CUSTOM SILVER ANNIVERSARY 11's

Even though this topic is really for the 11s I would like to show my results for my olympic 6s. Overall I'm happy with them they came out a little dark though. The first picture was with flash the second one was without flash.

i2r71f.jpg

261ztj4.jpg

I want to try and make my carmines sole red, Olympics red, and grapes purple maybe. but I don't want to do a bad job

I want to try and make my carmines sole red, Olympics red, and grapes purple maybe. but I don't want to do a bad job
Honestly man just take your time when your dying them if you rush anything it's gonna come out looking horrible. Just some advice tape off any part of the shoe were you feel dye will ruin.

Thanks guys. It's funny how people said I originally ruined my Concords when I first posted pics in the restoration thread with my crappy old camera
grin.gif
 Anywho, no the dye doesnt fade. Trust me, I put it to the test by scrubbing the hell out of the soles on the Concords multiple times with a SOS pad and even using straight bleach the excess dye. It's permanent if done right.

This is what you want to do
1.) Mix a small 1/2 cup of 2/3 sea glow and 1/3 powder dye.
2.) Mix it together really well. The dye should dissolve into the sea glow (I usually make mines a little lumpy to get a deeper tint)
3.) Take a paint brush and carefully paint the soles. If it bleeds onto the midsole, then quickly wipe it away with a wet rag that has soap on it)
4.) Let sit for 5-10 minutes
5.) Whatever is not dissolved into the soles, just wipe away.

voila! blue tinted soles. I will be making a video tutorial sometime soon. no more yellowing
pimp.gif
 I wore my Concords several times and theyve held up perfect. Ive also worn my anniversary XIs 1 time and they havent turned the slightest bit yellow. In fact, the sole is comparable to my Bred XIs

he did the same thing but with foams 

So I wanna do my 2011 concords just like the originals with the milky blue sole throughout. Any suggestions? Im thinking a mix of seaglow, white, and blue rite dye.

omg i want anniversarys and columbias so bad (and i much prefer black based shoes)

decided to tint my DS pair of 03 zen grey 11s this past sunday since they were a little bit yellow, i sea glowed them first to get them as clear as possible and then tinted them. Looks like 95 concord blue tint to me

let me know what you guys think
smile.gif

also did my 2010 cool greys because they were starting to get yellow

I think that those arent the zens. The zens were the all white lows, not those monstrosity 11

Does anyone know how to go about tinting/dyeing the netting on 5s? Would white dye work to prevent yellowing?

Can't wait to try this on my 2011 Concords and 2010 Cool Greys. Glad I found this thread again.

All I could find at Wal Mart was the liquid Rit dye and another brand of powder dye, "Tulip". I bought both and mixed them with water - the soles look slightly blue but def not as good as the OP's results.

I will probably order some powder Rit dye and try that next.

Has anyone found a why to make yellow patient leather back white like how a lot of Columbia's look

Has anyone found a why to make yellow patient leather back white like how a lot of Columbia's look
it is easy, there are videos on how to make custom XIs and even change the PL, you have to spray on an adhesive to the PL then spray on the paint (a certain melatin paitn or something like that) then spray the glossy sealer on it. the thing is it takes multiple coats and a few hours or more so it takes patience.

it is easy, there are videos on how to make custom XIs and even change the PL, you have to spray on an adhesive to the PL then spray on the paint (a certain melatin paitn or something like that) then spray the glossy sealer on it. the thing is it takes multiple coats and a few hours or more so it takes patience.

Thanks

Just curious if anyone tryed to do this with any other color beside blue... Red green purple?

Just curious if anyone tryed to do this with any other color beside blue... Red green purple?
i did it with black on my 09 jams when they yellowed to try to make them look smoked but it turned them gold lmao good thing i got them for $40

Oooo haha no doubt... I got the ls 11 low top jordans n it's got like the clear green on bottom n was thinking other colors in other shoes wood look good

Back
Top Bottom