Best HD service?

The fam is about to move to a new place in a week and a half and we wanna start it off right: with the best TV set up.

We got the HD TV, but whats the best service to get those HD channels? They new place is in the GTA, if that matters.

If anyone else has any suggestions, let me know.

I have expressvu and its pretty decent, but its sat, so when there are T-Storms, the signal goes. As far as I know, BEV has the most HD channels, but thischanges. Just get whatever is cheapest. They're all very very similar.

Have had no problems with Rogers since I've been with them plus they offer free HDTV Box for 6 months or 1 year depending on who you speak.

I've got Cogeco, they gave me 2 HD DVRs for a year for free and TMN for half price

Whoever you go with make sure you talk to representative to get as much as you can for free

Originally Posted by frankbink5

I've got Cogeco, they gave me 2 HD DVRs for a year for free and TMN for half price

Whoever you go with make sure you talk to representative to get as much as you can for free
Yup.

If you're into doing it on your own you can get it with an Antenna (I'm not referring to FTA). Just like the old bunny ears back in the day, thosebarbeque grill lookin' Antennas are comin back. Since the States and Canada are switching to Digital, there are Digital and HD channels being broadcast forfree over the air. As far as I know you just need the antenna and a capable TV (Basically any modern one). I've only read about it in passing, but I knowyou can get up to 20 something channels (10 originating in Canada, the other 10 probably from the States). I dunno about it so do your reading though lol.

I still don't have HD myself....I heard FTA HD boxes are expensive as hell too.

Originally Posted by nkwu11

Yup.

If you're into doing it on your own you can get it with an Antenna (I'm not referring to FTA). Just like the old bunny ears back in the day, those barbeque grill lookin' Antennas are comin back. Since the States and Canada are switching to Digital, there are Digital and HD channels being broadcast for free over the air. As far as I know you just need the antenna and a capable TV (Basically any modern one). I've only read about it in passing, but I know you can get up to 20 something channels (10 originating in Canada, the other 10 probably from the States). I dunno about it so do your reading though lol.

Correct nkwu, it's called OTA (Over the Air). HD antennas have higher gain than normal antennas, so look for the special HD ones. Depends where you are aswell, for example here in Ottawa I get a lot of French stations/Upper NY (Ogdensburg and Syracuse) as well as the usual Ottawa stations (CBC and all that.)I'm sure in Toronto you could get some good stations. By the way, how much is everyone paying for HD cable with Rogers/Cogeco? I'

Originally Posted by nkwu11

Yup.

If you're into doing it on your own you can get it with an Antenna (I'm not referring to FTA). Just like the old bunny ears back in the day, those barbeque grill lookin' Antennas are comin back. Since the States and Canada are switching to Digital, there are Digital and HD channels being broadcast for free over the air. As far as I know you just need the antenna and a capable TV (Basically any modern one). I've only read about it in passing, but I know you can get up to 20 something channels (10 originating in Canada, the other 10 probably from the States). I dunno about it so do your reading though lol.

FTA HD boxes are actually cheaper than both cable and "regular" satellite boxes. You can actually get good ones for $320-$380.

Back
Top Bottom