Ebay Buyer Protection Fraud

I am starting this thread to gather members here on NT that have fell victim to Ebay's Buyer Protection Policy. I am seeking litigation and want everyone to join in on this case. I am looking for sellers that have been scammed by BUYERS.  Everyone knows the loophole in the system, the SELLER always loses and eBay doesn't really do any investigation on whether products are authentic or not.

Last edited:
I have sold quite a few shoes on eBay and have never had this happen. Hope I never do.

a year ago a Buyer edwinperez09 from NYC bought some Jordan 11 from me on ebay. I had much higher feedback than this douche. Hours within payment and after I texted him tracking number he blatantly accused the shoes of being fake. He received them claimed that they were fake and filed a "item not as described " claim. ebay sided with him and they charged me back the money and they didn't even require him to send them back to me. I had a score of 73 with 100% rating. I lost shoes and money from this turd. haven't been able to contact him thru ebay. I filed a complaint thru ic3.gov and haven't heard nothing from them.

I've been hit from sellers who never sent the product after getting payment. eBay has been put on blast years ago about fraud and there has to be millions, if not a billion or two, in unaccounted for goods and money. There has to be a class action suit in eBay's future like Blockbuster had back in the day. eBay wouldn't refund money or even provide protection for the most part for buyers not too long ago. All they did is just go to the opposite end of the spectrum and scammers just went to bidder/buyer side to run game now.

Last edited:
a year ago a Buyer edwinperez09 from NYC bought some Jordan 11 from me on ebay. I had much higher feedback than this douche. Hours within payment and after I texted him tracking number he blatantly accused the shoes of being fake. He received them claimed that they were fake and filed a "item not as described " claim. ebay sided with him and they charged me back the money and they didn't even require him to send them back to me. I had a score of 73 with 100% rating. I lost shoes and money from this turd. haven't been able to contact him thru ebay. I filed a complaint thru ic3.gov and haven't heard nothing from them.

Literally just happened to me.

Clown received my shoes stated they were worn because ONE had a cpl pieces of sock fuzz on it. I said that because i tried on the left foot and relaced because i planned on keeping them. But never said the soles were dirty or that both shoes were worn, just the one shoe. So i guess im going around just wearing 1 shoe these days. Then goes on to how the shoes didnt have the original contents because they were missing the little sticks that come in the 4s, also shoe packaging was destroyed because i folded the black paper up and stuck it inside the shoe.

Long story short requests to return i say ok just return it, my wife gets the box and theres nothing in it. The top of the box is barely even taped, yet the sides are taped down completely with out being cut so theres no way a box falls out. It was never in there. On top of that just before he sends them back messages saying " im not responsible for the damages done when i send them to you" .. now does that not already scream foul play

Ebay refunds him the money because the tracking says it delivered. I told the lady so basically youre saying i can buy something and ask to return it but in reality just send an empty box and i get to keep the item and get my money back. She flat out just said yes, because "faulty returns" are not covered in our policy.

So now im out of shoes and money. Meanwhile the post office themselves noted on the box with their stickers that the box was already empty arriving at 2 differrent locations :smh:

Buyer is arizona_kickz

Last edited:
^^^ There are two sides to every story and some people should just be lucky that they aren't getting put on blast for running their mouth and telling lies.. :smh::smh::smh::smh::nerd::nerd::rolleyes:rolleyes

I will never sell on eBay again.

I have had an account on ebay for 10 years, but haven't sold much. I just had a really shady character win a pair of shoes off of me, and after doing a little research I could tell he was setting me up for the buyer protection fraud scam. Out of a hunch I redirected my package before the shoes got to him. The person was BEGGING me to just let him get the package to see if the shoes were legit
grin.gif
 . The person had 0 feedback, and had been a member for 3 years. The customer service rep said all signs pointed to him being illegitimate, and helped me set up my seller settings to not let people with zero feedback purchase items from me. 

At the same time I sold another pair of shoes to what seemed like a legit buyer... but he has yet to leave me feedback and my money is still on hold with paypal even though the tracking number says they were delivered 3 days ago. I hope he doesn't hit me with this 
tired.gif

I didn't know selling on eBay was such a nightmare. NEVER again. 

Anything I can do to help OP, let me know. 

I remember this cat went back and flipped the shoes he scammed from you, certified savage fr. 
mean.gif

I have had an account on ebay for 10 years, but haven't sold much. I just had a really shady character win a pair of shoes off of me, and after doing a little research I could tell he was setting me up for the buyer protection fraud scam. Out of a hunch I redirected my package before the shoes got to him. The person was BEGGING me to just let him get the package to see if the shoes were legit >D  . The person had 0 feedback, and had been a member for 3 years. The customer service rep said all signs pointed to him being illegitimate, and helped me set up my seller settings to not let people with zero feedback purchase items from me. 

At the same time I sold another pair of shoes to what seemed like a legit buyer... but he has yet to leave me feedback and my money is still on hold with paypal even though the tracking number says they were delivered 3 days ago. I hope he doesn't hit me with this |I

till this day ic3.gov has yet to respond to my case

I have had an account on ebay for 10 years, but haven't sold much. I just had a really shady character win a pair of shoes off of me, and after doing a little research I could tell he was setting me up for the buyer protection fraud scam. Out of a hunch I redirected my package before the shoes got to him. The person was BEGGING me to just let him get the package to see if the shoes were legit >D  . The person had 0 feedback, and had been a member for 3 years. The customer service rep said all signs pointed to him being illegitimate, and helped me set up my seller settings to not let people with zero feedback purchase items from me. 

At the same time I sold another pair of shoes to what seemed like a legit buyer... but he has yet to leave me feedback and my money is still on hold with paypal even though the tracking number says they were delivered 3 days ago. I hope he doesn't hit me with this |I

Why is your money on hold with PayPal? Did he file a complaint already ? Call eBay cs?

His money is on hold because eBay does that if you are a new seller or haven't sold in a while. It's just their standard policy.

Last edited:
Yea you have to successfully sell so many items and receive positive feedback before you can start receiving the money instantly.

Never use global shipping program . They lost two items I shipped

I thought you get paid and then it gets shipped or what ever

Wouldn't there be insurance on the package? Feel like eBay would offer insurance for the price of the item

I thought you get paid and then it gets shipped or what ever

Wouldn't there be insurance on the package? Feel like eBay would offer insurance for the price of the item

eBay paid me back for the lost items but I had to wait on hold for an hour each time plus the buyer is not
Happy even though it wasn't my fault. In addition it doesn't save a lot of money and they ship slow bc it goes to a hub in the US.

Back
Top Bottom