Are Jae Millz,TYGA,,twist etc. better off without YM Vol. currensy just bought a Ferrari

Curren$y would have Jae Millz/Gudda Gudda status if he stayed with YM.

When he left YM, that's when he switched his rap style up. That style switch up is what made him who he is now.

If you think he'd be where he is now as Lil' Wayne's hanger-on, then you simply don't understand the ambitious mind.

Seriously though try to *%!# on Currensy copping an old Ferrari but dude got it himself. No advance money that he has to pay back, it's not leased or rented, and he is not making payments on it.

How many rappers you know doing that. Going solo was an excellent move for him cause dude carved his own lane.

Does he have as many listeners as he did when he was with YM, probably not. But dude has a strong fanbase of dedicated and diverse fans, that he created himself.

My hat always goes off to Spitta because of this. And you talking about loyalty, couple years ago dude said he would not sign a deal at a major if The Jets couldn't get on.

Originally Posted by Be Easy

The bottom line is Millz should have signed with any NY dude back when he was buzzing with those Harlem Nights mixtapes 
Whether it be Fat Joe, Jada, etc. Millz is a battle cat, I still don't get how he fits in with YM

fixed 

DipsetGeneral wrote:
s0leFUNK wrote:
DipsetGeneral wrote:
Think how different Spitta's subject matter would be wit' YM. I don't think he'd be on his "modern-day hippie" stuff n' would be rappin' bout' girls, and money.

Overall Curren$y would have a better career wit' YM, but I appreciate his solo venture...

How so? 

Had he'd stayed he would have: Wayne's allowance, 2-3 solo mixtapes, a single, maybe an album..  And thats after 7 years with YM.. (not even mentioning how he'd be competing with Drake, Minaj, and the other back field dudes)

Compare that to what he's doing now (actually dropping albums, headlining tours, complete creative control, etc..) and it looks like going independent was by far the better move.

Dont let Wayne's money and the recent success of a fraction of the roster overshadow the reality while he was with them and what most likely would have happened had he stayed.

Getting your own > Eating off another man

Headlining tours?? Yeah, but at hole in the wall venues.

Jae Millz has had more shine on t elevision/radio than Curren$y so far. Because he's YM. 

Those Curren$yalbums are pretty much EP's/mixtapes if you really think about it. Kinda like how Wiz did his "Deal or No Deal" album. Not a major release album.

...so who do you consider more successful; which has established themselves more as an artist:  Jae Millz or Curren$y?

You dont have to be mainstream to release albums.  Your distribution has no impact on the product.  They are LP's unless stated otherwise.  "This Aint No Mixtape" is a mixtape, huh?
laugh.gif

Your deal is no indication of success, its how well you capitalize off your situation that defines your success.  Just because you on TV means you'll stay relevant forever, especially if you arent doing anything to be remembered..

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Ninjahood I can't believe you think Fat Joe is a great person to sign under.
you tell me that everyone under fat joe didn't have a LEGITIMATE shot to do w/e they wanted in hiphop.....

Alchemist, one of da most elite producers in da game today did one of his FIRST beats on da east coast with guess who....

and fat joe knows EVERYONE....everybody knows politics is just as important as talent...jae millz goin to terror squad would've been like amare going to da

knicks or lebron goin to da cavs...he would've been da showcased STAR and starting just like fat joe put big pun on and HE took a back seat..but i guess he's good just sittin on a bench

Originally Posted by Yoppa Guevara

Joe always surrounded himself what's poppin
joe created what was poppin around him, that interned paid back dividends once his cats started getting a higher profile in da game...

Originally Posted by Be Easy

Whether it be Fat Joe, Jada, etc. Millz is a street cat, I still don't get how he fits in with YM
He fits in because he's the street cat; Baby and Wayne have made it clear they want one of every "type" of rapper on their label for diversification of markets. Why else would they sign Jean Sean, Kevin Rudolf and and Gudda Gudda to one label?

Back
Top Bottom