made an impact on giving you the edge over other people with the same degrees as you.
Yea transfer to an Ivy league school with a top 10 rated undergrad program.

Lol. Only 2 Ivy League schools even offer Finance programs. Economics >>>>>>>>

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Originally Posted by bwrestler15

Good luck to all of you in the interview process! I'm a freshman finance major. I am looking into switching to a double major with finance and accounting. What do all of you think? Will it be worth my time and effort? Also, could you give any pointers or advice that helped you make it or made an impact on giving you the edge over other people with the same degrees as you.
Yea transfer to an Ivy league school with a top 10 rated undergrad program.

Lol. Only 2 Ivy League schools even offer Finance programs. Economics >>>>>>>>
lol and if you are a fantastic student at an ivy league school banks/consulting firms don't care what you major in.

Hank- Did you major in econ? Or have some insight into why you believe econ is better. I am a college student and i do not know what to do. I like econ and finance. Why would you choose econ over finance.
Thanks
smile.gif

It's a bloodbath out there for investment banks and finance in general. Consulting firms are expanding, so it should be a bit more opportunities there for full-time and summer analyst positions.

Investment Banking is going to get hit, and positions in Sales & Trading are pretty much dead. Good-luck to anybody applying for the Front Office/anything client facing.

I don't know anything about the Big 4 accounting firms though, I don't believe they came to my school.
Originally Posted by SoCalKid

Hank- Did you major in econ? Or have some insight into why you believe econ is better. I am a college student and i do not know what to do. I like econ and finance. Why would you choose econ over finance.
Thanks
smile.gif

Finance is an extremely specialized major, and 95% of what you learn in those 4 years will be taught to you in the first few months of any finance job. Economics is much more broad and gives you a much bigger variety of things to do with it. You can choose to stay in academia, go into business, law, anything. It's also one of, if not the most quantitative major outside of engineering/math/physics. Everybody loves people that are good with numbers.Also, you can take finance classes that are under the economics umbrella. Most top tier schools don't offer an undergraduate program in business, finance, or anything like that.

Back
Top Bottom