Anyone have any experience taking out a personal loan???

I'm looking into getting a personal loan for about 4k-5k. Anyone have any experience with these? So far I've looked into Citibank & Bank of America, both of which have OK interest rates. My credit is pretty good w/ a steady income so I'm not expecting interest to be crazy high. If any of you guys have any recommendations or insight on banks, credit unions, etc. please lmk, thanks! 

I'm looking into getting a personal loan for about 4k-5k. Anyone have any experience with these? So far I've looked into Citibank & Bank of America, both of which have OK interest rates. My credit is pretty good w/ a steady income so I'm not expecting interest to be crazy high. If any of you guys have any recommendations or insight on banks, credit unions, etc. please lmk, thanks! 

Originally Posted by SkyyPilot

Ya, don't do it.  If you really need that much money, just pick up a second job delivering pizzas or something else like that.  It's going to end up costing you an extra $1-2k in interest alone by the time you're done with it.

Originally Posted by SkyyPilot

Ya, don't do it.  If you really need that much money, just pick up a second job delivering pizzas or something else like that.  It's going to end up costing you an extra $1-2k in interest alone by the time you're done with it.

i would say, number one, dont do it unless youre desperate. might i ask what its for?

number two, if you are gonna go for it, credit union.

i would say, number one, dont do it unless youre desperate. might i ask what its for?

number two, if you are gonna go for it, credit union.

I got a personal line of credit at a credit union. It was for 4500. It was at 4% for 3 years or so and then with all this madness it has randomly jumped to 20%. It is good because unlike a loan it is just a pure line of credit, so if you ever need cash for an emergency it is there.

I got a personal line of credit at a credit union. It was for 4500. It was at 4% for 3 years or so and then with all this madness it has randomly jumped to 20%. It is good because unlike a loan it is just a pure line of credit, so if you ever need cash for an emergency it is there.

Back
Top Bottom