Dalai Lama Insight Appreciation Vol. Positive Vibes

Just trying to share some positive vibes with the NT fam.
Here are some notable things I came accross while reading "Ethics For The New Millennium." -Dalai Lama

"There is often a big gap between outward appearance and inner reality."

"What I suppose is a spiritual revolution."

"Where ethical restraint is lacking, there can be no hope of overcoming problems like those of rising crime."

"Religion can help us establish basic ethical principles. Yet we can still talk about ethics and morality without having recourse to religion."

"But here let me say that no one should suppose it could ever be possible to devise a set of rules or laws to provide us with the answer to every ethical dilemma, even if we were to accept religion as the basis of morality."

"We find that the more we succeed in transforming our hearts and minds through cultivating spiritual qualities, the better we will be to cope with adversity and the greater the likelihood that our actions will be ethically wholesome."

"The human capacity for experiencing deeper levels of happiness also explains why such things as music and the arts offer greater degree of happiness and satisfaction than merely acquiring material objects."

"So far as actual possessions are concerned, for example, we must admit that often they cause us more, not less, difficulties in life."

"Altrusim is an essential component of those actions which lead to genuine happiness."

"In most cases of hopelessness and despair, we find thatit is the individuals perception of their situation rather then its reality which is the issue."

"If we truly desire to be happy, there is no other way to proceed but by way of virture: it is the method by which happiness is achieved."

"The more we truly desire to beneifit others, the greater the strength and confidence we develop and the greater the peace and happiness we experience."

"There is nothing amazing about being highly educated; there is nothing amazing about being rich. Only when the individual has a warm heart do these attributes become worthwhile."

"The very experience which ordinarily we suppose to be pleasurable turn out themselves to be a source of suffering."

"Karma is a sanskit word meaning "action." It denotes an active force, the inference being that the outcome of future events can be influenced by our actions."

"It is also worth remembering that the time of greatest pain in terms of wisdom and inner stength if often that of greatest difficulty. With the right approach and here we see once more the supreme importance of developing a positive attitude- the experience of suffering can open our eyes to reality."

Just trying to share some positive vibes with the NT fam.
Here are some notable things I came accross while reading "Ethics For The New Millennium." -Dalai Lama

"There is often a big gap between outward appearance and inner reality."

"What I suppose is a spiritual revolution."

"Where ethical restraint is lacking, there can be no hope of overcoming problems like those of rising crime."

"Religion can help us establish basic ethical principles. Yet we can still talk about ethics and morality without having recourse to religion."

"But here let me say that no one should suppose it could ever be possible to devise a set of rules or laws to provide us with the answer to every ethical dilemma, even if we were to accept religion as the basis of morality."

"We find that the more we succeed in transforming our hearts and minds through cultivating spiritual qualities, the better we will be to cope with adversity and the greater the likelihood that our actions will be ethically wholesome."

"The human capacity for experiencing deeper levels of happiness also explains why such things as music and the arts offer greater degree of happiness and satisfaction than merely acquiring material objects."

"So far as actual possessions are concerned, for example, we must admit that often they cause us more, not less, difficulties in life."

"Altrusim is an essential component of those actions which lead to genuine happiness."

"In most cases of hopelessness and despair, we find thatit is the individuals perception of their situation rather then its reality which is the issue."

"If we truly desire to be happy, there is no other way to proceed but by way of virture: it is the method by which happiness is achieved."

"The more we truly desire to beneifit others, the greater the strength and confidence we develop and the greater the peace and happiness we experience."

"There is nothing amazing about being highly educated; there is nothing amazing about being rich. Only when the individual has a warm heart do these attributes become worthwhile."

"The very experience which ordinarily we suppose to be pleasurable turn out themselves to be a source of suffering."

"Karma is a sanskit word meaning "action." It denotes an active force, the inference being that the outcome of future events can be influenced by our actions."

"It is also worth remembering that the time of greatest pain in terms of wisdom and inner stength if often that of greatest difficulty. With the right approach and here we see once more the supreme importance of developing a positive attitude- the experience of suffering can open our eyes to reality."

Hmm I can honestly say I live my life with a many of these principles.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Hmm I can honestly say I live my life with a many of these principles.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Heard him speak at my school in the fall....

God damnnnn I could not hear a single work he said, he was so quiet and hard to hear even through the amplification

God damnnnn I could not hear a single work he said, he was so quiet and hard to hear even through the amplification

Originally Posted by snakeyes17

eek.gif
 I wish I could hear this guy speak live.
pimp.gif
 Sucks you couldnt hear tho.

What school was this at?

Originally Posted by snakeyes17

eek.gif
 I wish I could hear this guy speak live.
pimp.gif
 Sucks you couldnt hear tho.

What school was this at?

Back
Top Bottom