Dewey Bozella: a truly inspiring story vol. Hurricane Carter v2

Yea this was very touching. Like I said in the ESPY's thread, I respect dude for not giving in. It is easy to admit to something when you can get freedom from it, but it takes integrity to stand there and tell the truth. I do wonder how often he thinks about his initial decision.

Yea this was very touching. Like I said in the ESPY's thread, I respect dude for not giving in. It is easy to admit to something when you can get freedom from it, but it takes integrity to stand there and tell the truth. I do wonder how often he thinks about his initial decision.

I admire how he is not angry or bitter about the situation. This story upsets me more than anything. I would be ready to go back to prison for seeking revenge on the prosecutors who put me there. There is no amount of money that could make up for the amount of time he spent behind bars. On top of that, the sad thing is the crooked prosecutors in this case are able to go about their daily lives with no repercussions for their unjust actions. Until the people higher up are held accountable for their actions as well, you'll continue to have cases like this. 

I admire how he is not angry or bitter about the situation. This story upsets me more than anything. I would be ready to go back to prison for seeking revenge on the prosecutors who put me there. There is no amount of money that could make up for the amount of time he spent behind bars. On top of that, the sad thing is the crooked prosecutors in this case are able to go about their daily lives with no repercussions for their unjust actions. Until the people higher up are held accountable for their actions as well, you'll continue to have cases like this. 

I can't imagine ever spending a day in prison for a crime I didn't commit. It takes a strong man to be imprisoned for 30 years and not have any animosity once he is released. I respect him and his wife. That's the type of woman you want to marry when it's all said and done.

I can't imagine ever spending a day in prison for a crime I didn't commit. It takes a strong man to be imprisoned for 30 years and not have any animosity once he is released. I respect him and his wife. That's the type of woman you want to marry when it's all said and done.

Originally Posted by letsgetit22

This is the craziest thing about his whole story. He said in his interview when he got released something along the lines of "I don't want to seek damages against those who did me wrong because I won't be able to move on." That's unbelievable to me. Put aside the fact he saw his mother murdered and his brother was stabbed to death. This guy has every right to be pissed off at the world but is instead turning all the negativity in his life into something positive. Someone better pay for this guy's gym.

Reminds of Cutty from the Wire in a way. Except we all know Cutty was no innocent man
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by letsgetit22

This is the craziest thing about his whole story. He said in his interview when he got released something along the lines of "I don't want to seek damages against those who did me wrong because I won't be able to move on." That's unbelievable to me. Put aside the fact he saw his mother murdered and his brother was stabbed to death. This guy has every right to be pissed off at the world but is instead turning all the negativity in his life into something positive. Someone better pay for this guy's gym.

Reminds of Cutty from the Wire in a way. Except we all know Cutty was no innocent man
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom