Black Culture Discussion Thread

My moms ALWAYS warned me about the company I kept and vetted my homeboys. Damn near my whole hood, all the males have criminal records and did prison or jail time.

My moms ain’t really have to worry though because I ain’t hang with riff raff. I basically was a lone wolf and did s*** by myself. I never liked having a lot of people around me anyway

On my pops side alone, majority of them cats habitual.

I’m probably the only male in my family who has no criminal record. Never been to prison or jail, I never even had a speeding ticket.

If your mom or dad ain’t hands on, I feel sorry for you. I mostly ran dolo or surrounded myself with certain type of dudes but being a crash dummy is REAL!!

A lot of these dudes followers and go on “missions” because their easily influenced. That mom did the right thing. I’m sure she didn’t mind him protesting but looting and throwing rocks (if he did) she wasn’t having it

I get his point but I also get their mother's rage since she probably felt she was saving her son's life at THAT moment.

Frat needs to chill. Momma was doing any and everything to stop her son from being like anyone of the other criminals that were out there that day. Since the father is most likely is not around Momma had to step up and smack some sense into him. Spar the rod….spoil the child.

There's a whole lotta context behind that video, and they are 3-dimensional people. I haven't checked up on them in a bit but the mom seemed cool and decent and wasn't exactly proud of that video but more of a "it was something I had to do" situation. Unless I'm misremembering her situation, she was working multiple jobs, one of them as a nurse or otherwise in a similar role in healthcare. She'd gotten home from work and told him not to be out there, and so she went out there and 'got him'. But I think she has a couple other kids who listened, or maybe that's the part I can't recall.

Anyway, local hospital (Johns Hopkins) extended her an offer I believe, and she took it, but then something about the situation fell through, I can't remember. I just remember it was a negative toward them. Maybe it was an offer to him. Anyway, he seemed decent as a kid too, he'd just done the wrong thing that specific day.

If anybody cares enough to research it and see what the current situation is, I'd love to see it. Hope they're doing well.

Didn't phase me a bit because I caught them hands from my mom all the time just for being a dumb kid. We all (meaning the people I grew up with) did. Usually behind closed doors though, but you knew you'd fcked up from the glare and the tone long before you felt the belt or the hand.

Anyway, I wouldn't have caught the hands in that situation though, because people protesting against injustice, nay, ****ing GENOCIDE are not the problem. The people committing it and supporting it are.

(and yes, for the unaware, this video is from like 2015)

Edit: https://www.wbaltv.com/article/mom-seen-disciplining-son-freddie-gray-riots-5-year-update/32288899

Last edited:

I get his point but I also get their mother's rage since she probably felt she was saving her son's life at THAT moment.

As a parent who is actively going through the process of setting expectations, watching them not get met, and struggling with finding the correct way to redirect my child, this ******* implying expectations weren't set can eat several bags of dicks.

Stop assuming you got it figured out based on a 30 second ****ing clip.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom