Driving With No Insurance.. Worth The Risk?

Originally Posted by INFRAREDx37

Originally Posted by scshift

For real!

I was looking at how much it would cost me to insure a 2011 Nissan GTR at age 17, the minimum price for Geico was $4000, A MONTH
sick.gif
sick.gif
I'm pretty sure, and hope you meant to say $400
Nope, for a 17 year old as a first car (with good grade and clean record discounts), it came out to be around $3985 a month. This was just a quote, but still
eek.gif

Originally Posted by INFRAREDx37

Originally Posted by scshift

For real!

I was looking at how much it would cost me to insure a 2011 Nissan GTR at age 17, the minimum price for Geico was $4000, A MONTH
sick.gif
sick.gif
I'm pretty sure, and hope you meant to say $400
Nope, for a 17 year old as a first car (with good grade and clean record discounts), it came out to be around $3985 a month. This was just a quote, but still
eek.gif

^^^ That sounds about right alot of factors going into that decision but the main is that it is a $100,000 car (brand new) and if you wrap it around a tree well you do the math...

^^^ That sounds about right alot of factors going into that decision but the main is that it is a $100,000 car (brand new) and if you wrap it around a tree well you do the math...

Yeah true, but $48,000 a year? You could buy a BMW with that money.

Heck 2 years and you could buy a new Nissan GTR...

Yeah true, but $48,000 a year? You could buy a BMW with that money.

Heck 2 years and you could buy a new Nissan GTR...

^^^ Yea but you couldn't insure it lol - luxury cars are not meant for the young driver unless you have lots of money there is a reason everyone doesn't own a Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, Audi, Jaguar or Volvo

^^^ Yea but you couldn't insure it lol - luxury cars are not meant for the young driver unless you have lots of money there is a reason everyone doesn't own a Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, Audi, Jaguar or Volvo

I mean that's the problem - you have a *%$+!#% sports car and you're 18 years old, AND you don't even have your damn license. Get the %%%# out of here. I got into so many accidents, and got so many speeding tickets when I was young and drove a Camaro, that the cost to insure me was $8,000 per year for liability only. I had to switch to some no name insurance company and get liability only, such that if I totaled my car I was $!+% out of luck. But I never drove without insurance. I sucked it up and paid $2500 a year for 3 years until my driving record cleaned up.

With that now years and years behind me, I pay $117 a month to insure 2 cars for 2 drivers.

Honestly, I don't understand how people here are arguing against having insurance.

What the hell are you doing with a g35 @ age 18 with no license anyway?

I mean that's the problem - you have a *%$+!#% sports car and you're 18 years old, AND you don't even have your damn license. Get the %%%# out of here. I got into so many accidents, and got so many speeding tickets when I was young and drove a Camaro, that the cost to insure me was $8,000 per year for liability only. I had to switch to some no name insurance company and get liability only, such that if I totaled my car I was $!+% out of luck. But I never drove without insurance. I sucked it up and paid $2500 a year for 3 years until my driving record cleaned up.

With that now years and years behind me, I pay $117 a month to insure 2 cars for 2 drivers.

Honestly, I don't understand how people here are arguing against having insurance.

Originally Posted by eaalto

man you get caught in md without insurance you might as well buy a new whip

even when i had papers i needed insurance

man you get caught in md without insurance you might as well buy a new whip

even when i had papers i needed insurance

Originally Posted by HARM

Sorry, I had a rough day on the golf course.

Originally Posted by HARM

Sorry, I had a rough day on the golf course.

Back
Top Bottom